main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

UK FF / Fan Force Brittish Isles // FFUK Clearance thread. - Rox & Admins please read.

Discussion in 'FanForce Communications' started by toochilled, Aug 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Asabrush

Darth_Asabrush Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 21, 2000
    Maybe it's time to put it to the vote over at "BIFF"!

2. LadyVader81

LadyVader81 Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 2, 2001
    I think we need to discuss what we are going to be called as well I mean a third are calling it FF-UK another BIFF and another fan force british isles.

3. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
    Yeah, there needs to be a consenus on this as well. However, one thing at a time.

If we sort the icon we can then concentrate on the banner - which should incorporate our new anronym.

BIFF - I think that is a rather dashing replacement for FFUK!

However, we will never be able to stop people calling FFUK/BIFF/FFBI/Whatever.

LV, let's do the icon and then maybe put the "name" to the vote?

Thoughts?

4. LadyVader81

LadyVader81 Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 2, 2001
    Thing is the name will need to go onto the icon it's a bit of the chicken and the egg story.

So really if we do the icon first we can't get it uploaded until we have our name sorted out.

5. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
    Yeah but at least we will have an icon for whoever (probably UKS) to add the name on afterwards. That is easy enough. It would save him some work and be a good starting point IMO.

What do you think? We could take this to PM to work out the details.

There is a danger we could go on forever. I'm just trying to move things forward. :)

6. Charis

Charis Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 29, 2002
    Name vote first makes sense if you think about it :)

Plus, wouldn't it be nice to have one person organising things instead of having several people (perhaps our CR for instance).

I don't have an objection to the icons suggested but it would have been nice to have other people making suggestions instead of just the one! Too late now, but a tender would have been more democratic the do you want this icon or not :D

7. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
    I agree 100% Charis!

Any decision like this affecting our community's identity should be put to the vote IMO.

8. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    Then make some Charis!

FF is 100% voluntary. If only one person makes the icons {which incidently has not been the case here} then only one creators icons will be there to choose from.

i think things are going as well as can be expected to be honest :)

9. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
    tc is right. Anyone is free to contribute. Its just that UKS has been making the bulk (but not all) of the icons. Most of which were requests from other FF-UKers!

10. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    Well, I never expected to be commented on for making icons! :p

I am sure there is nothing preventing others making them, and in fact, I prefer the George one by The_Maker, myself.

Whether it is because I have more skills in Photoshop, (or more likely), simply the inclination to make them at the time....

Anyway, Shall we take this back into BIFF/FFUK/FFBI?

One thing though, we must all remember that with the small membership at this time, each user has more input then say in a larger forum such as the JCC.

However, this means that everyone can be precious about their creations and ideas.

I am sure that once a choice is available and the alternatives are reviewed, we can all come to a decision.

EDIT: Also the "George, Yes or no" thread has simulated debate and it looks like there may be another poll with a larger choice.

UKS

11. Darth_Asabrush

May 21, 2000
    Agreed. This belongs in BIFF/FFBI/FFUK! ;)

12. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Going to close for now as the discussion has moved back home.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.