Beyond Two's Company, Three's a Crowd, and Four's Just Confusing (Back from the dead)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by emeraldshadow, Nov 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. SWpants Force Ghost

star 4
    That was so hilarious. Very great.

?You?d really dress in drag and come be my maid of honor??

bad images. Very bad images

?Your marriage license. It?s just like a liquor license only it usually has little hearts on it instead of a picture of a bottle of Tarisian Ale.?

[face_laugh]
  2. jedi_of_ennth Force Ghost

star 4
    ?You?d really dress in drag and come be my maid of honor??
    ?I?m not saying I?d enjoy it. I?m just saying that I?d be willing to if you need me to.?

[face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh] Now that's something I have to see!

?Your marriage license. It?s just like a liquor license only it usually has little hearts on it instead of a picture of a bottle of Tarisian Ale.?

[face_laugh]

?Good. Now put Zekk on the line.?
    ?No, I?m not done talking yet.?
    ?Well, it was worth a try.?

[face_laugh] Tahiri and Jacen were hilarious. Great update, as usual! :D
  3. emeraldshadow Jedi Knight

star 3
    Kidan: brilliant! as always.

Thank you.

more soon?

Probably.

Emerald_Lady: You worked in the crystal snake!

It?s been on my to do list for a while.

I love obscure YJK references.

What about obscure references to 50?s (at least I think it came out in the 50?s) musical films? Not that I really expected anyone to guess where I lifted the marriage license/liquor license line from.

Especially when they're also laugh-out-loud funny.

Thank you.

This was my favorite line. Plus it reminds me of Zekk's snarky comment in Bloodlines: "Now, Jaina, we have a guest star." Or something like that.

I forgot about that line. That?s probably what subconsciously gave me the idea.

I'm with you; I don't even care that this doesn't have much plot, because it's just so darn funny.

Thanks for the confirmation.

And once again, I love your Jacen. And this story.

Once again, thank you.

J_O_E: Now that's something I have to see!

Maybe next story. Lucille has to have a maid of honor too. ;)

Tahiri and Jacen were hilarious. Great update, as usual!

Thank you.
  4. padawanlissa Jedi Master

star 4
    So funny! It's been to long since I read this. I had about four chapters to read.
  5. emeraldshadow Jedi Knight

star 3
    So funny!

Thank you

It's been to long since I read this.

I didn't think I had seen you in a while.

I had about four chapters to read.

That's okay. I always give my readers plenty of time to catch up.;)
  6. Mystralgurl Jedi Master

star 4
    *grin*

you gotta love this story. luved the conversation between Tahiri and Jacen!

[face_laugh]
  7. emeraldshadow Jedi Knight

star 3
    you gotta love this story.

That's what I hear. I have a sort of love/hate relationship with it myself.

luved the conversation between Tahiri and Jacen!

Thank you. I like writing Jacen.
  8. skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master

star 4
    Marie, I love this. It is great. Keep going Marie.
  9. emeraldshadow Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm glad you're still enjoying it Roxie.
  10. emeraldshadow Jedi Knight

star 3
    Don?t ask me. I?m just the author. Jaina and Jag crawled in my ears and demanded I give them free reign. After an embarrassingly short battle, I agreed. We?re in for an interesting couple of chapters.

Chapter Thirty-Six: Jaina

?Please don?t misinterpret me when I tell you that you?re insane.?

?Oh, I won?t. I promise I?ll take it at face value,? I said with a cheery bravado I didn?t feel.

?Good. You?re insane.?

I crossed over to my dresser, opened the top drawer, and emptied its contents into a suitcase. I laughed lightly. ?I?d have to be, wouldn?t I? I?m carrying on a conversation with myself?out loud.?

?That?s beside the point. You?re insane because of what you?re doing.?

?I haven?t done anything yet,? I argued petulantly. ?You?I can still talk myself out of it if I?you can come up with a good reason for me not to do it.?

?One reason? They are hundreds of reasons. What about your promise to let them be happy??

