main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Two's Company, Three's a Crowd, and Four's Just Confusing (Back from the dead)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by emeraldshadow, Nov 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenth_Zere

Jenth_Zere Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 14, 2005
    Then I would leave the apartment, ignoring more placating words that came from the mouth of a positively demonically gleeful Jag, and the dream would end.

Emphasis on the demonic part.:D

?You?re right,? Tahiri acknowledged, walking through the door and sitting on the edge of my sleep couch. ?I would have to drag you over in front of that window right there and give you mouth-to-mouth. That way, your life would be saved, plus, all those photographers standing outside would get the kind of shot they?ve been waiting for and carry out your revenge on Jaina for you.?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I love Tahiri!

Tahiri stopped talking, mid-sentence and mid-word, and an incredulous look crossed her face. After a long pause she let out a half cry, ?Jag!??

What?! I'm confused. And such an evil cliffie! Must have more soon... and make it J/Z! Please? :D

2. emeraldshadow

emeraldshadow Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 7, 2005
    Jenth_Zere: Emphasis on the demonic part.

[face_shame_on_you] Tsk, tsk Jenth. We have to play nice with the Jag fans.

What?! I'm confused.

Don?t worry, there?s a lot of that going around.

And such an evil cliffie! Must have more soon...

Relatively soon, promise.

and make it J/Z! Please?

Pleading is futile! I have already made up my mind about the ending, and I can definitely reveal that?.it may or may not be J/Z!

And you can quote me on that.;)

3. emeraldshadow

Oct 7, 2005
    Alright, I know author's shouldn't up their own stories. I know people shouldn't double post. I know that I just busted on SilSolo for upping her story multiple times. But I am weak, so very very weak. :_| :_| *hangs head in shame*

New chapter tomorrow if I have time tomorrow or on Monday if I don't.

*cries again* Don't judge me! I resisted upping as long as I could!

*runs away*

4. Jenth_Zere

Jun 14, 2005
    Alright, I know author's shouldn't up their own stories. I know people shouldn't double post. I know that I just busted on SilSolo for upping her story multiple times. But I am weak, so very very weak. *hangs head in shame*
    New chapter tomorrow if I have time tomorrow or on Monday if I don't.
    *cries again* Don't judge me! I resisted upping as long as I could!
    *runs away*

Tsk, tsk! [face_shame_on_you] Shame on you, emeraldshadow! *sigh* I spose I could forgive you *if* you find time post tommorrow instead of making us wait til Monday. :p

5. emeraldshadow

Oct 7, 2005
    Deal. Unless something important comes up, I'll post tomorrow.

6. Jenth_Zere

Jun 14, 2005
    Huzzah! Huzzah! Huzzah!!

You just made my night. :D

7. emeraldshadow

Oct 7, 2005
    That makes me very happy. I'm extremely flattered that my agreeing to update my story made somebody's night.:D

8. Jenth_Zere

Jun 14, 2005
    I'm glad I could make you happy...;) You know what would make me even more happy, is if you told me this is definatly J/Z. :D

9. emeraldshadow

Oct 7, 2005
    Well, I could tell you that, but how would you know what I was saying was true?;)

10. emeraldshadow

Oct 7, 2005
    Sorry, I had some family stuff earlier?at least I got the chapter up before midnight board time.

Notes: This chapter is dedicated to Jenth_Zere, her poking, and her refusal to be sidetracked on her mission to find out if this story is a J/Z. We love you Jenth.

Also, as you all know, the new cycle of chapters is starting next and we?re going to need a new opening. I?m open to suggestions on that.

Chapter Seven: Tahiri

I just want to say that what happened that day was not my fault, it was?well, I?m not sure whose fault it was, but it certainly wasn?t mine. Actually, it could have been my fault ? I have a bad habit of instigating trouble ? but I?m sure not going to take the blame for this mess. And I shouldn?t be blamed for it. Jag and Jaina were the ones who started the whole ?let?s screw up Zekk even more than he already is? thing, I did nothing wrong. But, whatever, blame me if you want.

?One ner..?

?Tahiri?? a stunned voice from the other end of the line choked.

I almost dropped the comm. ?Jag!?!?

