main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Ty_Ordell's Fan Art - March 6th- failed Charity cards and new piece -Ahsoka

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Ty_Ordell, Jan 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ty_Ordell

Ty_Ordell Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2002
    Hi everyone, ever since my first submitted Fan-Art pic made it into the 2004 fan art Review (shocked the heck out of me), I've had lots of requests from people who'd like to see more of my work.

so I set up a DA account. And since this seems to be the place where people share their Artwork I thought I'd post a link.

My Gallery dantooine.deviantart.com/gallery

My rough work is in the scraps section

I've just started doing more artwork (I got a tablet!!) so I don't have that much yet.

The Aayla Pic is currently in progress but I thought I'd give you all a sneak peek!

2. bountyhunterx

bountyhunterx Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 1, 2005
    WOW! Great work! I'm no where near you right now! I especially like the first Padme one.

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Nice stuff you got there, Ty_Ordell. I think what's really neat about the stuff you posted is how you decided to show us the drawings at all their different stages. For example, the Vader one and the Padme one.

And with that said, the Vader one is my favorite. The rendering, shading and pose is all great and works very well. :)

4. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Your work is wonderful, Ty_Ordell. I am so taken with your drawing of Padmé in her wedding dress. It's just gorgeous. I really like your drawing style. Your lines and shading are both so interesting.

And giving the wedding picture a sort of sepia toned look to it was a nice touch. Looks like an old photograph. :)

5. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Nice Art Work Ty Ordell.

6. Ty_Ordell

Oct 7, 2002
    Thanks for all your feedback guys, and girls

7. Ellbobin

Ellbobin Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2004
    nice HS29 EDIT: Inappropriate padme, thats what I like.

8. Anakenobi

Anakenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 24, 2004
    I love your style, dude!

The Vader art pieces are awesome. And Padme actually looks like her! Cool!

And that Sara drawing is very cute!

9. Ty_Ordell

Oct 7, 2002
    I just updated my photobucket account, the Aayla piece is completed.

Thanks for all your kind criticisms, and yes I know I used a little artistic freedom with the Padme Arena piece.

Aayla- www.deviantart.com/deviation/15774514

10. MasterSareBabe

MasterSareBabe Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 11, 2004
    Great stuff. :D Very nice.

11. TroubledAnakin

TroubledAnakin Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2004
    Aayla looks great. Well done on another wonderful piece.

12. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Your stuff is very slick. I particularly like your inking - very dynamic.

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Excellent addition, Ty! Like others have already mentioned, I love how you color your drawings. It really adds life to them. :)

14. Ty_Ordell

Oct 7, 2002
  15. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    Great stuff, Ty! Very cool. :D You have a way of keeping the freshness and subtelty of the sketch in your finished work.

I love that little Tauntaun sketch-- you should finish that one off!

16. HanSolo29

Apr 13, 2001
    Nice work, Ty_Ordell!

You say that pose gave you some problems? Perhaps it was the foreshortening? I always have problems with that myself. Although, the end product really turned out great! :D

17. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    Your art has great boobs. [face_plain]

:p

18. Ty_Ordell

Oct 7, 2002
    Shrunkenjedi : Thanks, the Tauntaun piece is the next one I'm coloring, or as we say in Canada Colouring.

HanSolo29 : the foreshortening was the problem, her right arm never quite looked right.

jacemathem : Thanks for the compliment, but I'm not sure if all my art has great boobs I mean you can't even see the chest on both my Bail and Tarkin pieces. And besides if you have to draw them you might as well make them great, right? :D

19. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    Right on, bro. :cool:

20. Ty_Ordell

Oct 7, 2002
  21. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Ty_Ordell, I just visited your site, and am blown away by your diversity of styles! =D= You manage to excel at virtually every type of art, be it comic-style, or true-to-life likenesses--I truly admire (and envy! :p ) that! I especially like the Vader piece--very dramatic and strong! Keep it coming!

FF

22. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Keep up the good work.

23. Ty_Ordell

Oct 7, 2002
    Wow, thank you very much everyone. I'm not used to such praise but I'm glad people like my art, I worked hard on each piece.

FalconFan : I've really been trying to nail down my "comic book" style in the last couple of months. Artists like Thomas Hodges and Bruce Timm have very signature styles meaning you can tell who drew it just by looking at it. I'm in no way comparing myself to them but I want my drawings to have the same consistency.

The Tarkin and Bail pieces I did even though they're similar are also very different. I'm trying to work on that part of my art right now. Keeping each style of art consistent.

24. Ty_Ordell

Oct 7, 2002
    I finally finished off my little Tauntaun piece. It's similar to the Han & Chewie I did for the Monthly challenge. I like the results I get from illustrator but man it takes me a while to do an illustration in it. [face_tired]

Luke & Tauntaun- www.deviantart.com/deviation/15774775

25. _Artoo_

_Artoo_ Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2005
    Wow, love your style Ty!

That Tauntaun piece is very good, I can't use illustrator to save my life, I really admire people who can use it well :) I like the muted colours, they give it an arctic feel, and the funky 'legs' on the probe droid ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.