main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Ultimate Fantasy: Cosmic Realm: Realm of Free-Play

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by DarkSide_Apprentice, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkSide_Apprentice

DarkSide_Apprentice Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2001
    ULTIMATE FANTASY: COSMIC REALM: HOME OF FREE-PLAYERS:

In an effort to accommodate free-play and creative thinkers who do not wish to be bound by stories, rules, guidelines, and plots developed by the Game Masters of the Ultimate Fantasy Community, a new realm has been created. Referred to as the Cosmic Realm, or the Realm of Free-Play, this thread is specifically designed for players and members of the Ultimate Fantasy to play without fear of persecution or judgement from Game Masters, except by those parties in their capacity as beings that control the cosmos, that is, as in-character gods and creators and managers of the universe that we have available to us to explore and make of as we please.

The usual rules to the Ultimate Fantasy Community apply, except that all bios for characters that are not gods, will be accepted. All you need to do is post them. That said, should you wish to play within this realm, you participate knowing that you might fall prey to one of the Game Master incarnations through their characters. The purpose here is to allow players to wield tremendous IC and OOC power and freedom to do as they please, within reason.

There are virtually no limitations on magic, physical ability and the like. The only restriction is that you accept what fate comes before you. By posting within this thread, you agree to as much, and are more than happy to explore the avenues of near limitless power and ability, knowing that such attributes might be revoked from you at any time, for whatever reason.

Please note that posts will be limited to only three per user per twenty four hours, and restricted to a maximum of 100 words. That includes bios.

Given the severe nature of this thread and it's potential for bedlam, I encourage you not to get carried away because the forum Moderator(s) will not hesitate to lock this thread, remove posts, or otherwise put an end to this opportunity for exploration and free play.

AUGUSTIOUSILLAIN - REALM OF THE GODS - THE GREAT MOUNTAIN

There were realms and peoples more diverse and widespread than could be conjured by even the most wild imaginations. Illuthorin, Master of the Universe and the Cosmos, the King of gods and Great Judge, was content with the creation of all things.

Good and Evil struggled for dominance, just as Life was in conflict with Death, as Love was with War, and all other manner of powers, spirits, beings, entities and things. From the pinnacle of Augustiousillian, the Great Mountain and home of the gods, Illuthorin watched over the Realms of the Universe.

There were four Realms that drew his particular watch. He was, after all, the Keeper of Balance. First was the Realm of Light and Life, where Goodness thrived, people prospered and Love blossomed. Second, was the Realm of Darkness and Death, where Evil festered, demons reigned and War engulfed all things. Third, was the cosmic bastille, an enormous prison land, inescapable and plagued by outcasts and misfits alike. Finally, there was the waking world, where beings lived freely, without cosmic powers among them.

Travel between worlds was near impossible, and for good reason. Only the powers that guarded these four realms were able to grant passage to or from the place over which they had been assigned. Illuthorin, Keeper of Balance and creator of all things, possessed the infinite burden, or pleasure, though he saw it as neither of the two, of overseeing all realms, with attributes and abilities of his own to rival even the mightiest of his fellow gods. So it was that they accepted his authority, for his power and influence was such that he never favoured Good over Evil or Love over War. He simply accepted the Way of the Cosmos, and enforced Balance to ensure it.

2. LightSide_Apprentice

LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 22, 2001
    GUIDELINES TO FOLLOW:

Basic Rules, which apply to all threads being part of the Ultimate Fantasy, are as follows:

1) The Game Master's word is final. If there are any problems, they should be taken to PMs.

2) Sub-GMs are the authority where the Game Master is absent or unavailable. They are considered limited in authority to their own thread.

3) GMs are not 'above' anyone else. Their role is primarily that of a guide and problem solver. Feel free to approach them as such. You will find they are often open to reason.

4) In and out of character information should be displayed as such.

5) Use common sense and courtesy: ie. no god-moding, flaming, coarse language etc.

6) Faction leaders are exactly that and should be treated as such.

7) Battles, duels or other confrontations are to be conducted on a turn-basis.

8) Be prepared to have your own characters lost, killed, disintegrated, captured and discredited because such outcomes are always a possibility.

9) Keep a realistic approach at all times, without focusing on excessive technical detail.

10) The Golden Rule: Treat others as you would like them to treat you. Better yet, treat them as they would like to be treated.

Note: Staying true to character is a given requirement, and expected.

3. Rayson

Rayson Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2002
    I never cease to be amazed. I swear.

