main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Ultimate Fantasy: Cosmic Realm: Realm of Free-Play

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by DarkSide_Apprentice, Mar 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HunterPrime

HunterPrime Jedi Master star 2

Apr 17, 2004
    Chu'ra and Dog
    Unnamed Tavern

Chu'ra was still laughing softly, at the warriors question, if Amurca belonged to her. She spoke to the creature softly, as she walked around the area.

"Thought, I could possibly help...not that you look like you need any." she continued to say, as she moved over towards the bartender. A drink would be nice at the moment.

The dog laid down, back where it had been eariler, and watched the preceedings, as if amused.

"Amurca think that someth...I mean, creature is yucky. Amurca want better I think." Chu'ra heard him speak.

She watched as Amurca slid up to the table, crawling on top to watch.

Chu'ra turned her attention towards the Warrior. "See. I believe if you, calm down. It might as well." she said to him. She spoke mentally to Amurca.

/"Amurca. Warrior is too fast and smart. Use slowness, instead of speed."/ she thought to him.

Chu'ra turned her attention to the warror. "I do not know, if the bartender has more Sake for you warrior, but I am thirsty as well. Perhaps we can find something else to drink?" she asked gently, as she sat at the bar.

She then leaned forward and whispered curiously. "Dont you find the manner in which these other beings react...strange?"

Back near the other table, the dog happily wagged his tail, as he laid still.

Tag: Elu, GreyJedi, tavern folks.

2. DarkSide_Apprentice

DarkSide_Apprentice Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 30, 2001
    No response came from the male patron sitting quietly at his table. He did not answer Jubei, nor claim ownership over Amurca simply because those matters were not his to address. There was no reason why he should not observe events as they continued to unfold, however. So, the patron watched as the dog leapt up, as it bared its teeth, as it growled, and as it retreated.

Amurca attempted, once more, to acquire an attribute from the wandering swordsman, but to no success. Instead, the puddle thing was left to undulate across the bar.

There was no harm done in their confrontation, except to one of the barstools. That particular item was sliced cleanly, with compliments from Jubei's lightning blade. It was quite a commotion, what, with the dog barking all the while before it finally fled the establishment. The patron sighed at this and exchanged a glance with the bartender.

Then something unexpected occurred. A strange woman entered the small building and approached the doorway. She was of dark skin, and long black hair. Her hair was partially braided and she wore a long robe. She smelt of perfume and carried a totem-decorated walking stick at her side. Most interesting of all, though, was the dog that walked alongside her, a dog that looked very much like the one that had run outside only a few minutes prior.

Curious, the lone patron at his table looked towards her as he listened to the jingling trinkets that shook musically while the woman walked. He watched as she scanned her surroundings, before taking her place at the bar.

"Is this a private party?" she asked, laughing. Her accent was not familiar to the region, yet she expressed no uncertainty about her as she pointed toward a bottle from across the bar.

There came an opportunity then for the bartender to fill the woman a glass, but for Amurca's persistence. The creature took advantage of the stranger's appearance, seeming to hope that it would be enough to distract Jubei and lower his guard. But, alas, the swordsman was not so easily tricked or deceived.

The warrior smoothly pivoted out of the line of attack with almost blinding speed as he used a powerful arm to shove an already drunk patron at the incoming ooze. "Welcome," he said to the newcomer, as the ooze collided with the drunk. "By the way, is this thing yours?"

The woman's laughter filled the tavern. "Hardly," she replied, as she walked around to get a better view of the blob. As she did, she exchanged thoughts with the creature. She asked that it bide its time. Aloud, she said to Jubei, "Thought I could possibly help ... not that you look like you need any."

She returned to the bar and the bartender offered her the same drink he prepared to deliver earlier, at which point the dog left her side and moved to the watchfully silent male patron.

In the time that passed the blob managed to detach itself from the drunkard, and find its way back onto a vacant table top not far from the bar, or the swordsman the creature took an interest in.

"See?" the woman said, her attention on Jubei once more. "I believe if you calm down, it might as well." Chu'ra shifted to look at the puddle thing, exchanging further thoughts of patience with the strange ooze. Then, again she spoke to Jubei.

"I do not know if the bartender has more sake for you, warrior, but I am thirsty as well. Perhaps we can find something else to drink?" she asked gently, as she sat at the bar. She then leaned forward and whispered curiously. "Don't you find the manner in which these other beings react ... strange?"

The bartender did not intrude upon her quiet words. After a moment he asked whether the swordsman wished for more sake, and the woman a second beverage. "I do not expect you to question compensation for that stool you split in two," he commented, as he offered Jubei another cup.

Witness to the exchange the man at the far table finally gazed downward, to the dog at his feet. The animal wagged its tail happily, and the man reached down to stroke it behind its right ear. "And, who do

3. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Name: Teague Thelred

Species: Human

Faction: Knights of Manrenthain

Home: Manrenthain

Place of Birth: Manrenthain

[b]IC: Teague Thelred[/b]
    [i]Thelred Household; City of Men, Manrenthain, North Eastern Callanthorith[/i]

The brilliant, glowing sun that casted its light upon the earth slowly descended into the horizon as day slowly faded and became night, a soothing breeze flowing through the air and ruffling the green leaves of the temporarily crooked trees. A better sight hath not existed, and if one did, Teague Thelred had never seen it.

Teague sat perched on the decorated saddle of his horse who trotted towards a cabin resting on the edge of the City of Men, the horse whipping its tail slowly, fending off the nighttime mosquitos that so often plagued its coal black skin. Teague's body bounced up and down as the horse traveled, but his deep blue eyes remained steady, gazing endlessly upon the horizon and trusting his horse to find his home. Four other horses regaled themselves on the fresh green grass that had just received rain the night before, each tied to a wooden post and belonging to a member of the Therosis family.

Teague Thelred belonged to the Knights of Manrenthain, and was a venerable man to his peers. He was born and raised in the City of Men, his father a writer and his mother a poet. He had no brothers or sisters, no uncles, aunts, or cousins that he knew of. As a child, he read a great deal of books, most centering around a hero or a knight. It transpired instantly that he had a profound interest on becoming a knight when he came of age, albeit his parents did not approve, for they abhorred the use of violence. Oftentimes he would try to explain to his parents that being a knight was about protecting your people, and keeping the peace that had so long reigned throughout the City of Men. But they were adamant, and would not be persuaded. However, this did not stop Teague from becoming involved with the Knights of Manrenthain. Even though his parents did not wish for their son to become a knight, they did not protest and respected Teague's wishes. As years passed by, Teague became a venerable keeper of peace in the City of Men, and soon started his own family with his wife Novinha. The two were twenty years old when their first child was born, a baby boy whom they named Creed. One year later, they had a daughter called Lahela, and two years after that, another boy named Agnes. The family was a loving one, close-knit and caring. Teague and Novinha were now twenty-five years old, while Creed had reached the age of five, Lahela four, and Agnes two years of age. Life for the family was often hectic, but pleasantly so.

