main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:VIC UFO's - fact or fiction?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by laifir, Oct 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laifir

laifir Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2002
    Just curious, who many of you believe all the stories of UFO sightings and human-alien contact?
    I used to be really skeptical, but since reading the reports myself (and meeting Mixo and Lute :p) I'm convinced that, hostile or friendly, they are visiting us.
    What do you guys think?
    Oh, and anyone who calls me crazy gets a boot up there ass, understood?

2. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    I think that most are just fiction and USA southern hics making up stories. But a few of them are probably actual sighting's of the United State's R and D fighter jet projects.

I have to admit, that if I saw an S-37 forward swept wing Russian jet, or an America B-2 Bomber, back in the 70's when they where unknown I'd probably think it was Aliens.

In regards to Aliens actually visiting Earth, I think it's just wishful thinking.

3. Rogue_Product

Rogue_Product Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Having been to J-E's place, I'm pretty certain that they do exist :p as for Mixo and Lute, they could provide some answers...
    In all seriousness though, I think most of it is just drunkards (like us) viewing weird stuff whilst under the influence (like us), but I honestly don't think they have made serious contact... I do like that new Phillips home stereo add, however, compliments the topic quite nicely!

4. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    UFOs must be pretty stupid if they let us see them with our outdated technology

5. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Are you talking UFOs or ETs?

6. laifir

Apr 9, 2002
    I'm talking about UFO's. I very much doubt the stories of people talking to aliens and going back to their planet.
    And yes, most of these stories are complete bull, or can be explained, but there's some that are pretty convincing. Really the only ones I believe is the ones that show up on radar and can't be explained.

7. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    UFOs yes, ALien Lifeforms visiting here no alien lifeforms elsewhere in the universe yes

8. darth_brutus

darth_brutus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Do aliens exist? Yes
    Do they visit here? I dont think so
    What about UFOs? Who says they have to be alien ships.....?

9. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Exactly a UFO is simply an Unidentified Flying Object

10. darth_brutus

May 25, 2002
    [CIA guy]"Its most likely a pie plate hovering in the sky"[/CIA guy] :p

Seriously though, a UFO can be absolutely anything, and even more things as the blood alcohol levels begin to rise ;)

11. vader_slayer

vader_slayer Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2002
    As a big fan of the X Files i am a big believer in UFo's and EBE's but there are many hoax's out there and it is hard to determine the real from the fake. For a better understing of UFO activity read Fifty Years of UFO's.

12. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    I have seen projectile vomit that could be classed as an UFO

13. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    I was in an Asia Food house once and the cook spilt his batter.

That was an "Unidentified Frying Object"

14. laifir

Apr 9, 2002
    Mixo, please, I'm trying to be serious. Can you be the wonderful New Ager I know you are and stop being stupid? There's a good boy.
    Anyway, I know that a lot of sightings are hoaxs, or can be explained, or are just drunkards hallucinating or whatever, but there are a lot of reported sightings that are very convincing.
    Anyway, even if they are bull, I like the idea of beings from other worlds watching us.

15. Jedi_jem

Jedi_jem Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Why they would want to watch us is beyond me. ;)

Anywho,
    Alot of them are fake, but there could be UFO's out there...
    *Cue X-Files theme*

16. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    Aliens are bloody pervs, that's why they're watching us. They might be looking through your window while you're getting changed...

Okay, seriously, I think there is a very high chance that alien life exists. Whether they've made it to our little corner of the universe is another story, I'm yet to see any convincing evidence of UFOs and the like.

17. The-Lute

The-Lute Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 29, 2002
    Don't know seriously. Maybe we're the aliens, and we have the greatest technology in the universe. Maybe we'll be the first to discover another race on their planet, and be dubbed "ALIENS" or "UFO's" by them, and they'll be afraid of us.

18. darth_brutus

May 25, 2002
    And we can probe the primatives!! :p

Seriously though, I believe that there is some other more advanced civilisation than us out there.

19. The-Lute

The-Lute Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 29, 2002
    It's possible. But maybe other civilisations are just evolving into humanoid like creatures. Or maybe we're ten thousand years behind a more developed race. Will we ever really know until we get 'out there'? We may be too puny for aliens to even bother looking into the human race.

20. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    I was being serious.
    Anyway I believe in Alien life forms but I am not sure if they have actually visited here?

21. laifir

Apr 9, 2002
    Frankly, the thought of us being the most advance species in the universe is downright terrifying. We can't even look after our planet, so I dread to think what we'd do to a less evolved world/species.
    On another note, there's a bunch of scientists who think that there's been UFO's buzzing around the Earth for centuries, but they haven't made contact because of some big universal law about not interfering with other worlds. What do you think?

22. HawkNC

HawkNC Former RSA: Oceania star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    I think that, no matter what laws there are, there are always some idiots willing to break them. :p

23. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Perhaps their cultures were like ours and they want ot see us in our primative states?
    Perhaps the CIA tell us there are no UFOs so we say there are UFOs and really it is a nig joke?

24. vader_slayer

vader_slayer Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 23, 2002
    laifir I've heard that theory before as well and I think it's very interesting. The idea of there being some huge government handing out laws to every planet sounds like something out of Stargate which makes it even cooler.

25. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    There is also a theory that life on Earth is a cosmic joke that just by chance happened

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.