4. Dark-Enigma

Dark-Enigma Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 8, 2006
    So is this, in other words, a God-moding Arena of sorts? [face_mischief]

5. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Might as well start things off..... ;)

Name: Kuno "Jubei" Miyamoto_ The Wandering Swordsman
    Species (Lifeform): Appears as Human Male ( Oni Warrior )
    Faction (Allegiance): Neutral/ The Fates
    Home: None
    Place of Birth: Forgotten

How long....how long had he been walking these strangelands. He didn't know and by now he didn't care. He was begining to feel the heaviness of his armour as it conspired to slow his progress, but stubbornly, he pressed on.

He wasn't sure where he was going or why, but as usual, he'd find out when he got there, wherever that was.

Finally, in the distance he saw it. He perceived nothing else around him but the tavern. He smacked his parched lips and began to hurry his pace, ignoring everything and everyone around him. His red armour was covered with dust and his hair was a dishevelled mess, but he did not care about appearances. Onward he trudged on, suddenly finding a surprise reserve of strength, even though his willpower was nigh limitless.

With a surge of strength to belie his exhaustion, Jubei kicked in the taverns doors, but not to the point of trashing them. His glassy eyes were focused on the bar ahead of him, and even in this state, his hand would not leave the hilts of his two swords.

Finally making it to the bar, he took an empty seat which was just vacated by a patron who'd seen him approach. Jubei literally threw himself on the seat and slammed down a powerful fist on the table.

His dry mouth parted finally as he demanded......" SSSaaakee!"

Tag: DSA

( C'mon ppl, don't shy ) :)

6. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    OOC: Being able to use magic from the get-go is very appealing for my characters, but, is this realm based on the same island continent as the main UF thread, eg. Callanthorith?

Edit: Decided once and for all to see what the colour coding was about, and read OOCs should be in red.

7. HunterPrime

HunterPrime Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2004
    Name: Chu'ra Tempi
    Species: Human+
    Female
    Faction: Allegiance (the Fates)
    Home: None - Wanderer
    Place of Birth: Unknown

The earling morning sun, is rising above the far horizon. Chu'ra, slowly streached, opening her eyes. She had slept well the night before, out in the forest. She enjoyed the forest, as she journeyed on her travels. There was a pattern to things here. And if one knew the rules, one could survive the niteshades.

She slowly rose, and as she prepared for the day, hunted about for a few of the natural berries and other foods found within the forrest. It had been awhile, sense she had enjoyed the taste of roasted meat. Perhaps it was time to visit the realm of man.

"Hmmm. What test should I give this time?" she mused to herself, as she perpared for her trip. It was always amusing, especially when those who always claimed to be one thing, turned out as another. But then, that was the fun of it all. She would find out soon enough. Soon, she left the shaded glen of the woods, heading for the main city.

A few hours later, A large brown dog trotted into the city, looking around for a place to find something to eat. It sniffed the air, and soon located the tavern. The smell coming from within it was wonderful. Perhaps they would have an extra bone or two, to throw to a starving dog. The dog slowly trotted over towards the tavern. It moved, and then laid down, near the entrace to the tavern. Anyone that came near, the beast would slowly sit up, and wag its tail, looking rather pathetic. If left alone, the animal would slowly lay back down, and rest its huge head on its paws, looking out, as if waiting for something.

Tag: Anyone

8. DarkSide_Apprentice

Jun 30, 2001
    It was all so very ordinary. Magical powers swirled within the air like a thick mist. They were so widespread and profound they might have suffocated a lesser, unworthy being; a weakling would not survive within an establishment of that kind. At least, not for very long.

A stranger--Jubei was his name--kicked in the tavern's doors, but not to the point of trashing them. His glassy eyes were focused on the bar ahead of him, and even in this state, his hand would not leave the hilts of his two swords.

Finally making it to the bar, he took an empty seat, which was just vacated by a patron who'd seen him approach. Jubei literally threw himself on the seat and slammed down a powerful fist on the table. His dry mouth parted finally as he demanded. "SSSaaakee!"

A man tending the bar glanced toward him, and slid across a cup of sake, or saki, as it was sometimes referred, to the demanding patron. There was no named price, yet. The barman waited, however, allowing the opportunity for compensation to be granted.

Fermented rice was not a common beverage in these parts, but it was made available easily enough. As the barman tended to the other patrons, he kept an eye on the dog at the door. What an interesting creature. The barman watched as one of the patrons walked toward it, leaned over and stroked its fur.

