1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

SWRPF Archive Tython: The Force Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by DarthXan318, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Lahmien Jedi Knight

star 1
    IC:Ivo Agrippa
    The Vale Bar

"One does not need to break the backs of the weak in order to make them bow." This opinion was stated by a familiar looking older man at the back of the room.

Clasping his hands behind his back as the man finished, Ivo pondered his words for a moment. "While too aggressive a show of force is waste, an example is always needed to display ones strength." He looked down inquisitively at the man. "Wouldn't you agree?" A member of the wait staff approached with a large mug of some bubbling concoction but immediately stopped in his tracks as Ivo cut him a wicked glance.

In his mind he went over the preliminary information he had gathered about the assembled crowd. Pyr Reconn, an artist who at this very moment was absent-mindedly doodling in this meeting. Nothing more of note was listed in his background. Though he had not seen it in person it was rumored that he could tremendously increase his speed. Heath Torkin a student, he of the two intrigued Ivo as it was said that he had abilities not dissimilar from his own. The eldest member of the group, Varus who he was unable to determine any further information, a fact that troubled him, exuded a quiet strength and bearing that the others lacked. He knew nothing of his ability but he could not get passed the fact that he seemed so familiar.

TAG: The Bogan
  2. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Alrighty... as promised, the rest of the update! I believe that's now only Galaxies who's yet to check in and he hasn't logged in for a few days now... so we'll move on soon.

By the way, blubeast, I imagine you don't need telling but feel free to reply to Sathel any way you like. :p

Alec Grazer, Conrad Fae, Alana Cha-Rikki

Gardens, Conclave Campus

"We all shape the future in our own way," Jed said with a quiet smile of her own. "If not here at the Conclave, somewhere else - everything ultimately comes back to the Ashla, as our philosophers say." This was said with a nod to Alec. "But I was going to give Conrad and Alana a tour, starting with our new gallery - Alec, would you like to come along?"

TAG: Sarge221, Hammurabi, Ktala

Gaeriel Barento, Lyceus Eltotsira, Takla Foo

Gallery, Conclave Campus

Alvarez gave off the aura of being a scatterbrained professor, until one looked into his eyes and realized that sharp gaze missed very little. Right now it was settled on Takla, his expression a bit rueful, as the shy artist backed up and just nodded in response.

Lyceus was charming as usual, however, and the Professor turned to him. "Oh, of course, of course," he said, waving a hand dismissively. "Our research might be what gets us funding, but what would we be without the arts? Not here, that's for sure."

TAG: Galaxies, greyjedi125, BrentusofGath

Ivo Agrippa, Pyr, Reconn, Heath Torkin, Varus Beleikov

The Vale Bar

Antur glanced restlessly between the men as they spoke, but did not interrupt as they all had their say. His gaze settled briefly on the silent Heath, but along with the rest of the room he turned to Varus when the older man spoke.

"That's it exactly." Antur grinned darkly, nodding. "What we need to do is demonstrate that we're not going to stand for this testing nonsense."

He placed both palms flat on the table, leaning down. "This is what I propose," he said. "Sathel Arms. My ... sources ... tell me that they make the testing equipment, and that the next shipment is due this afternoon. I propose we go in and destroy it before it gets to the Conclave. We can do it without hurting anyone." Much - the unsaid word hung in the air.

TAG: Lord_Lahmien, Dubya_Scott, darth_nemisis, Winged_Jedi
    />/>
    />/>
  3. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Alec Grazer
    Conclave Campus, Gardens

"We all shape the future in our own way. If not here at the Conclave, somewhere else - everything ultimately comes back to the Ashla, as our philosophers say."

This was from Jed Vindezya, who Alec now looked to and, at her statement, his smile transformed more into a grin as he gave her a nod. "So they say." Inwardly though, he wished that it wasn't totally so with what his fellow philosophers have spoken, at least not with how things were and what people were doing involving the Ashla.

At the invitation of being brought along on the tour that was being given to Conrad and Alana, Alec once again nodded his head in affirmative. "I suppose I could use a walk. And who knows, I may end up seeing something that I haven't seen yet around the Conclave."

He hoped that he did anyway.