Teague and his horse Hercules neared the Thelred home, and soon a beautiful woman with long brown hair and tanned skin stepped out onto the front porch. ?You?re just in time, dinner?s almost ready,? she said.

Teague got off his horse and tied him to the only empty post on the lawn. ?Thought I smelled something good,? he said with a grin. He walked to his wife and kissed her on the cheek. Novinha stayed at home with the children while Teague was at work, but she was hardly without a job. Cooking, cleaning, and keeping three rowdy children out of trouble was a daunting task, but she always seemed to be up for the challenge. ?How were the kids today?? asked Teague.

?Oh, they were just fine,? Novinha said playfully. ?Only three broken vases today!?

Teague chuckled. ?Must be a new record.?

[b]Tag: DSA, any who wish to find their way to the home of Teague[/b]

4. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Nameless Tavern

"Jubei ":The Wandering Swordsman

Jubei gave the persistent glob a long hard look and did not move until he was absolutely certain that it wouldnot attack him again. His patience was wearing thin, and that was always a bad sign. He really could use a drink.

It seemed the woman had been right. If there was a connection between the two, it was not immediately apparent. Jubei was not about to dismiss the possibility so casually. Instead, he'd keep alert.

The warrior finally sheathed his sword before moving towards the bar. He ignored any and all eyes that may be regarding him at the moment.

"I do not know if the bartender has more sake for you, warrior, but I am thirsty as well. Perhaps we can find something else to drink? The woman said in a genial manner. Jubei looked her way and noded in agreement.

"Don't you find the manner in which these other beings react ... strange?" she ventured with a question.

"Yes." he said, now eyeing the rest of the bar with a suspicious eye. He then turned to face the bartender and asked for more sake, which surprisingly, the bartender had. Jubei payed the man in gold, which also covered the bar stool he'd split in two. Jubei was indeed grateful for the drink, which he consumed eagerly.

"Ahhhh" He let out in satisfaction. Much better.

If anyone or anything tried to rush him from behind, they'd not like his reaction to such an affront. A warrior should be allowed to enjoy his drink in peace.

Jubei slowly turned his head and fully regarded his new drinking companion, this confident nubian woman. Viewing her thus caused him to give her a friedly smirk, as she was not put off at all at his outlandish appearance.

"I'm called 'Jubei' the Wandering Swordsman." He said by way of self-introduction. "It is a pleasure to meet you." he finished, with a nod.

Inwardly, Jubei was glad that his 'gem' did not shed a warning glow at the woman. For some inexplicable reason, he would have found that regretable.

Tag: Elu,HP, DSA,Tavern folk, anyone.

5. HunterPrime

Apr 17, 2004
    Chu'ra and Dog - Unnamed Tavern

The bartender was a brave man. As she and her new companion, waited on their drinks, he commented to the warrior, "I do not expect you to question compensation for that stool you split in two,", as he offered Jubei another cup.

Witness to the exchange the man at the far table finally gazed downward, to the dog at his feet. The animal wagged its tail happily, and the man reached down to stroke it behind its right ear. "And, who do you belong to?" he asked softly. The dog gave a happy yap, and seemed to waggle its tail even harder. The got up, and ran, making a small circle around the woman who had just entered the bar, before going back towards the man, and sitting back down, tail still going wild. Another soft 'woof', as he sat on his hanches, still watching the strange thing that was now sitting on the counter.

The warrior gave the persistent glob a long hard look and did not move until he was absolutely certain that it wouldnot attack him again. The warrior finally sheathed his sword before moving towards the bar. He ignored any and all eyes that may be regarding him at the moment. "I do not know if the bartender has more sake for you, warrior, but I am thirsty as well. Perhaps we can find something else to drink? The woman said in a genial manner. The warrior looked her way and noded in agreement. "Don't you find the manner in which these other beings react ... strange?" she asked him. "Yes." he said, now eyeing the rest of the bar with a suspicious eye. He then turned to face the bartender and asked for more sake, which surprisingly, the bartender had. Jubei payed the man in gold, which also covered the bar stool he'd split in two. Jubei was indeed grateful for the drink, which he consumed eagerly. "Ahhhh" He let out in satisfaction. Much better.

The Warrior slowly turned his head and fully her, finally giving her a smirk. She raised an eyebrow, but simply smiled, as she chuckled softly. "I'm called 'Jubei' the Wandering Swordsman." He said by way of self-introduction. "It is a pleasure to meet you." he finished, with a nod.

She gave a smile. "Quite a name." she spoke gently, as she reached over, taking a sip from her own cup. Placing it back down on the counter, she gave a nod. "I am known to many, and have many titles." She smiled. "I am Chu'ra. And you are, by far, the most intersting person I have met recently within my travels." she replied, as she gave him a nod of her head. She then chuckled softly, causing the small bells around her to tinkle softly. "What brings you to this barren speck of land, if I may ask?" she says, as she takes a seat.

Tag: TAG: GreyJedi125, Elu,DSA,Tavern folk, anyone.

6. DarkSide_Apprentice

Jun 30, 2001
    There was no dispute from the swordsman. Payment in gold was more than welcome as far as the bartender was concerned. He offered a polite nod of gratitude toward Jubei and made an extra effort to give the man, and his new companion, some privacy as he moved about and busied himself with operations behind the bar.

The quiet man at the far end of the establishment glanced toward the bar with a smile before he returned his attention to the dog. It was still keenly watchful of the ooze, which seemed to have grown rather passive since its recent confrontation with the drunk.

Of greather interest to the observant man, however, was the dog and its owner. There was no doubt the female who entered the room only moment earlier was the master of this curious creature. Confirmation of one's suspicions was always a welcome thing. He reached down to touch the dog gently and stroked its furry forehead.

"May I have a large dish and a bowl of water?" the man asked the waitress when she next came their way. "For my friend here," he explained, with a gesture towards the dog.

The waitress smiled, and returned a few minutes later with a dish set at the man's feet, filled with fresh water. "Will there be anything else?" she said warmly.

"Thank you," responded the man. "That will be all, unless you would like to join us." He smiled all the more when he caught her blush at his words. Then he returned his attention to the content creature, continuing to stroke its fur as he ran his gentle hand along the dog's back.

