main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga **Two Sides of the Same JedCred - A Novella** - 5/27th - COMPLETED!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by PulsarSkate, Jan 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    Title: Two sides of the same JedCred ? A Novella

Author: PulsarSkate

Timeframe: Intertrilogy ? between ANH and TESB

Characters: A few OC?s, small appearances by Iella Wessiri, Kirtan Loor, Soontir Fel and the 181st?maybe some more as we go along.

Genre: Action, adventure, excitement! Lucky there probably won't be any Jedi :p

Summary: Two sisters from Corellia, (one a CorSec officer and the other a cardsharp/slacker) a ?stolen? ship and a run in with the Derra IV disaster.

Notes: The only characters I own are the ones I made up, I lay no claim whatsoever to others, who all belong to the greater good of EU/OT writers, and the grand flannelled one.

----------------------------------------------

Welcome to my Fic! I'm abit nervous about this, but I hope that someone will read it and at least appreciate this padawan learner's attempt. I hope you enjoy, and all feedback will be welcomed with flowers, chocolate and a hug.

**Prologue**

??If you do not return to docking bay 766 immediately, we will be forced to send officers out to retrieve you. I repeat, HoldOut Six, cease your trajectory and return to docking bay 766.? The ships comm squawked.

?Oh shut up!? Dinn grunted as she dialled the inertial compensator down, gaining better control of the Ugly she was piloting. She whooped loudly as her ship rocketed through the gauntlet of freighters and transports and out into the blackness, but her joy was cut short as the comm crackled again.

?HoldOut Six, this is CorSec Officer Tsalisz, please cease your trajectory-?

?Sithspit, Nia, you know this is my ship. I won it fair and square.? Dinn snapped into the comm, cutting off the message.

?It?s not your ship Dinn. It?s been reported stolen, and it?s my job to bring it back to the rightful owners.? Nia said, her voice tense over the comm. ?Like I?ve said to you countless times before, things you win in sabacc games are more than likely stolen in the first place.?

?Yeah yeah,? Dinn scowled at the x-wing that was flying on her wing. ?You?re my sister, give me a break will you??

?I?m serious. As an officer of CorSec, I am obligated to bring any offenders in, regardless of whether I?m related to them or not.?

Nia?s stern voice made Dinn stab at the controls angrily as she set her course for hyperspace.

?Well, CorSec ,? Dinn put as much venom as she could into the word. ?I won?t be seeing you any time soon, so stay out of trouble.?

?Me? I should say the same for- Hang on, what do you mean you won?t be seeing me? Where the sith do you think you?re-?

Dinn smiled as the comm. went silent and the white swirl of hyperspace greeted her.

Sighing heavily as the Ugly beside her flickered with pseudo-motion and disappeared; Nia eased her x-wing back and began returning to Corellia.

?Dad?s going to kill me when he finds out I let her go.?

Chapter One.

Nia kicked her locker in a sudden burst of rage and frustration. She knew she had failed to bring a suspect in but being dressed down in front of her father by the Imperial Liaison had humiliated her.

?It is my opinion that your inability to shoot the suspect down before she went to hyperspace means that perhaps you are not cut out for employment here at Corellian Security. I am suggesting to your superiors that they look into transferring you to a more suitable position?like reception.?

?I hope you get transferred to a blackhole, Loor.? she whispered as angry tears rolled down her face.

The door to the female locker room slid open and closed in quick succession. A sigh of relief broke the silence.

Nia looked up and saw Iella Wessiri leaning against the door. The blonde woman looked over and grinned.

?Hey Nia, you hiding from Loor too?? Iella smiled, but soon lost the happy expression as she saw how wretched Nia looked. ?You okay??

?Yeah, I?m fine.? Nia shrugged, her words coming out in a sigh. ?I just got reprimanded for letting a suspect escape the system.?

?Really? Who was it??

?My sister, Dinn. You know h

2. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    :eek: Oh, Sithspit! PS! This is great! What a wonderful start, I'm so proud of you. :D I can't wait for more!

YAY! Hip Hip HOORAY! More more more. Please.