I simultaneously heard somebody on the other end click the comm off and a sharp intake of breath behind me. I turned to see Zekk looking like a droid about to short circuit.

??ed piece of metal on the comm,? I continued in a rush. ?A jagged piece of metal on the comlink cut my hand. I?m going to go down to the front desk and get a bacta patch.?

Smooooth, Tahiri.

I couldn?t imagine why Jag would even be in Zekk?s hotel, much less at the front desk answering phones, but I wasn?t going to let him mess with Zekk. And, if I could help it, I wasn?t going to let Zekk know that Fel had any intention of messing with him because that fact, in itself, would mess with him.

?What? Let me look at it,? Zekk offered warily as the color returned to his face.

I grabbed my supposedly injured hand with my other hand, covering the nonexistent wound and applying pressure to stop fictional bleeding. ?No!? I screeched. Then, more calmly, I said, ?No, bacta patch, front desk, got it covered.?

I made a break for the door before Zekk could check my head for fever and grabbed the first turbo lift down to the lobby.

When I reached the lobby I found Jag arguing with what appeared to be a concierge. The concierge had a hold of Jag?s arm. Jag shook himself loose, made what was, for him, an impassioned statement, and stalked off in what happened to be my direction.

I stuck what I hoped to pass off as a coolly nonchalant pose and said in what I hoped to pass off as a coolly nonchalant and hard edged voice, ?Fancy seeing you here, Fel.?

Jag replied with his usual quietly cool natural nonchalance, ?If it isn?t Tahiri Veila. I?m sorry we didn?t get a chance to talk more on the comm, but my mission was compromised and evacuation of my position was required.?

I wasn?t going to beat the master at his own game so I allowed my annoyance to shine through in my next statement. ?What mission? What are you doing here Jag? Haven?t you done enough already??

?Perhaps it would be better to talk about this later,? Jag advised, jerking his head towards a group of gawking tentacled tourists who had recognized us and begun to snap holos.

I waved my hand and the holocameras flew out of their hands and smashed against the lobby wall. I could make apologies later. ?I?d rather talk about it now.?

?How long before Zekk expects you back?? Jag asked. I felt a little prick of disappointment that he wasn?t interested enough to ask what I had been doing in Zekk?s room ordering room service. I hadn?t expected calm acceptance. I guess I really didn?t know Jagged Fel that well.

?Only a minute or two, but I can make excuses.?

?I know, I?m interested in hearing some of them,? Jag quipped. Perhaps he did care after all.

?I?m sure you are, but I don?t need to make excuses for the likes of you,? I huffed.

Jag smiled but didn?t comment, giving me the distinct impression that he had sensed how much I had wanted him to make a comment about me and Zekk a

11. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    because Zekk was my friend and because I loved him. Of course, I had the sneaking suspicion that I loved Jag too.

Wow Tahiri. You're in an emotional pickle.

Personally I think you should stick with Zekk. But that's just me.

I'll guess we'll find out about Jag's feelings of hearing Tahiri's voice on the comm next? And his secret desire for her?

Oooh. Can't wait.

12. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    OHhhhhhhh!

I am all over a Jag and Tahiri ship!!!

That was fun.

I hope to see more soon.

Preggers

13. Jenth_Zere

Jun 14, 2005
    A whole chapter dedicated just to me?! Awwww. I feel so special. [face_blush]

Jag looked at me with an equal measure of incredulity. ?Of course not. I came here to get him to hit me.?
    ?What??
    ?If you give Jaina something to focus her anger on, she?ll do just that and forget about everything else,? Jag explained.

Oh, that's low.[face_shame_on_you]

??ed piece of metal on the comm,? I continued in a rush. ?A jagged piece of metal on the comlink cut my hand. I?m going to go down to the front desk and get a bacta patch.?

Smooooth, Tahiri.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

That was okay though, I would take care of both myself and Zekk, because Zekk was my friend and because I loved him. Of course, I had the sneaking suspicion that I loved Jag too.

Awww. Poor Tahiri... Go for Jag! *ahem* I actually do like the ship. It's cute. [face_love] And I like the way you write Jag. Self important and smug, but still fun.
    Anyway, excellent postie. Can't wait for more!

14. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    *looks down at the foam rubber bat in her hands*

?She?s refusing to see me. She?s refusing to see anyone. She?s racked with guilt over leaving Zekk and has retreated into a self pitying funk.?