TAG: DarthXan318, Ktala, Hammurabi

OOC:
    Bleh, short posts. A necessary evil at times :_|
  4. blubeast1237 Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Aww, Lady Xan, you know me too well.[face_peace]

IC: Maxil Sylveste
    Conference, Sathel Arms

Sylveste's eyes zipped to the door as it banged open and Deke Sathel, along with Calla Albrecht, came through the door. Both walked in with the attitude of pride and ownership, like they owned the place. The funny part was that they did. Albrecht and Sathel were two of the founders of the Circle, the people that had started this whole pakos.

For better or for worse, there was no turning back now and they would have to take responsibility for the events that were now about to occur.

Tensions were rising, everyone could see that. The Ashla was a controversial topic. Some of Sylveste's closest friends over the years had said that people with the Ashlan curse, as they called it, were freaks of nature and had to be put down. Sylveste had thought the same thing about a year ago. Watching Sathel put some folders on the table, Sylveste smiled as he realized that seeing Sathel again and so soon, his real thoughts surfaced.

He had a limited tolerance for Sathel and his obnoxious games and Albrecht, thought older than him, was still a hot piece of ass. But, in one form or another, he had respect for both of them.

"Maxil, what did I tell you about smoking in the conference rooms?" Sathel said after he had slid the folders to the three men. Albrecht just stood staring out of the window at the passing airspeeders.

Blowing smoke, Sylveste smiled at Sathel through dry eyes. "You told me not to do it." He continued to smoke as he opened the folder. "And...this was the first time we met, Drall." Leaning towards Drall, to inform the kid. "And I told him to go kriff himself. But I've matured since then, right Sathel?"

Tag: Game Matriarch, Nicola, Guns
  5. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Game Matriarch? I like that. :p

Maxil Sylveste, Raffi Drall, Wid Winton

Conference Room, Sathel Arms

"Not that I can see," Deke replied dryly, but his smile took the sting out of the words.

He steepled his fingers. "To business, then. Wid, you might recall that the Conclave requested a meeting with your department to renegotiate production details; apparently the proportions and relative strengths of the various chemicals are not up to spec, or rather, their projected needs have not met reality. I've suggested, and they've agreed, that they show us their facilities so we're better able to understand their requirements.

"You two undoubtedly wondering what that has to do with you," he continued. "The details are contained in those folders, but in short, I have a favour to ask. This testing business has us all on edge; I want to know how exactly it's done. Raffi, you're good with machines: I want you along to see if you can figure out how it works. Maxil, if you can, I'd like you to accompany them as well for added security - hopefully it won't be necessary, but call it a hunch."

The whole spiel was phrased like a request, but there was no doubt in any of their minds that it was anything but. One did not simply refuse Deke Sathel without good reason. His next words confirmed it. "They're expecting you this afternoon. That's also when our next delivery is scheduled, so they'll be able to tell us exactly what changes they want made."

Deke leaned back into his chair, his expression serious. "I realize this is unorthodox," he said softly, "but we must know how it's done. Our people on the inside haven't managed to gain access to their laboratories at all, and even if they did, they lack the expertise to analyse it. I would not ask this of you otherwise.

"Any questions?"

TAG: NickLitYouAFlame, blubeast1237, JEDIGUNSHIP

Alec Grazer, Conrad Fae, Alana Cha-Rikki

Gardens, Conclave Campus

Jed's smile didn't waver, but there was a slight tightening around her eyes at Alec's comment. There were very few truly off-limit areas in the Conclave, and those that were mostly contained sensitive equipment. Like those used to test for Ashla sensitivity. The scientists restricted access to the laboratories mostly in the interest of experimental control, but with the general sentiment towards testing lately, it was a security precaution as well.

"Of course," was all Jed said. She gestured gracefully towards a building not far from their current position, tall enough to be visible through the Garden's foliage. "If you'll follow me, the galleries are just up ahead."

TAG: Sarge221, Hammurabi, Ktala />
    />
  6. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

star 5
    Raffi Drall
    Conference Room, Sathel Arms HQ

Raffi grinned and chuckled. He rocked lightly as Deke spoke. ?Requesting? them to go to some frellin? laboratory. Requesting his ass. This was an order, clear and apparent. He stared grimly at Deke for a moment. He glanced at his companion, the woman, Calla Albrecht. She was pretty hot. He figured she was beyond his years entirely, though. He wrinkled his nose and leaned farther back.

