main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit UK Magazine #7.13 - "Memory Loss"

Discussion in 'Literature' started by TOD-UK, Dec 16, 2014.

1. TOD-UK

TOD-UK Jedi Grand Master star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    So the latest UK magazine has another new 8 page comic strip entitled "Memory Loss", and this one is truly fantastic.

It takes place immediately after Bail Organa decrees that 3PO has a memory wipe at the end of ROTS, and it's really a very tender bittersweet tale, with some genuine heroism from 3PO. This one would have fitted well into the Tales series, and it's just a shame that more people won't get to read it

Barriss_Coffee likes this.
  2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    It's also the last UK SW comic magazine for now - the run has ended with this issue. Maybe they will do another series closer to the release of TFA.

3. cdgodin

cdgodin Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2009
    Has there been a definitive statment on if these stories were canon or not?

4. A8T

A8T Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2014
    Canon.
    Can't remember where it is but essentially Leland Chee send in a tweet yes recently, to this these short comics in magazines.

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Was that tweet before or after 'Legends' was announced?

6. TOD-UK

Mar 4, 2002
    That's a shame. Since it stopped being exclusively TCW focused there's been some cracking stories

7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah. That's why I'm wondering if it will come back in some fashion closer to the release date for the new film.

8. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Does Bail hold up the memory eraser and shout "Obliviate!" ?

9. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014

i dont think it is as definitive as that to be honest. here is the comments Chee made regarding the UK comics.

Recently, I asked Leland Chee about the canonicity of certain products, and Florian from Jedi-Bibliothek told me I should share the answers for the English-speaking fans (just as he did for the German fans, see link below).

So, as im sure you can work out is that there is no way of knowing which stories are legends and which are canon. Some were written prior to the Legends cut off date and some after. In fact there is no real way of knowing at all. the published date of a comic is irrelevant. As Chee himself says, some lingering stories have slipped through the net, how can we say which have and which should be canon. impossible to say.

the german rebels comic is a bit more straightforward, but even then, he contradicts his own statement by stating that everything is story group approved, but then they can effectively do what they like.

I vere on the side of caution until there is better confirmation to what has been put forward thus far.

10. _Catherine_

_Catherine_ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2007
    Any indication of when the previous comic 'Leia's Trust' takes place?

11. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Has this come out yet?

12. A8T

A8T Jedi Master star 2

Jun 9, 2014
    After I think. I can't find the tweet again sadly. I am not really a Twitter user.

13. TOD-UK

Mar 4, 2002
    Yep, I bought it yesterday

14. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    I tried to get it through my provider in the UK but does not seam to have it. Do you know of anyone else that sells it and ships internationally?

15. TalonCard

TalonCard •Author: Slave Pits of Lorrd •TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jan 31, 2001
    What exactly is the danger of not being cautious here? [face_laugh] :p

TC

16. Endol

Endol Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2014
    it costs too much money to catch up on missed comics!!!

17. jasonfry

jasonfry VIP star 4 VIP

Nov 11, 2003
    Neat story -- and inadvertently a nice farewell to the mag. It's almost like the flipside of Ryder Windham's great "Thank the Maker," with Vader and Threepio during TESB. Really hope they collect the UK comics stuff someday!

18. Darth_Henning

Darth_Henning Jedi Master star 4

Jun 1, 2007
    Tod? do you have coppies of the entire run??

If so would you kindly PM me about that project we've been working on? Thanks

19. jaoblias

jaoblias Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 23, 2012
    Leia has a bounty on her head placed by the Empire so this takes place after ANH but that's all we have to go on, most of the UK strips seem to exist in those vague 3 years between ANH and ESB.

Also is Memory Loss the last strip of this volume, or the last strip of the UK magazine strips in general? I thought they were re-branding for Rebels.

20. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    The letter I got with the issue said it was the last one and subscriptions would be switched to another of their magazines. I managed to get mine switched to extend my Insider subscription after calling them. The letter said nothing about rebranding.

21. lowell

lowell Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 11, 2014
    I'm guessing the next magazine will be the U.S./U.K. version of the German Star Wars Rebels Magazine published by Titan Magazines.

jaoblias likes this.
  22. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013
    Poo. As a Yank I'm missing out on these. :( I wish I could see them!