[i]Thelred Household; City of Men, Manrenthain, North Eastern Callanthorith[/i]

[color=blue]Young Ariaa opened her eyes with a flutter. It was so dark, and she felt cold. She did not know where she was or how she got there. In fact, the last thing she remembered was being home, but she was not at home anymore. She was alone and afraid and in an unfamiliar place.

She stood slowly and looked about her. She was in a large room. But, it was so small compared to the lush green meadows and fresh woodlands she knew to be her home. Someone had taken her away from her home and she was scared that she would never return. Like all sprites, however, she forced herself to focus on positive energy and she brightened in spirit.

Somehow she found herself within the Thelred Household. And, now, she wanted to find her way home. She fluttered her wings and flew through the room's open doorway and into an adjacent bedroom where she was given pause. Looking down from near the ceiling she caught sight of three young children, deep in sleep.

Ariaa flew down toward each in turn, examining them curiously. They seemed so peaceful; Ariaa especially liked the youngest one. She flew down to stand near the child's face. Raising her hand gently, she opened her palm and waved it toward the sleeping human, spreading a sparkling light that promised pleasant dreams.

Pleased with herself, Ariaa took to flight once more and ventured into another room, this one occupied with big people.[/color]

7. LightSide_Apprentice

LightSide_Apprentice Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 22, 2001

[i]"A human being in perfection ought always to preserve a calm and peaceful mind, and never to allow passion or a transitory desire to disturb his tranquillity. I do not think that the pursuit of knowledge is an exception to this rule. If the study to which you apply yourself has a tendency to weaken your affections, and to destroy your taste for those simple pleasures in which no alloy can possibly mix, then that study is certainly unlawful, that is to say, not befitting the human mind. If this rule were always observed; if no man allowed any pursuit whatsoever to interfere with the tranquillity of his domestic affections, Greece had not been enslaved; Caesar would have spared his country; America would have been discovered more gradually; and the empires of Mexico and Peru had not been destroyed."[/i]

- Victor (Mary Shelly's [i]Frankenstein[/i])

[hr]

8. HunterPrime

Apr 17, 2004
    Chu'ra - Some nameless tavern

Chu'ra was finding her talk with the swordsman most interesting. But she also had come to notice how the quiet man at the back of the place, seemed to be quietly observing everything. And he had taken care quite good care of the canine so far. How interesting. Right now, the man was stroking the dogs fur. Chu'ra shrugged her shoulders slightly, a wistful smile playing along her dark features. She smiled, as she turned, to speak with the swordsman for a moment.

"Forgive me a moment, if you would." she stated, as she turned, her attentions now upon the quiet stranger. With sure steps, she walked slowly towards the man, as he stroked Dog's fur, ignoring the stares and whispers of the others within the tavern. Hopefully, Amurca would behave itself, while she moved to speak with the stranger. She stopped a few feet from the man, a smiled appearing as she watched Dogs happy response to having someone pay attention to him. A soft whine a woof came from the animal, as his tail happily began to wag harder.

She looks down at Dog, and then back at the man. "He says I should be happy that you have kept him under watchful eye." she said, as she then gives a gentle chuckle. She gives the man a small nod. "You seem non-pulsed by the current events that seemed to have taken over this tavern." she says in a calm manner, her coins jingle softly as she shifts her weight gently. "That in itself, bespeaks much." she said, as she gestured towards Dog. Another soft 'woof' in reply, and Chu'ra nods. Perhaps, you would be interested in joining our talk?" Chu'ra asks, her eyebrow going up slighlty. She was glad, that the other annoying creatures had gone, or had fallen silent for now. Especially the bird. So far, of all things, the ooze had proven to be of most interest. Someone had to have created it, by accident or otherwise. It would be most interesting to see how the next moments would play out, indeed.

TAG:DarkSide_Apprentice

9. DarkSide_Apprentice

Jun 30, 2001
    Flattered by the man's offer to join him, but knowing there was still work to attend to, the waitress voiced a polite decline. "Perhaps another time," she said to the man, smiling warmly. She remained only a moment longer, observing the dog and its friend, before she returned to the kitchen.

Quiet though he was, the male patron was still aware of the dog at his feet, and keenly watchful of his surroundings. He caught sight of the dog's owner as she moved away from the bar and walked toward her pet, but it was not the creature alone that she was interested in.

Several other patrons watched her, whispers exchanged. She ignored them and paused once she drew within a comfortable distance from the relatively silent man. The dog looked up at her, and its tail began to wag all the more excitedly, or happily, as the case appeared to be.

"He says I should be happy that you have kept him under watchful eye," said the woman, a gentle chuckle escaping her. She gave him something of a knowing nod, then, as she added, "You seem non-pulsed by the current events that seemed to have taken over this tavern." Her weight shifted slightly, and the coins she carried upon her person jungled softly. "That in itself, bespeaks much."

The man smiled pleasantly toward her, but said not a word to confirm or deny any of the woman's words. Both she and he were well aware of the intrusive bird's apparent disappearance, of the ooze that grew unusually calm given its earlier excitability, and the general, almost unnatural atmosphere that encompassed them all.

"Perhaps you would be interested in joining our talk?" the woman said, one of her eyebrows raised questioningly.

"I appreciate the offer," said the man. He glanced down toward the dog, as if considering the female's offer, before he finally rose. "Thank you," he said, by way of consent. Gesturing toward the bar he waited for the woman to lead the way back toward the swordsman, before he moved to join her.

Pausing from his work to observe this recent development, the bartender frowned. He was at a loss as to how best deal with the approach of the lone man. Then it occurred to him and he hurried to prepare the man's drink of choice, which was set and waiting a mere second before the man reached them.

10. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Nameless Tavern

"Jubei ":The Wandering Swordsman

Jubei closed his eyes for a moment and felt the slow, yet steady pulse of that which was hidden within him. There was no warning glow or tell-tale vibration, which were usually accompanied by the onset of danger. No, the slow pulse and murmur were but a small warning that something, somewhere was afoot. A mere reminder that he should be alert.

Interestingly enough, the mysterious ooze was not the cause of this, of that he was certain.

"What brings you to this barren speck of land, if I may ask?"

The voice belonged to the female he'd just become acquainetd with. Her name is Chu'ra. It almost sounded as if it was coming through a dream. Though Jubei's attentions retreated inwardly for just a moment, Chu'ra's voice brought him back to the moment at hand. He'd almost missed her question altogether.

Before Jubei could formulate words, Chu'ra was excusing herself from his present company.

