1. Oh hai Guest!

    Welcome to the RPF!

SWRPF Archive Tython: The Force Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by DarthXan318, Jul 31, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Sep 12, 2002
    star 6
    In that case, I'll take the liberty of moving the Conclave folks along a bit. Hammurabi, feel free to jump back in whenever you're able.


    Alec Grazer, Conrad Fae, Alana Cha-Rikki, Lyceus Eltotsira

    Gallery, Conclave Campus

    Alana had walked away from Lyceus and Alec, finding herself a quiet bench to sit on while admiring the artwork. For their part, the two men were polite enough not to follow her and continue the discussion, although from Alec's raised eyebrows he - and perhaps Lyceus as well - found her words perplexing at best.

    "Shall we continue our tour?" Jed's voice interrupted Alana's reverie. The Codru-Ji turned to see the scientist and Conrad approaching her, along with Professor Alvarez. "Perhaps I could show you the main hall, or we could get something to eat -"

    "Oh, don't show them the boring stuff, Jed," Alvarez interrupted brightly. "What about the research labs? I'm surprised you haven't dragged them there yet; it is your area of expertise."

    Jed only sighed. Alvarez continued as if she hadn't reacted at all. "I might tag along to that, actually - I'm meant to show up there later, but I'm not busy at the moment. I could also answer any questions you might have about us here at the Conclave - Alana, I believe you've got an appointment for later, but there's no reason we can't chat beforehand."

    His eyes twinkled as he glanced at Lyceus and Alec, still close enough to be within earshot. "Erisi will have my hide for rescheduling things on the fly, but there it is. You're both welcome to come along as well, of course," he added as an afterthought.

    Jed turned an enquiring gaze upon Conrad and Alana. As the guests here, the choice was theirs; Alec and Lyceus were free to join the tour as well, or indeed try to influence their choice of destination if they so wished.

    TAG: Sarge221, Hammurabi, Ktala, greyjedi125


    (What I mean here, albeit in a slightly poorly-phrased way, is that Jed and Alvarez are willing to show you around to wherever in the Conclave, including but not limited to the main hall, cafeteria, or research labs. Conrad and Alana would naturally have the final say re: the next stop, but Alec and Lyceus can tag along and/or speak out for/against a particular location if you feel like it.)


    Circle folks - nice crash. ;) MedSkims, huh?

    Maxil Sylveste, Raffi Drall, Wid Winton

    Speeder Crash, Freeway

    Tython's emergency services were quick. The high whine of the MedSkim sirens cut through the air not minutes after the crash, and in no time white-uniformed medics were rushing to assist the crash victims - of which there were numerous.

    "Take it easy," one medic said, quickly crouching by Raffi. "Are you hurt?"

    Another medic had reached the wrecked Sathel Arms speeder - mercifully unmarked, for Sathel Arms Employees Involved In Speeder Crash was the last headline any of them would want to see on the evening news - and was reaching out to Wid and Maxil. "You guys alright?" he called. "Hang on, we'll get you out."

    Both medics had the harried, focused air of trained professionals in a crisis situation. They were the type to insist on treating any injury they found, but would leave the three men alone if convinced - whether by reality or by Wid's special talent - that they were alright. Especially since there were more wounded around.

    TAG: NickLitYouAFlame, blubeast1237, JEDIGUNSHIP
  2. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

    Game Host
    Member Since:
    May 20, 2008
    star 8
    IC: Wid Winton

    Wid hardly realized that the Medskim emergency workers were talkign to him, because he had lost the packet. Not only would the fact that they crashed be bad on the front page of the paper, but the fact that he had lost the packet; that was a double-whammy that could cost him. Quickly, he turned to a worker looking at the wrecked speeder and said "You can go along on your business. You will go check out the other speeders."

    The worker looked at him and repeated what Wid had said. Then, he got up and called his crew over to another wrecked speeder.

    "Man that was annoying," Wid said, spitting on the ground. However, as he remembered the packet, he frantically searched, not finding it under the seat. Where had it gone? What were they going to do?

    TAG: Nick, Beasty
  3. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 27, 2007
    star 5
    Raffi Drall
    Highway, Base of the Speeder Crash


    Raffi?s eyes shot around as Wit sent the medical guys away. He quickly snapped the fingers on his uninjured hand. He pointed at one of the workers and said, ?Not you. You?ve gotta set my arm.? The worker spun around and walked to concede with Raffi?s wish. He walked around behind Raffi and tenderly touched the skin. Raffi winced and the man grabbed his wrist and said, ?This is probably going to hurt extremely badly.?

    Raffi nodded an scrunched his eyes tight. He held his breath. Raffi gasped at the crack that resonated. He barely felt it, though. Still, he couldn?t stop the tears from forming in his eyes. He blinked and breathed heavily. Raffi grunted and said, ?Now get me some medicine and wrap this up.?