?I?m still going to keep my promise. I?m a changed woman. Of course, to complete my transformation I need closure. To get closure, I need to see Zekk. To see Zekk, I need to??

?Break your promise??

?I?m not going to interfere. I?ll stand at the back of the church or whatever, quietly watch the ceremony, see how happy he is, and then leave,? I tried to convince myself.

I was not convinced. That didn?t say much of my persuasive ability. When you can?t even fool yourself any more, you?ve obviously lost your touch. I turned to face my reflection in the mirror, eyes downcast. ?I can?t let him be happy if I?m not happy.? I confessed to the air. It was cathartic admitting it out loud. I continued. ?It?s not a need for closure. It?s not because I don?t think this is what he wants. He?s given me all the closure I need; he told me that he would choose, that he chose Tahiri over me. I just can?t let it go. It?s not because I love him-- although, if I ever, at one point in my life loved someone, it was him. It?s because I?m selfish. My main motivation for ruining Zekk?s happiness is to make myself feel better.?

I raised my gaze and looked the most despicable person in the galaxy straight in the eye. ?Unfortunately,? I said carefully, noting how a hollow shadow of a smile crossed my reflection?s face as I spoke. ?That?s not a good enough reason to stop me.?

?Good afternoon, ma?am. How may I help you??

I raised a shocked hand to the line at the corner of my eye.

[Ma?am?

I brushed it off. I had more important things to worry about. ?Yes.? I flashed the hotel clerk a dazzling Solo smile designed to set me apart from the detestable grouping of ?ma?am.? ?I need a room for a couple nights, a suite if possible.?

?I?ll see what I can do, ma?am, but there?s a large group coming in this weekend that has booked most of our available rooms.?

?Oh,? I said, put out by more than the clerk?s continued use of the word ?ma?am.?

?I?m very sorry.?

A sudden thought crossed my mind. ?Is it an open booking??

The clerk gave me a quizzical look.

?Reserved for guests of the Veila/Ennth wedding, perhaps??

?Well, yes,? the clerk said somewhat reluctantly.

?Problem solved!? I declared and hoped it was true. ?I?m here for the wedding. I just decided to come out a day early, get a head start on the group. I hope that that?s not a problem.?

?Well, not generally, but I would have to confirm the veracity of your claim to be on the guest list.?

?I wanted my arrival to be surprise for the bride and groom.? The truth if I ever told it. ?Can?t you find some way to keep my check-in between us? I promise I?m not a wedding crasher,? I wheedled, turning the heat up on my smile and throwing in a flirtatious wink for good measure.

The clerk cleared his throat, dropping all attempt at polite pretense. ?No, I?m afraid that would be impossible, even ignoring the warning about you, Ms. Solo.?

My smile faltered. ?Warning??

?A Mr. Jacen Solo, the best man and one of the chief coordinators of the Veila/Ennth wedding, called the desk and told us that if his sister
  11. jedi_of_ennth Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_laugh] =D= [face_laugh]

That was priceless!

The clerk cleared his throat, dropping all attempt at polite pretense. ?No, I?m afraid that would be impossible, even ignoring the warning about you, Ms. Solo.?
    My smile faltered. ?Warning??
    ?A Mr. Jacen Solo, the best man and one of the chief coordinators of the Veila/Ennth wedding, called the desk and told us that if his sister were to show up requesting admittance to either this hotel or the wedding ceremony we were to ?Put our hold out blasters to good use a shoot her were she stands.??

[face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

I felt sick?and intrigued. ?Would you really feel comfortable assisting someone you were, until very recently, in a serious relationship with, someone you considered marrying, break up a wedding and seduce the groom??
    ? Would you??
    I searched my emotions, and found I didn?t have many on the subject. ?Yes.?
    Jag was less surprised than I was. I guess I always had been able to cut off my feelings when they got to be too much. It was survival instinct. ?Partners?? he asked.
    ?Partners.?

[face_laugh] Oh, these poor, desperate creatures! I love them.
  12. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    I can only guess those two LIKE digging deep holes for themselves...

though I wonder just what sort of retribution is going to be in place for them...