3. AcklayComeHome

AcklayComeHome Jedi Master star 7

Apr 27, 2002
    Well, I was trying to find the "tl,dr" dancing banana to post here, but I couldn't. :(

But it's a lie anyway, cuz I really did read it. I just think that dancing banana guy is really funny! :D

Ok, this is the first fanfic I've ever read, so I can't really compare it to anything, but I thought it was good. I have no problem with it. And I just might read the next installment too! ;)

4. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    [face_blush] :D Thanks SS!

Geez, thanks Acks, glad I only had to put one blaster to your head to get you here! :p

5. Earwen-Ancalime

Earwen-Ancalime Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2003
    *claps*

This is great! I can't wait to see what happens next! Keep up the great work Jessie!

6. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    Thanks Natalie! :D

7. Anakin_Padme4ever

Anakin_Padme4ever Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 29, 2002
    Wow! Great start Jessie! Can't wait to see what happens next! :D

UP! ;)

8. ShasaWaterwalker

ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    All right Jessie.
    That was great.
    I can't wait to read more.

I'm proud.

9. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    Thanks Gauri and Rhonda! I'm glad you enjoyed it :D

More coming soon...

*shakes head sadly as she shamelessly ups her own story*

:p

10. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Wow! Cool! I want more. You write very convincingly.

11. Keeper_of_Swords

Keeper_of_Swords Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2003

That was a good start

12. Mjsullivan

Mjsullivan Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2003
    hehe, very fast paced story means there's no time to get bored ;) I've always wanted to read a story about the workings of CorSec. Whatever you do, please keep this up.

13. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    Laine: Thanks for the compliment! here's the more you wanted!
    Keeper_of_Swords and Mjsullivan Thanks for reading! It's nice to meet you.

Well, here it is! Chapter Two!

Chapter Two

Nia sat outside her father?s office, deliberately sitting on her hands so she wouldn?t fiddle. It had only been 24 hours since Dinn had blasted out of the spaceport, but already Nia had begun to feel the aftershock. Her patrol roster had been suspended; her x-wing grounded til further notice and her mother was in a hysterical state. The usual family meal had turned into free-for-all, with her parents blaming themselves, each other and Nia, all in the space of one course.

And now she had to deal with her father on an official level. It was one thing to have him yell at her over dinner, it was another to be yelled at in a professionally capacity. She felt the same sickening clench in her gut she?d experienced at the Academy when she hadn?t got highest in her class. Never mind that at this point Dinn had quit school and started working nights in a mechanic?s shop in the dodger part of the city, Nia was expected to be the golden child. The image of her grease-smeared sister?s solitary standing ovation at her graduation ceremony made her grit her teeth. The cheers and whistles that had rung through out the hall as Nia Tsalisz, family disappointment and second best student in her class, took the stage and solemnly accepted her rank of officer had been like little hot darts of embarrassment.

Nia snapped back to the present. All her anger and frustration with Dinn had to be put aside, for the moment. She was off the case, there was nothing she could do.

Her father?s door opened and instead of the heavyset light haired form of Arlin Tsalisz, the imposing figure of Kirtan Loor leared down at her. Standing quickly and saluting, Nia avoided Loor?s gaze; a reaction that brought a tight smile of pleasure to the Imperial Liaison?s face.

?Officer Tsalisz, nice to see you again. How are you enjoying your desk job? Different kind of piloting to an x-wing?? Loor sneered.

?Yes sir. Even though I still have some kind of droid looking over my shoulder, the controls are a lot easier once to you know who?s in control of the rudder pedal.? She replied, knowing that Loor wouldn?t appreciate what she was talking about. She allowed her eyes to slide quickly across the man?s face, and noted his smile disappearing.

?Well, be that as it may, I would hope you do a better job at a desk than you did yesterday in your ship. I look forward to taking you through the finer points of filing parking offences in the future.? Loor snapped before turning quickly on his heel and setting off down the corridor.

?Nia, you can come in now.? Her father?s voice boomed from the office. ?And shut the door behind you.?

