main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Two totally different takes on Hayden

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by _dArTh_SoLo, Oct 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    Natalie and hayden did a great job-end of story. the movie has already been released... we've seen it 30 times or more, but... see, its time to accept AOTC for what it is. Im over it. I don't care about the acting. I just don't like dealing with all this bashing... i mean we've accepted the OT for what it is.. and... so.. *Sighs* Now as for ewan.... ooooh yeah... er

2. Rebel Scumb

Rebel Scumb Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 22, 1999
    I agree, appearance does not equal talent.

3. Palo_Bianco

Palo_Bianco Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 6, 2002
    Thats just what ugly people say. Ha ha, you know its a joke, don't you.

But really, Hayden is the real deal, a slice of hot butter on a sexy hot dog. His acting is a thing of talent. So don't be jealous, just be happy. This is the starwars we all need.

4. Punisher

Punisher Jedi Master star 4

Oct 20, 1998
    I don't totally agree with that. I don't agree with some of her opinion... but I didn't feel the need to question that or belittle it.
    That is where the fights start.

Hmmm... I said SOME teachers... I didn't say all! You take things too personally.
    I work in art, if someone says SOME artists are too lazy to get a real job, construction, clerk, police officer etc., I'm not going to disagree with them, I think SOME artists are lazy and/or they don't enjoy manual labor.

Oh, so I guess Jen X, you and I need to be Drama Professors BEFORE we can offer comments on Hayden's work?!
    I've never written, dircted or produced a movie, so due to that, I can't comment positively or negatively on amy film SW or others I have ever seen?!
    I am a consumer, I paid the money to see the film and I feel I have the right to comment/bash/love or feel indifferent about the product I paid to see.
    You feel you have the right to appreciate his performance, Jen X has the right not to.. or do YOU own the Internet?

Well, I feel that I have a right to comment on the films... I have offered positive points on them, but I feel that there are many negative points in the films as well...
    if GL (or anyone) didn't want other people to comment on their work, then don't release it to the public!

Anyone should be able to "get" SW, but I see more than a few reponses to posts about how "bashers" or other fans didn't get the complexities of the stories, the characters, the casting, the wardrobe, the special efects, WHATEVER in the films....
    If so many people can't get "it", then why not have a disclaimer... in order to make the films more digestable for the "slow or easily offended in the audience".
    By the way, I'm joking about the disclaimer... think about Dogma... that is the kind of disclaimer I'd much rather see. :)

I guess Hayden's ASS has a lot to do with his "talent & acting ability"? ;)
    I realize the humor behind your comment, but I find it funny that you felt the need to add it to the discussion. ;)
    I dunno, in 30 years, maybe he will be kissing a Larry King clone, ala Marlon Brando?

5. Palo_Bianco

Apr 6, 2002
    A great ass is a nice thing to look at. Movies are almost all about looking.

6. Punisher

Oct 20, 1998
    It's Star Wars, I'm sure ILM did some digital manipulation to his ass.

7. anakin_girl

anakin_girl Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 8, 2000
    I realize the humor behind your comment, but I find it funny that you felt the need to add it to the discussion.

I'm glad you saw the humour behind it, but the comment itself was meant for Palo and others appreciative of Hayden's asthetic attributes.

I've never written, dircted or produced a movie, so due to that, I can't comment positively or negatively on amy film SW or others I have ever seen?!

You can comment all you want, but don't set your opinions on a more superior level than those who do have experience in the field--at least not if you are expecting to be taken seriously.

You feel you have the right to appreciate his performance, Jen X has the right not to.. or do YOU own the Internet?

No, Al Gore owns the Internet--and he thinks Hayden is a great actor. :D ;)

Seriously, though, Jen X, and you, have jumped into a thread full of people who want to praise Hayden's talent. You bash him and then whine when the rest of the people in the thread jump on you. What did you expect? Another example: it is well-known that my favorite character is Anakin Skywalker (I got acquainted with Hayden's acting talent when I found out he was going to play Anakin and wanted to see an example of his acting). I, however, am not going to go into an Obi-Wan Kenobi Appreciation Thread, where there are likely to be many Anakin-haters, and start saying that Anakin is a better character than Obi-Wan. That would be what my father used to call "asking for it".

...if GL (or anyone) didn't want other people to comment on their work, then don't release it to the public!

This attitude bothers me. It's similar, in my mind, to the whole entertainment industry attitude of, "Celebrities chose to be celebrities--they should expect to give up their privacy and have cameras peeking in on them at every corner." I'll use another comparison to my profession. As a teacher, an occasional criticism from a disgruntled parent is to be expected. However, if my work were constantly being undermined and unappreciated, I would find something else to do. We should recognize Lucas' work, and Hayden's work, and the work of all the other creative and talented people in the world, for what it is--something that they have put their heart into and something that deserves appreciation.

