St. Lou, MO UFO's over Mexico

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by DarthShoey, May 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    Did anybody see this on CNN this morning? Apparently some Mexican Air Force pilots (Mexico has an Air Force? who knew?) encountered mulitple UFO's and got it on videotape.

I've been at work since about 8:00am and don't get off until 8:30 tonight, so I haven't had a chance to see if they've done any follow up on it.

Anybody know? Real footage or faked? Somebody update me!!
  2. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    I haven't had the TV on all day, cleaning everything here. Did you check CNN.com? They might have something on it. Please update me too! UFO terrify me!
  3. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    Nothing on CNN.com. Or anywhere I can find.

Personal speculation: UFOs aren't real. But neither is everything being blamed on refracted star light from venus.
  4. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Unidentified Flying Objects are real. Anytime you see something in the sky you don't know what it is, that's a UFO. But anyway, I knew that's not what you meant, jus thad to point it out.
  5. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    I found it on CNN.com, but I had to do some digging in the world/americas section. Here's the address.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/americas/05/11/mexico.ufos.ap/index.html

I'm still not smart enough to set up a proper link.

It says when they stopped chasing the lights, they disappeared. Something smells fishy to me.
  6. dudeman Jedi Knight

star 3
    i saw the video, it looked kinda fake and kinda real. the lights almost looked pre-recorded
  7. yodaismygod Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, but according to the Mexican air force many pilots have seen this exact same thing.
  8. Jedi_Tabee Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    so the aliens have finally decided to annoy other coutries. That's nice, they'll get a bit of diversity *nods*

and some really spicy food
  9. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    I believe it. Of course, I have always believed in UFOs and Aliens from other planets. Just think, all those planets in this galaxy, and then put the worlds from other galaxies into the mix, there has to be intelligent life on other planets.

The video looks pretty real. What else could those moving lights be?
  10. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Really good special effects? I think there might be life outside of earth, but why would they bother playing hide and seek like that.
  11. dudeman Jedi Knight

star 3
    yeah, ive believed too, i just dont like the idea of a big war thing between our worlds like most people prophicise. i prefer lucas's version better.
  12. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    I believe. I'd just like to see some proof, ya know.

Like Jon said, it can't all be refracting lights from other heavenly bodies. (Or gas from Uranus - sorry HAD to do it, heh,heh :) )

I still don't buy the official explanation of Roswell, but that is probably opening another can of worms.
  13. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    Just think, all those planets in this galaxy, and then put the worlds from other galaxies into the mix, there has to be intelligent life on other planets.

I'll agree with you that there's probably life out there somewhere. But you've not said anything about them visiting us.

What else could those moving lights be?

This argument annoys me more than any other. It's really nothing more than people saying "I'm not intelligent enough to come up with anything other than what I'm told" argument. One of the hallmarks of science is that it remains skeptic until there's proof. Not until we give up on trying to figure things out. If that was the way science worked we'd still believe in a flat world at the centre of the universe.
  14. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, it might not be aliens, but that's one of the more "realistic" videos I have seen.

I think there might be life outside of earth, but why would they bother playing hide and seek like that.

Maybe they are smart enough to hide from us humans. We do tend to be a bit scary. ;)

Also, didn't the spots register on radar, but just vaguely? I haven't heard much of the story, just the general idea and the video.
  15. VoijaRisa Force Ghost

star 5
    We do tend to be a bit scary.

More like a bit stupid.

Case in point: The OPPM
  16. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    More like a bit stupid.

Touche. ;) But I'm not all that stupid, I'm just insane. :D
  17. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    JCF I can help you with that for about $50 an hour.
  18. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    Nah, I like my lack of sanity sometimes. :D Plus, I'm very poor right now. ;)
  19. DarthShoey Jedi Master

star 4
    Nothing wrong insanity, as long as it's in short controlled bursts ;)
  20. Jedi_Dajuan Admin: FanForce and Games

Administrator
    star 6
    Plus, I'm very poor right now.

Me too, thus I thought I'd try to put my degree to use.
  21. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    Nothing wrong insanity, as long as it's in short controlled bursts

It depends on the circumstances of the situation. :D

Dajuan, degree in psychology, huh?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.