main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

San Diego, CA Uber Geeks at work

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Volntyr, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Volntyr

Volntyr Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2002
    http://www.collectspace.com/news/news-082707a.html

An excerpt from the article:

August 27, 2007 ? When the space shuttle Discovery launches the STS-120 crew in October, the force will be with them.

Stowed on-board the orbiter, in addition to a new module for the international space station, will be the original prop lightsaber used by actor Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker in the 1977 film "Star Wars". The laser-like Jedi weapon is being flown to the orbiting outpost and back in honor of the 30th anniversary of director George Lucas' franchise.

2. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Classic!

3. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    They should send a couple of MR sabers up there too, so that the astronauts can try saber fighting in zero-G. lol :p

4. BrieKalan

BrieKalan Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2006
    Now that would be interesting to see.

:)

5. MtnJedi

MtnJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    I think the saber is ROTJ Lukes, not ANH. I saw a small clip of it on the news. It was nice seeing BOTH the RL and 501 representing...at least I think it was them. What other costumers would NASA have invited?

6. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    The costumed people for the Oakland send-off were from Endor Base of the Rebel Legion (Matt, Dale and Kathy) and from the Golden Gate Garrison of the 510st. :)

7. Arminca

Arminca Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2006
    It is super cool. I can see it now Luke's lightsaber floating in side the cockpit. Oops that didn't come out right I guess.:eek: [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.