main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO [UK] Developer Blitz Games Studio Goes Out of Business

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by LAJ_FETT , Sep 12, 2013.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    BBC News

So another games developer has bitten the dust. Blitz was apparently known for tie-ins for Shrek, Spongebob Squarepants, and Mickey Mouse, amongst others. Blame was put on the delays with next-gen consoles and the mobile gaming market.

2. jacktherack

jacktherack Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2008
    The only game i played that they made was the Mummy Returns for the ps2. It got a lot of bad reviews but i remember thinking it was a good game when i playe it. i was looking for it on ebay so i could buy it. (i also played the burger king games but they don't really count.)

3. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    You know, or the fact that they've exclusively made shovelware for the past 15 years.

But no, it's because of the longer generation (fun fact: for Sony this generation has only been six months longer than the last), and mobile gaming. While the former has evidence of actually affecting game sales, the latter does not. Mobile gaming targets a different audience than console gaming for the most part.

So while I hope the devs find another job, I kind of hope it's nothing to do with video games.