main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Ty_Ordell's Fan Art - March 6th- failed Charity cards and new piece -Ahsoka

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Ty_Ordell, Jan 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Beautiful additions, Ty--even if they aren't SW! They're both gorgeous, but it's the Batman piece that really snags me: the perspective, the movement in the swirling cape, the lighting/shadows--all contribute to that "Dark Knight" mood! Superman is great too--and I agree with the comment made in your DA account: I don't think it needs anything else! It has a sort of "trading card"-kind of look to it--very dynamic with simple composition. Also wonderful! It's great to see some new stuff from you! :D

FF

2. soitscometothis

soitscometothis Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2003
    Cool pics - I don't know which I like better: The moody Batman, or the more caricature-ish Superman (particuly like his face). Both are very stylish.

3. Ty_Ordell

Ty_Ordell Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 7, 2002
    Thanks kids, I had fun doin' those and hope to do more Superheroes, probably Spidey anyways. I did up the Superman one because when Toronto had it's big ComicCon in August a DC Comics editor was doing portfolio reviews and I wanted bring some of my stuff, not to get a job but just to see where I stood. However I didn't get there and besides I didn't have any sequentials to show anyways and that would probably be the 1st thing he would've pointed out anyways.

Also here is my contribution to this months Fan Art challenge

Han & Chewie - Halloween Night

www.deviantart.com/view/23866402

4. Anakin_Skywalker20

Anakin_Skywalker20 Jedi Master star 5

Nov 16, 2000
    ... [face_laugh] Thats funny. [face_worried] oh god ...

5. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    :eek:
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]

**laughing, trying to catch breath and stop tears of hysteria...laughing some more**

Oh, mercy!! This is so hilarious!! And the awful thing is, I could just see Chewie doing this to Han!!

[face_laugh][face_laugh]

Outstanding, Ty!!!

=D==D=

**crawls away from computer to catch breath and keep tears from hitting the keyboard**

FF

6. Daughter_Of_TheForce

Daughter_Of_TheForce Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 1, 2001
  7. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    That's just wrong![face_worried] [face_laugh]

8. Ty_Ordell

Oct 7, 2002
    Wrong, yet curiously arousing eh?

just kidding.

I don't see what the big deal is everyone, in every movie he's naked, I actually put some clothes on him. [face_mischief]

9. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]

You definitely belong here in Fan Art, Ty!!
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]
    It's just as funny each time I look at it!!

FF

10. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    That is FUNNY!! I made a picture of Luke in the golden bikini one time as a joke. My male friends said they were struck blind. ;) This is by far, much more scarier.

Great job!!

AG88

11. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I have to say, that's one of the funniest things I've ever seen [face_laugh][face_laugh] You truly have a twisted mind Ty [face_laugh]

12. SIUEA_DOOGUAS

SIUEA_DOOGUAS Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2004
    funny,ty_ordell!!!! happy halloween!!!! -ja

13. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Oh wow...

That's just disturbing... :p

Although, on an artistic note - it's a great drawing! Love the sketchy feel to it. ;)

14. Ty_Ordell

Oct 7, 2002
    Thanks HanSolo29 and everyone else I'm glad everyone liked this one, I'll have to do more sometime.

15. Corellian_Rogue

Corellian_Rogue Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 30, 2001
    LMAO!!! This is hilarious stuff! :D Great drawing style too, and great use of sketchy colour...I really like it's light-hearted feel.

I'd like to see a sequel...Han's payback perhaps? ;) Great work! :D

16. Ty_Ordell

Oct 7, 2002
    Well it's been over a month since I last posted anything here, however that's almost as long as it took me to finish this piece. Craziness!!

Anyways, I've been busy, I took a course on Adobe illustrator mostly just to use my brain again (I don't do that much where I work). I couldn't wait to try some of the stuff I learned so finished my Slave Leia piece.

Hope ya Likes,

Slave Leia

www.deviantart.com/view/25708362

17. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Hey, thats good. I love her hair.
    Leia has blue eyes? But looks great.

18. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Yes! Vector work! I love vector art especialy very well done ones such as yours. :D

19. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    **mad Ewok-dancing continues**
    [face_dancing]

New work from Ty!!

And what a wonderful work it is!! This is so beautiful--the colors are soft and warm, and the metal has a nice "metallic" look to it--just beautiful!

An Illustrator class? At the extension college, community college? Just curious...(said the complete techno-doofus...)

It's so great to see new stuff from you here, Ty!

=D==D=

FF

20. academygrad88

academygrad88 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 6, 2004
    Beautiful drawing of Leia. I need to see if my local college has computer Art classes. I like being shown how to do something. I hate reading the manual and having to figure out stuff myself.

Great work!

AG88

21. Ty_Ordell

Oct 7, 2002
    Thanks everyone, I like how it turned out. I'm definitely going to do more stuff like this in Illustrator.

I took what's called a continuing education course through a local college called Conestoga College in Kitchener, Ontario. Just 2 days, 3 hours each day. I couldn't resist since my employer pays for it as long as I successfully complete it.

22. soitscometothis

Jul 11, 2003
    That's beautiful. I liked the original drawing, but that's just so polished.[face_love]

23. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wow, very nice Ty!

Everything looks so smooth and very clean. Very professional looking. And you say this is the result of a 2 day course? Very nice job indeed. I can't wait till next year when I get to play around with Illustrator. ;)

24. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    Wow! That's great! [:D]

As said before, you did a fantastic job on her hair.

Very sexy ;)

25. Ty_Ordell

Oct 7, 2002
    Started a new Piece tonight, here is the WIP. Everyones favorite grey-skinned female Bounty Huntress. This will be an action scene instead of a simple pose.

Aura Sing WIP
    [image=http://photobucket.com/albums/v239/Hoogkamp/Sing1.jpg]

* Also this was cool, I went to update my icon and there was one there of my huge chested Padme drawing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.