"Forgive me a moment, if you would." she stated, as she turned. Jubei blinked, then simply noded. He smirked at being tongue-tied, before taking another gulp of sake. Satisfied, he put down the cup and contented himself by watching Chu'ra, though he by no means let down his guard. After all, he was alone in a foreign land.

Jubei watched Chu'ra speak with a stranger, and by their interaction, could only assume that she was extending a polite invitation to the man. A moment later the assumption became certainty, as the man arose from his seat to join her. Jubei gave a subtle smile. Females in general were always better at 'meet and greet'.

Responding to the situation, the wandering swordsman assumed a less threatening posture, and relaxed abit more upon his seat. He continued to survey the tavern, this time out of the corners of his eyes. Whatever was afoot would reveal itself in due time, and whatever the situation, he would be ready for it.

Tag: HP, DSA, anyone else

11. HunterPrime

Apr 17, 2004
    Chu'ra - Some Nameless Tavern

Chu'ra had spoken o the silent man. "He says I should be happy that you have kept him under watchful eye," said the woman, a gentle chuckle escaping her. She gave him something of a knowing nod, then, as she added, "You seem non-pulsed by the current events that seemed to have taken over this tavern." Her weight shifted slightly, and the coins she carried upon her person jungled softly. "That in itself, bespeaks much."

The man smiled pleasantly toward her, but said not a word to confirm or deny any of her words. "Perhaps you would be interested in joining our talk?" she asked, one of her eyebrows raised questioningly.

"I appreciate the offer," said the man. He glanced down toward the dog, as if considering the female's offer, before he finally rose. "Thank you," he said, by way of consent. Gesturing toward the bar he waited for the woman to lead the way back toward the swordsman, before he moved to join her.

Chu'ra noted the bartenders frown. She wondered on briefly, as she made her way back towards the bar, and the warrior Jubei waiting there. He immediately seemed to notice, as he assumed a less threatening posture, and relaxed abit more upon his seat. His eyes continued to survey the tavern however, a testiment to his training. Chu'ra offered a small smile, as she turned, curling her hand around her drink once more. With a polite nod towards both of them, she spoke.

"The Question I had asked before was, What brings you to this barren speck of land, if I may ask? Besides the local drinks?" she asked, giving a soft laugh. Meanwhile, Dog had moved, lapping up the water the man had given them. He then followed the man, and Chu'ra, tail happily wagging about, happily watching events unfold. He would not however, get too close to the now quiet blow, growling softly at the thing, as he gave a soft snort. He steared clear of the ooze, and sat down close by, his eyes all but glued on the thing. Dog definatelly did not like the strange ooze. Chu'ra noted Dog's behavior, but did not react to his actions. At least, not at the moment. Her interest lay in the men now in front of her, and the quiet ooze. Perhaps the fates had something planned after. Wouldnt that not be, lovely?

TAG: DarkSide_Apprentice, GreyJedi125, Darth_Elu, Any others in tavern

12. DarkSide_Apprentice

Jun 30, 2001
    Changes in one's manner and posture, particularly when the subject of observation was a warrior, were only too easy to notice. Perhaps there was no effort at concealment. As likely as not, the wandering swordsman wanted to appear more relaxed, despite his being as prepared for danger as if he were in the midst of a bloodbath. There was no need to make mention of as much. At least, not openly.

Joining the woman and the warrior at the bar, the man nodded his gratitude to the bartender, and placed a single, perfect silver coin onto the bar as means of payment. "My thanks," he commented, smiling politely, and taking an empty seat as his own.

He brought the seat between the warrior and the woman so that the three sat in an approximate triangle, with none caught in between. He took note of the dog near his heels, and the uncharacteristically silent ooze. He also caught the female's question, readdressed, it seemed, to include him, as well as the warrior, who had yet to respond to her.

What brought them to this barren spot of land? The drinks seemed the main reason for most who were attracted to such establishments, but this was anything if an ordinary tavern. The woman knew as much, as did the warrior, of that the quiet man was certain.

"As great as the drinks are," the man said, raising his cup of water to the bartender in acknowledgement, "I will be the first to admit that I am not here for drinks alone." He smiled secretively. "It is the atmosphere to which I am drawn, and the company such a place brings."

13. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Nameless Tavern

"Jubei": The Wandering Swordsman

Jubei continued to survey the tavern patrons even as he took another sip from his sake. He'd already calculated the exact moment Chu'ra and her new acquaintance would reach his position, based on the pace in which they traversed the tavern. Jubei turned to face them just as they reached him.

He simply offered the pair a silent nod in welcome as his unwavering gaze went to meet the newcomer's eyes. Jubei would be better able to determine the sort of man this newcomer was partially based on how he reacted.

Chu'ra offered a small smile, as she turned, curling her hand around her drink once more. With a polite nod towards both of them, she spoke.

"The Question I had asked before was, What brings you to this barren speck of land, if I may ask? Besides the local drinks?" she asked, giving a soft laugh.

Jubei bid his time, silently inviting the stranger to be the first to answer Chu'ra's question. Jubei noticed that the man did not hasten nor hesitate in his answer.

"As great as the drinks are," the man said, raising his cup of water to the bartender in acknowledgement, "I will be the first to admit that I am not here for drinks alone." He smiled secretively. "It is the atmosphere to which I am drawn, and the company such a place brings."

An interesting answer, Jubei thought. It told very little. It only suggested that perhaps this was not the stranger's first time at the tavern, unlike himself.

Jubei took note of the interaction between the bartender and the as of yet, nameless stranger. It could be nothinh, then again....

Jubei took a languid sip from his cup of sake before offering his own response. When he spoke, it was in a low and controlled voice. Only Chu'ra and the stranger would be able to hear him, and perhaps the bartender as well, if he came closer.

"I am a stranger in these parts." Jubei easily admitted. "The path I follow is determined by Providence, which has never lead me astray."

Jubei raised his cup a final time before emptying it, then turned to the bartender for a re-fill. If he wondered whether or not his companions understood the meaning of his words, he did not show it at the moment.

Tag: Hunter Prime, DSA, Darth_Elu, anyone else at the tavern

14. HunterPrime

Apr 17, 2004
    Chu'ra and Dog - Nameless Tavern

Chu'ra offered a small smile, as she turned, curling her hand around her drink once more. With a polite nod towards both of them, she spoke. "The Question I had asked before was, What brings you to this barren speck of land, if I may ask? Besides the local drinks?" she asked, giving a soft laugh. The un-named stranger spoke first. "As great as the drinks are," the man said, raising his cup of water to the bartender in acknowledgement, "I will be the first to admit that I am not here for drinks alone." He smiled secretively. "It is the atmosphere to which I am drawn, and the company such a place brings." The Warrior took a languid sip from his cup of sake before offering his own response. When he spoke, it was in a low and controlled voice. Only Chu'ra and the stranger would be able to hear him, and perhaps the bartender as well, if he came closer.

