main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit UK Book Releases: Delayed & Missing

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Kast_Morben, Apr 25, 2002.

1. theprincess

theprincess Jedi Youngling

Aug 12, 2011
    Got e-mail from AMAZON they have dispatched Heir to the Empire today 9/9 and should be with me by the 12/9[face_praying] [face_dancing] [face_laugh]

2. theprincess

Aug 12, 2011
    Got up this morning Heir to the Empire had been delivered. GOT TO LOVE AMAZON =D= [:D]

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Found SWTOR: Revan at the local Waterstones today. Amazon UK has a release date of Nov 15.

4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Not so much missing as upcoming, any UK-based fans ought to head over to amazon.co.uk, they're presently got these prices for these upcoming trades:

Star Wars Legacy War £7.69 (RRP £12.99)

Star Wars Jedi The Dark Side £8.79 (RRP £14.99)

5. wo0okie

wo0okie Jedi Youngling

Oct 11, 2003
    We are pleased to report that the following item will dispatch sooner than expected: Daniel Wallace "Book of Sith: Secrets from the Dark Side"Previous estimated arrival date: February 18 2012 New estimated arrival date: January 17 2012 - January 18 2012[face_dancing] thank you Amazon !

6. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    That's good news! However, the price is too expensive for my blood. If they offer just the book at a cheaper price then I'll bite.

7. theprincess

Aug 12, 2011
    got Darth plaguis novel from amazon yest, thurs , just started it looking pretty good. on another note loved REVEN novel didnt want it to end, but wanted to get to end to find out. Nailbiteing. Wasnt fussed on shadow games .Choices of one not bad.

8. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'm still waiting on Plagueis from Amazon UK. It's shipped but I took the free shipping option which is slower. If it doesn't come tomorrow hopefully it will Monday.

9. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    I've bought The Phantom Menace Extended Visual Dictionary on Amazon, wednesday. But it's already friday and it hasn't even been dispatched. Anyone else with the same problem?

10. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    It only came out yesterday according to Amazon UK. I've had stuff get shipped a day or two later than the date on the site. Did you have anything else in the order that might be holding it up?

11. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No. It looks like it will only be shipped after the weekend...

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Darth Plagueis novel came from Amazon UK today. Next on the reading list!

13. theprincess

Aug 12, 2011
    found The Wrath Of Darth Maul in Forbidden Planet. 2 weeks ago i hope this does not contridict the Darth Plagius novel, and how sidious gets maul.

14. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I got Wrath of Darth Maul from Amazon last week, so it seems the shipments must have just been delayed a bit I guess.

I'm still irritated that Audible still hasn't got the Plagueis audiobook up. The US site had it the day of the hardback's release.

I know Amazon has it available on CD, but I've got Audible credits to use up and they work out to being about 75% cheaper.

15. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I haven't read it, but I doubt that it does. The Plagueis book clearly reflects Maul's new TCW origins, and the Wrath book has Savage and Maul not being dead, while getting into things mentioned in the Plagueis book like Orsis, so both books are meant to be consistent with TCW. To put it another way, the Wrath book seems to be only the most recent of the various other books whose events are referenced in Darth Plagueis in second-hand fashion.

16. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I thought Plagueis and Wrath dovetailed pretty nicely.

17. wo0okie

wo0okie Jedi Youngling

Oct 11, 2003
    A bit concerned that my copy of Apocalypse from the UK Amazon is not due for release until the end of March so I have sent out my Dark Eye probe droids and discovered this http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/Star-Wars-Fate-Jedi-Apocalypse-Troy-Denning/9780345509222 - I have ordered this in the (New) hope that it will be released at the beginning of March - am I taking an awful risk (...Lord Vader) [face_skull]

18. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I have heard of the company. I don't recall if I've ordered anything from them or not. If I did it was through the Amazon Marketplace, not from that site.
    They are probably going to try for the US edition, which I think is out March 10. I'll probably just order from Amazon UK and avoid the spoiler thread here til I read it. I need to read the latest book beforehand anyway to refresh the story in my mind.

19. eddie1969

eddie1969 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 3, 2005
    I absolutely adore the BookDepository! They often have stuff even before Amazon ships it out (Although I have to admit that I am talking about the juvie stuff, instead of the 'adult' novels).

20. wo0okie

wo0okie Jedi Youngling

Oct 11, 2003
    Good to know they've been ahead of the game on other releases, even if it is the US edition of the title - if they ship as promised, I might well be contributing to a spoiler thread for a change. Thanks also for the recommendation about the Darth Maul book - have ordered this through Amazon today. :)

21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    I buy lots from Book Depository. Watch out for them having the US edition paperbacks, can get them quite a bit cheaper than UK prices, Knight Errant for £3.25 anyone?

I know some other posters have had bad experiences, but for me BD have been great and act as excellent competition for Amazon - despite now being owned by them.

22. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    I often use BD for new releases whenever they've got an earlier release date than Amazon itself. Can't say I've ever had any problems personally.

But, yeah, be aware that they'll often be US imports, so if having all your books be standard sizes is something important to you, then BD can be hit and miss in that regard.

23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    That's an element of the collector mentality I've never really gotten - so what if one book is 1mm shorter than another?

24. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'm also not that nit-picky about book sizes - mine are a mix of US and UK editions.

25. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Posted this over in the LOTM: 8: Secrets thread but in case anyone missed it there:

Attention all UK posters - bargain alert!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0345511379/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

Amazon are taking preorders for the US collected edition due at the end of July for the cost of £3.80, the UK version price in contrast is around the £7.19 mark!

Now I'm not that interested in the lost tribe, but I like JJM's work and for the money I'm spending, it's well worth a gamble!