Dinn guided the Ugly through a gap in the wreckage of a medical frigate, hoping to throw the two TIEs off her tail. Juking all over the place as she tried to make her way past the ensuing battle to the clear space behind Derra V, Dinn sang to herself. It was an old habit from back when she was learning to fly, but the happy strains of ?My old man?s a pirate? helped keep her from giving up in fear.

?My old man?s a pirate, he flies the fastest ship, CorSec curse when he leaves port, coz he?s given them the slip. Ohh my old man?s a pirate, he lets me count his creds, if CorSec ever lays a hand on me, you know that they?ll be dead!? she sang loudly, pulling her ship into a weave and diving underneath the black fragments of a blasted squint.

Her datascreen flashed purple a few times, indicating the locking and losing of targeting systems, the accompanying whine making her lose her concentration for a nanosecond, but it was enough. An x-wing with an aggressive TIE hot on its thrusters cut in front of her, causing Dinn to pull up dramatically. The TIE behind her didn?t see its comrade and both collided in a rather tame ex

14. ShasaWaterwalker

ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Yes, exciting.
    :p

Great Job, Jessie.

hhmmmm, wonder if Dinn's mischevious way will catch up to her???

15. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Cool stuff. Any more? Please?

16. Earwen-Ancalime

Apr 10, 2003
    *stands and claps*

What happens next???

This is good! Keep it up!!!

*waits on edge of seat for more*

17. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    Rhonda You know Dinn will get into more trouble... I think she'd be bored if she didn't. :D

Don't worry Laine , There will be plenty more. I don't really have that much of a life you know ;)

Be careful there Nat , the edge of that seat can be very slippery, try this bean bag instead :p

I'll post a teaser up soon, and another chapter (hopefully) by the end of the week. Thank you all for your comments!

18. Laine_Snowtrekker

Jul 8, 2003
    Oh, you have a life! It's just not out in the real world. J/K. :)

19. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    [face_laugh] Thanks Laine!

Well, here's a teaser post, just to keep people hooked! Its not in sequential order, and some of it may not make much sense, but youknow, I like to be confuzzling

---------------------------------------------------------
    A scream cut through the comm link between the ships, cold and unnatural. One sickening thought settled itself in the two pilots' minds... Beserker
    ---------------------
    "If it was her ship, then why are you after her?"
    "Because I don't want her killed."
    "Neither do I.
    "Then I guess we're on the same side."
    "I doubt it, CorSec."
    ---------------------
    "Where am I going to go? There's no way I'm waiting around for a ride from these guys!"
    "Hoth. Just go to Hoth."
    "Are you kidding? I'd rather ask the kriffing Emperor to marry me than go to that frozen ball of SithSpit!"
    "You swear alot, don't you."
    ---------------------
    "You loved her?"
    "No."
    "Then why...?"
    "Like I said, I just don't want her killed."
    ---------------------------------------------------------

:D

20. Earwen-Ancalime

Apr 10, 2003
    *sits on the bean bag*

One problem... it doesn't let me stay on the edge of my seat, but that's where the teaser left me.

*appears on the edge of the chair again*

I'll try not to fall off as long as you keep up this awesome stuff.

*can't wait to see how the teaser fits*

21. SECRETSISTER

SECRETSISTER Jedi Master star 8

Nov 18, 2001
    YAY!!! I finally got here again! Great stuff, Jessie, and that teaser! Hoth? You're coming to Hoth? I just left there! :D

Keep it up, kiddo. This is fantastic.

22. hunter_ofthe_myst_ra

hunter_ofthe_myst_ra Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 23, 2003
    :) hmm, I'm not very good at thinking up intelligent things to say ;) anyway it was really good and I loved how the two sisters argued and such. pretty funny stuff :)

23. Anakin_Padme4ever

Anakin_Padme4ever Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 29, 2002
    Whoo! Another great post! And that teaser's sure got me interested now, wonder how it'll tie in next! :D

Great job, Jess!