    The Medskim worker silently obeyed the order. Raffi gently lowered himself down to sit on a piece of rubble. His ass hurt. Raffi frowned. But, realistically, this wasn?t his worse crash. He had been in one that had seen him with both legs broken and a sever concussion. Actually, now that he thought about it, it felt like he had a concussion now. He put his left hand to his head and sighed.

    His right arm was quickly swelling, so he raised it slowly. Luckily, the worker came back quickly, with a medical droid, this weird white liquid material and some tape. Raffi clicked his tongue on the top of his mouth. The Medskim emergency guy said, ?Alright, go ahead and stick your arm in here.? He gestured to the long bowl of white stuff. Raffi obliged without protest. He knew the drill. The white liquid was some highly advanced cast thing. It had some nutrient that helped your arm heal in record times.

    Raffi dunked his arm into the bowl with the utmost care. He flinched once at the cold, but settled down. The stuff was supposed to set itself in a few minutes. It reacted well with skin, or something. Raffi shrugged. It didn?t really matter, since it worked. While he was waiting, Raffi looked over at Wit. He seemed intent on finding something. Maybe that paper notebook information. Raffi?s eyes searched the wreckage.

    He glimpsed the edge of some papers under the steering wheel. To Raffi, the fact that steering wheel was twenty yards away from the speeder was more interesting than his discovery of the packet. Still, Witty might want to know where it was. He whistled. Raffi wrinkled his nose and pointed, saying, ?Hey, Wit, check over there.? Raffi turned away immediately, because his cast was done. He nodded his approval and the man jabbed a syringe into his arm.

    After Raffi was pumped with painkillers and regenerative meds, he stood up. Raffi motioned for the guy to leave and he walked over to the speeder. He nudged the destroyed craft with his foot and turned to Maxil. He smirked and sarcastically commented, ?I told you we should?ve taken the Renault.? Raffi chuckled, which turned into a full laugh. He couldn?t contain it. The other victims of the crash were glancing over nervously. That made him laugh even harder. When he calmed down, he asked Maxil, still smiling, ?How are you holding up, bud??


    Tag: Beasty and Guns
  4. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Alana Cha-Rikki
    Gallery, Conclave Campus

    "Shall we continue our tour?"


    The voice calling Alana back to present thoughts. She turned and looked. Jed's and Conrad approaching her, along with Professor Alvarez. "Perhaps I could show you the main hall, or we could get something to eat -"

    Before Alana could reply, Alvarez's voice chimed up. "Oh, don't show them the boring stuff, Jed," Alvarez interrupted brightly. "What about the research labs? I'm surprised you haven't dragged them there yet; it is your area of expertise."

    Alana frowned slightly.

    Jed only sighed. Alvarez continued as if she hadn't reacted at all. "I might tag along to that, actually - I'm meant to show up there later, but I'm not busy at the moment. I could also answer any questions you might have about us here at the Conclave - Alana, I believe you've got an appointment for later, but there's no reason we can't chat beforehand."

    For some reason, that statement seemed to set her nerves on edge, thought she couldnt quite figure out why. His glanced at Lyceus and Alec, still close enough to be within earshot. "Erisi will have my hide for rescheduling things on the fly, but there it is. You're both welcome to come along as well, of course," he added as an afterthought.

    Jed turned an enquiring gaze upon Conrad and Alana. Alana stood as she turned to speak with Jed. "If you dont mind, I think I could do with a bit of a meal. It would go well, on improving my mood, and clearing my head abit, I believe." she added with a small smile. She really DIDNT want to hear him babbling on at the moment. And a bite to eat really DID sound good.

    "It couldnt hurt." she added with a soft chuckle.


    TAG: GM, Sarge221, Hammurabi, greyjedi125
  5. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 28, 2003
    star 4

    The Vale Bar

    "Don't you lot have any spine? I thought we said we were going to change things. Change the world. This is where it starts!"

    Those words sent a stir through the assembled men. They carried with them a power that did not go unnoticed by Varus. He had never before met another who used the Ashla for the purposes of persuasion.

    He felt an odd, almost childish compulsion to try and beat Kilvaari at his own game.

    "Why don't you want to do this?" said the artist. "You guys have a better plan?"

    "Yes," said Varus. "Rash action and quick temper lead only to self-destruction. Our group will be exterminated like rodents before we can even make a squeak."

    He got to his feet, allowing the Ashla to amplify his voice and weave a strong resonance through words. He had done this a thousand times before. It was a process of seduction, and whether the audience were composed of political supporters, or close friends, or merely lovers, the result was usually the same. Surrender to his desires.

    "My name is Varus Beleikov, former Premier of Tython."

    The revelation was a necessary risk.

    "I can give our organisation a well known and trusted public face- I can be a respectable symbol for people like us to rally around. Through legitimate means- through pressure on politicians, through public protests, through aiding the community- can we further our cause. And then, only then...need we employ alternative strategies for demonstrating our power."