?And you?ve come to get Zekk?s blessing so Jaina doesn?t have to feel guilty anymore?? I said incredulously.

Jag looked at me with an equal measure of incredulity. ?Of course not. I came here to get him to hit me.?

?What??

?If you give Jaina something to focus her anger on, she?ll do just that and forget about everything else,? Jag explained.

I could fill in the rest of his plan for myself. ?And if you show her how unreasonable Zekk is she?ll feel justified for leaving him.?

Jag gave a slight nod.

*Starts beating Jag over the head with the bat*

Great update emeraldshadow.

I can't wait to see what happens next. These people keep get more and more tangled around each other. I think at some point one of them is going to get so fed up with it all... they'll just throw their hands up and surrender. I don't know WHO it will be though...

let me just say again MORE!!!

jcs

15. emeraldshadow

Oct 7, 2005
    Lola: Personally I think you should stick with Zekk. But that's just me.

For right now, it?s just you, but I have confidence that sooner or later the tide will turn and you?ll raise up an army of T/Z shippers.

I'll guess we'll find out about Jag's feelings of hearing Tahiri's voice on the comm next? And his secret desire for her?

No, the chapter after next is Jag. It goes Jaina, Jag, Zekk, Tahiri, Jaina, Jag, Zekk, Tahiri. Now that the pattern has been established, I feel the need to stick to it.

Pregnantpadme: OHhhhhhhh!

I am all over a Jag and Tahiri ship!!!

Me too. Jag and Tahiri are adorable together. I?m still holding out a vague hope of seeing J/T in profic.

That was fun.

I hope to see more soon.

I?m working on it.

Jenth_Zere: A whole chapter dedicated just to me?! Awwww. I feel so special.

You are special, Jenth. *resists urge to start singing the song ?You are Special? from Barney*

Oh, that's low.

Yeah, but it seemed the sort of thing Jag would do.

Jag fans, before you get upset, the above comment is not a dig. Well, not a real dig anyway. Jag?s a very calculating person, it?s part of his nature, you can?t deny that.

I actually do like the ship. It's cute.

Again, I must say, ?Me too! Jag and Tahiri are adorable together. I?m still holding out a vague hope of J/T in profic.?:p

And I like the way you write Jag. Self important and smug, but still fun.

Thanks! I wanted everybody to see what I see in Jag?s character. He?s the character you love to hate.

Jain Clan Solo: *looks down at the foam rubber bat in her hands*
    *Starts beating Jag over the head with the bat*

Don?t beat him up too badly, JCS. I need him for chapter nine. If he gets sent to fanfic character hospital, we can?t go on with the story.:p

I can't wait to see what happens next. These people keep get more and more tangled around each other. I think at some point one of them is going to get so fed up with it all... they'll just throw their hands up and surrender. I don't know WHO it will be though...

:D :D [face_devil]

16. emeraldshadow

Oct 7, 2005
    Two new (extremely short, yet plot furthering) chapters tonight (or tomorrow, whenever JoE has time to beta)!

17. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    I love the way you write Tahiri. :D Very nice post. =D=

18. emeraldshadow

Oct 7, 2005

Notes: These chapters are dedicated to my Master Jedi_of_Ennth who was the original conceiver of the Cilghal mean wedding pudding.

Chapter Eight: Jaina

They say that everything happens for a reason, and, as a Jedi in service of the Force, I have to believe that they, whomever they are, are telling the truth. Sometimes though, life seems so random.

The box sat on the table and mocked me. It berated me for being the screw-up I was.

Invitations. Thousands of invitations to a wedding that wasn?t going to happen lay in that box and informed me how disappointed everyone was with me.

Two interlocking rings graced the front of the invitations, a symbol of everlasting love, two endless circles. I had broken those circles.

A holo of me and Zekk from our days at the Academy resided in the center of the first circle. We both looked so happy. That was before I broke his heart for the first time. Life had been perfect then ? excluding problems with Imperials, bounty hunters, and crime syndicates. I wish life was still that simple.

Another holo of Zekk and I smiling and looking all lovey-dovey, a holo taken only a few short weeks before, sat in the middle of the second circle. We made a cute couple- too bad I had been acting, too bad I had been about to break his heart again.

