main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ U2 tickets back on TicketMaster

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SimplyThrilledHoney, Nov 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SimplyThrilledHoney

SimplyThrilledHoney Jedi Youngling star 3

May 19, 2002
    well I'll be ... just checked ticketmaster and there are tickets onsale for tonight and tomorrow nights show. So now I'm going. Yay! Sure glad I didn't pay $500 on TradeMe!

2. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Good stuff - what night are you going to?

3. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    tonight. Are you going?

4. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Tomorrow.

5. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    That is strange :confused:

Man this place (forum) has been busy lately, we haven't seen this much action since Episode 3

6. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    It's fairly common to hold back blocks of tickets for corporates etc, that get put back in the pool if they don't get taken. Also I think one of the stands was under construction for a while - maybe they only released those seats now as final inspection has happened on that area?

7. SithForceLord

SithForceLord Jedi Master star 6

Jul 2, 2001
    I laugh at people who fell into the scaplers trap, but I'd ratherlaugh at the scalpers themselves who were trying to flog tickets off and hopefully not able to sell them now... unfortunately I'm sure most are sold already.

Tomorrow night!!!

Also the seating/standing plan looks FANTASTIC! :p

http://media.ticketmaster.com/en-nz/tmimages/venue/maps/nzl/17296s.jpg

haha!

8. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    also, there would have been a bunch of tickets from people who were unable to make the reschedued date which Ticketmaster would have to have refunded. Anyway, point is - wanted to go, but couldn't be arsed lining up, and didn't want to pay scalper prices, so I'm pretty happy.

9. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Mark, that area in the "heart" beween the stage prongs is wristband-access only - it holds 2500-3500 people, some corporate/travel packages have bands as part of the deal. Otherwise, generally, it's first in first served (they hand out bands as you enter the gate if you're there early enough).

I certainly can't / wont be queueing up before the gates open, but thought you might want to know in case you think it's worth the wait.

Though of course there's no guarantees that you'll even get a wristband, regardless...

10. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
    Pissing down here in West Auckland - hopefully it won't get too far South.

Saw on 3 news that not too many people there at 6:30. Kanya starts 7:30, U2 9:00.

Here's what the herald is reporting about the front circle;

By 4pm, numbers had grown to about 1,000 and fans were moved inside the stadium grounds to a specially designated tent, ensuring them front row positions for the evening's show.

Cool that it's not $300 seats in there, but instead rewards those dedicated fans who are prepared to queue.

There's a barrier maybe 5 m back from the prongs which is still part of the wristband access only area.

11. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
    great shows huh lads?

12. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
  13. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    That good huh? :p

So anyone gonna write a real report?

14. SimplyThrilledHoney

May 19, 2002
  15. jp-30

Dec 14, 2000
  16. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    kanye west: piss piss moan moan

U2: brag brag brag brag brag

/\ good enough solo?

:p sound was **** for Kanye, too much bass - it was just a boy racers car with 2 12inch subs x 1000... couldn't hear what he was singing about :( I was interested and looking forward to hearing him cause it's someone i wont see again... ah well. didn't go to see him so can't complain too much.

U2 were great, played all their hits, including ONE TREE HILL last, even 'SHE MOVES IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS', and even new songs, 'VERTIGO' etc and even 'THE SAINTS ARE COMING' which was cool.

One guy got lifted up and had a small crowd surf in front of us (just held up by his mates I'm guessing, then about 20mins later he was held up by his shins and was completely starkers! Terrible sight for the people holding him up i'm sure hahaha!

also ended up spending the entire concert with the girl i took out a few weeks ago, and who told me she couldn't see me anymore... so that was awkward, but had a good time.

17. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Women :rolleyes:

18. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    Tell me about it.

She spent a few months in the states this year and is going back for 2 weeks at new years, and after our (great) date (nothing happened, just got along really well and had heaps of fun), she felt guilty, and told this guy in the states (who she obviously wants nookie from when she goes back.

Anyway, he is sad that she went on a date, and so she told him she wouldn't see me anymore.

Obviously made an impression on her as she must have been worried something might happen between now and new years when she goes over, and didn't want any complications.

So... yea, women. :(

Ah well, if she comes back after new years and wants to catch up I might do, but I'm not holding my breath, or passing something else up in the mean time :p

19. SithForceLord

Jul 2, 2001
    ... as for U2

youtube - 'U2 Auckland' search comes up with heaps! Have a look / listen. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.