main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Types of Boyfriends

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Julie, Jan 5, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auraveda

Auraveda Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 5, 2001
    I agree that men can definitely be more than one type depending on mood and what type of woman they're dealing with.

A man can also be changed by a bad relationship, or a few bad relationships. I suspect that many men start out with a greater percentage of "Mr. Wonderful" in them, but it gets sucked out of them after a messy breakup or after dealing with a lying, cheating girlfriend, or too many brush-offs from pretty girls.

2. Admiral Maciejewski

Admiral Maciejewski Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 1998
    I am a NICE GUY mixed with the WILD GUY. At least from the discriptions I get from my ex's.

3. Circusboy39

Circusboy39 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2001
    OK, so in an effort to get some discussion going, what kinds of guys do you girls like best? Or what kind of traits in guys? Hmmmm?

4. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    What THIS girl wants Looksirdroids is a Niceguy, Knight in Shining Armor who will swee me off my feet at first glane. :D There's the LUney Type

5. dehrian

dehrian Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 18, 1999
    reeves1, when you were seeing each other, would giving her the bear been out of character?

My reason for asking is that it all depends on the girl. Since you went so long without contacting her, if you suddenly show up with a gift, she could think you're trying to go right back to where you were, and she may not like that. If I read your situation right, you're the one who burned her, not the other way around. She may not want to go right back to where you were; may want to take things slow.

I would suggest taking the bear with you, and seeing how the day goes. You know her, we don't. (Regardless of typical male belief, every girl is different.) If it feels right, and you think she's being receptive, give her the bear. If not, sit on it.

But, of course, there's another possibility, if you really want to live on the edge. :) Give her the bear regardless and be prepared for a cold reception. If you give her the bear straight out and she responds to it positively, you'll know you're in. If she's cold, you know you're screwed.

6. eaglejedi

eaglejedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 2, 2001
    That could so have a double meaning.

7. jedi-mind-trick

jedi-mind-trick VIP star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 6, 2001
    Reeves,
    Edit: Misread situation....missed page somewhere.....sorry! [face_blush]

And for the record, my finace is 1,3,8 & 17. :D

8. Ikhnaton

Ikhnaton Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 1999
    finace? too damn close to "finance" for me...

marriage is overrated :confused:

9. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
  10. DarthYama

DarthYama Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 16, 2001
    I am the creature of dreams.

11. NathanDahlin

NathanDahlin Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2000
    Up, so this thread won't be locked or pruned.

12. Akumz_Razor

Akumz_Razor Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    I'm number one! Too bad nice guys finish last.

EDiT- just read the 2nd page, seems I'm also part 17.

13. deepbluejedi

deepbluejedi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2002
    I'd like to think I'm a 1 and 8...but you'd have to comfirm that with my gf.

14. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    I think you forgot:
    Disadvantages of MR NICE GUY - May not think og him "like that" until its too late you've screwed your life up and ruined him for every other woman on the planet.

No I'm not bitter

That's the most true to life one I've read so far.

15. Gorin_Zachian

Gorin_Zachian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    As a previos post said you girls looking for a number one may find it, but almost never in that pretty little Package (Sports Jock, Muscle man, or someone who just is gnerally 'cute') wh9ich is why most never find any.

Look to us fat, lonely, slightly depressed, and ugly peoiple, their you'll find either nice guys or people who atre REALLY bitter.

(Depends on the Day, and who i've mst recently talked to. 8Sigh*)

16. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    ::looks around, re-checks the list of boyfriend types::

Well, personality-wise, I'm a #1 to the letter, with heavy doses of #8. No, I kid you not. I was raised to be a gentleman, and I have a strong dislike for "objectifying" women and/or treating them like property (granted, I can appreciate a beautiful woman, such as a supermodel, etc, but looks aren't everything. No, really, I mean that).

Funny thing is, I have never had a girlfriend. Funny how that works out.

17. Akumz_Razor

Akumz_Razor Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Yeah what's up with that?

18. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    I'm a 1 raised to be an 8. Like Syntax, I was brought up to treat women with respect, and I can't help doing that now. Of course, it also means that I'm too nice to ask girls out usually, but after taking a big risk and actually asking one out, it paid off. I'm one of those guys that's really nice once you get to know me. ;)

19. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    Oh, yes, that's me. I've rarely been able to bring myself to ask a girl out (only really did it once, for the Prom. That actually turned out quite well).

20. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000
    Reading through this thread, I'm agreeing with Thomas Fett and Riding

I think you forgot:
    Disadvantages of MR NICE GUY - May not think of him "like that" until its too late you've screwed your life up and ruined him for every other woman on the planet.

lol, [face_laugh] Ain't that the truth ;) No guy is ever number 1 forever, if he was bale to be a type-1 in every relationship he was ever in (Assuming, of course that he was in more than one ;) :p ), it would completely void and negate the whole essence of being a type-1. once bitten, twice shy, right? But, live and learn. [face_blush] [face_plain]

21. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    One more from the old days.

22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I be #8... :p

23. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    The kind of boyfriend I'd be:

Advantages-tries to be sensitive, sweet, caring, loves her more than himself. Somewhat smart and creative(though pretty forgetful).

Disadvantages-probably forgets important dates and things, not the greatest looking guy in the world. :p

24. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I'm 1 and 8, mixed together. At least, that's what I'd like to think.

25. Tupolov

Tupolov Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 24, 2002
    I'd probably be the OLD MAN one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.