Deke asked,
    "Any questions?" Raffi raised his arm, indicating he had a question. Before he could say a word, his chair tipped. He rolled back out of it in a smooth motion. On his feet, blushing crimson, he asked, ?Uh? how long is this gunna take? I?m supposed to eat dinner with my mom, at some point.? Raffi picked the chair up and replaced it. He stood with his hands braced against the back, his eyes staring through Deke.

Tag: Matriarch Xany, beasty and Guns
  7. blubeast1237 Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Nicola=Genius. The mother bit, pure gold.

Conference, Sathel Arms

Sylveste laughed as Drall fell out of his chair. The kid had too much energy and he was quirky as all hell. But the kid was good at heart, unlike Winton, who was a bastard of malicious intent and Sylveste knew and he would "see" it soon enough.

"Don't worry Drall. Sathel's a fluk'ak, but he's a good guy and we'll get you home to your mama." Patting Drall on the shoulder, Sylveste tucked his sluggy back in its holster and turned to Sathel as his expression turned serious. "Sathel, I need some payment for this. The way you're using me, its almost mercenary-like and I don't mind that, to a certain extent. You know that I'll help your cause here, but I'm missing work and I'm going to need solid creds to make up for it. That's all I ask."

Putting the rest of his cigarra in the wastebag, Sylveste grabbed his folder and walked out of the conference room. They knew the job and they would get right to it, like there was nothing to it.

"Bye Albrecht."

Tag: Game Matriarch, Nicola, Guns
  8. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Thank you very much. :p That Matriarch thing was pretty sweet, yourself.

Raffi Drall
    Conference Room, Sathel Arms HQ

Raffi followed Maxil out of the room, grabbing his folder in the action. When he passed Deke and Calla, he nodded at the former and winked to the latter. He smiled and started towards the door. On a second thought, he considered turning around and asking for payment, along with Maxil. However, he didn?t want to insult of the officer, nor did he need the money. Raffi had half-turned, but spun right back.

Raffi padded up next to Maxil and said,
    ?You?ll have to explain what a kaf?nu and a fluk?ak are one of these times.? He smiled brightly and patted his legs. His cloak bounced around as he strode with the other. He considered glancing back, to see if Wit was following, but he wouldn?t give him the satisfaction if he was. He was still going to knock in some teeth. Maybe once they got away from the building.

Tag: beasty and Guns, Xany
  9. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5
    IC: Pyr Reconn
    Vale Bar

"We can do it without hurting anyone," one of them said after laying out his plan.

Pyr thought for a quick moment before responding. Just the shipment? Not actually killing anyone? He could live with that. He nodded his head slightly and said, "I'm game." He then glanced back at the rest of the group. He was lightly tapping his pencil against the pad in anticipation of the others responses.

TAG: Bogan folks...

(OOC: "Pencil"? That doesn't seem right. What do they use to write, or draw, with in the Star Wars Universe?)

- EDIT: Forgot to mention that some of my responses may be delayed due to recent unexpected computer problems. But, not to worry, I'll still be posting. :)
  10. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Conclave Campus, Gardens

Alec detected something from the unheard voices coming from Jed and he mentally winced. Had he decided to play the game a little too hard there? He was going to have to watch what he said around Jed, especially with how he didn't know much about the young scientist despite his time in the Conclave. He only knew what everyone else knew at the moment. He didn't know if she had her own powers, possibly similar to his.

The philosopher looked over at where Jed was now pointing, a building that he could make out on another end of the gardens. Silently, Alec joined the rest of the little tour group to join in with following Ms Vindezya.

TAG: DarthXan318, Ktala, Hammurabi
  11. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
    Alana Cha-Rikki
    Gardens, Conclave Campus

Alana watched the conversation with interest. Learning to read body languages, especially of other beings was a useful talent. She ]listened to her tourguide.

"We all shape the future in our own way," Jed said with a quiet smile of her own. [i"If not here at the Conclave, somewhere else - everything ultimately comes back to the Ashla, as our philosophers say."[/i]

While Alana was not too sure of the other half of the statement, she did agree with the first part. Jed continued, speaking towards Alec "But I was going to give Conrad and Alana a tour, starting with our new gallery - Alec, would you like to come along?"

Alec nodded his head in affirmative. "I suppose I could use a walk. And who knows, I may end up seeing something that I haven't seen yet around the Conclave."