A great post as always Marie, more to come soon I hope!
  13. SWpants Force Ghost

star 4
    Don?t ask me. I?m just the author. Jaina and Jag crawled in my ears and demanded I give them free reign. After an embarrassingly short battle, I agreed. We?re in for an interesting couple of chapters.

[face_laugh] Awwww [:D]

My main motivation for ruining Zekk?s happiness is to make myself feel better.?

Ouch. Very harsh of her

?A Mr. Jacen Solo, the best man and one of the chief coordinators of the Veila/Ennth wedding, called the desk and told us that if his sister were to show up requesting admittance to either this hotel or the wedding ceremony we were to ?Put our hold out blasters to good use a shoot her were she stands.??

[face_laugh] HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Smart man, that Jacen Solo ;)
    Oh that's too funny

The clerk quickly returned to professionalism. ?That?s where my interest ends. I like my job. Good day, Ms. Solo.?

:) good for him

?Would you really feel comfortable assisting someone you were, until very recently, in a serious relationship with, someone you considered marrying, break up a wedding and seduce the groom??

? Would you??

Oh my goodness. you're right- this is going to get VERY interesting
  14. Lola64 Force Ghost

star 4
    The desk clerk should have shot her when he had the chance. Why didn't he listen to Jacen? *shakes head in disbelief*

Normally I would be annoyed if Jag and Jaina tried anything at this wedding. But now, because Tahiri invited Jag to begin with, she asked for it. And I'm going to sit back and laugh as she loses everything good because she doesn't know when to quit, because none of them know when to.

I just feel sorry for Zekk, because he did make his choice. Hopefully when he finds out about Jag's invitation he'll tell off Tahiri. And hopefully he won't run straight into Jaina's arms because technically this is all her fault from back when they were engaged.
  15. emeraldshadow Jedi Knight

star 3
    joe: That was priceless!

Thank you.

Oh, these poor, desperate creatures! I love them.

It's like watching a train wreck.

Kidan: I can only guess those two LIKE digging deep holes for themselves...

It would appear that way.

though I wonder just what sort of retribution is going to be in place for them...

Justice Taxidermy Zekk style.:cool:

A great post as always Marie

Thanks.

Pants: HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Smart man, that Jacen Solo
    Oh that's too funny

Just be glad I like using Jacen for good and not evil.

Oh my goodness. you're right- this is going to get VERY interesting

I hope so.

Lola: The desk clerk should have shot her when he had the chance. Why didn't he listen to Jacen? *shakes head in disbelief*

I never thought I'd see the day when I'd hear people complaining because people didn't/i] listen to Jacen.:p

I just feel sorry for Zekk, because he did make his choice. Hopefully when he finds out about Jag's invitation he'll tell off Tahiri. And hopefully he won't run straight into Jaina's arms

[face_whistling]

because technically this is all her fault from back when they were engaged.

Exactly.
  16. Emerald_Lady Jedi Knight

star 3
    My main motivation for ruining Zekk?s happiness is to make myself feel better.?

I raised my gaze and looked the most despicable person in the galaxy straight in the eye. ?Unfortunately,? I said carefully, noting how a hollow shadow of a smile crossed my reflection?s face as I spoke. ?That?s not a good enough reason to stop me.?

You capture Jaina's character so well. She knows what she's doing, but she's going to do it anyway. It is like watching a train wreck.

I flashed the hotel clerk a dazzling Solo smile designed to set me apart from the detestable grouping of ?ma?am.?

lol I love her horror at being thought old enough for the title of "ma'am."

[face_laugh] He knows his sister. ;)

Your story is better than any holosoap.?

So I had sunk to this. ?Let me up to see Jedi Ennth and I promise you a show worth watching.?

Fabulous! Even the characters inside the story think Jaina's love life is a soap opera.

That was when I notice the person I least wanted to see at that moment standing in the middle of the hotel lobby. These coincidences weren?t even funny any more.

I beg to differ. [face_devil]

?Would you really feel comfortable assisting someone you were, until very recently, in a serious relationship with, someone you considered marrying, break up a wedding and seduce the groom??