The Warrior was next to reply. "I am a stranger in these parts." Jubei easily admitted. "The path I follow is determined by Providence, which has never lead me astray." The warrior raised his cup a final time before emptying it, then turned to the bartender for a re-fill.

Chu'ra leaned back on a nearby stool, and nodded slowly. As she did, the dog came over to the group and sat down between them all, his eyes glued to the non-moving speck of goo on the bar. Her jewelry jingled softly with her movements as she considered the words spoken. Then, she spoke. "It is amusing, that on one such place as this, so much seems to have drawn us all here. Chu'ra pointed towards the goo known as Amurca. "It seems that many things were drawn to this place, not all of them human. A curiousity, no? Actually, I think it is far more than that." She looked up towards where the bird had been setting eariler, chuckling softly. She looked back towards the men. "I think something drew us here. Wether it be each other, or this place. So now, I am curious, as to why. Perhaps the Fates were bored. Who knows?" Chu'ra reached between the two men, to take her drink from the bar, and take a small sip from it.

She sat her glass down, and made a small gesture. "But, I do enjoy a chance at opportunity, once it presents itself. I wait to see what other suprises rest within these walls. For I doubt they are done just yet." Chu'ra gave a small laugh, as she sat her drink down once again.

Tag: GreyJedi125, DarkSide_Apprentice, Darth_Elu, anyone else at the tavern

15. DarkSide_Apprentice

Jun 30, 2001
    Quiet observation seemed the preferred approach of the strange local. He watched the warrior, and the woman, and listened attentively to their words. His eyes were kindly, his manner relaxed, but there was not a single movement or gesture he did not catch with his keen, unwavering gaze. Perhaps he simply liked to watch.

"It would appear that this fine establishment offers more than the usual allure of such places," he commented as eyes shifted toward the bartender, who moved to fill the warrior's cup once more. The bartender met his gaze and nodded in what might have been servitude.

There was something odd about the bartender. His eyes carried a faint yellow glow, and his fingernails were somewhat sharpened. In fact, his hands were not human hands - they were claws. Furthermore, his manner, while polite, seemed a cover for the sense of hidden strength within him. The man's arms were muscular, and his movements cautious, both were signs that he might have worked in the art of war.

If the relatively quiet patron noticed any such oddities, he gave no indication of it. "Perhaps it was Providence that led us here after all."

The woman had already suggested that she was in agreement with the possibility that their meeting was anything but coincidence. Something drew them together, but for what reason remained unclear. The strange ooze had grown quiet, and the evil bird no less silent. They appeared creatures of ill tidings, cast in the midst of those brought together by mysterious destiny, or divine intervention.

It had been the female who first mentioned the expectation of some surprise. Likely she possessed some sense of the shifting atmosphere, for mere moments after her words were spoken, the bird began to fade before it finally disappeared into nothingness.

Yet that was merely the beginning. The dog at the woman's feet sensed it first, but soon the woman, the warrior, the male patron, and even the bartender, realised that something was amiss, that the bird's sudden disappearance was a simple sign that more had yet to come.

Outside the establishment there was a howling wind. The entire building seemed to shake as a terrible rumbling approached. There was a tremour beneath the earth and the doors flung open with a scorching wind. Little wonder, really, when carried upon the wind were the hellish fires of some demonic beast.

The creature was a mass of red skin, sharpened talons and pointed fangs. It stood taller than three men, and its eyes cast a golden light from within. It did not enter the establishment, but rather growled and spewed forth another blast of flame through the open doorway. Or tried to.

The secod flame, just as the first, stopped short at the doorway where it dissipated completely. The establishment remained untouched, but for the hot blast of wind that passed in place of the inferno. Not surprisingly, the demonic creature roared its fury, and from the earth there grew cracks.

Shuddering under some unseen pressure, the ground quaked and broke. Fire burst up from the ground, and with it came a dozen hellish fiends. Though significantly smaller than their master, the winged beasts were identical in appearance, and spewed flame of their own. They flew in circles around the larger beast, which began a lumbering approach toward the tavern.

16. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Nameless Tavern

Even as he waited for a re-fill, Jubei's eyes narrowed. He listened to the wise woman, Chu'ra, and found himself agreeing with her words, but he was also picking up something...well, not him, but the polished gem he possessed. It had suddenly began to vibrate in an increasing crescendo.

The Wandering Swordsman immediately looked to the woman's dog, who's ears were already perked up in alert. The good was obviously an excellent guardian, as it came tto stand on all fours in a blink of an eye and looked intently in a direction beyond the walls of the Tavern.

Jubei's lips curled. He heard the hypersonic fade of his gem and knew that it was now glowing a bright colour. Thankfully, it was hidden under his guantlet, but it made little difference for those adjacent to him. Even as he made a fist in an attempt to dim the light pouring from his gem, he knew that Chu'ra and their new companion could not ignore the streams of luminescence pourig from his fist.

Almost at that moment, a howling wind outsie of the tavern could be heard from within. It bellowed almost like a nether-creature come to life. Jubei was already on his feat and headed for the tavern's door. Something wicked had arrived at the Nameless Tavern. But before he could make it outside, the entire establishment seemed to shake under the assaulting and rumbling winds. An unexpected tremor shook the tavern doors open, sensing immediate danger, Jubei used that opportunity to dive and roll out the doorway, narrowly escaping a scorching blast of air.

The Wandering Swordsman immediately came up in a crouching position and almost cursed. He needn't wonder at the source of the fiery attack, for carried upon the wind were the hellish fires of some demonic beast.

The creature was a mass of red skin, sharpened talons and pointed fangs. It stood taller than three men, and its eyes cast a golden light from within. It did not enter the establishment, but rather growled and spewed forth another blast of flame through the open doorway.

Jubei was about to intervene with a swift and powerful slash from his katana, as he worried for the safety of those still caught inside Tavern, but his strike was stayed by an unexpected, yet pleasantly surprising revelation.

The Tavern was protected against the creature's attack.

The secod flame, just as the first, stopped short at the doorway where it dissipated completely. The establishment remained untouched, but for the hot blast of wind that passed in place of the inferno. Not surprisingly, the demonic creature roared its fury, and from the earth there grew cracks.

