main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

UGC, Odeon, Showcase or UCI - Best Venue for ROTS Prem?

Discussion in 'Archive: Scotland' started by Lizardmonkey, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Callie_Skye

Callie_Skye Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 2004
    okay all set, 20 minutes till online booking opens up. wish me luck!

Hey, there doesn't seem to be a midnight showing... what's the deal?

Plus the stoopid website isn't listing renfrew yet but has the others.... argh! I think it just likes tormenting me.

2. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    Hate to break it to you kids- I went into UGC tday to book 3 ticks, the staff weren't aware boookings had begun- although they checked and they had. So I asked for 3 tickets to the 1st possible showind and... no midnight show kids. 1st screening is Thu May 19th at 10:30am. Anyone there will see me back row centre ;)

3. Callie_Skye

Oct 13, 2004
    yeah, I booked my tickets last night. dedcided on the last showing of the first day. So I'll be there at 8:50. Anyone know if they're assigning seats? Cause if so, I need to go get my tickets collected and specify seating.

4. Callie_Skye

Oct 13, 2004
    Okay, no more silly comments from me. I'm all sorted. =) Tickets in hand for the 8:50 show dead center middle. =) I can rest easy now. =)

There were still a bunch available when she showed me the screen. Obviously Glasgow doesn't have that many Star Wars nuts. *winks* or else they're all going to the 10am showing!

5. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    I was the 1st to book in the cinema- the staff weren't aware bookings were taking place yet.

6. Obi_one_and_only

Obi_one_and_only Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 18, 2001
    I think I'll go and buy the ticket on the weekend.

Was it UGC at Renfield St?

7. Jedi-Knight_Uk

Jedi-Knight_Uk Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 20, 2005
    Has the Oden re-opened yet.

I wanna go see Constantine, but cannot be arsed dragging myself from the train station too UGC, too costly for a taxi and dnt know the bus routes, and am i hell walking it lol

8. clone-warrior

clone-warrior Jedi Youngling

Dec 12, 2000
    I've been enquiring about midnight showings. The manager of the Odeon in Edinburgh had offered a midnight show as a corporate event but has had to withdrawn because the distributors will not give permission to show it at that time.

Meanwhile 09:30 in the Edinburgh UGC

9. Obi_one_and_only

Jul 18, 2001
    Which screening did you buy tickets for (Glasgow)?

10. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Today I booked 3 tickets for the 0035 hour showing on the 19th in Renfrew Street UGC :D

11. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    ooh! Are they showing it at that time? Awesome!

*runs off to book tickets for that showing, too*

EDIT: Booked! 0035, Thursday May 19th, UGC Renfrew Street.

I'll be sure to hide from you, though, JediMasterGuff. :p

12. Callie_Skye

Oct 13, 2004
    What?!?!? there's a midnight showing now?!?! since when?! explain elaborate!

13. Callie_Skye

Oct 13, 2004
    Just checked the UGC website and they are selling tickets for a midnight show at Renfrew Street. Where was this weeks ago when I bought my tickets? *sigh* I've already returned the tickets once to get better seats... guess it's time to do that again.

As long as they've still got tickets come Monday I'll be seeing ya'll at the 00:35 showing!

14. djcati

Mar 20, 2004
    hehe! We should have like... a meet up an hour before... or something equally geeky!

15. Obi_one_and_only

Jul 18, 2001
    Booked tickets!
    UGC Rebfield St Glasgow 00:35 19/5/2005.

Se you there. :)

16. Callie_Skye

Oct 13, 2004
    No!! stop booking! *laughs* I can't buy tickets till monday and there's has to be some left for me!!

*grins*

yeah, that would be really cool, meeting up before we go in!

17. Obi_one_and_only

Jul 18, 2001
    DOn't worry. There are still plenty of seats. :)

18. Callie_Skye

Oct 13, 2004
    Good. =) Maybe it's just us obsessive freaks that worry it's going to be sold out a month ahead of time. *laughs*

What screen is it showing on? Anybody?

19. Obi_one_and_only

Jul 18, 2001
    My ticket:

Screen 3
    00:35
    19/05/05
    Seat Q14

20. Callie_Skye

Oct 13, 2004
    Coolness. Thank you muchly!

21. Callie_Skye

Oct 13, 2004
    Ta da! and I'm finally finished. Went back tonight, returned the tickets I had bought and purchased new ones for the 00:35 showing. Row L seats 15 and 16. Woohoo!

The guy at the desk didn't even know they'd opened up a midnight showing and he'd been telling people all day that there wasn't one. So make sure you're insistant when you go to buy yours. Course he kinda thought I was insane when I wanted to make sure I could get the right seats, he garbled something about their being 500 seats. I'm sure you'll find something you like. *laughs* it was hilarous. But now I'm REALLY excited! It's gonna be a blast.

After I bought the tickets we went window shopping at the scifi shop on buchanan st. Did you know there's a Clone Wars version of Risk? That's gotta be cool. Plus they also have one of those really realish lightsabers... awesome.. =)

22. djcati

Mar 20, 2004
    I booked mine online and it didn't say what seats I got... so I'll probably get crappy ones when I collect them... :(

But -- Forbidden Planet = BEST STORE EVER. :D And I am so going to get that SW version of Risk (I saw it in the Argos catalogue yesterday). Hehe, that's gonna be so cool...

23. kale_xander1138

kale_xander1138 Jedi Youngling

Feb 5, 2004
    booked tix for the 0035 showing at the UGC.

i guess this means the end of all this craziness really is nigh....

24. Darth_Allardyce

Darth_Allardyce Jedi Youngling

Jul 1, 2004
    I have my tickets for the Vue in Hamilton, will be dressed in a Cellic shirt, I'm going as rebel scum

Just kidding!! :)

25. Callie_Skye

Oct 13, 2004
    21 more days!! woohoo!! (if I counted right... heh, the calendar is very far away) I'm sooo excited!! Asda in Govan is selling the novelisation for £9.99 and I really want to buy it but I would be too tempted to read it before the 19th... so I haven't =(

Hey, do you guys think the bar in the UGC is going to be open until midnight? Just wondering where a good place to hang out during the hours leading up to it would be. I'd say maybe we could all hang around and scare people in Walkabout.. but I think it has an over 21's only policy.. and everybody isn't over 21.

Anybody have any pre-movie plans?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.