main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gd Rapids, MI U*Con- Ann Arbor, MI- November 21-23, 2008

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JainaDurron, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JainaDurron

JainaDurron Jedi Master star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    I do apologize if this is not allowed, but I figured since this is a close convention, people might be interested.

Greetings Gamers!

We are gearing up for another U-Con but we need YOUR events to make this convention a success. Please visit our website to submit your events <http://www.ucon-gaming.org/gm/submit.php>.

Here are the dates you need to know:
    - Friday, September 12, 11:59pm - Event submission deadline (for pre-reg listing)
    - Friday, September 19 - Events schedule available online

Featuring Guest of Honor Andy Looney. He is a game designer and creator of Fluux, Treehouse, Icehouse, Icebreaker videogame and even a novel Empty City

We are excited to announce the all new Indie RPG Track. If you have an independent game you would like to run, please contact us at <events@ucon-gaming.org>

We look forward to seeing you in November!

U-Con Staff
    http://www.ucon-gaming.org

As a note, the reason I am posting this here is that there WILL be at least one Star Wars LARP. There may also be some Star Wars board games if people put in that kind of track (event). Either way, it's fun to be had by all for gamers.

2. katz

katz Jedi Youngling

Apr 25, 2008
    Can somebody clue me in..I would like to go to this...I am from Ann Arbor. Is this a convention? Help help..needed here!

Thanks!

katz

3. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    From what I gather its a gaming convention.

http://www.ucon-gaming.org/feature/whatis.php
    What is U-Con?

The U-Con Gaming Convention is a gathering of gamers and companies from all over. You can meet new people and participate in many different events. We have events that are sure to pique the interest of the most avid gamer, as well as those new to the hobby. We offer a wide variety of role-playing events, as well as many board and war games. We also offer Live Action RPG's and collectable card game tournaments and events. We are one of the largest gaming conventions in Michigan.

Aside from gaming, we have an exhibitors hall filled with a wide variety of exhibitors selling everything from swords to dice, shirts to games, and a number of other unique and interesting items. And what convention is complete without an auction? Of course we have one!

What is Gaming?

You may have read the above description and thought to yourself, "Great, but what is 'gaming' and what are these creatures called 'gamers'?" Gaming is a term, unsurprisingly, used to describe the playing of games. When we use the term 'gaming' we are referring to a wide range of games included: board games, card games, collectible card games, roleplaying games, and miniatures. 'Gamers' is a term used to describe people who enjoy playing these sorts of games.

What is a Gaming Convention?

Gaming is a social activity. The best game in the world will merely collect dust if there aren't any players! A Gaming convention is a place where gamers can find other gamers who are interested in the same kinds of games they are. It provides Gamemasters a venue to run many of these games as scheduled events, and also provides open-gaming space for games that aren't on the schedule. In addition to bringing gamers together, a gaming convention typically has an exhibiter's hall where all sorts of games and gaming-related merchandise can be purchased. Finally, a convention just wouldn't be a gaming convention without special events (like seminars and the auction) and special guests of honor from the gaming industry.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.