"A meal here for the friend of man?" that patron called, and soon the dog was provided for. The patron offered a few copper coins in exchange for the dog's warm meal, some beef and leftovers that were still warm.

[color=crimson][b]Rayson[/b], now that you are sufficiently amazed and surprised, and whatever else, please keep any OOC comments to a minimum, unless you have something value-added to contribute to this thread and wider community.

[b]Dark-Enigma[/b], this thread is very much like a god-moding arena, just without the god-moding. Unless, of course, you're informed otherwise or are acting in a Game Master capacity.

[b]Sith-I-5[/b], the region of Callanthorith is one region that may be visited, but it is only one of many. Anything that happens within here may not necessarily have an effect upon the other thread(s). Yet on many occassions it certainly will. Callanthorith is referred to in the opening post as the fourth realm, [i]the waking world, where beings lived freely, without cosmic powers among them[/i], yet a parallel will exist within this thread, for some events to have actual effects on the main thread and region that is Callanthorith, and those smaller realms within the region. [u]Note:[/u] the use of colours is presently reserved for Game Masters.[/color]

9. HunterPrime

Apr 17, 2004
    Dog at the Tavern

The large dog looked up..and then sat back down, when the wild eyed man came in, ordering some drink. The dog was about to move away, as it didnt like the way the barman was looking at him,.when someone started making its way over towards it. The dog held steady, as someone walked towards it, and then leaned over and stroked its fur. The dog began to wag its tail.

"A meal here for the friend of man?" that patron called, and soon the dog was provided for. The patron offered a few copper coins in exchange for the dog's warm meal, some beef and leftovers that were still warm. The dog gave a happy soft 'woof!' as a plate of warm food was sat in front of it. It's tail wagging happily. It looked up at the man who had petted its head. The man seemed to be sitting there, just watching him. The dog stood up. Bowing his head down, the dog pushed its plate carefully near where the man sat, and then sat down, and looked up at the man.

TAG: Man who paid for meal, any others

10. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Nameless Tavern

A man tending the bar glanced toward him, and slid across a cup of sake, or saki, as it was sometimes referred, to the demanding patron. There was no named price, yet. The barman waited, however, allowing the opportunity for compensation to be granted.

With a swiftness and a grace uncharacteristic of a mortal man his size, Jubei single handedly scooped the cup and downed the drink.

It was warm and it was served in a porcelain cup.

It was pure ambrosia.

"Ahhhhhhhhh......."

The Warrior's eyes were closed as he slowly brought down the cup unto the table. He took a deep breath, then slowly released it. The warmth in his chest was already spreading out to hi slimbs. A tiny smile appeared, creasing his scruffy face. When his eyes opened, they were alert and fierce. No longer glassy, they glowed with a redish-tint that was slowly supressed.

Jubei clearly understood that fermented rice was not a common beverage in these parts, more over, it was served correctly.

Without making any sudden motions, he reached into his money bag and tossed the barman a silver piece.

"Arigato..." he said with a nod. Then he looked over and saw the porcelain jug. His eyes widened.

"Sake..." he whispered, the smile was now widening.

A gold piece was laid before the barman, then his hand held the barman's forearm for a brief moment before releasing it.

"I'll have that...." his gruff voice was heard saying.

Tag: DSA

11. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Beware, it hast arriveth! The Puddle Thingy! :eek: :p This was approved of by LSA. :)

Character Sheet:

Name: Amurca

Species: Puddle Thingy

A creature born of a Dark Wizard, but messed up do to an intervention of a hero, it begun its life as a puddle...thing..and currently still is in that state, by magic transported to somewhere by the wizard.

To survive, the Puddle Thingy must require five essential ?parts? for its self. When in comes into contact with someone, it copies something from them so it can attain its appearance and ability. However, once these five ?parts? are acquired...that?s it, its done and it now is..whatever it is. The parts it needs is this.

1) Physical Appearance [It will copy someone?s entire physical appearance for its own, minus hair and eyes]
    2) Hair [So its not the exact copy of someone]
    3) Eyes [Ditto]
    4) Strength
    5) Speed

Once it has all its parts needed...it will transform into the being it has created from five other beings.

Faction: None, it is too confused to make an allegiance at the start.