? Would you??

This is so perfect! Pathetic, yet inevitable. I really like your Jag, too.

This so improved my day. I don't know how you manage to make your stuff so consistently hilarious, but boy, are you good at it. :D
  17. emeraldshadow Jedi Knight

star 3
    You capture Jaina's character so well. She knows what she's doing, but she's going to do it anyway. It is like watching a train wreck.

Classic Solo attitude.

lol I love her horror at being thought old enough for the title of "ma'am."

Her fear about growing older is what started this whole thing, remember?

Fabulous! Even the characters inside the story think Jaina's love life is a soap opera.

How could they not?

I beg to differ.

Glad to hear it.

This is so perfect! Pathetic, yet inevitable. I really like your Jag, too.

Speaking of inevitable, I finally wrote the end to this. I had already written an epilogue, but this is the end. Barring any unforeseen subplot bunnies, we?re going out on Chapter 55. <-Yeah, I decided we still have a while yet, but at least I have an end date set.

This so improved my day. I don't know how you manage to make your stuff so consistently hilarious, but boy, are you good at it.

Thank you. :)
  18. Mystralgurl Jedi Master

star 4
    *shakes head*

Jaina, Jaina, Jaina... don't you know anything about how to get and keep a man?

Oh well. It makes for funny reading. :D
  19. Emerald_Lady Jedi Knight

star 3
  20. PHGS_Weyr Jedi Master

star 4
    This is the funniest thing i have ever read, please tell me there will be an update soon? and can i be added to the PM list?

I think you should have Alema Rar come to the wedding!

I love this it is so amazing!

PHGS Weyr
  21. Jaina_Solo_Goddess Jedi Knight

star 2
    First off, I agree with the person above me. This is an amazing and hilarious story! Could you PM me the epilogue/ending please? Assuming you're still on of course...And even though Jaina is pretty much my favorite character, I still found it endlessly amusing how pathetic she (and Tahiri, Jag, and Zekk) was.
    Thanks!

~Jaina
  22. Emerald_Lady Jedi Knight

star 3
    I was just thinking about this story and its hilariousness the other day, so thus, I shall up it. :D Also, next time there's an update, could I have a PM? [face_batting]
  23. emeraldshadow Jedi Knight

star 3
    *slinks in quietly* Maybe nobody noticed I was gone.[face_whistling]

Mystralgurl:*shakes head*

Jaina, Jaina, Jaina... don't you know anything about how to get and keep a man?

Apparently not.

Oh well. It makes for funny reading.

Thank you.

PHGS Weyr: This is the funniest thing i have ever read,

Thank you.[face_blush]

please tell me there will be an update soon? and can i be added to the PM list?

I'm going to say yes to both, but don't hold me to that.

I think you should have Alema Rar come to the wedding!

1.Whose wedding?[face_batting]:p

2.You can count on it.

I love this it is so amazing!

Thank you again.

Jaina_Solo_Goddess:First off, I agree with the person above me. This is an amazing and hilarious story!

Thank you.

Could you PM me the epilogue/ending please?

No, I've changed it from the one I showed people before, and nobody is seeing the new one. I will send you a PM when I update though. If you want me to that is.

And even though Jaina is pretty much my favorite character, I still found it endlessly amusing how pathetic she (and Tahiri, Jag, and Zekk) was.

You're not alone on that count.

Emerald_Lady:I was just thinking about this story and its hilariousness the other day, so thus, I shall up it.

You're such a loyal fan, I don't deserve you.

Also, next time there's an update, could I have a PM?

Of course.

24. Kidan TFN EU Staff

VIP
    star 5
    *slinks in quietly* Maybe nobody noticed I was gone.
    Now, now.... of course we've noticed you've been gone. What type of loose acquaintances (i.e. internet friend) would we be if we hadn't notice the lack of posts? :p

Seriously though, welcome back
  25. emeraldshadow Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh, hey, it's what's-his-name.:p

Hi Kidan.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.