main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Uhh guys...E3 started like a day ago.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Soontir-Fel, Jul 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Does anyone care? Was there anything cool?

2. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    Wii's getting an "accuracy" add-on to the remote.

20GB 360 is now $299 to make way for the new 60GB model.

A Portal spin-off game is being made for XBLA (and PC I would assume).

Final Fantasy XIII is coming to the 360, probably a year after it shows up on the PS3

Microsoft is ripping of Mii's with Avatars.

360 is getting streaming movies from Netflix.

Rock Band 2 set list was released. 84 songs, 20 free downloads, it's backwards compatible with songs you downloaded for RB1, and you can save the songs on the RB1 disk to your hard drive to use on RB2.

A bunch of games got dates.

Sony and Nintendo haven't had their conferences yet.

3. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    XBox 720
    KOTOR 3
    Playboy The Mansion: Multiplayer Edition
    Tie Fighter: Empire

4. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    HELL YES
    PBTMME

5. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    E3 isn't as cool as it once was, so meh. PAX seems like a much better time.

6. SithLordPat

SithLordPat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2005
    Present E3 is definetly nothing in comparison to what it used to be.

But definetly still some cool things coming from the convention.
    GHIV news
    RB2 news (it's going to fail in comparison to ghiv but I digress)
    360 & Wii announcements thus far
    etc...

7. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    Listen, Guitar Hero sucks compared to Rock Band.

Rock Band has Dream Theater and The D.

8. SithLordPat

SithLordPat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2005
    Ha no.
    I think the only think Rock Band has ong GHIV right now is AC/DC.
    But really...anyone can write a song consiting of the same three chords, 'gnarled' vocals, and sing about the same 3 or 4 subjects.

And come on Dream Theater -_-?

But it's all good.

9. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
  10. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    So I wonder if this new Xbox 360 dashboard update will be mandatory? The way it looked at the presentation, it'll make all your themes and gamerpics obsolete. Left 4 Dead looks incredible. Also, funny to see Wiimote problems in the golf game. So much for 1:1.

On the other hand, Netflix confirmed for the 360. Goodbye, free time. Been nice knowin' ya.

Anybody else call the "888" number in the Fallout 3 trailer? You get the Vault-Tec spokesman saying "thanks for calling," and that there're 100 or so million other customers on the line, and the wait-time will be, like, 50 thousand hours.

11. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Just saw the Wii Clone Wars trailer.

Head to head saber fights!!!!!!

12. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006
    The Nintendo conference sucked.
    EDIT: The Sony thing starts in a few minutes. Hopefully they'll show stuff that is somewhat interesting since I don't really care for anything on that system as of now.
    EDIT 2: Holy **** they're arrogant. "I HAS MORE EXCLUSIVES THAN YOU!!!"

13. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I was pretty disapointed by it myself. I thought we would see a Kid Icarus or F-Zero game announced. The most interesting thing they talked about, IMO, was the new Grand Theft Auto game for the DS. This was very surprising to me considering Nintendo's past stance against the GTA series and similar games.

14. Unit-Zero

Unit-Zero Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2004
    I agree, big letdown Nintendo. I know you don't usually pull the big guns out for E3 though. Please get it right at TGS and/or Spaceworld.

15. Master-Fett

Master-Fett Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 25, 2002
    I agree. It's like Microsoft said "Hey, we have a kick ass dashboard.... but it's nothing like Sony's and Nintendo's.... lets dumb it down just for the sake of making it look like theirs!"

I don't know WHAT they're going to do about the themes and gamerpics... they are completely ****ing everyone over who has ever bought a theme or gamer pics.... and I can't see M$ reimbursing everyone.

16. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    Isn't there going to be like an Xbox Live Pro or something to that effect? It sounds like that may cost even more than Gold, and it would have the avatars.

17. DDL

DDL Jedi Master star 4

Nov 5, 2005
    Fallout 3's looking good.

18. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    I care.

19. Drew_Atreides

Drew_Atreides Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    Though, for some reason, their portable systems always seem to get a pass.

I own both the GTA for the original Gameboy and the GTA that came out for the Gameboy Advance (that was actually not a bad game! Did what it could to mimic the style of the console games.) I'd be interested in seeing what happens with a GTA for the DS... If nothing else, the Transformers game proved that it was at least possible to produce a 3D sandbox game on the system..

20. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Good news -- it's been confirmed that all of our old themes and gamerpics will still be usable. Even with this, though, I still don't like the new update. It just looks like it's trying to be something else other than a video game console.

The conference wasn't entirely substance-free. They are bringing new stuff to the table, but it's all casual games and/or peripheral-related. The new motion-precision does look excellent. I'm wondering how much a second dongle will cost -- after all, you get one free with Wii Sports Resort. $15, maybe?

I was sad that there was no mention of storage at all, and no mention of downloadable-anything, period.

And I remember reading something from Reggie saying that core gamers would not be left out of N's E3 presence. Oh, really? What...CoD? Animal Crossing? There's a lot of potential in the Motion Plus, Speak, and Balance Board, but we didn't see a ton of it today. Now I have to wonder if that was just misleading spin, or botched plans.

Though, the idea of a WiiHolster is excellent. Should trademark it. It's probably already been done.

I don't think Nintendo really feel the need to impress anyone this year with anything but financial statistics. We get it already, you sold a lot of them. Now capitalize on it, you fools!

21. Vengance1003

Vengance1003 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2006
    Sony's thing was predictable.
    EDIT: But, I must say that Little Big Planet and GOW 3 look awesome.

22. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    oooh, DC Universe online looked kinda pretty. I forgot if we hate Jim Lee, Soontir?

23. Hoojib_Wrangler

Hoojib_Wrangler Jedi Knight

Jul 18, 2006
    I love Nintendo, but good God! That woman who came on and started prattling about being a 'mom' and then showing us the letter her kid wrote her about how awesome she is...my eyes and ears were bleeding.

I did enjoy the irony of Nintendo painting itself so family friendly, but then previews Call of Duty with players gleefully torching enemy soldiers with flamethrowers. Can I get one, too, Mommy?

And I'd buy Animal Crossing if the toons had to deal with rising property values and a credit crisis. Oh, and if one of them was addicted to meth.

24. Unit-Zero

Unit-Zero Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 13, 2004
    Well, each time you expand the house you take another huge loan out from Nook... that's something...

25. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    I am super excited about FFXIII coming to the 360! Now I just have to beat XII before it comes out. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.