main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Diego, CA Uber Geeks at work

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Volntyr, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Volntyr

Volntyr Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 23, 2002
    http://www.collectspace.com/news/news-082707a.html

An excerpt from the article:

August 27, 2007 ? When the space shuttle Discovery launches the STS-120 crew in October, the force will be with them.

Stowed on-board the orbiter, in addition to a new module for the international space station, will be the original prop lightsaber used by actor Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker in the 1977 film "Star Wars". The laser-like Jedi weapon is being flown to the orbiting outpost and back in honor of the 30th anniversary of director George Lucas' franchise.

2. me-gonk

me-gonk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 17, 2003
    Classic!

3. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    They should send a couple of MR sabers up there too, so that the astronauts can try saber fighting in zero-G. lol :p

4. BrieKalan

BrieKalan Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2006
    Now that would be interesting to see.

:)

5. MtnJedi

MtnJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    I think the saber is ROTJ Lukes, not ANH. I saw a small clip of it on the news. It was nice seeing BOTH the RL and 501 representing...at least I think it was them. What other costumers would NASA have invited?

6. GreyJedi

GreyJedi Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2002
    The costumed people for the Oakland send-off were from Endor Base of the Rebel Legion (Matt, Dale and Kathy) and from the Golden Gate Garrison of the 510st. :)

7. Arminca

Arminca Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2006
    It is super cool. I can see it now Luke's lightsaber floating in side the cockpit. Oops that didn't come out right I guess.:eek: [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.