Home: It has none

Place of Birth: Somewhere in Necrosgolgoth, the Realm of Darkness

The glow was intense to the eyes, burning brightly and yet dimly at the same time somehow, it appeared where it was to be for some time. The spark of light was on the ground, glowing, hissing, spitting tiny bits of white flame. Suddenly there was a loud pop and brief trail of smoke that appeared then vanished within the blink of an eye. The spark was gone, the tiny bits of fire were gone, the hissing too, and especially the strange glow. Only a puddle now lay where it once was.

It looked like no special puddle of water or anything. It was clean, not muddy at all, but it was nothing special or out of the ordinary to the glance or even any further investigation. It couldn't move, speak, commune in any way, it gave no specific thought patterns, or as previously stated had no odd appearance. A mere puddle was all it was. Or so it seemed.

So...hazy...so...confusing...w-where am I? What land have I befallen? Am I...dead? What does that mean anyway? Am I...what was it? Alive? What am I? I don't know. Who am I?

A thoughtful pause.

I am Amurca. For as much as that means....

It came to the puddle then that it needed parts, five of them. Hair, eyes, body, strength, & speed.

Speed and movement is what I need most urgently. Speed will be my first part...my first essence of self...

The remembrance and dawning of needing to come into contact while it could not move abruptly presented itself. A undetected mental sigh presented itself in Amurca's mind, if that's what it was.

This could take a while...

Tag: DSA, anyone else

OOC: I hope that is good? :)

12. LeiaHair

LeiaHair Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2003
    LSA told me to post here untill I get into the known relms... so I'm going to post my current two posts on here, and then (since I'm on spring break and have limited time on the internet) I will try to post either later today, or tomorrow....

CHARACTER SHEET
    Name: Lyra Nall
    Species (Lifeform): Human (Necromancer)
    Physical Discription: Tall, slender, delecate features. Long black hair, green eyes, pale skin. A charter mark on the side of her face... it is a mark made from magic and is only visible when a Charter Mage is around, or she is using Charter Magic herself.
    [image=http://img96.imageshack.us/img96/8189/lyra5br.jpg]
    Faction (Allegiance): none, she is a Necromancer of the charter of life... her allegiance is to life... and keeping the dead dead
    Home: she's nomadic, moving from place to place, keeping the dead dead, her bandolier of bells across her chest.
    Place of Birth: Unknown, rumors say she was born within the dark relm, and was a still born, her father, a necromancer himself, pulled her back into life agenst his own beliefs... hence why he banished himself to exile.

Lyra Nall- Necromancer
    Aveena, Free Lands

Aveena, a small village on the border of the free lands beyond the Relm of Men and far away from the the Dark Relm, was lacking human activity. The only activity that could be seen was a few people peeking out their windows and the village elders who quickly ushered Lyra towards the center of town.

Years of dealing with the dead could be seen in Lyra's tired expression. If she were to smile, the young woman could easily be attractive with her hair of ebony and large emerald eyes. Her pale complextion and her lack of muscles almost made her look ill, but the life in her eyes said otherwise.

As the elders led her, Lyra took a large wiff of the sea air. It was filled with death. Death wasn't really a scent, but more of something Lyra had learned to identify the past seven years. The sun dissapeared behind the clouds, and the Charter mark on the left of Lyra's face flashed in a silvery rainbow, then dissapeared once again. Ahead of her was the town center, surrounded by a moat filled with knee deep water which was flowing in the circle. A powerfull Charter Mage must have put the spell on the water to keep it moving.

The dead hated moving water. It reminded them of death, which consisted of seven gates, all connected to a neverending flow of water. Behind eachgate, the water became more powerfull, and the water before the seventh and final gate was unbareable. No one could resist it's flow. It was a gate Lyra had no intentions of visiting untill right before she passed through the last gate of death.

As she stepped into the water, Lyra ran her fingers over the seven bells on the bandolier, each calling out to her. SHe had learned early in her training to never give into the calls of the bells; that she was the master, not the other way around. The bells were in order smallest to largest, the smallest being at the top by her right shoulder and the largest being by her left hip. As her finger touched eachone, their names and purposes ran through her head.

First was Ranna the Sleepbringer, the smallest. It was a rang a sweet, low sound that brings silence in its wake. After that was Mosrael, the waker. A harsh, rowdy bell. The bell whose sound was a seesaw, throwing the ringer futher into Death as it brings the listener into life. Kibeth, the walker, was a bell of sweet sounds, a difficult and countrary bell. It could give the freedom of movement to one of the dead, or walk them throught the next gate. Dyrim, a musical bell, of clear and pretty tone was after Kibeth. Dyrim could return the voice that the Dead have so often lost, but can also still the tongue that moves too freely. Below Dyrim was Belgaer, another tricksome bell that seeks to ring of its own accord. The thinking bell, the bell most necromencers scorn to use. It can restore independent thought, memory, and all the patterns of a living person. But, if

13. DarkSide_Apprentice

Jun 30, 2001
    A smile spread across the patron's lips as he watched the dog wag its tail. He observed the animal as it bowed its head low and pushed its plate carefully, so as to move it closer toward where the man sat. And, then, the dog sat, too, looking up at the man.

