main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Two Towers

Discussion in 'Archive: Tulsa, OK' started by Sentinel_Vash, Nov 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sentinel_Vash

Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    The Cinemark Tulsa (IMAX) is already per- selling Two Tower tickets. They do take the free movie pass in the SE Lord of the rings.

2. Shadoe42

Shadoe42 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2001
    This is the latest trend. 3 weeks before a movie comes out tickets are going on sale. I personally hate this trend but no real way to get around it. It does however go a long way to cool my normal practice of opening night veiwings. Theaters did this with Harry Potter.. guess the film industry is trying every way it can to get its money. However so far the practice has led to overselling theaters as the ticket tracking systems for online purchases tends to not be very good. Seen the AMC oversell many a theater this way.

3. pinata242

pinata242 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Man, I don't know if I can sit in those IMAX seats for 3+ hours... I mean, it's one thing if TTT was made for the screen, but a standard 35mm... hmmm... I think i'll try my luck elsewhere.

4. Sentinel_Vash

Sentinel_Vash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    its the reg theater that has them for sell not the IMAX. Just used that to make sure you all knew which theater I was talking about.

5. MysticTrunks01

MysticTrunks01 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 25, 2002
    I'm with you Ed, this 3 week presale thing is annoying, 2-3 days isn't to bad, but like you said, the sooner you can't get a refund the better.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.