"Of course," was all Jed said. But her body language suggested she was more than at easy with Alex's statement. She gestured gracefully towards a building not far from their current position, tall enough to be visible through the Garden's foliage. "If you'll follow me, the galleries are just up ahead."

Alana decided to speak up now, if for nothing else, to break the uneasy silence. "These gardens are magnificant. Are they apart of your meditations as well?" she asked. She was also thinking about the test Jed had mentioned. She did not like the idea of tissue sampling one bit. She figured it took a simple machine running over a person, looking for something. But their test was far too ... evasive. She wondered why it too so much. Some of her elders were able to do such, with far less instruments. But, it did take much longer. Alana mused over such thoughts, while she followed Jed and the others.

TAG: DarthXan318, Sarge221, Hammurabi
  12. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Guns has informed me he's away for the weekend, so Wid'll just follow you guys for now.

"You'll be compensated for your time, Maxil, as always," Deke assured the police officer. "You too, Raffi. We take care of our own." Wid was, of course, employed by Sathel Arms and thus already on their payroll.

"Bye Albrecht," Maxil tossed over his shoulder as they left. From her position at the window, Calla merely gave him a half-amused, half-dismissive wave in reply.

In the folders they would find, as promised, details. The exact time the meeting was scheduled for, as well as a projected time-taken of one or two hours. Raffi would get back in plenty of time for dinner. There was a short dossier on the person they were meeting, one Dr. Dejkaz Blith: mid-thirties, male, shortsighted, the head doctor of the Conclave. There was a handwritten note there noting that Dr. Blith was the person overseeing their human trials.

Also contained in the folders were authorization to take one of Sathel Arms' company speeders. The speeder bays were at the bottom of the building.

Alec Grazer, Conrad Fae, Alana Cha-Rikki, Gaeriel Barento, Lyceus Eltotsira, Takla Foo

Gardens, Conclave Campus

"Are they apart of your meditations as well?" Alana asked.

Jed tilted her head at her thoughtfully. "Somewhat. Meditations are more the realm of our philosophers, but the gardens are for all of us. Our own little pocket of nature, away from the cities."

They chatted for a while as they walked. "Here we are," Jed said finally. They entered the gallery, a wide high-ceilinged room with various artworks arrayed along its walls and floor, in the case of some holo-sculptures. "This gallery is our newest - it just opened today - and has a variety of pieces by our artists here at the Conclave."

The four of them spotted Professor Shir Alvarez off to one side, speaking to some people. Alec would recognise Lyceus, Takla and Gaeriel from around the Conclave, but Conrad and Alana would perhaps only be able to recognise the Professor from the newsvids, talking about the Conclave.

For their part, the two artists and Gaeriel saw Jed, Alec and two other unfamiliar people enter the gallery. Professor Alvarez hadn't yet noticed their entry; his back was to the door.

TAG: Sarge221, Hammurabi, Ktala, greyjedi125, BrentusofGath, Galaxies />

... make sense? You are all now in the galleries and recognise whoever you might logically have come into contact with before.

Feel free to retcon comments and such from when you were walking in the garden; I don't mean to cut off conversation, merely to move things along. :D/>
  13. BrentusofGath Jedi Master

star 4
    IC - Takla Foo
    Art gallery

Takla noticed professor Alvarez and Lyceus both make overtures to her, which turned her insides to jelly, but she planted her feet firmly on the floor... and looked down at her shoes, taking a large gulp in the process. Hopefully she wouldn't be the center of attention, although that wink from Lyceus was likely to get him a punch in the breadbasket for his troubles if he wasn't careful. Takla wasn't out to make friends and she certainly wasn't out to be wooed by another artist, no matter how fantastic his art was.

Diplomatically looking around for the nearest exit, Takla noticed the gallery doors open and watched, nearly trembling, as more people entered. One she vaguely recognized from around the campus.

Without thinking, Takla's stylus in her pants pocket began levitating - writing was her way of reducing stress. Before she could grab it, the instrument had slithered up the side of her blouse and she jerked uncomfortably as her hand managed to block it before it could move any further.

Blushing, she nodded curtly at professor Alvarez. "Excuse me," she said and headed toward the nearest fresher.

"Stupid, stupid," Takla repeated in the fresher as she removed the stylus from her undergarments. "Why don't you just take out an advertisement in the campus news: 'Insecure female, does poorly in crowds, seeks everyone to constantly watch her!'"

