main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Two surgeries at the same time....

Discussion in 'Community' started by Harpua, Dec 28, 2010.

1. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Probably tastes like pot, would be my guess.

Speaking of which Kristie, you ever had two surgeries......

[image=http://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/Entertainment/images-4/jon-stewart-half-baked.jpg]

On WEEEEEEED???

Hope you feel better soon. :)

2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Harpuah is a cyborg now!

3. sith_stomp

sith_stomp Jedi Youngling

Dec 29, 2010
    Speedy recovery!! And your hospital nurse must have felt the public education system failed you badly if she felt the need to explain the womanly parts to a woman ;)

4. Kiki-Gonn

Kiki-Gonn Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 26, 2001
    Hope you're fully recovered in no time.

5. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    feel better soon kristie. two operations at the same time seems pretty hardcore.

6. AnakinsGirl

AnakinsGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    The nurse didn't mean anything by it. I think you would be surprised to know how many women have no idea what a labia, cervix, or fallopian tube is. SERIOUSLY. She was just making an assumption that you were like a lot of women who haven't been educated about their bodies.

7. ask-the-younglings

ask-the-younglings Jedi Youngling star 5

Jan 18, 2004
    [:D] <- get well soon hug, but a really gentle one so it doesn't hurt :(

Take care of yourself :*

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    A little better every day?

9. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    My step-grandfather is getting morphine while he is in hospice. It has given him eyes in his toes and fingernails, but he can't see with them very well. It's good stuff.

10. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Yes, definitely... it has been a week since the surgeries, and I have improved... just slowly. I'm not supposed to lift anything heavier than ten pounds for four weeks, which should be... interesting. The pain is definitely still there, but much more manageable, and in the coming weeks, I should keep improving. For now, though... Percocet, brownies, and rest. My son and I are both on breaks from school, which helps immensely. Going from laying down to sitting up is still an enormous challenge. At first, last week, I looked like a turtle stuck on its back, trying to sit up or roll over... it still takes quite a bit of effort, and there is a significant amount of pain involved, but yeah... it's slowly improving.

Plus, this morning I awoke to Pete on the phone, and that's an excellent start to any day. :)

Deb... medical marijuana tastes like marijuana... because it's marijuana, silly. :p

Oh... so to add to my recovery room story... once my dad and son showed up to take me out of that horrid place, the nurse proceeded to go through her entire spiel... explaining the catheter and my anatomy (with a picture), once again... pointing out my labia and explaining that the catheter has to go into "This" (points to hole) hole, because the other hole is the va-jye-nah... my eight year old son was thrilled.

11. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Yay to getting better!! [:D] Couldn't help but chuckle at the discharge instructions given to son and dad. Poor guys! [face_laugh]

12. ask-the-younglings

Jan 18, 2004
    Sorry for waking you :(

13. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    No apology necessary. [:D]

14. AnakinsGirl

AnakinsGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    HAHAHAHA awww the catheter story is kind of funny. I can totally see how NOT amused you are. Once again, she is making an assumption that not even men know that there are, *ahem*, THREE holes. Nurses can be funny like that though.

15. mrsvos

mrsvos Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 18, 2005
    Sorry harps, I forgot you were eating it...LOL. I was being a weed snob.

16. block

block Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2004
    There's three holes:confused:

17. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Hey, eight-year-olds don't always know that. :p

18. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I think my son could have gone a couple more years, before learning about the labia... and it would have been nice for him to have learned these things from me, instead of some random nurse. :p

19. ask-the-younglings

Jan 18, 2004
    Ok, so I've been thinking about all the ramifications of having a bunch of metalwork in your abdomen after someone chopping away at it with a knife, and it's occurred to me that pooping must now be an immensely painful process that - if done with too much gusto - could also be kinda dangerous.

Suddenly I'm feeling more sympathy than ever :(

[:D]

20. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    harpuah,

Here's to a speedy recovery! And a couple of gentle hugs for good measure. [:D] [:D] And you can keep eating those brownies after the pain goes away...

Loved the catheter story--I'm glad that so far, I've only had eye surgery--not too much for the nurse to explain to whoever picks you up. Haven't had a nurse explain to me how to use eyedrops...

21. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Er... yes, I've been taking stool softeners for a week now. A couple of days ago, I was on the terlet, and I felt this surging... with almost no effort, I produced a three foot long python, with the girth of a tree stump. It stood up, and performed Karn Evil 9 3rd Impression for me.

22. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    I forgot to take stool softeners in the days before my ankle surgery. I regretted it.

23. Raggedy_Android

Raggedy_Android Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2005

congratulations on the birth of your poop python! what did you name it? it doesn't matter, i'm going to call it harpoopah! :D :p

edit: added emotes so as to make sure no one took that as a meanish comment.. 'cause it wasn't!

24. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Your sense of humor and your descriptive abilities are the best!!

25. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    I am the self proclaimed queen of meanish comments... I do no take offense to such things. :p