"Eat, and enjoy, my four-legged friend. It tastes better when it's warm," said the patron, smiling, as he looked directly into the dogs eyes, and indicated the bowl of warm beef and leftovers.

Meanwhile, the traveler at the bar offered a silver piece for the saki he consumed. What he received from the bartender was a faint smile, expressed only within that man's eyes.

"Arigato..." said the traveler with a nod. He looked over, then, and saw the porcelain jug within which the beverage had been served. His eyes widened upon the sight of it. "Sake..." he whispered, his own smile becoming more wide.

A short exchange passed between the barman and he, in which a gold piece was laid before the barman, as an offer for the porcelain jug. The stranger held the barman's forearm, saying, "I'll have that." And have it he did, for the barman pocketed the piece of gold as swift as a bird to the sky.

Elsewhere...

Life came with some sense of awareness. Sentience was said to be the awareness of self. And, as odd or bizzare, as weird or strange, as freaky and abnormal as it was for a puddle-thing to be alive, that thing was indeed sentient. It did not need eyes or ears to know that it was alive. It did not needs hands, or a mouth, to feel that it could move, that it could gain some sense of its surroundings. The puddle-thing simply existed, whether by accident or some cosmic intervention or design, it did not matter how, or why, just that it was.

Eastern Callanthorith

Beyond the hills that led from the east to the west, beyond open fields and flat, grassy plains, was the region of Callanthorith. Lyra rode Atticus into the land, skirting the edge of the mountains, a few days ride from the City of Men. Clear blue sky had awaited them on their first day, but night had fallen since that time.

Faint, shimmering light seemed to fall from the moon, and darkness lingered within the air. It was approaching midnight when Lyra caught sight of a tall, pointed tower in the distance. There was no telling what creatures or beings resided within and around such a place, except that there was a presence there. Lyra could feel profound and powerful energies lurking in and around the tower. Whether she dared approach it, however, remained yet to occur.

She could avoid the tower easily enough by leading Atticus toward the south, before correcting her course to resume the path westward, continuing toward Manrenthain.

[color=crimson][b]Darth_Elu[/b], it was not bad, as far as introductions go. Remember the nature of this realm, this thread, is one of free play. Wander, roam, do almost anything you please. When you're out of line, you'll know it.

[b]LeiaHair[/b], as far as I know, posting here is an alternative option to participating in the other threads. This realm is specifically designed and suited to players who enjoy, and seem to have an affinity for, going off on their own, writing independently, and/or not needing much, or any, guidance from a Game Master. It is also suited to players who possess characters of exceptional power or ability, which may not be appropriate within other realms. Perhaps you will feel at home here.[/color]

14. HunterPrime

Apr 17, 2004
    Dog in the Tavern

The dog looked up at the man, having moved closer, tail happily wagging. "Eat, and enjoy, my four-legged friend. It tastes better when it's warm," said the patron, smiling, as he looked directly into the dogs eyes, and indicated the bowl of warm beef and leftovers.

The dogs tail went into overdrived, as it gave a small woof, and then hapilly began to devor the meal in front of it, as if it had not eaten such a feast in a very long time. So far, this one had seemed nice. Of course, looks could be deceiving. But at the moment, the dog was willing to take actions at face value, as it haplly ate the meal. The man was right. It WAS much tasty, when it was warm. The dog carefully ate every single bit of the beef and leftovers, and then licked the bowl until every drop was gone.

Once the bowl was empty, the dog lay back down. Its belly was full of warm meat, and the tail had wagged so much, that it now curled up, next to its owner. That was good! As the dog laid near the now empty bowl, it sat watching the other patrons in the bar, its eyes on the people in the place.

Suddenly it picked up its head, and perked ears forward. Hmmmm. What was that scent?

TAG: Any

15. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    OOC: Part #1 acquired. Permission granted by LeiaHair. The Return of the Puddle Thingy!

