main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Two's Company, Three's a Crowd, and Four's Just Confusing (Back from the dead)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by emeraldshadow, Nov 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G__Anakin

G__Anakin Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2006
    Can you put me on the PM list please

2. emeraldshadow

emeraldshadow Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 7, 2005
    Fear not, dear Yoda_I_Am an update is on its way. It's just awaiting the J_O_E seal of approval.

3. emeraldshadow

Oct 7, 2005
    Notes: If you asked to be on the PM list and I forgot to send you a PM, please let me know. I don't want anyone to feel neglected or miss posts.

Chapter Twenty-Nine: Jag

People say that Jaina and I have trust issues. They?re wrong. I trust Jaina as much as I trust any other human being. Maybe that?s the problem.

However you choose to look at it, I had no moral qualms about eavesdropping when I heard a voice coming from the living room-especially since the voice I heard was Tahiri?s.

?Jag??

At first I thought it was the worst case scenario -Tahiri at the door of the apartment, standing face to face with Jaina- but as the voice continued I deduced it was a recording.

I set the pan I had just gotten out of the cupboard down quietly on the stove and focused my senses and attention towards the living room.

?Listen, Jag, I can?t do this. I can?t meet you tomorrow. I?m sorry.?

Besides a slight case of wounded pride, that statement wouldn?t have affected me that much if I hadn?t known that Jaina was listening to Tahiri?s words just as I was. Common sense decreed that, since she was the only other person in the apartment, she was the one who was playing the message back. I tried to concoct a convincing excuse to feed Jaina and came up with nothing.

Tahiri continued, ?I was going to, but I just talked to?a friend and he helped me realize how stupid that would be.?

Now that was intriguing. I wondered who Tahiri?s mysterious friend could be. I would have to thank them one day for the part they had played in further complicating my life.

?I couldn?t do that to Zekk and I can?t do that to myself. I can?t? Zekk?s here now to pick me up and I can?t talk. Don?t call me back, ever. I think it?s best that it end here because?never mind. I?m sorry, so sorry.?

I positioned myself near the doorway between the kitchen and the living room making sure that Jaina couldn?t see me but I could see her and study her reaction to the comm message.

She just sat there for a moment vacillating between despondent and angry, then she punched a code into the comm and raised it to her ear.

?Zekk??

I failed to be surprised.

Jaina started to go through the motions of tearfully recounting the twisted tale, but stopped suddenly. ?You do?? she squawked, followed a second later by: ?She told you what happened??

Apparently Zekk had already heard the punch line. I could have told Jaina that. Tahiri wasn?t like Jaina or I; Tahiri was the kind of person who actually believed in healing through confession and forgiveness. That kind of naivety was refreshing.

?I wouldn?t know anything about that,? Jaina sniffed in response to something Zekk said.

Of course she wouldn?t. Jaina wasn?t like Zekk and Tahiri; Jaina saw forgiveness and truth as abstract ideals. Jaina was more like her brother than she realized, and maybe, just maybe she was the perfect match for me after all. I sighed.

?Don?t lecture me, Zekk.?

?Go ahead Zekk, lecture her,? I thought. ?She needs a good talking to. As do I.?

?It doesn?t matter.? Jaina?s voice was growing thick, a sure sign that ?it?, whatever ?it? was, did matter. ?Jag didn?t confess to me and he sure wasn?t the one who called off the affair. He was planning on leaving me for Tahiri and he wasn?t going to say a word.?

She was right. I felt truly guilty for the first time.

?I know what you?re thinking,? Jaina pouted into the phone. ?I would have told Jag if anything had happened between us at the hangar.?

I had known it all along, but I took no joy from being proven right. Suddenly, I grew very tired.

?You forgave Tahiri. Why won?t you forgive me?? Jaina cried into the comm.

I stepped into the doorway, tipping my hand and revealing my location. ?Because Tahiri was sincere.?