P.S. It's Star Wars, I'm sure ILM did some digital manipulation to his ass.

Some girlfriends of mine have seen his ass, in person (with clothing covering it of course). Paraphrase: 'No matter what universe you're from, that is one fine ass.' :D

8. Palo_Bianco

Apr 6, 2002
    "I've never written, dircted or produced a movie, so due to that, I can't comment positively or negatively on amy film SW or others I have ever seen?! "

This very true. But not just for you, this is true for everyone, its not prejudice its fair, you can't break the rules.

9. Punisher

Oct 20, 1998
    Jenife Lopez has a nice butt, I don't think she is a great actress... nor is any Baywatch Babe a great actress due to their Playboy spreads or their implants!

No, this isn't a "praise" Hayden thread... the title says "Two TOTALLY DIFFERENT takes on Hayden"... It's not "Kiss Hayden's Digitally Manipulated Posterior".

I guess I was wrong to judge a thread by it's TITLE. ;)

I'm sorry, but you comments give the impression that you feel your opinions has much more merit.
    You feel the need to justify them by bringing up Hayden's awards (oh, I'm sorry, NOMINATIONS), teacher's comment, GL's comments and what his little league coach said about him in the 4th Grade.

I don't even think GL feels he deserves some of the PRAISE that he gets... I understand the value of storytelling in society and the human condition, but he hasn't invented a cure for Cancer, brought peace to the Middle East or anything..
    He made a movie or as Mark Hamill once said
    "It's a movie, it shouldn't have any more weight than a Looney Tunes cartoon, they aren't tablets from the mountain."

Anyone expects to CREATE something and then ask for PAYMENT for it, but doesn't expect any comments (negative or positive) about it... is either insane or living in a dream world.
    I believe Celebrites have a right to privacy, but if they show up at a SW Celebration or a Premiere, for example, they should expect a fan feeding frenzy... it is how they deal with that situation that show their character and appreciation for fans, i do think in such an environment that a fan has a right to talk to the celebrity, get an autograph, et a handshake, etc., not the right to hang out at their house afterwards!
    I don't think that GL should have to live with a SW geek stalking him or any other celebrity.
    The two issues are totally different. One the person is buying the entertainment, the other the person is going past the entertainment to fixate on the people involved in the entertainment. That is different.

10. Palo_Bianco

Apr 6, 2002
    Yes but it is not fair to judge good or bad, we don't make star wars, only George W Lucas does, so how do we know how it is suppose to be?

Thats right, we can't so we jsut have to wait and find out.

11. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    Jenife Lopez has a nice butt, I don't think she is a great actress... nor is any Baywatch Babe a great actress due to their Playboy spreads or their implants!

Allow me to reiterate that my comment about Hayden's ass was not meant for you, nor for anyone else who is not sexually attracted to males and therefore cannot appreciate the finer points of the male physique. ;)

Also, I believe I stated in my original post regarding this matter that while I certainly appreciate Hayden's looks, I don't connect them with his acting, and his acting talent is what draws me to him the most.

I'm sorry, but you comments give the impression that you feel your opinions has much more merit.
    You feel the need to justify them by bringing up Hayden's awards (oh, I'm sorry, NOMINATIONS), teacher's comment, GL's comments and what his little league coach said about him in the 4th Grade.

1) Did you get a Golden Globe nomination when you were 19? I didn't think so.

2) Sarcasm doesn't suit you anymore than it suited Jen-X. It is also a lousy debate technique.

3) This is how I argue--I back up my opinions with supporting evidence. Other posters on these boards would do well to do the same. It's a basic debate strategy.

For the rest of the post--you didn't really respond to my post. Nowhere in my post did I indicate that I was against Celebrations or fan events, in which, yes, celebrities should expect to meet fans and give autographs. What I did say is that I believe that celebrities deserve better treatment than the bashers on these boards give them. There are several celebrities I don't like, but you don't see me going over to Community and making hate threads about them--or jumping on fan threads about them and bashing.

Final question for you: If we are all supposed to accept each other's opinions as equal, and none of us are supposed to try to prove our points, where exactly is this thread supposed to go?

Of course I was having fun in here when it was simply a praise-Hayden thread. :p

12. Punisher

Oct 20, 1998
    Okay, since many of us haven't produced, direct, or wrote any films... we should leave these boards IMMEDIATELY!!!

If you have produced, written, or directed any film you have a right to say a few things... if you have written, directed, or produced a film that is on the level of a SW film culturally, budgetwise, or technically.. this FORUM is YOURS!

By the way, no matter how "good" it looks, don't forget what an ass is used for... or what comes from it. ;)

13. Rebel Scumb

Feb 22, 1999
    LOL,

at least he excluded everyone from commenting and not just the 'bashers'

14. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    Ok I said this before we can all have any opinion here. Just don't pass your opinion off as fact. Because really no one here is right or wrong.