Amurca IC:

Amurca "stood," "sat," and "lay" where he was. Not that it really mattered, he could not move. He would of loved to, oh yes indeed, would of been grand to move. But...that thought was as much good as willing the rock next to him to move.

To entertain himself, Amurca stared at this rock for hours upon hours upon hours...taking a...a...nap, that was it. Falling a...asleep, yes. Then...waking up, that was right too, and continuing to stare at, making a..what was that thing of the mind of a..adventure? Not sure what that word meant, but it seemed right enough. The word came to him. Story! Yes, a story, he made a story about the rock in his so-called mind to have fun.

Amurca had no idea how long he would be where he was, probably forever for all he knew, and he had no way of knowing who he was, where he came from, or anything else. It was a sad, dull, existance. It brought about a feeling of...well, something. Felt like he was deflating, feeling smaller than his true physical appearance was...he didn't understand it so the feeling turned from that to one he knew already, puzzlement and confusion. Plenty of that in his days of life.

Oh aye, plenty of that...

Amurca continued thinking of the magnificent stories of the rock(as much adventure of a puddle thingy can think of a rock having anyway) that was next to him when suddenly...there was a sound and a shaking of the ground, not quite an earthquake(whatever that was), but something else. The rock of adventures next to him trembled, bounced, and rolled off somewhere else. Amurca felt a brief moment of dismay, then excitement as he saw something rounding a corner up ahead of him.

I-it was something, a living something! It got closer. A living something going fast! Closer. Really fast! Closer. Faster! Closer. Wow, there are two living somethings! One on top of the other! Wow! Approaching even quicker now. It seemed that the one doing all the speed of movement had four legs and the one on top had two and an odd appearance of its own, one that seemed familiar though..not of the person itself, but of the shape. The human figure.

Suddenly the thing was right upon Amurca almost and the Puddle Thingy felt fear for a second, then when he realized nothing bad could happen to him and that he could move soon, excitement. It was swelling within his watery "body", he felt ready to float into the air and burst. Yes, yes, YES!!! COME TO ME YOU FOUR THINGED, THING THAT'S RUNNING TOWARD ME!

It was all so exciting and very interesting to the puddle thingy and quite dull and uneventful for the horse and the necromancer that rode him. As they knew nothing of what they were about to just do.

Amurca screamed in utter ecstasy and enjoyment, his thrills peaking, and his happiness soaring into the sky in an eternal upward spiral as the horse who he did not know was named Atticus, ran right through him. This, this high, was unlike anything Amurca had ever experienced, it was his time and he loved that revelation, he was free!

In that very instant that Atticus had contact with Amurca, Amurca was up and springing from the ground, attaching to his hoof, crawling up his leg, absorbing into his body, his genes, blood, genetic data all being copied immedialely. Amurca soaked out of the horse like water out of a sponge, went down Atticus' other leg and back down to the ground...all while the leg that began the physical contact hadn't been able to raise an inch yet. This was how quick it was. Almost instantaneous. It was...a feeling unsurpassed for Amurca, other beings might even liken it to a sexual feeling.

Amurca shivered excited as Atticus' and his rider, Lyra made their way onwards. He was free, he could move...and he had the speed of Atticus the horse. The puddle thingy was now as fast as a horse, a truly frightening thing to behold, but to Amurca...it was lovely.

The puddle thingy bid his quick goodbyes to his surroundings, took the

16. HunterPrime

Apr 17, 2004
    Dog in the Tavern

The dog sat up, and then suddenly stood, its nose sniffing the air, as its ears perked forward. What WAS that scent. It was nothing that it had ever sniffed before. A deep growl started to rumble deep within its throat.

Soon some puddle thingy slipped right in and onto the floor. The hair on the back of the dog stood on end, as its growl increased slightly. It was nothing like it had ever seen before. It had a wrongness to it. No animal smell accompanied it. It was something else.

It slid to the middle of the tavern and up to the top of a table where no one was at so he could look throughout the whole place. There the puddle thingy observed, ignoring the looks it got.

The dog's tail stood straight out, as it observed this new thing. It began to pace infront of the man who had bought it the meal, checking out this new creature from a distance. This was not a thing of nature.

Tag: Any in the tavern

17. DarkSide_Apprentice

Jun 30, 2001
    It was clear that the dog had been hungry. And, unless the patron was terribly mistaken, the creature seemed more than content with its meal. He chuckled good naturedly as he watched the canine eat every last piece of beef and whatever other leftovers had been within the bowl, proceeding to lick its surface until every single drop was gone.