    "However," he said, and now his words were directed at Kilvaari, "if you proceed with this foolhardy plan, then you lose my support. And the Bogan will never have a voice that people will listen to."

    Tag: All in the bar

  6. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Pyr Reconn
    Vale Bar


    Oblivious to the persuasion tricks at work here, Pyr listened intently to Varus.

    Pyr thought it over in his mind. A former politician; someone who could easily get respect from the citizens...

    Pyr nodded and glanced at the others. "He's got a point."

    TAG: Vale Bar people...
  7. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 4
    Lyceus Eltotsira

    Ashla Conclave, Gallery

    Lyceus remained silent as he took in the weight of Alana's words. She seemed very wise for one so young. His grey eyes never left her as they studied her carefuly until she ended her impromptu discourse, after whic she departed their company.

    "That was a bit insightful wasn't it?" Alec questioned, the polite smile once again on his face.

    "Quite right my friend, quite right..." Lyceus half-answered as he mused on what was just said.

    The grey philosopher was roused from his reverie by a pointed invitation, to the research lab, no less. Lyceus' grey eyes glinted with intrigue and excitement as he reacted to the news.

    "Oh, how could I refuse such a generous invitation. It would simply be bad manners. Of course I shall come along..."

    Lyceus quickly fell into step with the small group, as he worked on keeping his eagerness from showing too intently. It was there, in the research lab where the crux of the matter lay; There where the discoveries into the mysterious world of Ashla were finally laid bare. Just thinking about it gave him chills.

    However, it appeared that they might not be going to the lab right away.

    Alana spoke of perhaps getting a meal. Lyceus found himself agreeing with a supporting nod. He was not hungry, however, breaking bread with his fellows was also something he would enjoy inmensely.

    "please lead the way..." Lyceus put in courteously.

    Tag: Sarge, Ktala, Hammurabi, GM
  8. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Sep 12, 2002
    star 6
    Bogan folks - I'll give Nemisis and Lahmien a couple of days to get their replies in before moving on. Very nice, by the way, Winged ... throw a wrench in my plans, willya... :p


    Maxil Sylveste, Raffi Drall, Wid Winton

    Speeder Crash, Freeway

    The medic that set Raffi's arm looked like he wanted to insist on more thorough medical intervention - like taking Raffi back to the skimmer for a scan and then to the hospital for observation - but Wid's mental suggestion and the more grievously injured people on the scene convinced him to let it go. Both medics withdrew, leaving the three men to their own devices.

    And their ruined speeder.

    It might be interesting to note that a few passers-by had stopped to help, leaving their vehicles unattended. Some of them had not even bothered to lock the doors. If they wanted a more legal course of action, though, there was also a transport station within walking distance where they could likely catch a hovertrain to the Conclave.

    TAG: NickLitYouAFlame, blubeast1237, JEDIGUNSHIP

    Alec Grazer, Conrad Fae, Alana Cha-Rikki, Lyceus Eltotsira

    Gallery, Conclave Campus

    Jed nodded agreeably. "The dining area is across the gardens. If you'll follow me -?"

    The six of them exited the gallery and crossed the gardens. Conrad and Alana might notice that they weren't going along the paved route they had taken from the reception building where they had met Jed, but a narrower sandy trail worn by use rather than design.

    Professor Alvarez kept up a running commentary as they walked. "The Conclave was built in a circle around the gardens, you know," he was saying now. "The designers thought it was apt to put all the different branches of thought in a ring around it - symbolizing an equal commitment to life, if you will. So we have the labs to the north, the galleries and workshops to the east, the dining areas to the south and so on." His tone invited comments from the Conclave members, or questions from the visitors. Or either from both.

    TAG: Sarge221, Hammurabi, Ktala, greyjedi125/>
    />
  9. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

    Game Host
    Member Since:
    May 20, 2008
    star 8
    IC: Wid Winton

    Wid watched as a few passers-by got out of their hovercars and went over to aid those gravely injured in the wreck. He stared at the craft; it would be all too easy to just take one and leave with it, but there was also an inherent risk in doing so. The police could show up, and then he'd be out of a job because Deke wouldn't want a criminal in his organization. Grabbing the papers from under the dashboard, he hastily stuffed them back in the tattered envelope and closed the flap so that they could not slip out.

    As he looked around, he could see a sign for a transportation station only a little ways away; they could catch a hovertrain to the Conclave, which meant that they would get there for the meeting after all. Now, if he could get the other two to follow him, then he would be able to keep his job, and the other two would get some nice incentives for their trouble.

    TAG: Nick, Beasty
  10. Sarge221 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 9, 2006
    star 5
    IC: Alec Grazer
    Conclave Campus, Gardens


    Alec had actually hoped to take a look at the research labs. The tour could've been a good cover to see if he could find anything useful while they were there, perhaps a couple a notes to glance at and find out what, exactly, the researchers looked for to find out who possessed sensitivity to the Ashla among other things. But it seems that that wasn't the point of interest for the moment and Alec thought it may be risky to use his powers to try and change the destination.

