main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

UGC, Odeon, Showcase or UCI - Best Venue for ROTS Prem?

Discussion in 'Archive: Scotland' started by Lizardmonkey, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi_one_and_only

Obi_one_and_only Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 18, 2001
    Yeah, grow a beard like Obi-Wan. :p

It's getting there, but I think I'll shave before May 19th.

2. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    was swithering about whether or not to do the midnight thing, cos I've got to drive 400 miles to London the next day.......
    but the early reviews have convinced me that I simply cannot miss the first showing.

UGC Renfield St (unfortunately, but the Odeon was sold out) screen 7 (they've put on two screens now) seats F19 thru to F24.
    :)

3. Callie_Skye

Callie_Skye Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 13, 2004
    What's wrong with the UGC? I've always found the odeon to be desperately in need of cleaning when I go. Plus the nacho cheese is gross!

Who's got two screens on? Odeon? UGC? or one in each cinema... *grins* see how easily confused I am??

4. Obi_one_and_only

Jul 18, 2001
    I think he means that the UGC are/is(??) showni STAR WARS on two screens.

5. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    its a fine state of affairs when I need a Greek to translate for me [face_laugh]

yes, UGC has two midnight screens on.
    the Odeon may seem grubbier, but its historic, in that its where I saw the first Star Wars films.

back then, the site where the UGC now stands was the famed Glasgow Apollo, a lovely lovely concert venue where I saw my first ever gigs.

anyway, wednesday night, 18th, I'll be in Nice and Sleazy's, Sauchiehall St, with my team, from about 10pm..... drinking concentration-enhancing buckie. See you there Obi-One ?

6. Callie_Skye

Oct 13, 2004
    ahh.. I see. Alas by the time I got to Glasgow the UGC was already standing tall. =) So it's been my base for all the big movie releases since I've been here.

I think I'm probably gonna do the "out to dinner" thing, but I'm not gonna do the drinking thing. I want to be totally clear headed for this monumental occassion. *grins* and I'm totally okay with ya'll drinking as long as you don't try to puke all over my shoes like some idiot on the train Friday, OR heaven forbid,... talk during the movie. *smiles sweetly* but I'm sure you would never do that. =)

7. Obi_one_and_only

Jul 18, 2001
    I'll try to be there MrDD.

How about a group meeting/photo at the UGC?

8. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    aye, lets congregate outside and stuff.

there'll be the usual bunch of winkers in fat jedi gear hanging about, so the street will be fun.

9. Callie_Skye

Oct 13, 2004
    Hope it warms up a bit before then! Today was bloody cold!! It's supposed to be May for goodness sake!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.