1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!
  2. Welcome Guest.

New feature: The Art of Disney…Now discussing:

Art Archive Ty_Ordell's new and improved Fan Art Thread - Boba Fett - Finished - July 6th/'07

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Ty_Ordell, Apr 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. Ty_Ordell Jedi Knight

star 2
    I guess it has been awhile since I posted anything here, I only like to post here when I'm doing something Star Wars related and lately I've been doing other less important things;) .

I've started work on a personal piece to commemorate the 30th anniversary of the Saga. I want to do a compilation or collage I guess you'd say of all the main villains of Star Wars. I'm going to produce each villain in their own separate pieces and then when I feel I've covered everyone I'll combine them all into one piece, hopefully in time for the 30th anniversary. And hopefully I get more than 3 done by then!
    Anyways the first piece is done, She was designed for the prequel Trilogy but showed up in the Clone Wars cartoon. No particular reason why I picked her first, I just had a sketch of her that turned out half decent.

Assaj Ventress

click on full view at left to see a larger version
  2. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    TY!!! **Wookiee-tackle**

Welcome back!! It's so great to see your stuff up here in Fan Art again (even though I've been drooling over it at dA! ;) )! Everyone here should get to see all your fantastic art!

What a great idea--getting all the villains together--most of us would be thinking in terms of the "good guys" instead. Asajj looks great: I love this pose, with the whirling action going on, and two lightsabers--she's a bad-@$$ alright! I'm really looking forward to seeing each of these, and then the final compilation--and I wish you the best of luck in getting it done by the anniversary!

Once again--welcome back! :D

FF
  3. soitscometothis Force Ghost

star 5
    I think that's absolutely brilliant. Your figures are as stylish and fluid as ever.

Welcome back, Ty.
  4. DarthFar Jedi Padawan

Hey there, I've seen your artwork at Deviant Art. Love your style, man. =D= Especially that Vader op-art. That was several kinds of crazy awesome.
  5. Ty_Ordell Jedi Knight

star 2
    Alright here is the second piece, Darth Vader. I'm surprised by how quickly I'm doing these hopefully I get them all done this quick. Anyways I did this one up and threw it on a quick background however dispite all the positive feedback I recieved on my DevArt page I just wasn't happy with the background so... I changed it. If you saw the original at my Devart page then you'll hopefully agree that this new background displays him better.

Lord Vader
  6. Minela Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wow, I'm absolutely in love with your art. I just looked through everything in your Deviant Gallery. [face_love] Of course I love the Star Wars pieces the most, but Batman looks very badd assss. Can I say that on here? [face_worried] Anyway, I think your idea for the bad-guys collage is great, can't wait to see the rest. Vader looks goofy rather than scary but I kind of enjoy him that way. A little comic relief never hurt. Keep it up, I'll be deffenitley checking it out. :D
  7. BIEREN Force Ghost

star 3
    Great stuff, you have a unique style, which is always a good thing. quite impessive
  8. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_dancing]=D=

More from Ty!! I love the Vader piece! Very dynamic, with the glowing saber and the outstretched hand, flickering with Force-lightning! Fantastic work with the cloak, too--so much movement in that!

Awesome!

FF
  9. Ty_Ordell Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thanks FF, Here's the next one. I said it would be a Stormtrooper but did a Sandtrooper. Hope ya likes.

Sandtrooper
  10. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    =D=

Great piece! You know I like this--but I'll say it again! :D The colors, the pose, and that little hologram in his hand--all just awesome! The "reverse aerial perspective" in the b/g is very cool (and gives the distinct impression of a cloud passing overhead...most excellent!), and those twin suns glaring definitely puts this on Tatooine. Another terrific painting!

FF
  11. Chilla Force Ghost

star 4
    Welcome back! [:D]

And the Sandtrooper looks great!
    [face_laugh] Looks almost as if a car drove over his helmet! ---- I love it! :D

=D= Well done! :) Keep up the good work!
  12. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Nice pictures I like your style
  13. Ty_Ordell Jedi Knight

star 2
    I need the Fonz to Punch my computer and get it working properly. I've been having more problems and that's why I'm late replying to everyone here.

FF - Thanks again, I'm not sure I understand what your saying about reverse aerial wassawassi, you're getting all technical on me. I just like it because it's shiney!

Chilla - Thanks for stopping in. As for the helmet, I wanted him to be different than any stormtrooper I've seen before. I always like to exagerate my characters to a certain degree. I guess it's just the animator in me.
    '
    earlybird-obi-wan - Thanks and yeah I guess I am starting to develop a 'Style', finally.
  14. Ty_Ordell Jedi Knight

star 2
    I haven't posted anything in awhile, they increased my overtime at work so my personal drawing time has suffered ever since. However I thought it might be neat to post a work in progress, the latest addition to my villain collage. Boba Fett.

[image=http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v239/Hoogkamp/bobaWIP.jpg]

the other pics there are just for reference.

If anyone has any crits or tips this would be the perfect time to share them.
  15. soitscometothis Force Ghost

star 5
    I've just saved that pic to my hard-drive. Those two renditions of Boba Fett are fantastic and inspiring. I love the level of stylisation you've got going on in your illustrations, and you seem to have totaly mastered whatever art software you are using. Seriously, I could not like these pictures more.
  16. Corran_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Woah, looking awesome so far! =P~

The pose and lightning are great, only the left biceps/upper arm looks kinda off.
  17. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    Whoa!! Awesome Boba Fett!! =D==D= I'm fascinated how you utilize your references--using them to clarify details and shapes, rather than as a "hard" reference, like for a portrait... Fabulous! I'm loving these so far--the poses are very "Fett-ish" (...giggles...no pun intended! ;) :p ), and the detailing is coming along great (are you going to finish both of these? Please do!)! I agree with soits, too: you're really the master of your art programs! **nods vigorously**

FF
  18. Ty_Ordell Jedi Knight

star 2
    Thanks everyone for you comments. Just so everyone knows I was only doing one piece. the sketch underneath was just a rough sketch to capture the pose, I then work in Adobe illustrator placing the shapes on top.

Corran_Fett -I fixed his left bicep you're right I overdid it a bit.

Anyways here's the finished piece
    Boba Fett
  19. soitscometothis Force Ghost

star 5
    Again, very cool.I particuly like the perspective on the right-hand pistol.
  20. FalconFan Jedi Master

star 4
    This is so cool! I really like the composition, and the colors, too--using some that echo his armor colors a bit more really works here! Love that pose--very Fett!--and I agree with soits that the perspective on that right-hand blaster is awesome (and really pulls you into the piece!)! Great work! =D=

FF
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.