Once the bowl was empty, the dog lay back down. It seemed to have had its fill. The man looked down with a slight smile, watching and observing, just as the dog did. When the creature's ears twitched and the dog lifted its head, the patron looked directly toward the door.

He did not notice the puddle thing that slipped through the opening in the doorway, nor did he see the thing make its way toward an empty table. He simply watched the door expecting something more--for lack of a better word--normal.

The dog sat up, however, and then stood suddenly, its nose sniffing the air, as its ears perked forward. It had caught scent of something and a deep growl started to rumble deep within its throat.

"Hey, what's wrong?" the patron called to the dog, as its tail straightened and it began to pace. "You see something you don't like?" He followed the creature's gaze toward what he assumed was a vacant table. And, there, on the table's surface, his eyes came to rest upon a puddle of some unknown ooze.

18. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Amurca IC:

Amurca noticed another four-legged something, much different than the other one he knew though. It saw him apparently and was walking around, some part of its body up in a warning like way. How interesting.

Also it made notice of a other something that after a little bit, saw Amurca as well. He wondered what they thought of him.

Amurca slithered around in a circle on the table for a moment in excitement then slipped down the table and toward the two somethings, not slowed by any growling or anything as it knew not of its complications and meanings just yet. The puddle thingy was naive and uneducated in the world and its workings.

He was not to copy either one of them or any other something in the area just yet, he was going closer just to observe further and see how they interacted with him.

So interesting these two somethings are.

Amurca looked the four legged something over than the two-legged one, filing their physical appearances into what could only pass for his mind. Perhaps being....picky?...would be good in this case.

Tag: Dog, Patron, anyone else

19. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    Woman in the Tavern

Comming out of the back room, Veronica held in her hand a mop and bucket. Setting the bucket down, she began to clean up a small mess that had not been attended to in the corner. She payed no attention to the dog, knowing what really was going on. But instead, her eyes caught a glimpse of the man at the bar as well. Interesting that she had not seen him before she went into the back, but no matter, he was here now. Sloshing the mop into the bucket, she went about cleaning the floor, everso glancing towards the man in the bar.

Tag: Elu, others.

20. HunterPrime

Apr 17, 2004
    Dog in the Tavern

It was clear that the dog had been hungry. And now, it was clear that something else had gained its attention. It had noticed the puddle thing that slipped through the opening in the doorway, and now sat upon the table. The dog sat up, and then stood suddenly, its nose sniffing the air, as its ears perked forward. It had caught scent of something and a deep growl started to rumble deep within its throat. "Hey, what's wrong?" the patron called to the dog, as its tail straightened and it began to pace. "You see something you don't like?"

To the dog, that was an understatement. The dog noticed a woman come in, seeming to not really care what was going on. She started cleaning in the corner of the room, ever so often, glancing towards the man in the bar. But not a threat at the moment. Not sure about the puddle. The dog barked once, as the puddle thingy slithered in a circle on the table for a moment, and then slipped down the table and moved towards the the dog and the man. And it didnt seem to move that slowly as it did.

//STOP! What thing are you?//

If the puddle thingy had a mind, then it would hear the question. The dog leaped back, unsure of weather to bare teeth at the thing, or perhaps to run from it yet. It was not sure of the ... puddle's intentions. It sniffed hesitently, and then began to slowly walk around it, making sure it didnt get too close. The tail relaxed slightly, as it moved.

Tag: Elu, Thok, DSA, others.

21. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Amurca IC:

Amurca moved closer and closer to the two somethings when words suddenly, out of nowhere, assaulted the puddle thingy's mind.

//STOP! What thing are you?//

Amurca stopped quickly, if it had eyes, it would of blinked in surprise. Amurca looked at the four-legged something that had jumped back and then started to slowly go around Amurca. The puddle thingy was not sure how to respond for a moment then hesitantly responded back through its mind...not even sure it would work. More than likely it would not, but who knew.

I am Amurca and Amurca I am. Are you different one of those somethings or different?

The comment was directed as to state if the dog was like a different type of human. Amurca hoped the something understood.

Tag: Dog, anyone else

22. Thok

Thok Jedi Master star 6

May 24, 2002
    Woman in the tavern

Going about her actions, she continued to clean the floor very vaugly paying attention to anyone else that was there. Whiping the sweat from her brow, the woman removed her glasses from her face, and continued on cleaning. Without thinking much of it, she sloshed her mop into the bucket, and moved it out towards the Puddle thingy, thinking it was justa random spill from someone that had ealier made.