    And he was a little hungry. So unable to do anything else, he just nodded his head in silent agreement.

    Back to the gardens they went, with Professor Alvarez speaking of features and the symbolic meaning behind them about the Conclave that Alec already knew about and had probably been influenced by philosophers such as himself. Still the philosopher smiled and nodded politely as Alvarez's commentary.

    TAG: DarthXan318, Hammurabi, greyjedi125, Ktala
  11. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Alana Cha-Rikki
    Gallery, Conclave Campus


    Alana spoke of perhaps getting a meal. Her journey to the Conclave had been a long one, and she really would like a bit to eat. And perhaps even more talk.

    "Please lead the way..." Lyceus said politely to Jed. Alana could see a few disappointed faces. She had a feeling others would have rather gone to the labs. But it could wait.

    Jed nodded agreeably. "The dining area is across the gardens. If you'll follow me -?" Alana nodded and began to follow, as did the others. The six of them exited the gallery and crossed the gardens. Conrad and Alana might notice that they weren't going along the paved route they had taken from the reception building where they had met Jed, but a narrower sandy trail worn by use rather than design. Professor Alvarez kept up a running commentary as they walked. "The Conclave was built in a circle around the gardens, you know," he was saying now. "The designers thought it was apt to put all the different branches of thought in a ring around it - symbolizing an equal commitment to life, if you will. So we have the labs to the north, the galleries and workshops to the east, the dining areas to the south and so on."

    As he droned on, Alana wondered about some of the others. She supposed some were curious, just as she was. Perhaps others had been sent. And those who stayed here. What did they see of themselves for a future?

    Alana decided to voice a question. "So...besides the actual testing of Ashla, what else DO you do here? I mean...is it like some type of Monastery? Or do you just try and see what you can do, manipulating things?" she asked, trying not to look at her other companions as she directed her question to Jed.



    TAG: Sarge221, Hammurabi, greyjedi125, Xan

  12. greyjedi125 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 29, 2002
    star 4
    Lyceus Eltotsira

    Ashla Conclave, Gardens

    Lyceus gladly followed Jed and listened to professor Alvarez running commentary with genuine interest. A Circle is indeed a very powerful symbol, scientifically, culturally and philosophically. The Conclave designers were indeed wise for choosing it. Lyceus continued to listen and was pleasantly surprised when young Alana ventured a question of her own.

    "So...besides the actual testing of Ashla, what else DO you do here? I mean...is it like some type of Monastery? Or do you just try and see what you can do, manipulating things?"

    "You mean there's something ELSE to study besides Ashla at this time?" Lyceus put in, but it was clear by his expression that he was attempting to make a jest, which was something he wasn't very good at. The grey philosopher coughed into his fist and cleared his throat, then looked pointedly at both Jed and professor Alvarez.

    "Well then...*ahem* I believe the young lady here did pose a question, which deserves an answer. Forgive my not-so comical interjection."

    Lyceus placed his hands inside the sleeves of his robe as he placed his arms over his chest and waited for everyone's attention to turn to someone else besides himself.

    Tag: Ktala, Sarge221, Hammurabi, GM
  13. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Sep 12, 2002
    star 6
    Alec Grazer, Conrad Fae, Alana Cha-Rikki, Lyceus Eltotsira

    Gardens, Conclave Campus

    A weak jest it might have been, but Alvarez was a jovial man by nature and laughed nonetheless. Jed smiled politely and answered Alana, "We have all kinds here at the Conclave - most of us here are either scientists or philosophers, some of whom are also artists -" Jed nodded at Lyceus "- and there's a smattering of priests and the occasional visiting scholar.

    "Essentially we're concerned with studying all aspects of the Ashla - what it is, why it exists ..." The young scientist took a careful breath. "It is, also, a bit to do with what we can do, yes. Our philosophers discovered that meditation allows a deeper connection with the Ashla, for instance, thus strengthening our gifts." Jed shrugged and did not elaborate further. "And so on. The test is only one of discoveries we've made, although it is the most high-profile."

    Curiously, Jed did not mention what exactly they had discovered Ashla adepts could do. Undoubtedly many of those at the Conclave - including those assembled - were themselves adepts and could think of a few things.

    TAG: Sarge221, Hammurabi, Ktala, greyjedi125

  14. Hammurabi Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jan 14, 2007
    star 4
    OOC: I'm back. Expect regular updates from here on out, though I expect I'm still going to be moderately busy the next couple days.

