main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ugh!!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Fresno, CA' started by Sparticus, Aug 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sparticus

Sparticus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    Okay, I'm tired of this!!!! So are we forming a Fanforce or what?!

2. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    This alllll we gotta do folks. not hard :)

Meet at the new Barnes and Noble.
    Easy. We all meet there. nice, calm public place. We meet each other. Introduce ourselves. Get to know a bit. Easy, fun, no pressure.

Go get a small lunch.
    We all trapse over to a diner or someplace that can hold a number of people. We get a unch, talk, joke, make friends. Have a blast.

Go catch a movie.
    Decide on what to see, and see it.

Get some dinner.
    Afterwards we all get some dinner and laugh and joke, reminesce, and plan the next meet. By then everyone knows everyone else. We know each other's interest. We're left with good times and full guts.

Depart
    Happy trails to you. Until we meet again!

Unless someone comes up with something else, that's good enough. It's the first meeting. We're not going to be all hugs and kisses no matter what we do. Now, when's good for everybody? Weekend obviously what with school coming up. I say the middle of August sometime. No specific date until we decide.
    I know we all want this as much as anybody else. But I'm thinking everybody has the idea that we'll wake up one morning and it'll be planed. Well I got us a plan. Let's talk date/times.

3. Jedi-Finney

Jedi-Finney Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    that sounds like a good idea! we should go to denny's there is one right by riverpark where that barnes and nobles is... cant be this weekend though because valens is in new orleans with his band...

4. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    T_W_D,

Well said. Let us get serious and plan this out! Like you stated, the meeting isn't going to plan itself. Begin the time/date discussions. I must let you know in advance that this weekend, and the final one in August are "No goes" for me. Other than that, I don't foresee a problem.

5. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    This weekend isn't good for me either.
    Too soon.
    OK! This is what we do!
    Everybody look at their calenders and let us know when you can't make it.
    Don't count work because when we decide on a date, we can all just request that day off.
    The one date I know I can't make it is on the 17th. I have a little banquet thing to go to.
    And the 7th is my mom's birthday so I'm not gonna miss that.
    What about everybody else?

6. Sparticus

Sparticus Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    I'm pretty much free untill.... well, I'm usualy always free. Whenever we decide on a date, I'll mark it down on the calender and staple it to my parents heads so that they DO NOT plan something for that day, because whenever I have something I need to be at, something else alllways comes up and it's TOTALY THEIR LACK OF PLANNING!!! Sure, Kri- er, Beans has a band thing, oh we have to go do that but Sparty has a weird nerd Star Wars thing... oh, I'm sory hun... You get the picture.

As far as the movie is concerned, I vote for Reign of Fire. I saw Signs yesterday, goooood movie! :D

7. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    If we don't get more responses by the end of the day, I'll e-mail everybody for the info :)
    This thing just might happen. . . :)

8. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    i vote no on reign of fire, i saw it and trust me, it sucks! lol... i've never actually fell asleep during a movie before but that one i almost did...

9. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    I agree, Reign of Fire isn't that good :/
    It's good enough for popcorn movie night at the house, but not 8 bucks :p
    Alright folks. Name the days you can't make it :)
    If I don't see replies by tomorrow, I'll start PMing. Three days after that, I'll e-mail.
    We're almost there! =D

10. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    basically any day unless its going to be late, because i have work at 10 pm and 9 pm on sundays... i usually have monday and tusday off, so i have like all night to do nothing on those nights... a movie or whatever...

11. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    Finney's set.
    I get my schedule weekly, but I can request a day off.
    I'm thinking of quitting the job anyway :p

12. Jedi-Finney

Mar 22, 2001
    quitting my job sounds so good right now, i hate it so much, but i need the money so i have to live with it!

13. Jirin_Raman

Jirin_Raman Jedi Master star 4

Apr 6, 2002
    My schedule, at least thus far, would only allow for a weekend gathering for me. I cannot make it at all this week or weekend, nor can I make it anytime the last week/weekend.

14. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    August 24th?
    How's August 24th for everybody?
    On a Saturday, gives us time to request days off, and gives us time to prepare.
    It's not next week, it's not the last week.
    Should be a good day for everybody! =D
    I'll start a thread so it's more readily accessible.

15. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    Just remember, you only need at least 3 people to show up for the meeting to be official. Someone needs to take the initiative and decide on a date, location, and time. Make sure to PM or email me a write-up about your meeting with the above info, a brief description of what you will be doing at the meeting, and the name/email of a contact person people can contact for more information. Thanks!

Linda :)

16. jedivalens

jedivalens Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Im back from New Orleans. the 24th sounds good to me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.