Jubei's right eyebrow went up at the Genma's display of power, and with a smooth motion, his trusty katana became unsheathed, glinting like the razor-sharp weapon of legend that it was.

Shuddering under some unseen pressure, the ground quaked and broke. Fire burst up from the ground, and with it came a dozen hellish fiends. Though significantly smaller than their master, the winged beasts were identical in appearance, and spewed flame of their own. They flew in circles around the larger beast, which began a lumbering approach toward the tavern.

Jubei spat in the ground in response to the sight.

Seeing the enemies grow in number, he did consider for a moment on calling forth his 'hidden power', but thought better of it. If the larger creature's fell fiery breath could not touch the tavern, then it stood to reason that neither did it's minions. That safeguarded the patrons that were within. If he, however, was the only warrior who dared to defend the Tavern, perhaps the power he carried inside himself would come forth, but somehow, he doubted he would have to show that hand this time.

Running diagonally away from the Tavern, weapon still in hand, Jubei shouted at the creatures.

"Over here, you spawned of Hades!"

The Wandering Swordsman intended to draw as many of the hellspawn creatures away from the Tavern and test their evil resolve against his steel. He wager

17. DarkSide_Apprentice

Jun 30, 2001
    From his position of safety within the tavern, the watchful man observed Jubei's rapid deployment. Clearly the warrior intended to draw attention to himself, and away from those within the establishment. Such a selfless act was honourable, if not also a foolish. The observant man might have feared for the warrior's livelihood but for the confident ability the swordsman displayed. Chances were that the fighter might very well be skilled enough to meet the thirteen foes alone.

"Do you think the boredom of the Fates would extend thus far?" the watcher asked of Chu'ra. His hand gestured to the scene unfolding outside the tavern's doorway, toward the demonic creatures that appeared from the fiery underworld. Then he set his glass of water aside and waited for her response.

Meanwhile, Jubei proved an attractive form of prey, or sport for the winged beasts. He stood some distance from the tavern, weapon in hand. "Over here, you spawned of Hades!" he called out.

One by one, the twelve avians began to approach him. They came slowly at first, as if uncertain or awaiting an unspoken command. Without warning they burst into rapid motion, moving faster than the untrained eye could follow. They formed four equal waves of three and flew at Jubei in random patterns.

Some attacked from high above, swooping down and slashing their sharpened claws, a few spat fire from various angles, and some flew past the warrior with their tails slashing at him like barbed whips. Alone, any one of the beasts was deadly; together, they all but promised a trip to the underworld for the unfortunate soul who stood before them.

Their larger companion, and apparent master, continued its advance upon the tavern. Like the smaller creatures, the hulking demon possessed wings and a barbed tail. Its muscular arms sported claws for hands. The creature itself was likely powerful enough to tear the tavern apart without need for fire at all. Despite that, however, the beast spouted another burst of flame.

Just as the former tunnels of fire, the most recent dissipated at the doorway to the tavern proper. Whether by way of enchantment or some other trickery, the building appeared protected from fiery attack. Time would soon reveal how strong it proved against the physical strength of the demon.

18. MoonlightsAngel

MoonlightsAngel Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2006
    Name: Dawn

Species: Faery

Faction: Nope

Home: None- wanderer if you must.

Place of Birth: Unknown

Bio:

Dawn is what some know as an Elemental. She posses a stunningly strong power over all elements, and she's learend how to control them with great skill. Her whole life -which has been quite long actually- she was a slave to a very powerful dark wizard. Her species is capable of regenerating their wings when they've been broken or torn, but any faery will tell you they'd rather have an arm cut off -they can't regenerate limbs- that have a scratch upon their wings, as they are the most sensible parts of a faery's body. As a punishment, or out of boredom, her owner would tear her wings off. Even know that she's escaped, she refuses to grow her wings back.

Appearance:

[image=http://images.quizilla.com/K/KibaSan/1097358607_woodslandgirl.jpeg]

Eyes: One bright blue and one golden.

---------------------------------

She had been sitting att he very back of the tavern, obserivng everything with keen, mismatched eyes. There was heavy cloak around her, and from the folds on her lap, a pair of glistening, tiny eyes could be seen.

She observed half-interestedly as the fire dissipated at the entrance for what had to be the fifth time.

/Well...you are not very bright, are you?/ she projected towards the creature.

As soon as she did, she rejected it. How could she have been so damned stupid? The dog -which from her point of view was as much of a dog as the falcon had been a falcon- must've heard that.

'Well, not much better than you, eh?' she thought to herself...ahe had managed to blow her cover all by herself. Great.

Ignoring everyone, she fixed her attention upon the creature. She couldn't help making fun of it, it was in her nature! Weren't faeries, elves, and everyone else famous for their mocking and mischivious attitude?

The next time the creature blew even more fire, only for it to dissipate, the young faery rolled her eyes. Apparently she was right, this fire-born thing wasn't much brighter than the bugs the animal hiding withing her cloak ate.

She looked away, losing interest. She knew the -whatever it was- would come up with something...eventually...but it seemed it was kinda...slow.

Tag: Any really

19. HunterPrime

Apr 17, 2004
    Chu'ra - some Nameless Tavern

Chu'ra was speaking to the two men near her. "I think something drew us here. Wether it be each other, or this place. So now, I am curious, as to why. Perhaps the Fates were bored. Who knows?" Chu'ra reached between the two men, to take her drink from the bar, and take a small sip from it. She sat her glass down, and made a small gesture. "But, I do enjoy a chance at opportunity, once it presents itself. I wait to see what other suprises rest within these walls. For I doubt they are done just yet." Chu'ra gave a small laugh, as she sat her drink down once again.

Chu'ra noted, that the silent bird began to fade before it finally disappeared into nothingness. She noted the curious fact, but said nothing two the others. Not as if they could do anything about such happenings, anyway. Better to see what was coming next. Almost as if on cue, 'Dog' sensed something. Dog, who's ears were already perked up in alert, then moved to stand on all fours in a blink of an eye and looked intently in a direction beyond the walls of the Tavern. "Dog. Ta'wabe de'" Dog moved back out of the way, and moved to an opposing wall, as if to watch what happen within the interior of the tavern, while staying out of immediate danger. Chu'ra watched as Jubei's lips curled. Streams of luminescence seemed to be pouring from his fist. An alert charm. Interesting.