Tag: Everyone

23. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    Name: Rhe-Deth III, The Ascended One (Reffered to as Rhe)
    Species (Lifeform): Undead Mummified Human (Very Powerful)
    Faction (Allegiance): Himself
    Home: Lands swallowed by desert.
    Place of Birth: Ditto

Bio: Born six centuries ago, Rhe-Deth III died five hundred-and-fifty years ago. He was a god amongst his people, and wielded great magical powers, handed down from the previous king, his father.

When Rhe died, he was mummified and entombed as was the custom. But his soul lived on, it's power stronger than ever. From his dark tomb, Rhe's soul could travel freely, taking control of priests so that his tomb could be opened.

Currently, he is exploring the world through the eyes of a Falcon, while his body catches up with his soul...

Rhe's Falcon

This body took some getting used to. Rhe's first had been awkward, indeed. Not befitting a Demi-God as himself...

But, the Peregrine was a good bird to be. As he flew above a tavern now, he caught sight of a swallow, dipping through the air. Were he in his own body, sustenance would not be required. But the bird needed food. At least the thrill of the hunt was fun.

He went into a stoop, tucking his wings neatly. The distance between him and the swallow narrowed in seconds, and he slammed into it with his talons. A claw pierced the skull with ease, and he lighted upon a sign post, before delving into the meal.

Oh, how he longed for his own body. If only those priests would hurry up with the rites...

Tag: Any who see the Falcon

24. HunterPrime

Apr 17, 2004
    Dog in the Tavern

The dog leaped back, unsure of weather to bare teeth at the thing, or perhaps to run from it yet. It was not sure of the ... puddle's intentions. It sniffed hesitently, and then began to slowly walk around it, making sure it didnt get too close. The tail relaxed slightly, as it moved.

It noticed the puddle had stopped moving, but it was watching it closely.

It noticed the woman, with the mop moving closer to the puddle, and it began to whine and bark at the woman as it kept its distance from the puddle thingie.

Tag: Elu, Thok, DSA, others.

=-=-=-=-=-=-

Chu'ra Tempi

//STOP! What thing are you?//. The Question had been asked.

Chu'ra was thrilled, when she heard a response. She had been watching, oh so closely. There were times when one never knew what little bits of something interesting would come your way. And this one almost literally slithered upon her. It was magic, that much was certain. A spell gone wrong perhaps? A pool of magic that had been stewing for a very long time? Maybe. She only knew that her interest was now peeked. She heard the response from the thing as it had stopped.

I am Amurca and Amurca I am. Are you different one of those somethings or different?

It could communicate! Even better! It was not something mindless. She was thrilled to learn such a thing. As the dog watched carefully, she responded to Amurca.

//I am a different one of those things. But you can not see me. But I am close. Why are you here, Amurca?//

Chu'ra smiled to herself. Perhaps she could be of assistance. And perhaps it could assist her. She at least wanted a closer look at such a thing, having only heard tales of such a thing herself.

If nothing else, it certain broke up a dull afternoon.

TAG: Darth_Elu

25. Darth_Elu

Jan 2, 2003
    Amurca IC:

Amurca studied the four-legged something closely when suddenly another something, a much bigger two-legged something, came over with some other thing and tried to...possibly hurt?...it. Amurca slithered around the broom and away from it after being hit slightly(and feeling t...ti.ticklish, that's it!), but keeping within sight of the four-legged creature.

Another something!

And then the response from the mysterious something came...

//I am a different one of those things. But you can not see me. But I am close. Why are you here, Amurca?//

And another! thought Amurca to itself.

Now, at the question inquired of it, normally one would begin to suspect the reasoning behind it. Why do you ask? Possibly this invisible thing is trying to probe me? Use me? Control me perhaps? But no, not Amurca. Amurca simply answered with the innocence usually found only within that of a child, and looking upon the puddle thingy's age when one knew it...in a way, Amurca was a child indeed.

I don't know. I was...was... A pause and a heavy strain of thought.

C...c...cheerios...no, that's not it....ch...cu...chumbucket...no, that wasn't it either....curi...curious...Curious, that was it!

Was curious, finished Amurca simply before responding in the closest way of suspicion the puddle thingy could muster up, and what are you, something?

If Amurca felt the need to copy this new something, how could it? Most curious, most curious. But as of the moment, Amurca didn't think of copying anyone.

Tag: Woman, Dog, Chu'ra, Man

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.