main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ultimate Alien Anthology

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by O-B-GATES, Aug 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. O-B-GATES

O-B-GATES Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2003
    Is this the place to discuss this book? If it's not, please direct me. I'll post more specific stuff after I hear from a mod or admin.

Thanks,

ob

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Go for it. I thought we had another thread on it somewhere back though...

3. O-B-GATES

Apr 29, 2003
    dp4m, I used the search function and could find it. If would be so kind of bumping it up, that would be great. If not I'll shoot with my questions.

4. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Nevermind -- I locked that one 'cause it was before the book came out. Go ahead... :)

5. O-B-GATES

Apr 29, 2003
    Great! Thanks for your help!

Now...

What kind of info does it say about Oppo Rancisis? Wasn't he involved in some type of battle on his homeplanet? Clearly I haven't picked up the book yet (the price is outrageous!).

Does it have some cool tidbit about Kit Fisto? He is on the cover afterall.

dp, you have the book?

6. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    It doesn't say anything about PEOPLE, it's all generic racial stuff for the various species that I'm aware of...

7. FrobiWanKenobi

FrobiWanKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2002
  8. O-B-GATES

Apr 29, 2003
    Thanks for all the assistance, folks.

9. O-B-GATES

Apr 29, 2003
    Who actually HAS this book?

10. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
  11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    The book, in fact, does rock.

12. Diverjkc

Diverjkc Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 9, 2002
    I have noticed something about my group. NO ONE plays a human. So the UAA was a blessing, so many choices, so many...

13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I LOVE playing humans when I can!

14. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    My group is half human and half non human. I think only one person got his species from the UAA. It's still a great book though, esspecailly when you need some nasty villians.

15. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    When did this book come out? I'm slowly beginning my collection of books and I'm trying to get the most recent ones first so I don't have to turn around 6 months from now and buy it again :p

Most of the people I know would probably be Human Jedi Guardians if I let them, but I probably won't :D

16. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    I think it came out around March or April.

17. Tremaniac

Tremaniac Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    I picked it up. It gave me the Kushiban Jedi Weapon Master NPC and several aliens for players to use. Overall I was seriously impressed with it.

18. Lego_Palpatine

Lego_Palpatine Jedi Youngling

Jun 30, 2002
    Fingorfin refuses to let me play a Kushiban.

He's mean. ;)

-LP

19. Tremaniac

Tremaniac Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2002
    That much cuteness may not be for everyone! Side effects may include bouts of "Awwwwww-ing", scratching behind the ears, being fed pet food, use of a litter box and being forgotten about for days on end. Kushiban is not for everyone. Please consult your GM before playing a Kushiban.

20. DarthArraKul

DarthArraKul Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 30, 2003
    lol..

i hear ya trem

UAA is an awsome sourcebook
    i list it under the must haves for any GM
    it actually is one of the best books in all of the series.... as far as how useful it will be in session to session use

we have access to all the books published by WotC in my group.. as well as almost all the WEG stuff as well and this book is better done than anything similar that came before

IMHO all we need now is the giant book of star wars monsters... and between the movies and EU there are a plenty that i would like to see..

as far as monsters go.... usually for now i just adapt something form D&D

21. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    the UAA is really hot. i especially like the fact that it incorporates d20 stats for a lot of the more obscure alien races from the old WEG d6 Galaxy Guide: Alien Races books, like the guys with the holes in their heads.

22. dizfactor

dizfactor Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 12, 2002
    That much cuteness may not be for everyone! Side effects may include bouts of "Awwwwww-ing", scratching behind the ears, being fed pet food, use of a litter box and being forgotten about for days on end. Kushiban is not for everyone. Please consult your GM before playing a Kushiban.

if you hate your GM, form a group which consists entirely of Kushiban, Gungans, Ewoks and Hoojibs.

you could maybe throw in one of whatever Jaxxon is and maybe one of the E.T. aliens from the Senate scene in TPM.

23. Tramp

Tramp Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    Dizfactor, that is scarey. However, you forgot one- the Squib. [face_devil]

24. O-B-GATES

Apr 29, 2003
    "A Thisspiasian named Oppo Rancisis inherited the position of monarch but later reliquished the title in favor of staing in the Jedi Order. During the Clone Wars, Rancisis attempted to persuade the ruling monarch to take a stand against Count Dooku and the Separtists. After losing to Rancisis in a trial of unarmed combat, the Thisspiasian monarch grudgingly allowed Thisspiassian warriors to aid the Republic in several critical battles."

This is the info I was looking for. Thanks everyone for your help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.