main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So CO UCCS Star Wars Fan Force Division

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Wedge003, Apr 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wedge003

Wedge003 Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2002
    To Whom This May Concern:

I just wanted to let everyone know that there is now an official University of Colorado at Colorado Springs Star Wars Fan Force. Since I know there is already a Colorado Springs chapter, I was wondering if the UCCS division could become part of the city wide chapter. I realize that having two Fan Forces in the same city would cause both groups to collapse. So hopefully the two groups can work together and allow us fans to unite. Perhaps the UCCS group can even participate in the city wide Fan Force events.
    I will let everyone know on this board when the first meeting will be. I hope to see you there.
    If there are any questions or comments please feel free to e-mail me at Wedge003@yahoo.com

Thank you,

Wedge003

2. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jedi_Knight_Birr Retired RSA star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2002
    WOW i knew i liked that school, now i like it even better.
    of course the UCCS group can join with the CSFF. we are open to all. the CR is deployed right now, but if you have any questions about hte group just ask them or PM the RMFF CR.

and i am emailing you also.

3. JediDragon

JediDragon Jedi Master star 5

Mar 11, 2002
  4. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Evening. I'm the aforementioned RMFF CR if you have any questions :D

5. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Speaking as the Official Fan Force Regional Admin....

This is the only official "Fan Force", basically that means the only one recognized by the owners of these boards.

Group names aside on this...

Your entire team is very welcome to merge with this one all under the header of Fan Force, all they have to do is create accounts and post away. A few initial rules though...

JediDragon will still be the city rep for the boards until the group settles down and chooses if they want to elect a new one. I want to keep the experienced person here with an influx of new members. After that it's up to the group as to what they do.

Please post any concerns you have here or send me a private message, JediDragon will be keeping me up with his thoughts too. The easiest thing is for people to all make accounts, start posting, and take part in voting for the next meeting time and place.

It'll be great to have this group grow and to get to know you. This team is quite active with the Denver team. We have a southwest region camping trip this summer in alamosa also.

6. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    Vener...er...VoidDancer is THE MAN. Good thoughts and I agree. One thing we need to talk about in a meeting when I get back is when/how often we want to have elections and that sort of thing. That will help take care of the city rep thing (though I don't see it being much of a problem either way).

Wedge informed me that he is having a meeting for his UCCS group soon and should be finding out numbers on their group. This is good information and I can't wait to find out how many SW fans there are at UCCS. This is an exciting revelation in my opinion as this could greatly boost the CS activities!

7. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    It could. that would be great. i might even drive up to that. just have to trust my car going up there.

8. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Hi! Yay, more college kids :D This should be fun.

I live in CS during the summer, most of the time I'm up in Laramie, WY (go Pokes!).

Pleased to meet you all. :)

9. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2003
    Hey Birr .. perhaps we could car pool up to a meeting! I drive up to CS everyday!

10. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    Hey Wedge: don't forget to sign in on the Welcome thread! (and have anybody who joins up from your group check in there too!)

11. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    sure sparhawk. that would be great to do.

12. Wedge003

Wedge003 Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2002
    I want to thank everyone for their overwhelming support and guidance in helping me get the UCCS Star Wars club up and running. I have finally got a meeting date set and a room reserved for the first UCCS Star Wars club meeting. I would personally like to invite all the Colorado Springs and Denver members to the meeting. All the details of the meeting are as follows:

Date: Tuesday, April 29th

Time: 6:30-7:00 PM

Place: The "Brooks" meeting room in the lower level of the Univerity Center.

Food: Refreshments will be provided.

This first meeting will primarily be an introuction and to see exactly how many people are interested in joining. I am also hoping that the people that do show up will expresses their interests in what type of activites they would like to see the club do.

If anyone would like directions or has further questions please feel free to send me a private message through the fanforce.net boards or e-mail me at Wedge003@yahoo.com.

I hope to see you there!

13. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    congrats on gettign this going. i wont be able to make it from down here cause i have to work, but i hope you get a lot of people.

when does the semester get out for you?

14. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2003
    Dang... I am reading this at 12:00 midnight on monday. I dont think I am going to be able to make it. Good luck with this meeting and I will try to attend the next one!

15. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    so how did the meeting go? how many came? i hope it went well. maybe before the semester gets out for you i can head up there and we can meet. when does school get out for you?

16. Wedge003

Wedge003 Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2002
    Now on to the moment that everyone has been waiting for. The results of the first UCCS Star Wars meeting are in:

A total of three people showed up

I know that there are many more people interested here at UCCS but couldn't come due to work, being sick, etc. Add to that fact that the ad in the UCCS student newspaper didn't come out until Monday night didn't help things much.

I'm already in the works of planning for the next meeting. Everybody that interested in coming to the next meeting plan on seeing Attack of the Clones on a big screen. I'll let you know exact an exact date and time soon.

17. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    three peopl are great! so when you coem up with a plan for the next meeting let me know,i will try and amke it to that one.

18. Sparhawk

Sparhawk Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2003
    Great Start! I hope I can make it to the next one!

19. Wedge003

Wedge003 Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2002
    Last weeks meeting seemed to go well once everyone arrived. It felt like I was hanging out with old friends and the the four of us easily sat and talked about everything Star Wars until we got booted out of the room. We talked about everything from the newest upcoming Star Wars video games (Rebel Strike, Jedi Academy) to what we thought Episode 3 might be like. I had a lot of fun and I look forward to the next meeting.

20. Wedge003

Wedge003 Jedi Youngling

Mar 30, 2002
    I just wanted to let everyone know ahead of time when the next UCCS Star Wars Fan Force meeting will be. Here are the details:

Date: Saturday, May 10

Time: 2:30-5:00

Place: Rockrimmon Branch Library

There will be a showing of Attack of the Clones during the meeting. Unfortunatley the club wasn't able to accuire a room with a video projector so we will just have to make due and watch the movie on a standard television. If any one needs directions or has any further questions/comments please feel free to e-mail me at Wedge003@yahoo.com

21. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    great man, glad to hear the meeting went well! how many people showed up?

22. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    well, im glad that you have ppl. (3 dragon). maybe you all can make a meeting in denver.

any luck getting them onto the boards?

23. JediDragon

Mar 11, 2002
    ah, my bad, a bit distracted when I was reading that.

24. oldbenk31

oldbenk31 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2003
    Darn you Wedge, you always pick the worst days. Thats the day I have my SW RPG. I would really love to attend someday.

25. Jedi_Knight_Birr

Jun 27, 2002
    well, luckily being part of the FF menas that we can keep this going during the summer. so we can plan other events. and you might really push them to get on the boards so we can be fully intergrated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.