main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Ty_Ordell's Fan Art - March 6th- failed Charity cards and new piece -Ahsoka

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Ty_Ordell, Jan 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ty_Ordell

Ty_Ordell Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2002
    I noticed I just received VIP status here, I don't know what that means, I think it has something to do with the number of times I've posted in the forums. But according to the forum FAQ's at 250 posts I'm supposed to receive 2 shiny stars beside my name but instead I got red text. I feel gypped I want my shiny stars!!

2. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    [face_laugh]

It's because you won the Winter Fanart Challenge, Dan-- look under your name!

Congratulations ;)

3. Ty_Ordell

Oct 7, 2002
    8-} Thanks, I know now, after I posted my query I saw my new 'title' listed under my name. I guess I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer! However it's pretty cool so a big thanks to everyone who voted for my drawring!

4. Glitbiter

Glitbiter Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2008
    WOW! :eek: Your stuff is awesome!~ I only had a quick look through since there's so much here, but from what I've seen you're very talented, especially with inks - very slick and dynamic. My favourites are your scene series - love the way you coloured the Vader one, and yes, I saw Vader in the smoke! Assaj Ventress looks amazing, what a great angle, and you really captured her character too! Great stuff!~ :D

5. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Congrats on the Winter Fan Art Challenge win, Ty! =D= It's well-deserved! Love the Batman "leap" piece--such terrific depth in that piece, and in such a clean, dynamic style! And the "Lost" sketches are a wonderful addition to the ones you've already done--most excellent work! Again--congrats! You look good in red! :p

FF

6. Ty_Ordell

Oct 7, 2002
    testing..., sorry for some reason I'm having trouble posting to the forum. Page keeps timing out when sending the post. Anyways here's another try.

My latest peice is sort of a breakaway from my normal style, I have a bunch more like this to come though.

Han & Chewie - Danteenies!

'Dan' is me, I'm Dan and 'teenie' as in small not teenager. Sort of a play on my screen name at Deviantart

I think it's gonna work this time[face_praying]

7. ART2-D2

ART2-D2 Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 17, 2007
    Niiiiice... Love the style. Vibrant colors. You are very flexable, Keep it up..=D=

Now that is the big head Han! Like the old 1977 kenner figures.

8. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    [face_laugh] this is a great piece of Chewie and Han my fellow DA member!. they just make me smile every time I look at them!

9. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_love]=D=

GREAT!! I LOVE the style of this! Cuteness abounds, yes--but they also perfectly illustrate these two characters, capturing expression and gesture! Terrific framing--the graphic style of it really adds a lot! Wonderful, wonderful work! =D==D=

FF

PS--I keep hearing Jawas, hollering "Danteenies!!" [face_laugh]

10. Ty_Ordell

Oct 7, 2002
    Haha! I had thought of that too FF

Thanks People!! Everyone really seems to like these guys so I'll definitely have to post more, I've got a few really cute ideas in mind too!

11. Ty_Ordell

Oct 7, 2002
  12. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    I love that wampa! Seriously, great feeling of movement as well as character - your figures are always so alive.

You need to update the date in title of this thread, though - I'm sure people haven't noticed you've added another pic since the 26th.[face_shame_on_you]

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh wow, how did I miss these! Those are really awesome, Ty, and very original!

Han looks really silly and I must admit, you actually succeeded in making the Wampa look cute. Nice job! :)

14. Ty_Ordell

Oct 7, 2002
    Thanks soitscometothis and HanSolo29 I'm having fun with these as they're an easier style to draw.

15. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Really nice artwork, I especially liek the unique toonish quality that you add to it. The newest piece is really cute, and I like how you captured the special edition quality.

16. Ty_Ordell

Oct 7, 2002
    May the 4th be with you all!

Sorry, I had to get that in before the day was over

17. Ty_Ordell

Oct 7, 2002
    Well I'm back but not to post any Star Wars art. I said I'd be better about checking in here and posting stuff but everyone gets busy in the summer.

Today however I am posting artwork for another highly anticipated movie
    Batman - The Dark Knight

[image=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Hoogkamp/darkknight3copy.jpg]

I hope ya digs I did this one for my Sister

I have a couple more ideas for my Star Wars Danteenies characters but I need to finish my Thundercats one first.

18. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    Wow thats very cool. Batman looks the oldschool cartoon from the '90's. The Joker looks too depressed though, he's supposed to be menacingly happy. Still, it's really cool!

19. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Nice to see you around again, Ty! :)

Your style is really evolving. You're really starting to fall into your own niche and your latest piece is a fine example of that. I love the simplistic nature of the piece and how you still managed to capture the essence and "feel" of the characters! Nicely done! =D=

20. Ty_Ordell

Oct 7, 2002
    here's my latest work in progress - Bruce Timm style - Padme sketch.

I will colour it up soon and repost
    [image=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Hoogkamp/Bruce_Timm_style_Padme_sketch_by_Da.jpg]

Also _Sublime_Skywalker_ I agreed with your comment about the Joker looking depressed so I gace him more of a sly grin. You can check it out here.

The Dark Knight

Thanks for the kind words HanSolo29

21. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    Cool Dark Knight pic - love the Joker in it.

22. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    The Padme sketch is just gorgeous, Ty! =D=--it would be great fun to see Natalie Portman's reaction to seeing this! ;) :D I think you've captured all her beauty, attitude and strength here--most excellent! And the Dark Knight piece is wonderful--the "ha ha ha!" all across the bottom really takes me back! And you really need to share your charity collector cards here, too, btw--those ROCK!! =D=

FF

23. Ty_Ordell

Oct 7, 2002
    Wow haven't posted here in a while!?

Here are the cards
    [image=http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs36/f/2008/253/a/9/Star_Wars__cards_fo_Charity_by_Dantooine.jpg]

Here is 'Danteenie' Maul
    [image=http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/093/5/d/Mauled_by_Dantooine.jpg]

and here is my latest piece, Ahsoka from 'The Clone Wars'
    [image=http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/058/d/5/snips_by_dantooine-d3ai6e5.jpg]

24. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    These look awesome! I think my favourite one is Ahsoka. She looks awesome, and the background is pretty cool as well. I like the colours in it, they give it a balanced feel. Nice work! You have a very cool, unique style as well! =D=

25. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    I agree with Iverna, Ahsoka is very cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.