    Conrad Fae
    Ashla Conclave - Gardens


    Conrad found himself lost in thought as they walked through the Conclave - more so than usual, even. He felt eager to get on with the test; the possibility of having some kind of special power had been intriguing to him even before he arrived at the Conclave, and now that he was actually on the Ashla grounds, the idea was absolutely tantalizing. He found himself reaching out mentally, trying to pick up on vibes from those around him. Nothing really surprising, and nothing that really proved or disproved whether he was Ashla-sensitive: he predicted that Alana might propose they go to the dining hall, and at one point he thought caught a glimmer of some unusual feeling from Alec, but he couldn't discern any detail, and when he tried to detect it again, he couldn't find anything.

    At that point, Conrad turned his focus back onto the conversation. Professor Alvarez was discussing meditation, and Conrad thought he had an idea of what Alvarez was talking about. Conrad certainly hadn't tried any sort of formal meditation process, but he had found that looking inward was often necessary in order to successfully look outward - his intuition didn't work as well when he was preoccupied with something else. The professor also mentioned other discoveries: "The test is only one of discoveries we've made, although it is the most high-profile."

    His interest piqued, Conrad proposed a question: "What else have you discovered? Anything big?"


    Tag: Sarge221, Xan, Ktala, greyjedi125
  15. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Alana Cha-Rikki
    Ashla Conclave, Gardens

    "So...besides the actual testing of Ashla, what else DO you do here? I mean...is it like some type of Monastery? Or do you just try and see what you can do, manipulating things?" she asked as they walked to the meal area.

    Obviously, Lyceus found something funny in her question, as he was quick to reply, "You mean there's something ELSE to study besides Ashla at this time?" He coughed into his fist and cleared his throat, then looked pointedly at both Jed and professor Alvarez. "Well then ... *ahem* I believe the young lady here did pose a question, which deserves an answer. Forgive my not-so comical interjection."

    Alana frowned, before turning her attention back towards Jed. To her, his attempt at humor made her feel as if her question seemed stupid. But it was a valid question for her. She wanted to know, if they were just 'mad scientist' gone wrong, or was there something else towards their training.

    Alvarez laughed abit. Jed smiled politely and answered Alana, "We have all kinds here at the Conclave - most of us here are either scientists or philosophers, some of whom are also artists -" Jed nodded at Lyceus "- and there's a smattering of priests and the occasional visiting scholar. Essentially we're concerned with studying all aspects of the Ashla - what it is, why it exists ..." There was a very long and thoughtful pause, and breath. "It is, also, a bit to do with what we can do, yes. Our philosophers discovered that meditation allows a deeper connection with the Ashla, for instance, thus strengthening our gifts." Jed shrugged and did not elaborate further. "And so on. The test is only one of discoveries we've made, although it is the most high-profile."

    Alana nodded carefully, as she mused over the womans words. She bet Jed did not have any of those...'gifts'. Another question had been on her mind. It was a bit radical, but it was a need to know, none the less.

    "So..." Alana asked softly, her voice very gentle. "Once you identify someone who has the gift of Ashla...What happens next?" Alana gave a careful pause. "Do those people get identified on a list? Are they allowed to NOT be identified, if they do not wish it know? If there is a list, does it go anywhere else, like the local government? Or has any of this even have been thought about yet?"

    Alana moved her gauze from Jed, as she looked about the lovely gardens. Alana knew quite well what she was asking. Whatever happened next, would definitely depend on how Jed responded.


    TAG: Sarge221, Hammurabi, greyjedi125, Xan
  16. blubeast1237 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 10, 2007
    star 5
    IC: Maxil Sylveste
    Highway


    Sylveste laughed at Drall's quick recovery in his spirits. The kid had the youth that Sylveste was just finishing off the main course of. Inhaling deeply the warmth of the cigarra, Sylveste rose to his feet, wincing as he put weight on his left leg which made him take note of all the places that were hurting on his body.

    He had prematurely refused medical aide, but now that the adenaline was settling down he could feel the pain crashing down on him like a bantha. He was pretty sure his arm was gashed open, his foot could be broken, probably the smaller bones were broken because he could still walk. One of his ribs were shattered, another thing he was sure of.

    The blood from his head wound was running into his eyes, he wiped it away and knocked some ashes off the cigarra. Smiling at Drall, Sylveste began to walk off towards the ending of the exit. "I'm find kid." It was a lie and Sylveste hoped neither Witton nor Drall picked up on the pain in his voice. They could see him limp, but as long as he didn't show pain he would be fine.

    "We gotta find a way to the conclave. Let's go ahead and get to that transport station. It might take us near the Conclave. Hell, hopefully it'll take us to the kriffing meeting. Those damn kaf'nus better not complain about us being late."

    It took them awhile, especially since Sylveste was limping, to get to the transport station, but they did. Got on the schafer and were dropped off outside of the Conclave. The conclave looked exactly as one would expect it to look like. The Prepboys had a large campus, green grass, pretty glass windows, and holographic statues.

    And this was all on the outside!