I sighed. Why did I have to run into Zekk that night when I had been feeling so vulnerable? Why couldn?t I have run into Kyp? Kyp would have made me feel young, made me feel like I had plenty of time to find somebody to share my life with, and then I wouldn?t have had to have broken anyone?s heart. Stupid Force. It knew that if I ran into Zekk that night that I would say yes to his proposal, so why did it make our paths cross?

I?m being irrational, I know that. I know the Force doesn?t work like that. I just want someone to blame other than myself.

Why did the invitations have to be delivered and remind me of how I shattered a wonderful man whose only mistake was to love me? Why hadn?t the printer received my cancellation order?

I couldn?t deal with it, I just couldn?t. I had already had to cancel the flowers and the orchestra. I had already had to tell Cilghal, even though she had already saw it on the HoloNet, that the wedding was off and we didn?t need her to make pudding for the reception. (Zekk and I had hired a caterer to prepare a more suitable wedding feast, but we still had wanted Cilghal to make her famous pudding, it was a mean pudding.) Enough was enough, somebody else was going to have to try to return the invitations for me and explain how I wasn?t getting married because my fiancée had caught me with an Imperial.

I couldn?t wait for somebody else to take care of it though, the box was still mocking me.

I scooped the box up in my arms and carried it out my front door and down the hall to the garbage chute. I balanced the box on my knee so I could open the door to the chute, then threw the box down the chute with a little stab of pleasure. Now who was laughing?

?I guess this means the breakup is official then.?

My mother was standing behind me, a wry smile on her lips.

?You?re a little behind the times Mom, the breakup became official two weeks ago when the first tabloid with pictures of Zekk checking in to a hotel came out. I would think, since he had been staying with you and Dad before, you would have picked up on that.?

?Your father and I were still hoping you?d change your mind.?

?Of course you were.? I turned on my heel and walked back to my apartment, not really caring if my mother followed me or not.

?Don?t be like that Jaina.? Just my luck, she had followed me. Couldn?t she take a hint? ?You know that Zekk is a third son to us, naturally we?re disappointed that things didn?t work out between you two, but we?re also just as willing to accept Jag into our family. We?ll love whomever you deem worthy enough to choose as your life partner.?

?But you?d rather it be Zekk,? I stated simply. She had already intimated that much herself.

My mother gave

19. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    Yikes!!

Tahiri wanted me to leave her and Zekk alone? Fine. They had their little love nest and now, Jaina and I had ours.

Yeah but for how long? You guys don't seem to be able to commit for a long period of time. Oh wait. At least Tahiri and Jaina can't commit. Well maybe more Jaina than Tahiri. But you know what I mean.

Great updates. Now I have to go back to those teasers and try to fit them with these posts and possible futures ones.

This is going great emeraldshadow.

20. Jenth_Zere

Jun 14, 2005
    Jaina smiled more widely than I had ever seen her smile in recent memory. ?The heart wants what it wants and I want you.?

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :eek: Jaina, what are you thinking?! Can't you see Zekk is perfect?! Okay, well after that little episode I think her and Jag do deserve each other. That is just low. Breaking up with a guy who has loved you all his life, and then moving in with your ex a week later. That's Jag-style low. I still like J/T more than J/J though.

The whole "Jaina attack" scene was hilarious... in a disturbing sort of way.:p
    Anyway, loved it. Can't wait for more!

21. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    I've missed a few, but damn, woman, this is so good!

The drama, the heart ache, the mystery LOL! [face_laugh][face_laugh]

I just about fell out of my chair with the Tahiri/Zekk dicsussion and her refusal to leave lol!

And then Jag showing up so he could get Zekk to punch him in the face *snicker* I loved it. Low, but funny all the same..

And then Jaina... oh Jaina, Jaina... *shakes her head* Creature of extremes indeed!

All in all wonderful updates packed with entertainment!

Wondeful job, I eagerly look forward to more

Note: I think Jaina and Jag deserve each other in this *snicker* even though I'm a J/Z shipper and don't like Jag, the way you're writing this is too entertaining! Bravo!

22. emeraldshadow

Oct 7, 2005
    Lola: Yeah but for how long? You guys don't seem to be able to commit for a long period of time.

