main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tyrannical actions

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by Indecent, Oct 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harry_Hill

Harry_Hill Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 29, 2002
    Harry_Hill: Of course Indecent started it, by labelling the actions as tyrannical.

Yyyyyeeees ..... but my point is it doesn't matter who started it; the onus is on you as the mod to diffuse it.

If you can find a better solution, go for it. I don't see that there is one.

You also shouldn't really throw the towel in after about 6 posts, should you?

2. LadyVader81

LadyVader81 Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 2, 2001
    If anyone from the Repbulic of Ireland wants a Republic of Ireland board.

There needs to be three people to request it to Darth_Asabrush the British Isles RSA.

3. green_cross_code

green_cross_code Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 11, 2000
    "You also shouldn't really throw the towel in after about 6 posts, should you?"

Which would you rather? That we stay on this insane merry-go-round going nowhere?

I have no more influence in FF matters than you do. All I have been doing is trying to get the facts straight, and then explaining my opinion on the matter.

To summarise my opinion:

1. I don't think the British Isles group can be named any more appropriately.

2. Of course Ireland and Britain are separate entities.

3. Yes, Ireland should have its own board, and so too should England, in my opinion.

4. It is absurd to suggest that the current situation is down to 'tyranny,' which is what Indecent has proclaimed.

That's it.

Whatever is decided upon from here is none of my business.

4. Indecent

Indecent Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2002
    Why? Why should we have to request our thread back? Why should we request our board back from a british mod!? This is sickening. its like an old boys club. I'm sorry if i don't know the secret hand shake, but face it... I have raised a valid point here. Due to the polictal instabilities in the area, this action of removing these boards has worsened the situation, and your replies have been nothing short of disgraceful.

5. ramble

ramble Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2002
    hey Indecent I'm with you here, I just think that would of been a better way for the mods to deal with the situation instead of resorting to thier childish actions that is nothing short of pathetic, and also taking the topic off track

The board should never of been deleated its not right. But someone ignored a sensative issue

6. Indecent

Sep 7, 2002
    I know ramble, I appreciate the support man. It just seems that if an administrator or mod does some you disagree with, that speaking out about it makes you wrong. They have a whole band wagon wanting to impress them that jump on, and start accusing you of trolling/spamming, and they always stick together, even when they are in the wrong. But hey, what do the feeling of an irishman mean on these message boards, eh? We're only people, not mods... we don't count.

7. ramble

ramble Jedi Youngling

Oct 3, 2002
    One Mod didn't think about deleting a board that could cause serious upset of a vastly political nature and the rest of them cover his back. And like you say we get the ass kissers coming over and helping them out because they want thier fancy colours.

And like I say a civil explanation of why it was done in the firstplace and and admitance of been wrong or just saying it will be put back would of avoided all this, but no they make you go around other threads only to be told your spamming.

Damn all the immature fools, lets see which one is big enough to stand up and admit that they are in the wrong

8. Carter-TFN

Carter-TFN Ex-Staff, Admin Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 24, 2001
    There was an entire discussion about the topic here.

Anyhow, I can't agree with the statement that your opinion doesn't count as LV81 mentioned how an Republic of Ireland FF board can be reestablished.

9. Az-Azzameen

Az-Azzameen Jedi Knight star 5

May 24, 2002
    Ah...get over it! :p ;)

10. Indecent

Sep 7, 2002
    Carter, that statement took place in a british isles board. One I refuse to frequent anymore.

11. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    Then go to the European board or indeed here and ask for an Irish board.
    Come on man, the changes were notified in advance. It's hard enough getting the folks here to understand propper issues as it is, threads like this don't help.

The changes that are happening, including the aforementioned deletions, are a step in the process to create a propper BIFF section. One where more then on group can exist. Where it cannot be monopolised by the same unfriendly folk 24/7.

All your doing here is strengthening the bitch cliques position.

12. Carter-TFN

May 24, 2001
    There's nothing I nor anyone else can do about your refusal to visit a board where the issue took place. In any event, the instructions to reestablish the board is placed entirely before you. I think Darth Asabrush and the other FF admins can assist you better from here on.

13. Indecent

Sep 7, 2002
    As I remember, this is the correct place to request a forum in the first place... this can be considered my reinstatement request. And since you said it yourself both here and at the JC, this is a Fan Force matter, and its in the right place.

14. Carter-TFN

May 24, 2001
    Yes, but as stated above, there needs to be 3 members to start up a new FF chapter.

