main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Victoria. BC Two Towers First Impressions (Spoilers Most Likely)

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Alakin_Marshwalker, Dec 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alakin_Marshwalker

Alakin_Marshwalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 16, 2002
    Hello from the interior! I managed to see LOTR on opening night and was personally hugely impressed. It takes an awwful lot to manage the epic scope Tolkien had in mind when he wrote these books and Jackson does a more than admirable job. Everything from Gandalf's battle with the Balrog right at the beginning to the nightmare that was Helm's Deep. Despite being tired going in, I was never waiting for the movie to end and that is saying something for a close to 3 hour movie. So all in all, I highly reccomend this movie to one and all.

And on a closing note, Ents kick mucho butt!

2. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    I finally saw it yesterday with my brother and his family. What amazing battle scenes, and that's not saying enough!

I think my favourite action sequence, (other than Legolas mounting that galloping horse...WOW!) was the mounted charge down the ramp at Helm's Deep...the way they just mowed down those Orcs, that was incredible, and the cinematography of capturing that sequence from above was perfect.

On the not-so-gushing side, I'd have to say I would have liked to have seen more of Legolas, but that's only because I'm a pervy Elf fancier. :) There were also a lot of things I felt needed better explanation, too, but only because I haven't gotten through the entire series of books yet, and the movies have caught up with my Tolkein education. :)

It's definately one of those "you have to see it on the big screen, multiple times" kind of films.

- Rani

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.