24. RosyRedFinguredDawn

RosyRedFinguredDawn Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2003
    Yes exciting, but they're Corellians so how could it not be? Keep it up, I'd like to see further development. See you soon.
    ~Rosy

P.S. Cool teaser :)

25. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    Thank you everyone, for your wonderful kind comments! Makes me feel happy to know people are reading! [face_blush] So for you all, Here is Chapter Three!

Chapter Three

Nia walked confidently through the open doors of the mechanic shop, motioning Juke to stay outside. A small Vratix watched her pass from his perch on top of a HeadHunter engine, then moved quietly through a hatchway to the main part of the hanger.
    Walking up to the counter, Nia tried to act as her sister would, casual and disrespectful. She leant awkwardly on the counter, and slapped the bell that hung under a sign ?Please ring if unattended?.
    She heard footsteps behind her and a jovial voice say ?Dinn? You scallywag, I thought you blew off the stiffs and got out of here??
    But all friendliness left the man?s demeanour as Nia turned around and he realised who she wasn?t.
    ?What can I do for you CorSec??
    ?You know who I am?? Nia asked, surprised and little hurt that the man before her had stiffened defensively when she spoke.
    ?Dinn?s sister. What do you want?? he snapped, wiping his hands with a rag that lay on the engine. He palmed the holdout blaster quickly and kept the rag in his hand to cover it.
    ?Do you know where Dinn is?? Nia asked firmly, drawing herself up to her full height.
    ?No. Now get out of here CorSec, you?re scaring away business.?
    Nia sighed and decided to be more forceful.
    ?Look, I?m sorry, but you?re just going to have to put that holdout blaster down.? She tried her best to copy the cocksure grin her sister would have had plastered on her face in a moment like this. ?How about you tell me what I want to know, or as close to it as you can get, and then I?ll leave.?
    Rolta smiled, dropping the blaster to the floor and kicking it to Nia?s feet.
    ?Maybe your more like your sister than I thought.? He said, as a way of reconciliation.
    ?Thanks, I?ll try to take that as a compliment, Rolta. Now, where is Dinn??

?What are you doing here anyway Ugly??
    Dinn barely heard Red Ten?s voice through the comm. static.
    ?It was a mistake. I was on my way to?somewhere else.? She yelled, manoeuvring around a spiralling, damaged x-wing.
    ?Bank left now Ugly!? Red Ten suddenly ordered. Dinn reacted quickly and barely missed another TIE. ?Can you fly that hunk of junk at all Ugly??
    ?Hey!? Dinn scowled, snapping the comm. ?I can fly better than anyone you can name, I just haven?t kriffin flown in combat before!?
    ?Well that?s obvious.?
    If Dinn hadn?t caught the calm, goodnatured feeling behind the voice, she would have turned her lasers on him, but instead she rolled in on the TIE?s tail and pulled the trigger.
    ?Well, at least you can shoot.? Red Ten laughed, flying past her in the shower of debris left by her vape.
    ?Watch your tail Red Ten, we?ve still got that crazy TIE behinds us.?
    ?Copy that. Let?s try and get him together, I?m sick of chasing your Ugly butt around this starmap.?

Nia sat patiently in the small office at the back of the hangar, her eyes focussed on the man in front of her. They had been sitting in an uncomfortable silence for a long while.
    ?So why are you here??
    ?You know my sister. You know where she?s gone.? Nia said tersely. ?I?m to find out what you know.?
    ?Real conversationalist, aren?t you?? Rolta laughed. ?No wonder Dinn didn?t like you.?
    ?That?s not the issue here. I need to know-?
    ?Yes, I heard you the first time. I don?t know where she?s gone.? Rolta?s jovial mood was quickly replaced by irritation. ?When she blasted out of here, I thought it was just for a joy ride. I didn?t even know she?d given the ship hyperspace capabilities!?
    ?I thought she won it in one of her sabaac games?? Nia frowned.
    ?She won parts of it in a game, but not the whole thing. We were helping her build it.? Rolta reached into a draw and pulled out a datacard, throwing across the desk to Nia. ?All of the work is detailed on this. Everything is nice and legit, as far as you?re concerned CorSec.?
    She pocketed the datacard a

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.