15. Indecent

Sep 7, 2002
    Oh... and I thought I'd try and see the other side here, and read that thread... where Asabrush said this:
    "Too late. The boards have been deleted.
    I'm sorry if people think I have acted too fast but I felt it was the right thing to do."

How kind :mad:

16. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Indecent, you need to calm down and reread this thread with a level head. From the start you are angry and that doesn't help anything, it doesn't give you clear judgement. If you had read the thread Carter posted a link to before you went on this rant there would never have been a need for this thread. Darth_Asabrush the RSA for the British Isles wanted everyone's imput on the reorganization of the region, if you had a problem with the forum being deleleted that was the time to speak up. With the reorganization of the British Isles they are going to be structured like the rest of FanForce, which they weren't doing. Like someone said prior in the thread, you need to have three people to show interest for a forum. But in the reorganization of the BI, city chapters or county chapters are going to start up, not a forum for an entire country.

17. Indecent

Sep 7, 2002
    Unfortunatly, Irish poster do not spend 24/7 on these board, there are more than 3 of us, and we post like we live, casually. It'll take time for this to filter through.

18. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    This is casual?? :confused:

19. Indecent

Sep 7, 2002
    I'm a lurker. I have nothing better to do in work. Well I could actually work, but i don't see that happening anytime soon. So I just surk here and there. Spend most of my time in comms.

20. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    So because you have nothing better to do at work,you decide to bitch and moan about the Mods??

That makes no sense.

If you are that unhappy with the way things work around here,why do you bother to post here?

21. Indecent

Sep 7, 2002
    So you suggest I stand by and let thing go to hell? Sure. Thats a good idea.

22. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    No! I suggest that if your unhappy here,stop posting here!

23. Indecent

Sep 7, 2002
    Ah, the old admin lackey stance of "If you don't like it, bugger off"... once more, the friendly, welcoming and helpful side of FF/JC people shows.

24. TK7771

Jul 22, 2001
    hey we would probably be more welcomeing to you if you showed a little bit of respect and didnt act so childish.

If your that up on getting a forum,do what they recommended.Get 3 people to post interest and get the board created.Bitching and complaining about mods and admins aint helping your case!!

25. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    "Spend most of my time in comms."

The surgeon general should put out a warning about that...bad for your long term enjoyment of this place.

I think I can understand your anger, returning to the forums and finding your home base deleted, and there is a certain pride to be had (in FF circles anyway) in having your home represented. The British Isles Regional Category has always been sort of an oddball place, as forums were created randomly as people wanted each region with their own forum, but then only posted in the main discussion one. This left these hardly used forums open to "vacationers" and other non-residents. To top that off, there was only one "official" group in the whole region representing the whole region...this leading to several orgaizational problems, etc etc dead horse who's already been beaten.

In comes Darth_Asabrush who wants to fix the root problems...the main one being expelling the spammers and reorganizing the FF-UK/BIFF club into smaller ones, so there's more representation at the City Rep level and more easily organized events. Through admin discussions, then brought back to the main thread in the BI forum, it was determined that instead of just randomly creating forums for countries, whether they are used or not, people in that region would follow the well worn guidelines that everyone else has used: 3 people year round residents expressing interest in a forum (forum created), then have 3 meetings with 3 or more attendees become an official FF Chapter, centered around a town or local region and not a country. What usually occurs down the road would be the creation of a country wide discussion forum whent there were a handful of city forums already created.

My suggestion was to nuke all the forums and start from scratch, but D_A and those United Island Residents participating in the discussion determined that certain forums were already busy enough with residents to warrant their remaining open. Sure it probably wasn't 100% perfect, but it is what was decided by the group of users with D_A (not the non-Island admins)...and everything easliy fixable.

So at this point I have two suggestions...log off from the computer and get a glass of your favorite beverage and cool off for a minute or two, then contact your other countrymen/women and start a new thread asking for a Whatevertown, Ireland forum. Channel your anger into making an official FF chapter before anyone else in your region does, meeting in a bar and ranting about having your forum deleted would count as a meeting as long as 2 other FF users attend.

Anyway, FanForce is about creating clubs (off the boards) and most importanly, having fun...not (un)intentionally pissing off an entrie country. While I'm technically on leave of abscene from my own RSAing duties, I haven't been demoted, so I'm more than capable of re-creating your forum whenever...and will happily do so as long as you don't mind the fact of my extensive British ancestory. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.