Splashing some water in her face, Takla took some deep breaths to center herself and imagined what she would write in the evening when she was back in her room.

Tag: any
  14. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

star 5
    Raffi Drall
    Sathel Arms HQ

Raffi flipped open his dossier and scanned the details. Lot?s of boring information, there. He skimmed over that and found at the bottom and authorization for them to take a company speeder. Raffi grinned mischievously. He had seen a few company speeders. They were nice rides. Raffi flipped the folder closed and looked at Maxil, ?Looks like we get to take a joyride in one of their corporate speeders. Should be a fun trip.? He nodded knowingly in Wit's direction.

Raffi padded to the lift. With rough hands, he slapped the down button. He hummed to himself lightly, waiting for the lift. When it came, he let out two people and joined another man. Raffi held the door for both his ?partners?. He pushed the button for the speeder bays.

Tag: Beasty, Xany and Guns
  15. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
    Alana Cha-Rikki
    Gardens, Conclave Campus

"Are they apart of your meditations as well?" Alana asked in curiosity, as they walked through the gardens. Jed tilted her head at her thoughtfully. "Somewhat. Meditations are more the realm of our philosophers, but the gardens are for all of us. Our own little pocket of nature, away from the cities."

"Ah..." Alana replied softly. They chatted for a while as they walked. Soon they were at a new building. "Here we are," Jed said finally. They entered the gallery, a wide high-ceilinged room with various artworks arrayed along its walls and floor, in the case of some holo-sculptures. "This gallery is our newest - it just opened today - and has a variety of pieces by our artists here at the Conclave."

Alana noticed that there were others here as well, but she had never met any of them before. Suddenly, one of them, a young girl, took off from the room as if a sand beast was chasing her, and exited the galley. Well, THAT was strange. What a welcome. At any note, Alana began to explore, walking around the galley as she looked at the beautiful bits of artwork. Some seemed transfixed in both time and space, as they floated, all very beautiful and breathtaking. As Alana walked around the gallery, she thought about what Jed had said about the testing once more. She did not know how the others might feel, but she was rather glad that a test to 'confirm' such abilities like Ashla, was a bit more difficult. As its usage was becoming more known every day, it seemed to make some people nervous.

More importantly...would the test work on her? It might not work, and give more information than she intended to at the moment. She would have to think about it some more. She began to look at the beautiful pieces of art, as she hummed softly to herself.

TAG: Sarge221, Hammurabi, greyjedi125, BrentusofGath, Galaxies
  16. blubeast1237 Force Ghost

star 5
    Sathel Arms

Sylveste smiled at the kid as he stepped onto the lift, accompanied by Winton and Drall. Pressing B1, the basement parking garage, and adjusting his uniform, Sylveste opened the folder again when he felt more comfortable. It already had the time and the person they were going to meet with, a Dr. Dejkaz Blith. Wow, weird name. Sathel must have foresight too, because that was the only way in hell that he would have known that Sylveste would've agreed to these terms.

As with anyone, he didn't like being told what to do, but Sathel knew Sylveste. He knew that the man loved creds and knew that that was the way he could bargain with him. At times, he almost felt compelled to do things when he was around Sathel, almost like a monster was on his back, edging him on to obey. Of course, he would ignore that monster, but didn't deny that it had been there. Sylveste found himself at odd times contemplating what Deke Sathel's "special gift" was.

Shaking this moment off, the officer turned to Winton and then to Drall. These guys were in okay shape. He didn't know how their stamina was, but he doubted that he would have to carry them if things got dangerous. Which the dossier had been vague on. None of them knew how this meeting had been arranged or the feelings that the Prepboys were having to this. Nevertheless, it had been approved and he could wonder about it all he wanted, nothing was going to change. He would do the job, these guys would help, and that would be the end of this.

It was never was that simple.

The lift touched down smoothly and they all stepped off, allowing more suits to get on. Sylveste looked around before opening the dossier once again. The company speeders all looked the same, the only thing that designated them were their security numbs. After walking past several speeders and peering into windows, Sylveste found the loaned skim and hopped in. Not waiting for the others to get in, Sylveste started it up and grinned as it hummed at a strangely silent tempo.

"I'm driving. Mainly because I don't trust you, Drall, to get us there without blowing all the way to hell." Sylveste chuckled with a grin at the two.