    "Maxil Sylveste, Raffi Drall, and Wid Witton." Sylveste answered the guard that was on guard on the outpost tower. They received identification cards, but they weren't on the campus. The towers were posted 2 miles outside of campus and their would be at least 2 more identification checks before they even got to the walls of the Conclave. The Prepboys made sure that security was a top priority, but he should've expected that.

    He got on one of the speeder bikes that they had been given to get to the walls as the guard has seen their injuries and spared them. Sylveste put his helmet on before looking back at the others. "You know, I would ask for a skim, but we know how that would end." He joked making an explosion gesture with his hands before taking off.

    Tag: Guns, Nicola, Matriarch
  17. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Sep 12, 2002
    star 6
    Sorry for not updating sooner, everyone. RL was/is a pain. [face_tired]

    blu - tweaking your entrance a bit. The Conclave doesn't have nearly that level of security. :p


    Maxil Sylveste, Raffi Drall, Wid Winton

    Entrance, Conclave Campus

    The hovertrain took Maxil, Raffi and Wid right up to the Conclave's doorstep, quite literally - the Ashla Conclave was a major enough organization, and far enough from the city, to warrant its own station just off its grounds. From the outside, it looked just like what they'd expected: a large, sprawling campus complete with green grass and holographic statues for decoration. Idyllic. It was walled, of course, but any of them could probably scale it in under a minute. Raffi or Wid, at any rate - Maxil was unlikely to manage it on his broken foot.

    They were the only ones to get off there at this hour, and the bored-looking guard at the gate waved them through after issuing them visitor passes. "You're on the list - just follow the path, it'll take you right to Reception."

    Reception was only ten or so metres' walk from the guard post. Their visitor passes opened the door to a spacious, high-ceilinged hall. A fountain burbled softly in the far corner, with a small array of couches in its vicinity. Currently the room was empty save the young woman behind the reception desk, currently speaking softly into her headset.

    TAG: NickLitYouAFlame, blubeast1237, JEDIGUNSHIP

    Ivo Agrippa, Pyr, Reconn, Heath Torkin, Varus Beleikov

    The Vale Bar

    Silence met Varus' speech.

    Antur's jaw had dropped. He shut his mouth, opened it again as if to speak, and shut it again - it was surprising how much a grown man could resemble a fish, for he was doing a fairly good impression of it at the moment. Curiously, Juris was studying Varus with an unreadable, almost knowing expression on her face.

    Pyr was the first to speak up. "He's got a point," he said, nodding to Varus.

    That seemed to spur Antur into motion. "I - you - if you're really Varus Beleikov, why didn't you - the time for talk is done!" He was glaring at Varus now with an odd mix of conviction, fury and awe, but there was no special power in his voice this time. "We have done nothing but talk; now we need to strike, it's our best chance - "

    If Varus thought to look at Juris, he might catch the slight nod she gave him - almost like a salute - before she turned to her brother. "Antur, he has a point," she interrupted. Then, coolly, to Varus: "What exactly do you have in mind, sir?"

    TAG: Lord_Lahmien, Dubya_Scott, darth_nemisis, Winged_Jedi

    Alec Grazer, Conrad Fae, Alana Cha-Rikki, Lyceus Eltotsira

    Gardens, Conclave Campus

    "What else have you discovered? Anything big?" Conrad asked interestedly.

    Jed spread her hands. "Not many big things, no, I'm afraid. On the scientific side, we've got a couple of people who've identified which portions of the brain are active when using the Ashla - which isn't nearly as invasive, nor useful, as it sounds - and so on."

    "So..." Alana asked softly, her voice very gentle. "Once you identify someone who has the gift of Ashla...What happens next?" Alana gave a careful pause. "Do those people get identified on a list? Are they allowed to NOT be identified, if they do not wish it know? If there is a list, does it go anywhere else, like the local government? Or has any of this even have been thought about yet?"

    Jed winced. Alvarez sighed. "We're in clinical trials at the moment," the Professor said. "What this means is your test results go on file, yes, but they're anonymous - you'll be identified only by test number. This is because at the moment, we're still tweaking the metric to measure Ashla sensitivity by - I won't bore you with the details, but there are several ways to go about it. The list doesn't go anywhere but our databank."

    Alvarez took a deep breath and seemed to pick his next words more carefully. "It is true that the governm/>/>
  18. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    IC: Pyr
    Vale Bar


    Pyr listened to Antur, then looked back at Varus. The young artist tightened the grip on the handle of the weapon he held at his side. He had gotten all excited about finally seeing some action. And now he patiently waited for Varus' plans.

    "Damn," he softly muttered as he carried all his new toys over to his chair and sat back down.

