main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Two Worlds, One Movie (Web Documentary #1)

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by AdamBertocci, Feb 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Okay, maybe I'm a complete idiot, but I can't find a thread here for this. There's a Web documentary up at StarWars.com and ya don't need to be a Hyperspacin' sort of d00d to watch it.

Discuss.

My thoughts:
    - Very bad music choice for the intro! Why the happy music for Vader's mask? Geez.
    - So much for this "Lucas doesn't build sets, he only likes CGI" silliness people enjoy posting.
    - Enjoyed Lucas' joke about having to start on the script.
    - A Mon Calamari! (It's a trap!)
    - Enjoyed his joke about "Nick has to have something to do"
    - Man, I love seeing Anakin and Obi-Wan fight.
    - Wire work?... Wire work?
    - Neat JAK Productions sign.
    - "A lot of 'they fight'..." [face_laugh] Lucas is a funny guy.
    - Ewan doesn't seem to enjoy having to go gray.
    - Whoa. Weirdest Anakin concept ever. Mohawk? And who Photoshopped those arms?
    - Very effeminate hair concepts sometimes... weird.

The Rickmeister loves you!

2. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    So they finally released it to the general population? [face_mischief]

People here in the 3NSA should be weary though... it's a little spoilerific for some... not me of course ;) but even I was a tad surprised by some of it.

What really struck me was...

The Duel of course :cool:
    Mohawk concept Anakin! :eek: "Too much"... yes indeed
    "A little pretty"... hehe *snicker*
    Padme's apartment/balcony... my god during the days of the webcam that set was a HUGE mystery, and they just went and told us :p

All in all, it's still probably my favorite webdoc of the three.

3. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    Adam, do you have a link for it? I can't seem to stumble across it on the main page there. ?[face_plain]

edit: n/m, I found it in the swtoday link. :)

4. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
  5. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    I too liked the JAK sign.

RE: Anakin mohawk concept. I agree with GL on this issue. A bit too much.

I didn't think it was too spoilerish, and I an fairly conservative in that department.

6. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    Anyway to save it to Harddrive?

7. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    George calling Rick, The Rickmeister is real funny.

I did not see all of it because my computer was so slow and I had to watch parts of it three thousand times just to see the next part of it.

THe sets look cool. All those huge pillars and stuff.

Anyway it was good (the part I saw.)

8. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    maybe I'm a complete idiot,
    Who am I to disagree? :p
    *just got banned by newest aotc mod*

Adam did I ever say congrats on becoming a mod?
    *just remembers who the newest aotc mod is*

- Man, I love seeing Anakin and Obi-Wan fight.
    - Wire work?... Wire work?

This fight is gonna be off da hook, but I am worried when GL says that the set might not give them enough room. I don't want any limitations on The Duel.

- Ewan doesn't seem to enjoy having to go gray.
    Very Long two years indeed, compared to the next 20 in which Ben will age, and blame himself.

- Whoa. Weirdest Anakin concept ever. Mohawk? And who Photoshopped those arms?
    Obviously someone has been watching to much Mad Max :D

The Rickmeister loves you!
    Is there change in the manual sig of Adam?

9. Padlei

Padlei Jedi Master star 4

Mar 5, 2003
    No, you're not Adam! I stumbled onto it as well just yesterday.
    What were they thinking with that hairdo?? Poor Hayden looked terrified!
    And that drawing/picture thing! [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I loved the details with the tatoos on the arm...
    Thank God he didn't end up like this!

Loved the clapping when GL came in with the first draft. "Lots of they fight!" He really is cool about it in fact...
    I did not find it too spoilerish. But maybe that's because I looked away everytime there were lightsabers involved! 8-}

10. Darth_Goofy

Darth_Goofy Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2001
    Guuh...so pretty! I loved it. It's great that us non-Hyperspace people are finally starting to get stuff. The set of Padme's veranda is gorgeous. Can't wait to see how that's used.

The fight, of course, looked amazing. Wire work does make me a little nervous, but GL said he doesn't want it to look like it's there, so I'm more at ease about it. Plus, it could be used just how it was used in AOTC, where it was only used when Anakin got blasted by the force lightning, if I recall.

The Mohawk Anakin look was...interesting. 8-} Actually, I didn't think it looked too terrible, but it wouldn't have made sense in the context of the story. When, in his two years of fighting in the war and keeping his marriage secret, would Anakin have had time to shave his head into a mohawk? I like the look that they have now. It's pretty, but not metrosexual pretty. ;)

11. classixboy

classixboy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    AdamBertocci: Whoa. Weirdest Anakin concept ever. Mohawk? And who Photoshopped those arms?

Yeah, I think I saw that "Anakin" in a gay bar once. I didn't know whether to laugh or be turned on.

PLUS -- check out the concept paintings on the wall in the bit where George finall delivers the script. I think they're designs for the "volcano" planet.

12. darthyorktown

darthyorktown Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2004
    It's cool!

13. Ice Jedi

Ice Jedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 3, 2000
    so, the lightsaber battle is going to be amazing! i was sucked in just watching the footage that was on there. And as far as Haden eating 6 times a day thats just nuts.

Anyone else think it was funny when Lucas goes "i should probably start on that script."

--Ice Jedi--

14. Panesar

Panesar Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2004
    Excellent. I was going to save it :) but I thought it was going to be on the OS archives.
    **Damn the lightsbare duel is good even though it was 3 seconds long and not even Obi-Wan Kenobi fighting. If you havent watched it, what are you waiting for? (56k-ers may lag).
    I think quite the contrary to the first post. I think the music intro was great, reminds us of A New Hope...get it? A New Hope...Episode 3 being Dark...**Smacking head with nearby newspaper...lame.
    Any ways, thoughts and opinions, keep this going for the next documentary!
    Hip Hip Horay, Hip Hip Horay, Hip Hip Horay!

15. Ghost_Jedi

Ghost_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 27, 2003
    Whoa. Weirdest Anakin concept ever. Mohawk? And who Photoshopped those arms?

Anakin (as travis bickle): You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? You talkin' to me? Then who the hell else are you talkin' to? You talkin' to me? Well I'm the only one here. Who do you think you're talking to? Oh yeah? Huh? Ok.

16. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but the second web documentary is up at the official site now. It's called One World, Two Movies. Very interesting.

17. Darth_Goofy

Darth_Goofy Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2001
    Hot damn, every time I see the fight it just gets prettier and prettier. Same goes with the sets. They're so awesome. It's nice to know that although the background might be bluescreen, the actors at least have something to act off of. Not a bad webdoc. :)

18. MyEternalRest

MyEternalRest Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 24, 2002
    I thought that Anakin looked like a Road Warrior with that mohawk. [face_laugh]

19. katha

katha Jedi Grand Master star 2

Jan 30, 2002
    I was rewatching this webdoc today and noticed that the Jedi Anakin is fighting against is not Obi-Wan.. nor does it look like a stand in.

Could this possibly be a fight with one of the first Jedi Anakin kills.. before he becomes Vader?

Thoughts anyone?

20. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    first art concept for anakin (mohawk), he looked like a punk, and the second one with long hair, he looked like a girl.

~aeryn

21. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    Oh man, I finally decided to have a look at one of the web documentary's (#2) and the small clip of Ewan and Hayden practicing the duel put the biggest smile on my face, it looks so awesome! Its gonna be amazing :D I think I'll not watch any other web docs, try to avoid as much info as possible, but that one I did watch has pumped me up even more for the film :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.