Jaina met my eyes. She looked as tired as I did. ?How long have you been standing there??

?Long enough,? I replied. ? It doesn?t matter anyway. The point is that, in the end, they don?t really love us and they can?t forgive us for our?minor quirks.? The words hur

4. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    a great post as always!

And when they were talking elopment, I thought we had an answer...and then you drag it out from under us....

Great job!!!

5. Cleg4359

Cleg4359 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2006

Yay, it's back! What a great update Emerald. So, Jaina said no? Can't say I'm that surprised though. Atleast those two realize their faults and mistakes now it seems. That's a step in the right direction. Once again, great update and I can't wait to see what happens next.

6. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    Great Chapter thanks for the PM

7. Yoda-i_am

Yoda-i_am Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 10, 2006
    Been too long..... Had to read it all again..... sleepy so sleepy..... Thankzzzzz for the pm and please update soon..... Good night all

I-) I-) I-)

8. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I shoulnd't do this but *snicker* Serves you right Jag! I love how he accuses Jaina of neeing to find out what love is - and then she throws it back in his face.

Why... do I not believe it's really over between them? I man, to have had something and lost it (ie: the J/Z thing at the beginning) has already proven that Jaina will want him back the moment some other woman shows an interests.

They'll never learn *snicker* Another good - but serious, despite my reaction ;) - update!

9. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    Glad to see another post up! :)

I'm glad you had Jaina say no to the proposal because it seems like neither one of them knows what they want.

I wonder what's going to happen now with the two of them.

Can't wait to see :D

10. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    but they deserve each other so much

great job

11. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    They are really messed up. They should have counseling. Or have an all group meeting where they have it all in the open. Let's see if I have this straight. Jag doesn't know if he wants Jaina or Tahiri (ditto for Zekk) and Jaina doesn't know if she wants Jag or Zekk (ditto for Tahiri). So in other words, no one knows what they want!

12. emeraldshadow

Oct 7, 2005
    Kidan: a great post as always!

Well, I was going to shake it up and write a bad post, but then I thought, ?Nah, I?ll stick with the good posts.? :p

And when they were talking elopment, I thought we had an answer...and then you drag it out from under us.?

I have a way of doing that you know.

Great job!!!

Thank you.:D

Cleg: Yay, it's back!

This story always comes back, it?s like some kind of disease.:p

What a great update Emerald.

Thank you.

So, Jaina said no? Can't say I'm that surprised though.

*shrugs* I can?t win them all, not everyone is going to be surprised by everything I do.

Atleast those two realize their faults and mistakes now it seems. That's a step in the right direction.

They?re making progress.

G_Anakin: Thank you and you?re welcome.

Yoda-i_am: You poor thing. Go get some rest. Thanks for reviewing.

Jade_Max: I shoulnd't do this but *snicker* Serves you right Jag!

There?s nothing wrong with declaring your feelings. Snicker at Jag all you like.:p

I love how he accuses Jaina of neeing to find out what love is - and then she throws it back in his face.

I was worried about this chapter being too serious. I?m glad you still found humor in it.

Why... do I not believe it's really over between them?

You?ve spotted the trend? ;)

They'll never learn *snicker*

Yep, you?ve spotted the trend.;)

Another good - but serious, despite my reaction - update!

Thanks.

SWPants: I'm glad you had Jaina say no to the proposal because it seems like neither one of them knows what they want.

Silly, indecisive fictional characters.

I wonder what's going to happen now with the two of them.

Didn?t you hear mage hound a few posts ago? They get Ewoks. :p

Can't wait to see

I?ll update soon.

frankieskywalker:but they deserve each other so much

Don't give up hope yet.

great job

Thanks.

Handmaiden_Azul: They are really messed up. They should have counseling. Or have an all group meeting where they have it all in the open.

In my profile there is a link to a companion piece where that very thing happens. It's called One Confused, Innocent Bystander.