Tag: Nicola, Guns

Security Numbs: License Plates
    Skim: Speeder
    Prepboys: Nickname for for the Ashlan Conclave inhabitants, because of their campus-like base.
  17. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Alright, moving the Bogan folks along a lil bit...

Dubya, I'm pretty sure they have some fancy name for a "pencil" in SW, but it escapes me so we'll just call it that. :p [EDIT: It's "stylus" - thanks Brentus for the info! Pen/pencil = stylus, so stylus it is then.]

Ivo Agrippa, Pyr Reconn, Heath Torkin, Varus Beleikov

The Vale Bar

"I'm game," Pyr said, glancing around. He was lightly tapping his stylus against the pad in anticipation of the others responses; Juris glanced at him, then away, her expression unreadable.

"Alright," Antur said. He grinned. "Alright - here's what we do -"

"How exactly are you going to do this, Antur?" Juris interrupted. She fixed her brother with a challenging stare, her arms crossed. "It's not like you lot can walk in there and start smashing things with your bare hands."

Antur's grin didn't waver. "We won't be." He strode open to the other door in the room - the one not leading to the 'public' area of the Vale Bar - and threw it open. On the other side was a storeroom stacked with suspiciously unmarked crates ... Antur popped the seal on one of them and lifted out its contents.

It was a slugthrower rifle. Specifically, one of the more recent models manufactured by Sathel Arms, guaranteed to pack enough of a punch to go through anything but military-grade armour plating. There were enough crates in there to outfit a dozen people with weapons.

18. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Ok then. "Stylus". Thanks, Xan. Oh, and thanks for posting. The Vale Bar was beginning to get a little too quiet.

IC: Pyr Reconn
    The Vale Bar

Pyr watched as the man opened the door to reveal some sort of storeroom full of crates. "Is that what I think it is?" Pyr stood up and placed the stylus behind his ear, then slid the pad halfway under the back of his belt so that the top of the pad could be seen above the seat of his pants.

He walked over to the open door as the contents were revealed. "Very nice," he said smiling.

TAG: All at the Vale Bar...
  19. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

star 5
    Raffi Drall
    Speeder Bay, Sathel Arms HQ

Raffi stopped before their speeder. He wrinkled his nose. It was? stock. He hadn?t expected much, but a stock T-38? It was like Deke didn?t know Raffi at all, or knew him all too well. Raffi glanced at the other speeders. Down the line he glimpsed a shiny, new, Renault 425. Raffi nearly drooled at the sight. They weren?t supposed to be on the market for at least three weeks. Raffi knew this as fact, because he was receiving the first one.

Apparently not. Deke must have more connections than Raffi thought. Raffi glanced enviously at the sleek design of the Renault. He compared it to the dull shape of the T-series speeder. None whatsoever. Raffi raised his eyebrow and took a step away from the speeder.

He scratched his chin and asked of Maxil,
    ?Hey, you sure you got the info right? Because, I?m pretty sure that one down there is ours.? Raffi pointed at the 425. He blinked slowly, beckoning Maxil away from their intended ride.

Tag: beasty, Guns
  20. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6

Maxil led Raffi and Wid over to their designated speeder. Not waiting for the others to get in, he hopped into the driver's seat and powered it up. Raffi, though, didn't think much of the vehicle they'd been assigned - he was eyeing the brand-new Renault 425 a little way down the line, a model that wasn't even supposed to be out yet.

"Hey, you sure you got the info right? Because, I?m pretty sure that one down there is ours," he called to Maxil.

Of course, Maxil had gotten the info right. He was sitting in the correct speeder, evidenced by how it had started up at his touch in the first place. Moreover, when he looked at the Renault 425 and thought about taking it instead, he got an uneasy feeling at the pit of his stomach. A very uneasy feeling.

O:)
  21. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

Game Host
    star 8
    OOC: I'm back from vacation.

IC: Wid Winton

Wid looked at Drall; he was like a child at the candy store, looking at the new model speeder. He shook his head in disbelief; the kid would land them in trouble. being an employee of Sathel Arms, Wid knew that his job could be jeopordized by making such a bad move. Sylveste and Drall were different; they were not employed by the compnay, so they had more lee-way than he did. You just don't get it, Drall..

TAG: Blu, Nick
  22. Sarge221 Force Ghost

star 5
    Conclave Campus, Gallery

"Here we are."

