main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TWO TOWERS

Discussion in 'Archive: Plymouth (SW England)' started by CGI-BOBAFENT, Dec 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    If it's allright with everyone else I'm starting a Two Towers thread - post away!

Oh and it's the best thing since AOTC!

Precioussssss....

2. Az-Azzameen

Az-Azzameen Jedi Knight star 5

May 24, 2002
    LMAO

LOTR owns Star Wars. Having seen the first 2 LOTR films, and all 5 SW films (thus far) I don't think theres a comparison. Although SW will remain more so in the popular consciousness because of its 'history' etc.

I think GL could defintely learn how to script romance from TTT... :D

3. CGI-BOBAFENT

Feb 5, 2002
    I think that the rings films are better made films but in terms of enjoyment Star Wars can't be beaten in my mind -but thats just my opinion

Oh and sorry to repeat what I said in the other thread but did anyone hear the stormtrooper scream in it ?

4. Az-Azzameen

May 24, 2002
    I may have said that a long time ago (in a galaxy far far away), but the Prequels have dimmed my enjoyment somewhat, and Mr Lucas himself, also. :p

5. CGI-BOBAFENT

Feb 5, 2002
    Just one question why the bloody hell were the Uruk Hai given cockney accents? The cinema was in stitches!-I couldn't take it seriously.

Other than that though I haven't got a complaint about it apart from mopey old Arwen.

6. Az-Azzameen

May 24, 2002
    If you've read the books, you'll note that the orcs of both Mordor and Isengard speak in 'prole' language... its the way Tolkien scripted it in the 40s. It was exactly how I'd imagined it.

Anakin and Padme is CRINGEWORTHY compared to the Eowyn/Aragorn/Arwen love triangle.

Jackson has taken some liberties with the book but, overall it is fabulous. I've not enjoyed a film so much since... I can't remember.

7. Ripper

Ripper Jedi Master star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    The Smeagol/Gollum conversation was the best bit of the film!!

"master is my friend!"
    "You havent got any friends!!"

"we's told him to go and he goed!!"

he was great :D

aahhhh nothing like a good scitzofrenic to help you through the day :)

8. Az-Azzameen

May 24, 2002
    nasty, filthy hobbitses... they stole it from us... the preciousssssss.. we should wring their filthy little necks... but the fat hobbit, he knows, he watches uss all the time... murder them, yesss, but no, too risky... she could do it... yessss yessss, let her do it, then when they be dead, we takes the preciousssss....

:D

9. CGI-BOBAFENT

Feb 5, 2002
    Nothing to do with the script it was just the look she had on her face the whole time she was on the screen.

Smeagol was perfect,highlight of the week for me-unless I count falling off the stage when collecting my A Level certificates!

10. Az-Azzameen

May 24, 2002
    Arwen's 'moping' may be to do with the fact that she is torn between the mortal man she loves and her father and her people... I think she has a perfectly valid reason for moping... although I'm sure Terrious would try and argue that she's being wooden and that Portman is a better actress. Deluded fool. :p

11. CGI-BOBAFENT

Feb 5, 2002
    Don't take my previous comments as a damning of the film because there was so much I loved about it.

12. Az-Azzameen

May 24, 2002
    Nah,course not. Its just taken the place of SW in my heart now... [face_love]

13. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    oh dear,az...
    and the 'stormtrooper scream' as you so quaintly put it is actually called a 'wilhelm scream'.it was discovered by sound god ben burtt from some obscure early film and has since been used in every star wars and indiana jones film.

14. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    and does this mean you won't be subscribing to the fanzine now,az?

15. Moylesy

Moylesy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2001
    Well, nearly there Jamie;

The series of screams was recorded back in the 50's for the movie "Distant Drums", it has been used ever more frequently since then (although Burtt is the champion putting it in nearly every movie he has been involved in). So far the scream can be heard in over 60 motion pictures.

16. Sebulba_Sloan

Sebulba_Sloan RSA Alumni star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 24, 2002
    God, Gandalf and the Balrog... tears to my eyes, so brilliant.

I worship the ground that film walks on- if it could walk on ground...

Which it sorta does metaphorically... ?[face_plain]

17. Siri_Kuimini

Siri_Kuimini Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2003
    re: the cockney orcs...yeah I couldn't take them seriously either. Then again, they could all have an acting career in eastenders. They were more attractive than the current cast.

18. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    CGI Ninja Gandalf, Cockney Orcs, Wet and Drippy leading men with husky voices, Camping, Over emoting, More camping, Homosexual longing looks and sub tones, MORE CAMPING, "Hilarious" comic relief Hobbits, BAD CG Armies hidden by darkness, EVEN MORE CAMPING, Extreme Elf Shield Surfing, Extreme Wizard Skydiving, Fat Elves, Elves turning up a book early, Faramir being Boromir mark 2, CAMPING.

Yes, I loved that film.

UKS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.