    TAG: Varus, other Vale Bar people...
  19. NickLitYouAFlame Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 27, 2007
    star 5
    Raffi Drall
    Conclave Campus, Reception


    Raffi raised his eyebrows at the receptionist. She was extremely pretty. Raffi grinned. He nudged Maxil and nodded in her direction. She missed the whole ordeal. Raffi strode confidently forward. He smiled brightly and winked at the woman. His voice had a melodic air, as he trilled out a greeting, ?Good afternoon, Ma?am. My colleagues and I have an appointment? with?? Raffi had forgotten the name of the guy. He opened and closed his mouth, but the receptionist was uninterested in any of his antics. She glanced up, saw his visitor card and raised a finger.

    Raffi winced. He was shot down. Raffi almost didn?t blame her. He probably didn?t look to hot right now. He was almost certain that one of his locks had been singed away. That would leave him uneven. Raffi rolled his eyes and turned to Maxil and Wit. ?I don?t think she recognized me??

    Tag: Guns and Beasty
  20. Ktala Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Sep 7, 2002
    star 6
    Alana Cha-Rikki
    Gardens, Conclave Campus

    It was interesting what you could learn in a single question, if it happened to be the right question, that is.

    "So..." Alana asked softly, her voice very gentle. "Once you identify someone who has the gift of Ashla...What happens next?" Alana gave a careful pause. "Do those people get identified on a list? Are they allowed to NOT be identified, if they do not wish it know? If there is a list, does it go anywhere else, like the local government? Or has any of this even have been thought about yet?"

    Jed winced. Obviously, Alana seemed to have found a sore spot. Alvarez sighed. "We're in clinical trials at the moment," the Professor said. "What this means is your test results go on file, yes, but they're anonymous - you'll be identified only by test number. This is because at the moment, we're still tweaking the metric to measure Ashla sensitivity by - I won't bore you with the details, but there are several ways to go about it. The list doesn't go anywhere but our databank."

    Alvarez took a deep breath and seemed to pick his next words more carefully. "It is true that the government has some notions like having us turn over test results, mandatory identification and some such nonsense. But I assure you, the laws are quite clear regarding the privacy of the volunteers in our trial. Your results will be used for research purposes only."

    Alana thought quietly to herself as they made their way towards the meal area. Even if the results were anonymous, the TESTER, probably would know who was what. And her people would NEVER submit to the so called local governments attempts to make themselves known. Heck, as far as she knew, the government could have a spy in the camp right now..checking out who took the test, and keeping an eye on things, just in case they discovered something... dangerious.


    It was with that distubring thought, that Alana followed the others, silent for the moment.



    TAG: Xan, Sarge221, Hammurabi, greyjedi125


  21. Winged_Jedi Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Feb 28, 2003
    star 4

    The Vale Bar

    "What I have in mind," said Varus, satisfied that he had the attention of the group, "is to hold a very public protest. Directly outside the Ashla Conclave."

    "I will arrange for the media to be present. Hand out leaflets, make speeches, peacefully demonstrate your abilities...and the main purpose will be to open the eyes of Ashla adepts to our philosophy, and win their support. Engage in some open debate. Show them that we are not violent barbarians- we simply wish them to join us in making full and righteous use of our gifts. For the good of Tython. This planet has chosen its saviours- who are we to dismiss such a call?"

    He paused, and turned to leave.

    "Whether or not you pursue this course of action is your decision," he said as he walked away. "I will be watching. Do as I have suggested, and you will have won my public support. Do otherwise...and this conversation will have been our last. Good day."

    He strode out of the bar.

    Tag: The Bogan

    OOC: Sorry for the abrupt departure, but I needed to extricate myself from the situation as I will be away until the 17th September. I think it works well as there's no need for Varus to be tagged for a while. See you when I get back!
  22. Dubya_Scott Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Jun 11, 2002
    star 5
    OOC: So with Varus gone for three weeks, and the other people not even playing their characters, that just leaves me and the GM in the Bogan group. Well, only two of us now. This should be interesting...




    IC: Pyr Reconn
    Vale Bar


    Pyr watched Varus turn his back and leave the bar. "He's just leaving?" The artist looked back to the other Bogan folks, who seemed to have been non-existent since the meeting began. "He does have a point about making public speeches and such, but I was just getting excited about these weapons." He glanced at the rifle in his hands, then looked to Antur. "What do we do now?"

    TAG: Bogan people, or whoever...
  23. Jedi Gunny Yahtzee Host

    Game Host
    Member Since:
    May 20, 2008
    star 8
    IC: Wid Winton

    I don't think she recognized me . . . Drall had said, referring to the way the receptionist had shot him down. Giving his partner a skeptical look, Wid said "I think that crash has affected your brain a little bit." Moving by Drall, he approached the reception desk. "Wid Winton of Sathel Arms Sales Department," he said to the receptionist. "We have a scheduled meeting with your boss."

    "Could you tell me the purpose of your visit to the Conclave, Mr. Winton?" she asked, obviously bored.

    "My employer would like myself and my compatriots here to check out your testing facilities. It's so that we can get an idea of what your testing requires in terms of chemical specifications."

