main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY UB Con April 13 -15

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by BobaChris12, Mar 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    Invite from Garrison Excelsior:

Excelsior has received an invite to have a table free of charge at UBCon the weekend of April 13th-April15th.We'll be right out in the Student Union by the registration table. We'll also have a secure room to change and store our gear.

UB con is a gaming con which operates at all hours. It seems like a joint event would be best at this event and so we would like to invite both groups to determine their interest and availability, then report back to the Excelsior forums so that we can coordinate a plan.
    On the Excelsior boards we will start the official planning/coordination thread for the event. The nature of the event clearly makes it very flexible and so the plan will be to set the expectations of the event hosts, and to provide a final communication back to all the groups distilling everyone's input.

These are the details I have so far. I'll update as I receive them.

Please post your interest here.

2. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
    Right now, we are looking to see if anyone is interested in attending.

Please PM me if you have any questions.

3. VideoPrince

VideoPrince North Ridge Treasurers / Diplomat star 4

May 31, 2002
    I checked out the site for UBCon, which is:

www.ubsarpa.com

Doesn't seem like an event where our type of group(s) would be effective, but could perhaps be a possible recruitment source.

As a current UB student, does Brian know more about this con?

4. StoyBoy720

StoyBoy720 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    The event is primarily a gaming event, and not really much of a "convention" from my typical convention experience. It really is a bunch of UB students getting together and gaming, whether it be card gaming, board RPGs or occasionally video gaming. Other than that, not much happens.

My freshman year I was a part of this convention, performing in my old improv troupe. We had a spot to perform right in the front of the Union, but honestly, we didn't get a lot of attention from anyone actually at the con, most were just gaming.

5. BobaChris12

Aug 30, 2002
  6. StoyBoy720

StoyBoy720 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    Forgot to mention. I won't be participating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.