Well, I can?t anticipate what turns the characters may want to take once I actually start writing them but, for right now, I?m planning on making things settle down a bit as far as relationship-jumping goes.

Oh wait. At least Tahiri and Jaina can't commit. Well maybe more Jaina than Tahiri. But you know what I mean.

The real problem is that they?re willing to commit but don?t take the commitment seriously.

Jenth_Zere: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Somehow, I knew that was going to be your reaction.;)

Jaina, what are you thinking?! Can't you see Zekk is perfect?!

*nods* As near to perfect as a human being can be. [face_love]

But is he perfect for Jaina? :p

Okay, well after that little episode I think her and Jag do deserve each other. That is just low. Breaking up with a guy who has loved you all his life, and then moving in with your ex a week later. That's Jag-style low.

You see, I debated a lot about having Jag move in with Jaina, at least this soon, but then I reread the first couple of chapters and received three reasons why it made sense:

(1) The whole thing started because Jaina was scared of being alone/growing old alone so naturally, now that she doesn?t have Zekk anymore she?s going to latch on to Jag

(2)When I was rereading the first Jag chapter I realized that I had locked myself in a timeframe of weeks so things needed to happen fast. (I may go back and edit that so I can at least have a month or two. Shhh! [face_shhh] Don?t tell anyone.;) )

(3) Also in the first Jag chapter it talks of scandal, and what?s more scandalous than a girl breaking up with her fiancée to move in with her ex boyfriend?

The whole "Jaina attack" scene was hilarious... in a disturbing sort of way.

[face_laugh] Thank you.

Jade_Max: I've missed a few, but damn, woman, this is so good!

The drama, the heart ache, the mystery LOL!

I just about fell out of my chair with the Tahiri/Zekk dicsussion and her refusal to leave lol!

And then Jag showing up so he could get Zekk to punch him in the face *snicker* I loved it. Low, but funny all the same..

And then Jaina... oh Jaina, Jaina... *shakes her head* Creature of extremes indeed!

All in all wonderful updates packed with entertainment!

Wondeful job, I eagerly look forward to more

[face_blush] Wow, such high praise, I?m honored. Thank you.

I had been wondering where you were, if you were still reading, and if I
    should take you off the PM list (I don?t want to be this nagging person who keeps sending people messages when they?re not interested anymore), but now I know that you're just busy.

Note: I think Jaina and Jag deserve each other in this *snicker* even though I'm a J/Z shipper and don't like Jag, the way you're writing this is too entertaining! Bravo!

Again, I?m happy that my story is so entertaining to someone who is both not a J/J fan and not a fan of Jag herself.

Of course, I?m not a J/J fan myself (My order goes: Zekk/Jaina, Kyp/Jaina, Random New Guy/Jaina, Pond Scum/Jaina, Jag/Jaina) and I still love this, but I?m the writer and thus expected to love my own story, so I don?t count.

23. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Oooh teh Drama

24. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    What can I say, Jaina presented a very convincing argument. [face_blush]

Jaina, Jaina, Jaina...

I wonder when this one will hit the Holovid tabloids... boy is everyone going to be in for it.

Jag sounded slightly jealous of Zekk and Tahiri... and their 'love nest'. And after all that time chasing after Jaina...

I really love this story. Do you have a PM list? If you do could I please be added to it?

jcs

25. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    Two interlocking rings graced the front of the invitations, a symbol of everlasting love, two endless circles. I had broken those circles.

I really liked that part. :)

I scooped the box up in my arms and carried it out my front door and down the hall to the garbage chute. I balanced the box on my knee so I could open the door to the chute, then threw the box down the chute with a little stab of pleasure. Now who was laughing?

I like the way the invitations play into the chapter -- how getting rid of them serves to quell Jaina's guilt and help her move on.

Jaina?s recorded voice came through the comm. ?Jag? It?s Jaina. Come by my apartment later, I have something I want to tell you.?
    I wondered how high I would be required to jump this time.

[face_laugh]

?Oh, and I want you to move in here,? Jaina said almost as an afterthought.
    ?What?!?
    Alright, that wasn?t fair, she had to know that was a mood killer.

[face_laugh] Oh, Jaina. [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.