It was something new, Alec allowed as he looked around the room at the works of art that made up the gallery. Like the gardens that they had moved from, the artwork possessed its own beauty, though more artificial then natural. It didn't stop Alec from admiring the work that the multiple artists that were part of the Conclave were able to create.

The philosopher stopped viewing the art for the moment when he noticed that he and the others weren't the only ones in the gallery. Alec was able to recognize them, most prominently Professor Alvarez; the Head Administrator of the Conclave. Lyceus and Gaeriel were two others that he's seen around the Conclave, the former he knew as a holoartist that made Alec wonder if one of these artworks that were displayed were one of his, but the latter he didn't know much about other then she being a merchant. The fourth one, Takla, who was now running off to disappear somewhere, Alec knew as well as an artisan.

They seemed to be engrossed in a conversation of their own for the moment, so Alec just returned his gaze to the variety of artworks. He didn't seem to be the only one to be interested in the arts either, as he noticed the young woman that he was introduced to in the gardens, Alana, wandering around as she viewed them.

Debating on whether to approach her, Alec decided to do so and took a few steps over to Alana and it was then that he heard her humming to herself.

"Beautiful, aren't they?" Alec questioned once he reached her, looking from the surrounding artwork to her.

TAG: Ktala, DarthXan318, Hammurabi, Galaxies, BrentusofGath, greyjedi125
  23. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

star 5
    OOC: Damn, Xany. You got me.
  24. Ktala Force Ghost

star 6
    Alana Cha-Rikki
    Gallery, Conclave Campus

She began to look at the beautiful pieces of art, as she hummed softly to herself. As she strolled from the various pieces of artwork, she heard a voice nearby.

"Beautiful, aren't they?" Alana turned to see it was Alec who was speaking to her. She turned, offering a small smile.

"Yes, they are quite lovely. I am wondering how some of them were made so complex, and lifelike...they are breathtaking." she said, giving him a small nod. She then looked towards the cluster of people who were already in the gallery when they had entered.

"I wonder... if any of them are the artists who created some of these works?" she added, looking over curiously.

TAG: Sarge221, Hammurabi, greyjedi125, BrentusofGath, Galaxies
  25. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Nick - I try. ;)

I understand we have some people on holiday, and that's fine, but if you're around try to pick up your tags quickly... the sooner you do, the sooner things will get more interesting. [face_mischief] If you've managed to fall behind already, send me a PM and we'll work it out.

Alec Grazer, Conrad Fae, Alana Cha-Rikki, Gaeriel Barento, Lyceus Eltotsira

Gallery, Conclave Campus

Alec and Alana had both wandered off to look around. Conrad seemed less interested, however, so Jed turned to him and said, "I'll introduce you to Professor Alvarez, shall I? He's our head administrator, you might've seen him on the newsvids... Professor!"

Takla had bolted off to the fresher with a hurried, "Excuse me." Professor Alvarez's expression was definitely rueful as he watched her go, but polite as always, he did not comment. He did, however, turn around when Jed called. "Ah, Jed - good of you to join us -"

"This is Conrad," Jed introduced for the second time that day. Alec and Alana were still close enough to overhear her words; the gallery was not noisy. "He's here from Tython University, scheduled to take the test tomorrow. Conrad, this is Professor Alvarez, Gaeriel, and Lyceus. You'll see Lyceus' name on some of our pieces here - particularly Awakening, over there."

TAG: Sarge221, Hammurabi, Ktala, greyjedi125, Galaxies

Takla Foo

Fresher, Conclave Campus

There were other people in the fresher, but none of them gave Takla any strange looks. Or paid any attention to her, for that matter, but whether that would serve to calm her or reinforce her insecurity was anyone's guess.

TAG: BrentusofGath

Ivo Agrippa, Pyr Reconn, Heath Torkin, Varus Beleikov

The Vale Bar

Pyr rose and walked over to the open door. "Very nice," he said, smiling.

"Aren't they?" Antur said with satisfaction. He tossed Pyr the rifle and heaved over the crate so the artist could grab the rest of its contents if he so wished: spare ammo belts, a carrying sling, even a silencer. Everything one would need to use the rifle to maximum effect.

"There's plenty to go around," the Bogan demagogue announced. "Grab one and let's go."

/>/>

/>/>
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.