Let's see if I have this straight. Jag doesn't know if he wants Jaina or Tahiri (ditto for Zekk) and Jaina doesn't know if she wants Jag or Zekk (ditto for Tahiri). So in other words, no one knows what they want!

Yep. You've got the general gist of things.;)

13. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Let's see if I have this straight. Jag doesn't know if he wants Jaina or Tahiri (ditto for Zekk) and Jaina doesn't know if she wants Jag or Zekk (ditto for Tahiri). So in other words, no one knows what they want!

Yep. You've got the general gist of things.

and to add to that... they all assume that what the other has is better. If Tahiri has Zekk, Jaina sees Zekk as the better option... and so on and so forth.

Another great post! Looking forward to more!

jcs

14. emeraldshadow

Oct 7, 2005
    Thanks for reviewing JCS. I?ll be sure to update soon. I let my drabbles take up most of my time this week. I won?t let that happen again.

15. emeraldshadow

Oct 7, 2005
    Notes: I?m beyond apologizing for the length of time between updates, although, I still am sorry for how long I make you all wait.

Chapter Thirty: Zekk

People say that I have trust issues. I say, ?What reason have I been given to trust anyone??

Of course that question could be turned around. What reason has anyone been given to trust me?

I shifted in my seat and Tahiri--who had fallen asleep on my shoulder--started awake. ?Are we on Mon Cal yet??

I shook my head. ?No, we?ve got a couple hours to go yet. You might as well go back to sleep.?

?Mmkay,? Tahiri said blearily, nuzzling her head against my neck and settling back down into a comfortable sleeping position.

We were aboard a passenger liner on route to Mon Calamari. We had made it. I should have felt relieved, but I didn?t. One question still played over and over in my mind.

?You forgave Tahiri. Why won?t you forgive me??

I couldn?t just enjoy the moment. I had to dwell on the past. I am such an idiot.

?You forgave Tahiri. Why won?t you forgive me??

All the answers I could have given to that question, all the answers I would have given if I had been granted the opportunity, ran through my head and I checked the truth of each one. I lied to myself every time. I didn?t know why I couldn?t forgive Jaina just like I didn?t know why I couldn?t hate her for the way she continued to treat me.

I forgave Tahiri because I loved her, but what if I hadn?t forgiven Jaina because I loved her? We always feel the most betrayed by the people we care the most about and deep betrayals are always the hardest to forgive. I told my theory to Jacen and he told me I was overanalyzing the situation. I knew he was right, but I couldn?t help myself. I continued to overanalyze for another hour or so before my reverie was interrupted.

?Love you,? Tahiri murmured half-coherently.

I couldn?t tell if she was addressing me or some dream, but I answered anyway, ?I love you too.?

?Sorry,? she mumbled, ?Love you.?

?What?? I asked, trying to find a way to look at her without moving my head and disturbing her sleep. My eyeballs felt like they were going to pop out of their sockets at any moment.

?Jacen shouldn?t have told. You?re hurt. Sorry. Love you.?

?It?s...it?s alright. I forgive you,? I said. It made a world of difference saying it out loud.

?Glad. Don?t want to lose you. Ever. Love you. ? She gripped the front of my tunic with one of her hands and I wondered idly if she would remember anything from this conversation when she woke up. I stroked her hair.

?I don?t want to lose you ever either,? I murmured. Tahiri breathing became slower and deeper and I had a suspicion that she was settling down into a deep sleep. I decided to test it. ?Tahiri, will you marry me??

?Course,? she yawned. Then she started to snore softly.

?Glad to hear it.?

Silence reigned and my mind began to wander again. Snatches of the conversation I had overheard between Jag and Jaina through the comlink floated to the forefront of my mind. I had heard Jag propose to Jaina right before I had lost the connection, but I couldn?t bring myself to think of his proposal as any more serious than my recent proposal to Tahiri.