    "Very good," the receptionist sighed. "Go down the hall a ways until you reach the turbolift. Go up to the third floor, and walk down the hall up there until you reach the end door."

    "We shouldn't be too long," Wid said, motioning for the other two to follow.

    TAG: Nick, Blu

  24. blubeast1237 Force Ghost

    Member Since:
    Apr 10, 2007
    star 5
    IC: Maxil Sylveste
    The Conclave


    Sylveste grinned as the receptionist shot down Drall. The boy had to learn that girls only liked guys with injuries. It showed them that the man was tough and that he was a man's man. This was why Sylveste allowed suspects to get a couple of punches, or stabs, in before he put them down. "Thanks, honey." Sylveste said as Winton walked down the hall, gesturing for them to follow. Sylveste rolled his eyes, sure that Drall was doing the same, and leaned on the receptionist's counter. "Hey, listen, I was wondering if you wouldn't mind going back to the city with me. I mean it must get lonely all out here by yourself."

    He would've continued this onslaught of grimgame, but Winton had reached the turbolift and Sylveste thought whether money would be more important than some random girl. While he would have chose the latter at any other time, wrecking the skim and being late would probably be daddy Sathel's tipping point of his patience for Sylveste's antics.

    "Here, hit me up if you're in the city some time." He insisted as he limped off behind Winton and boarded the turbolift. As it rose, he pushed Winton, playfully. "You know, a couple more seconds and I would've had her eating out of my smufcu. You got find yourself a girl, Winton."

    As they stepped off and walked towards the door that had been pointed out by the girl, Sylveste pushed open the door with his other hand on his blaster. He didn't want to be caught by surprise of anything, but it was extremely unnecessary and the room was almost as boring as Sathel's meeting room had been. Sylveste pulled out another cigarra and began to light it as he noticed another person in the room.

    "Hiiii."

    Tag: XAN the woMAN, Nicola, and Gunsy
  25. DarthXan318 Manager Emeritus

    Member Since:
    Sep 12, 2002
    star 6
    Yeah, we've got a few missing people - never fear, I'll start popping people off the waitlist and see if we can rectify that.. :)

    Circle folks - I'm going to have to rewrite your posts again, sorry. :p



    Maxil Sylveste, Raffi Drall, Wid Winton

    Entrance, Conclave Campus

    The receptionist - Erisi, according to her nametag - compared the names on their passes to her records and nodded. "Dr. Blith's office is in the next building. Go through that door -" she pointed to one on the west end of the hall "- and follow the corridor until you reach the turbolift. Take it one floor up; his office will be the first on your left." She punched a button and smiled. "I'll inform the doctor you've arrived. Welcome to the Conclave, Mr. Winton."

    The trio followed her directions without incident, other than a couple of dirty looks at Maxil's cigarra. Dr. Blith's office door was closed - curiously, there was no handle. There was a palm reader next to the door, as well as a buzzer right above it.

    TAG: NickLitYouAFlame, blubeast1237, JEDIGUNSHIP

    Ivo Agrippa, Pyr, Reconn, Heath Torkin, Varus Beleikov

    The Vale Bar

    "What do we do now?" Pyr asked.

    Juris said nothing. She had settled back into her chair, her expression unreadable once more as she watched the assembled men. Antur didn't answer immediately, either; he was scowling at the door that banged shut after Varus. His expression was almost sulky, but also held a trace of ... fear?

    "Talk is cheap," Antur said abruptly. "A peaceful protest in front of the Conclave - we know what will happen if we do that, friends. The government will just use it as an excuse to round us up, and then where will we be? No. We're going to do what we have to do."

    He pointed sharply at the weapons, his fierce gaze meeting everyone's in turn. "If you think he's right, go ahead. But I'm going to get that shipment. Those of you who have the guts to do what we have to, get a rifle and follow me."

    TAG: Lord_Lahmien, Dubya_Scott, darth_nemisis, Winged_Jedi

    Alec Grazer, Conrad Fae, Alana Cha-Rikki, Lyceus Eltotsira

    Gardens, Conclave Campus

    In the silence that followed Alvarez's little speech, Jed led the group through the Garden's little paths, winding their way through to the dining area. Eventually they emerged to see a building not unlike the one they left earlier. Jed pushed the doors open, beckoning for them to follow.

    Sunlight streamed into the dining area from windows on the far side, illuminating a large, spacious hall with tables of various sizes scattered about. At this hour, only a few diners were there: two young women at the far end, and a middle-aged man engrossed in a book. Along the right side were several food vendor stalls, staffed by bored-looking men and women, as well as an open door that led to the kitchens.

    "What would you like?" Jed asked politely. She pointed to the food vendors. "We have a variety of food here - feel free to browse and order whatever you wish."

    TAG: Sarge221, Hammurabi, Ktala, greyjedi125
    />/>
    />/>
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.