Outside the establishment there was a howling wind. The entire building seemed to shake as a terrible rumbling approached. There was a tremour beneath the earth and the doors flung open with a scorching wind. Little wonder, really, when carried upon the wind were the hellish fires of some demonic beast. The creature was a mass of red skin, sharpened talons and pointed fangs. It stood taller than three men, and its eyes cast a golden light from within. It did not enter the establishment, but rather growled and spewed forth another blast of flame through the open doorway. Or tried to.

Shuddering under some unseen pressure, the ground quaked and broke. Fire burst up from the ground, and with it came a dozen hellish fiends. Though significantly smaller than their master, the winged beasts were identical in appearance, and spewed flame of their own. They flew in circles around the larger beast, which began a lumbering approach toward the tavern. Jubei moved forward, to accept the 'challenge.' Chu'ra meanwhile, had moved from her seat at first, intently looking at the beast, eyes narrowed. True, the thing was howling like the deamon it protrayed itself to be, but it had not entered the tavern, no had any of its flames, reached within the walls of the place. Now things were truly getting interesting. Suddenly, a voice reminded her that she was not alone once more, as her yet un-named companion spoke.

"Do you think the boredom of the Fates would extend thus far?" the watcher asked of Chu'ra. His hand gestured to the scene unfolding outside the tavern's doorway, toward the demonic creatures that appeared from the fiery underworld. Then he set his glass of water aside and waited for her response. Meanwhile, Jubei proved an attractive form of prey, or sport for the winged beasts. He stood some distance from the tavern, weapon in hand. "Over here, you spawned of Hades!" he called out.

Chu'ra gave a slow shake of her head. "Never have I heard the Fates becoming so..directly involved. Perhaps they nudge someone for a favor..." she stated, half in thought, and half in jest, as she watched the appiration began to approach the bar. Meanwhile, Jubei seemed to be enjoying himself. One by one, the twelve avians began to approach him. They came slowly at first, as if uncertain or awaiting an unspoken command. Without warning they burst into rapid motion

20. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Nameless Tavern

Jubei proved an attractive form of prey, or sport for the winged beasts. He stood some distance from the tavern, weapon in hand. "Over here, you spawned of Hades!" he called out.

One by one, the twelve avians began to approach him. They came slowly at first, as if uncertain or awaiting an unspoken command. Without warning they burst into rapid motion, moving faster than the untrained eye could follow. They formed four equal waves of three and flew at Jubei in random patterns.

Some attacked from high above, swooping down and slashing their sharpened claws, a few spat fire from various angles, and some flew past the warrior with their tails slashing at him like barbed whips. Alone, any one of the beasts was deadly; together, they all but promised a trip to the underworld for the unfortunate soul who stood before them.

And thus, the demonic avians assailed the Wandering Swordsman, who only smirked knowingly as he put on a valiant effort. His glinting katana slashed out and seemed to be a blur as he striked and countered striked his multiple attackers. Jubei kept on moving, ducking, diving, rolling, flipping, evading, parrying, doing everything to make himself a harder target and return some damage to his tormentors, who were doing a good job at ripping into his flesh from so many directions.

It wasn't that Jubei possessed little skill, infact, it was completely the opposite. There were very few Master swordsmen who would last less than one tenth the time Jubei did in combat against so prodigious a foe. The fact that he was lasting this long was an incredible testament to Juebi's masterful swords skills, however, he was but one against many. Still, he slashed, parried and countered with his mighty sword, which in his hands, could cleave through granite stone as if it were mere paper.

Bloodied, torn and burned, Jubei slumped to the floor, wounded and bleeding. At a glance, things were not looking very good for Jubei, who had returned a fair amount of damage to his hellish attackers.

Then why was he grinning like a wildman?

Still holding on firmly to his katana, Jubei let out a sly chuckle as he fell to the ground.

"Foolish..g-genma..." the swordsman managed to say with what one would think as his last breath, a smile clearly apparent on his badly bruised face.

Even as he hit the floor, a blinding white light flashed from the warrior and engulfed him fully. A throaty roar could be heard emanating from it. In a single moment, an imposing figure walked out of that light.

The warrior had streaming and wild white hair, fiery red eyes which lent him a demeanor most fierce. His skin was of an azure colour, and his body covered by banded plate armour 'akin' to argentum. In his right hand, a light shone brightly, as if gem of purest light had been set there. And in that right hand, the weapon that the figure held was no longer a warrior's katana, but a No-dachi katana who's name was yet unknown. The Silver blade was as long as the man was tall, and they both were wreathed in white fire.

This was Jubei no more, but a Bishamon Oni Warrior.

The transformed warrior stood defiantly within his flame aura and looked upon the twelve demonic avians. A deep bass chuckle escaped him, and white flames poured from his nostrils as he did. When he grinned at his dozen adversaries, fangs became visible.

The Oni warrior leveled his No-dachi katana slow enough for the demons to follow his movement and understand his gesture. He was leveling his burning weapon at them...and with a rumbling voice, he said:

<"Prepare for Retribution">

Tag: DSA, everyone else at tavern who sees this

21. DarkSide_Apprentice

Jun 30, 2001
    Smoke found its way into the tavern. It filtered through the walls and the ceiling, too. The smell was only faint at first, but grew thick with the minutes that passed. Strange though it was, the smoke carried a faint sense of something putrid, almost toxic. There was poison in the air.

"Is he a regular?" Chu'ra asked of the bartender, who supressed a growl in response.

"Creatures such as this are not often seen outside the Underworld," he admitted. Thus far he had only spoken briefly to any one of the patrons. He stood now firmly behind the bar and reached behind it as if to collect something, but was given pause. The bartender exchanged a silent glance with the watchful patron who insisted on being so observant. "These beasts cause undue harm and destruction upon all they set their sights upon," said the bartender, as much to the man as Chu'ra, clearly annoyed at the intrusive demons.

Elsewhere outside the tavern, the twelve creatures that moved against Jubei were delivered a surprise they had never expected. Before them now stood not a simple man in tattered robes, but a god-like creature in possession of some divine or supernatural power quite beyond measure. The change in circumstances gave them momentary pause, but the very sight of such an extraordinary foe, if anything, increased their resolve to see the man slain.

Oblivious as to the true power they were up against, all twelve winged demons launched a flurry of attacks at the swordsman. If they were quick before, now they were of blinding speed. They worked in unison, and with such fury--spreading flame in their wake until they were wreathed in fire themselves--that they appeared to grow in size.

Soon a whirlwind of fire and ash surrounded them all, with Jubei at the centre of the storm. The demons drew power from it, that much was clear, as they grew increasingly rapid in their movements, their attacks lightning quick, and the fire they spouted beyond superheated. They were double their former size, and four times as deadly as they once seemed.

