JCC Two surgeries at the same time....

Discussion in 'Community' started by harpua, Dec 28, 2010.

1. block Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I was gonna guess Warcraft induced hemorrhoids.
  2. DarthTunick Arena Streak for Colors Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    I'm very happy to see that it's all worked out for you, Kristie.:)

They beat Boston!: 2009-2010 L.A. Lakers: Back-to-Back World Champions :cool:
  3. Miana Kenobi Costuming & Props Mod - Retired Admin

Manager
    star 8
    Ick, surgery sucks. I felt so useless after my gallbladder removal surgery. Especially when you need help just to stand up from sitting or getting out of bed. :(

Percocet was fun. I'm allergic to codeine, however, so my favorite one ever was Oxycontin. I had some GOOD dreams with that one. :)
  4. GrandAdmiralJello Community and Lit moderator person

Manager
    star 10
    Oxycontin just percocet without the acetaminophen. :p
  5. ask-the-younglings Jedi Youngling

star 5
    [image=http://onlinedatingtips.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Cartman-Anal-Probe.jpg]
  6. harpua Chosen One

star 8

[image=http://img1.tvloop.com/img/showpics/9f/95/m3432b3980001_2_1635.jpg]

7. harpua Chosen One

star 8
    I'm doing so much better now... can actually sleep comfortably on my side again (gotta prop a leg up with a pillow to minimize strain... interesting, but it works). Starting tomorrow, I begin walking a mile a day, to speed up the recovery process.

School starts back up for me on Jan 19... plenty of time to heal before beginning my last semester before I graduate and transfer to a new school in the fall. This year is going to be a great one, I can already feel it.

Tuesday, I will be able to legally walk into a dispensary and purchase medical marijuana for myself... even better.

Thanks for all the kind words... you guys are great. [:D]

As promised, here's some pictures of the volcano process...

Plaster string and cardboard:
    [image=http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/harpuah/001-2.jpg]

After we painted it:
    [image=http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/harpuah/012.jpg]

I tried to get pictures of it erupting, but they didn't turn out so great.. happened too fast. :p

Here are post eruption pictures (the next day):
    [image=http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/harpuah/014-1.jpg]
    [image=http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/harpuah/016.jpg]
  8. block Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Party at Kristie's!!!!!

Seriously though, glad you're feeling better.
  9. Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I've got a vaporizer called a volcano. We should hang out.

10. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Happy you're feeling better. Still, try to take it easy when you can. I hope you enjoy your prescription, I sure the hell would.

Love the pics of the volcano! Certainly brings back memories.
  11. harpua Chosen One

star 8
    Mort, I am all about hanging out with you... make it to Colorado, and we'll party like a rock star and a burnt out hippie recovering from vagina surgery. :p
  12. mrsvos Force Ghost

star 5
    *buys airline ticket*
  13. Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    As much as I appreciate being called a "burned out hippie recovering from vagina surgery" I suppose I could still find my way that way to whoop it up proper...which will happen. It's number two on my list of things to do this year...right after my resolution to stop killing prostitutes.

14. harpua Chosen One

star 8
    So, I have gotten my physician's certification for medical marijuana.... so odd to decide that to need to go out shopping for milk, bread, toilet paper, shampoo, and a quarter of super dank. :p

Cabin fever has begun to settle in, though... I am so ready to feel normal again. Having limited mobility and function can be depressing. I've decided to take myself off the pain meds (percoset, etc...). In the days just after my surgeries, two percs would leave me drooling all over the place and a veggie... but now, I could easily perform brain surgery on them... that's not a good thing. The last thing I want, is to develop a tolerance for opiates - bad, bad, bad. So I am going to try it out with ibuprofen and brownies - I should be fine... we'll see. Spring semester starts on the 19th - four and a half months until I graduate and transfer... the last thing I need right now, is a god damn opiate habit. :p

Oh, and I got two African dwarf frogs... they are awesome, and keep me company. Last night, they performed act one of Joe's Garage, with my Thursday evening poop python playing the part of Mary.

I have named them Flo and Eddy:

[image=http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/harpuah/007-1.jpg]
    [image=http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c288/harpuah/004-2.jpg]
  15. Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    What's on the menu at a CO dispensery? What does a quarter cost? Is it less than $100?

16. harpua Chosen One

star 8
    Well, I joined the Denver Canna-Club, which has a location in my town. I pay a $30 membership fee per month, and get two free eights every month (top of the line, super dank... whatever strain I want).... which will last me over a month, so for me, $30. :p

http://www.denvercannaclub.com/products.html
  17. Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Holy crap that's better than Holland! I need to get the hell out of the midwest.
  18. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Damn, that's pretty reasonable.
  19. harpua Chosen One

star 8
    So... these past few days, I've been in semi severe pain that has had me in a state of borderline psychosis... bad. I had my post op appointment for my hernia surgery today. There has been this lump in the area where my hernia was, and I was convinced that it wasn't properly fixed. The nurse didn't help... I showed it to her, and she said, "hmmmm... you may have a recurring hernia" . . . oy. Luckily, she was incorrect - unluckily, it was a pocket of fluid the size of a plum. So I got to do a crunch and hold myself in that position (ouch) while he took a huge syringe attached to a huge needle, and sucked 20 CCs of funky looking fluid out of my abdomen.

Ow.

****. Me.

I'm bruised, but already feel better... pain has been alleviated by more than half. I've got my post op appt for my other surgery on Thursday... I feel absolutely zero pain for that, so I'm optimistic.

I gotta go into hibernation now, until I graduate in May... I've got a hell beast of a last semester ahead of me. Thanks for listening to me babble about my medical adventures. :p
  20. Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I could listen to you "babble" about abdominal fluids all day.

21. harpua Chosen One

star 8
    Pffft... every time I say I'm going "into hibernation" it never ****ing happens... I suck. :p Let's call it "gotta graduate, but I'm still a JCC crack head, so I'll still be here, just not as much" time... lol.

Went to the Dr on Wednesday, to have more fluid drained... this tine, it was 10 CCs... turns out the majority of the lump I see in my abdomen, is scar tissue... which should soften in two - three weeks... in other words, I am healing / recovering nicely.

I begin physical therapy for both abdomen and vag in March... and yeah, vag physical therapy is... intriguing - perhaps I will be able to do that ping pong thing when I'm finished... dunno. :p

Spring semester is... hard core. I graduate in four months - holeh sheet. I will actually have a full summer off before I start at a new school - first time in about five years - I think I'm going to take Jaiden to Lego Land - gotta make the most of this summer, because once I start at the new school, it will be more of the same... a very long time before I have another summer off.

So yeah... I'm still alive, and healing nicely... thanks for paying attention. [:D]
  22. Healer_Leona Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Damn, hadn't seen the post from the 11th. Does not sound pleasant and glad things are mending again.

Lego Land sounds fun!
  23. Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    That reminds me...I need to buy a new ping-pong paddle.

24. ask-the-younglings Jedi Youngling

star 5
    I haven't played wiff-waff in years. Oh, and London's mayor > all other mayors.
  25. Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    He is a cool mayor. I saw him on Top Gear a while back.