15. Punisher

Oct 20, 1998
    I'd love to comment, Anakin's Girl... but since I haven't written, directed, or written a film, ESPECIALLY anything SW level... I can't respond.

Read what I said and you will see what I was talking about... I can't say anymore... my presence here, since I don't fit the above criteria.. is a new bannable offense...

16. Palo_Bianco

Apr 6, 2002
    exactly anidanami124, don't listen to Rebel Scumb he is jsut mad because he didn't make star wars and he is not the son or father of George D Lucas, and can't get to make movies.

Stop critisizing like I said, if you have not made star wars you don't know its good or bad, so stop, no more judging. We don't know if it is good, we don't know if its bad, only George D Lucas does, it is art we cannot judge, we don't know about star wars as much as he did.

17. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    Punisher

You can give your opinion. But form what I saw. When soem oen asked you smoething. You never answerd the question or you started to bash what GL did or HC.

If your go to say why you did not like someones actign ok. But why did you not like it. Forget why other people don't liek it why don't YOU like it.

I don't care what joe smith of the New York times has to say about SW. Tell me why you don't like it. That's all I'm asking and many others are asking. you seem to take what others say and pass them off as why you don't like HC, GL, or the PT.

That is not good enough. Just give us your opinion. Just ours and back that opinion up with somethings. other then what other people say. What did you see.

Me I saw a every good movie with ever good acting. IMO.

So come on. What did you not like about AOTC what did you like about AOTC? Tell us.

18. Rebel Scumb

Feb 22, 1999
    Oh brother.

{rolls eyes}

19. anakin_girl

Oct 8, 2000
    What was that for, Rebel Scumb?

anidanami is right. We should each give our opinion, and be prepared to back it up with facts. There's nothing wrong with that. It's elementary debating procedure.

The following are not good debate techniques, and I've seen a lot of these used on these boards, and to a great extent:

1) Sarcasm. (Hayden-bashers, and Anakin-bashers on other threads, appear to have an affinity for this for some reason.)

2) Bashing the character or actor without substantial evidence to back up one's negative opinion.

3) Bashing the opinions of those who oppose you, without giving a counterpoint for their points, with evidence to back up your counterpoint.

20. Palo_Bianco

Apr 6, 2002
    He's just a sour puss, he's mad because he doens't think its cool to see darth Vader rolling in flowers or kissing girls because he's afraid of girls and boys and can't get kissed.

But we shouldn't use opinions, if we start doing that then there will be fighting and some people think star wars is good and others think it is bad, but both are wrong but we don't know, nobody knows what is good or bad.

21. Queen_Sara

Queen_Sara Jedi Master star 4

Jun 8, 2002
    Can we all just stop talking about Hayden's ass? It was meant as a joke for those whole find him attractive, but I can see it was not accepted that way. Learn how to take a joke. Eeeeh.

Punisher, no one ever told you you had to be experts to appreciate acting.
    I again agree with Tracy, sarcasm does not suit you guys.

Why focus on the bad things? Shouldn't we be looking at what's good? You can't enjoy a movie if you're always saying 'Oh, he sucks' 'Oh, she sucks'. Just look at what's good in the movie, and talk about that. If you can't find anything, then you don't like Star Wars. End of story.

Be nice and don't hurt me. Please don't take this all too literally, as some of you seem to have a problem with doing.

:) ~*^SARA^*~ :)

22. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    Yes but not ever oen does liek it. All I want to see is people give there opinion say to why they did not like it.

What did they think was wrong. I don't need to here about what the New York times had to say about it.

If I wanted to know what they thought I would pick up the New York times. So again What did people like about HC acting what did they not like?

Yes back some of what you say up with some facts. But do not back it up with what the media says. Because I don't care what they have to say.

23. Palo_Bianco

Apr 6, 2002
    But how can acting be bad? its art, art is good, so its good. Because they are trying, most people don't try, they are in a movie so they must be real actors and good.

24. anidanami124

Aug 24, 2002
    Because we all see things in a different way.

Some people think that the acting was bad. But they don't tell us why they don't like it.

"Wooden is not telling us why they did not like it."

Using what the media said is not give your opinion.

Saying he sucks or she sucks is not telling me why you don't like HC or NP or GL.

What don't you like. Give me some reason why you don't like there acting with what using suck, wooden, etc. We can do that. It is ever easy.

25. Punisher

Oct 20, 1998
    I'd love to comment... but since I haven't written, directed, or written a film, ESPECIALLY anything SW level... I can't respond.

Read what I said and you will see what I was talking about... I can't say anymore... my presence here, since I don't fit the above criteria.. is a new bannable offense...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.