I still couldn?t see what Jaina saw in him or, for that matter, what Tahiri saw in him. It was ridiculous?almost as ridiculous as me continue to think about Jaina and Jag when Tahiri was sitting right next to me. When was I ever going to learn to put the past behind me and focus on the future?

I craned my neck and strained my eyeballs trying to look down at Tahiri again. What I could see of the future looked pretty good--maybe even better than the best of the past. I needed to stop thinking about how Jaina had let me down time and time again and think about how her actions had pushed me to the place where I had learned to lean on Tahiri and discover what a wonderful woman she was. Everything that had happened to me had led to this moment--which made this moment seem pretty momentous.

I nudged Tahiri a

16. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003
    [face_thinking] so is this really going to happen this time? or is it another ruse to make us think we've got things figured out.....

I already told you, dummy, of course.
    and why is she using her nickname for Anakin in reference to Valin????

Great post as always!!

More soon please!

17. Cleg4359

Cleg4359 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2006

So, they plan on getting married. The question is, do they go through with it? I wonder how Jaina is going to take that news. Probably not well. Another good update Emerald!

18. Handmaiden_Azul

Handmaiden_Azul Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2005
    Hmm, the circle continues![face_thinking] Tahiri and Zekk are never going to make it to the chapel.[face_shame_on_you]

19. Yoda-i_am

Yoda-i_am Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 10, 2006
    ok didnt have to stay up all night to read it again buuuttttt to long between updates and I hope that we dont have to wait so long for the next one please

20. G__Anakin

Apr 2, 2006
    This story is so sad:_| ( cry voice)

(Burst out laughing) Because they are all so pathetic[face_laugh]

Great chapter thanks for the PM

21. SWpants

SWpants Force Ghost star 5

Oct 28, 2004
    hahaha, I love that she was awake during that whole conversation :) It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside :D

I know what you're going to do though. You're going to turn everything around on us and we're not going to like what's going on. huh? aren't you!! :mad:

22. Jenth_Zere

Jenth_Zere Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    Awww! That was a cute chapter. Will they go through with it? The suspense is killing me!
    Excellent job, as always.

23. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    they need to go threw with it please the suspence is killer

24. emeraldshadow

Oct 7, 2005
    Kidan: so is this really going to happen this time? or is it another ruse to make us think we've got things figured out..?

You tell me.

and why is she using her nickname for Anakin in reference to Valin????

[face_laugh] You never give up, do you?

Great post as always!!

Thank you.

More soon please!

:rolleyes: Yeah, that?s going to happen. :p;)

Cleg: So, they plan on getting married. The question is, do they go through with it?

That does indeed seem to be the question.

I wonder how Jaina is going to take that news.

[face_whistling]

Probably not well.

Probably not.

Another good update Emerald!

Thank you.

Handmaiden_Azul: Tahiri and Zekk are never going to make it to the chapel.

I?m like the Big Brother house. My catchphrase is: Do Not Assume. :p

Yoda-i_am: I?ll try not to take as long between updates this time.

G__Anakin: This story is so sad ( cry voice)

(Burst out laughing) Because they are all so pathetic

Hmmm, I?m making my readers bipolar. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?:p

Great chapter thanks for the PM

No problem. Thanks for the review.

SWPants: hahaha, I love that she was awake during that whole conversation It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside

I?m happy to provide your warm, fuzzy moment of the day.

I know what you're going to do though. You're going to turn everything around on us and we're not going to like what's going on. huh? aren't you!!

O:) No comment.

J_Z: Awww! That was a cute chapter. Will they go through with it? The suspense is killing me!

Good. That?s how I keep people coming back.;)

Excellent job, as always.

Thank you.:D

Frankieskywalker: Do not despair. I won?t leave you in suspense for long.

25. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    The end of the chapter was very sweet. *looks around nervously* okay when's it gonna get messy again. These lulls seem to only come right before everything gets crazy again.

Someone is going to mess everything up... probably Jaina, she's probably going to run after Zekk again.

looking forward to the next part!

jcs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.