Pittsburgh, PA Two Towers Line Party Discussion

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Fluke_Groundrunner, Oct 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saberpilot Jedi Master

star 4
    *eek*
    Didn't see that until now..
    Is everyone excited?
  2. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    The buffet opens at :)30 shouldn't we get there before then? I work until 5 tomorrow so if someone can call me during the day at 412-302-5939 or 724-773-0714 that would be great. I don't want ot get left out of anything planned last minute.
  3. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    I am going to be there before 9:30. If you remember for AotC there were already a bunch of people in line by the time we got there and it took awhile to hand out the wristbands and then many of the spots in the club were gone. Also, for those of you who don't have reserved seats you may want to take turns standing in the movie line while the buffet is going on so you can get good seats. Maybe two at a time in the line and whoever is standing there when the line goes in can save good seats. I also hear that there are still some regular tickets available for the buffet incase someone still wants to buy them.
  4. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Dan answer me this. I bought the $20 dollar ticket. Do I have to stand in line to get a ticket or do I just go in and I am assigned a row or something?
  5. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    I think that they let everyone (VIP and regular) up to the buffet in a first come forst serve order. You should get your ticket and a wristband when you enter the club and then have the choice to get into the movie line whenever you want. The regular seats are first-come first-serve so that's why you might want to rotate spots in line. Does that answer your question?
  6. Saberpilot Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, that's how they did it for AOTC..
    The buffet starts at 9:30? Hmm.. I thought it started at 10.. :( Okay.. I might be a bit late then, as Lynn & I are coming straight from our school concert. (my voice may be very hoarse by the time I get there.. ^_~)
    What they did for us for AOTC.. (since I did the buffet thing) was that they gave us wristbands and sort of 'confined' us to the upper half of the movie theatre where all the food was- about half an hour to an hour before the movie started, a line started to form, and people would 'hold' places for themselves and their buddies..
    Do you guys have any ideas? I'm plumb out of any.. :(
  7. jedimaster chris Force Ghost

star 2
    I saw The Two Towers last night and thought it was incredible! Enjoy the movie guys!
  8. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Please tell me I am not the only up that went last night? The movie was Awesome! This one alot funnier than Fellowship.
  9. greencat336 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Wow. That was such a GREAT film!!! Loved the openning sequence with Gandalf. One of the coolest movie visuals ever. And ENTS! Lots of Ents. Ents rule! And Gollum. His multiple personality disorder was fascinating. If only psycotropic meds were availiable in Middle Earth, think how differently things would have gone ;)

The only disappointment of the evening was no egg rolls. But great wings. and free coffee!

Movie wasn't half bad either, hee hee. Can't wait to take my semi-nephew to see it. (and see it again myself!)
  10. MetalliJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree the movie was awesome! The food was good too. I even got to see some old friends too great night overall!
  11. DarthDahc Jedi Master

star 3
    Jsut got back from the 6:30 show, oh my good golem is my favorite character! He is sooo awesome, plus like i don't want to give anythign away to those how haven't seen but the last like half hour
  12. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    The movie was great, just as I expected. Gollum was amazing. Not only did he look just like he should, but the voice actor did an exceptional job with the conflicting personalities. The battle scenes just ruled, although after Return iof the King is released I don't think there will be much more they can do on film in terms of epic battles.

I was a little disappointed that Loews decided to cheapen the buffet. For AotC they had two tables and normal sized plates, but last night they only had one table and small plates. They also didn't have the mini Santa Fe egg rolls that I planed on eating like popcorn during the movie. I don't feel as if I got anything near $12 worth of food.
  13. Jedigirl514 Jedi Master

star 3
    amazing, absolutly AMAZING! and Elijah?? SO HOT!*sighs* he is soooooo cute!!!!!!
  14. Saberpilot Jedi Master

star 4
    :)
    It was sooooo wonderful- I enjoyed it soo much..!!!
    I am now an ent-girl. ^_~ I love the ents more than ever.. :)
  15. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    When Merri and Pipin were riding the ents was the only thing I didn't like about this movie. The special effects were terrible.
  16. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    I just remembered that I got a free movie pass for TTT with the new Fellowship DVD. I was going to use it to watch the movie again, but it expired on December 31. How stupid!
  17. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    Same Fluke. I didn't realize it expired so quickly. I was going to use it yesterday. :(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.