The largest demon had by this time reached the open doorway of the tavern proper. Its nostrils flared plumes of grey smoke and its wings beat furiously. Slowly its mouth opened, and it raised its muscular arms. Then it slashed at the timber frame of the doorway, its claws splintering the solid timber, tearing through it like papyrus.

Its eyes glowed a deep orange-red, and appeared to be centred upon Dawn. The bartender noticed as much and set his left hand upon the bar, while his right reached behind it once more. But, the watchful patron placed his own hand upon the barman's left, calling for calm. Their gaze met briefly, and the bartender straightened reluctantly, forcing himself to watch the demon as it tore the establishment apart.

Moments later, the creature burst through the ruined doorway, and its head seemed to grow threefold. Jaws as wide as the doorway itself opened to reveal a building inferno. The air began to steam, and, then, fire spewed forth like a raging gust of wind...

22. MoonlightsAngel

Sep 13, 2006
    00c: Heh, don't kill me...I was just telling DSA that I uh...I screwed up...her name's Azul, not Dawn...yet...she's a slave and ran away...so she might lie about her name...
    -----------------

She blinked, then allowed a small half smile to grace her lips as she fixed her eyes upon the woman who had 'spoken' to her.

/Actually/ she answered, her voise was clear and beautiful, yet strangly soft, as if she were quite a distance away /It is amusing.../ she watched, her eyes glistening with hidden laughter as the demon fixed her with his strong, hateful stare.

She studied it without the slightest trace of fear upon her face, which was carefully hidden in the shadows her hood offered.

'Well...' she thought, still sitting calmly 'It seems he is not as feele-minded as I thought and discovered why his fire wasn't working...either that or he is just...upset...about my earlier comment'

She let out a warm chuckle, seemingly finding the hate in the demon's eyes funny. It approached her and tried to slash her way, but the young faery simply asn't there anymore.

/Aw/ she projected towards him /You need to be a tad faster if you are to catch me, you know?/

With another chuckle she watched as a small ferret emerged from her cloak and ran to stand away from danger.

"Ssuvo t'itpet sshe'al, ne?" he whispered to it in another chuckle.

She simply sat at another table, closin her eyes.

/So, my guess is that I will have no need of defending myself from either you or your companions, ne?/ she asked the woman softly, rubbing her hidden wrist, wich was covered in a blood-stained bandage.

The events going onoutside were suddenly much more interesting than the huge demon inside the tavern, yet, that's a faery's nature, nothing seems to keep them occupied more than ten minutes.

'Interessting' she thought, unable to keep her small accent aay, even in thought.

Tag: Any

23. HunterPrime

Apr 17, 2004
    Chu'ra - Intersting Unnamed Tavern

Chu'ra was having a time, with all the activity that seemed to be going on around them. She watched, as smoke found its way into the tavern. The response she had gotten from the bartender, was almost comical as the bartender supressed a growl in response.

"Creatures such as this are not often seen outside the Underworld," he admitted. Chu'ra nodded. 'So, he does speak.' she thought to herself. He stood now firmly behind the bar and reached behind it as if to collect something, but was given pause. The bartender exchanged a silent glance with the watchful patron who insisted on being so observant. "These beasts cause undue harm and destruction upon all they set their sights upon," said the bartender, as much to the man as Chu'ra, clearly annoyed.

Chu'ra clapped her hands together as her smile grew. First, Jubei, her lovely little warrior, turned into something quite wonderful. It only gave her more cause to her eariler belief. And now, the being, who as if yet, had not given them a name, seemed to be much more in control of things than even she originally believed, as with but a glance, he stopped the bartender's movements. Perhaps, he was the true owner of such a mystical place. And then their was their new visitor, who mentally responded to her comment. /Actually/ she answered, her voise was clear and beautiful, yet strangly soft, as if she were quite a distance away /It is amusing.../ she had responded. Gutsy little thing.

As Jubei was enjoying his excercise with the twelve winged demons, she watched as now they were of blinding speed. They worked in unison, and with such fury--spreading flame in their wake until they were wreathed in fire themselves--that they appeared to grow in size. Soon a whirlwind of fire and ash surrounded them all, with Jubei at the centre of the storm. The demons drew power from it, that much was clear, as they grew increasingly rapid in their movements, their attacks lightning quick, and the fire they spouted beyond superheated. They were double their former size, and four times as deadly as they once seemed.

The largest demon had by this time reached the open doorway of the tavern proper. Its nostrils flared plumes of grey smoke and its wings beat furiously. Slowly its mouth opened, and it raised its muscular arms. Chu'ra head the fae speak towards the creature again. /Aw/ she projected towards him /You need to be a tad faster if you are to catch me, you know?/ the Demon responded by slashing at the timber frame of the doorway, its claws splintering the solid timber, tearing through it like papyrus. Its eyes glowed a deep orange-red, and appeared to be centred towards the being that Chu'ra had spoken to eariler. Interesting. The bartender noticed as much and set his left hand upon the bar, while his right reached behind it once more. But, the watchful patron placed his own hand upon the barman's left, calling for calm. Their gaze met briefly, and the bartender straightened reluctantly.

Chu'ra's eyes narrowed. A test perhaps?

/So, my guess is that I will have no need of defending myself from either you or your companions, ne?/ This time, the comment was directed towards Chu'ra. Chu'ra smiled, as she responded, /No need./ she replied simply, as she turned her head back towards the main door. Moments later, the creature burst through the ruined doorway, and its head seemed to grow threefold. Jaws as wide as the doorway itself opened to reveal a building inferno. The air began to steam, and, then, fire spewed forth like a raging gust of wind...

Chu'ra stood, and simply held up a hand, as her eyes took on a golden hue, she spoke a word, softly. Her aura around her grew strongly, as her magics flared around her, blocking the flames as the enchanted doorway had done eariler. She simply smiled, as she then spoke, in the language of the elementals.

'Keep, your breath to yourself, beast." as she then gestured, sending a cone of cold and ice into the creatures open jaws, fre

24. MoonlightsAngel

Sep 13, 2006
    IC: Azul

She couldn't help but direct a surprised glance before breaking into a soft, musical chuckle, fangs gleaming.

/Tssk nani essshesh, ne?/she directed towards the ferret who sneezed and ran to climb on her shoulder, mismatched eyes fixed upon the woman /Not many sspeak that language, stranger, am I to guess you are an Elemental too?/

She glanced at the creature, a mocking smirk upon her pale, gorgous face.

/Pfft, it seems you were better off in that hellhole you call a home, dear/ the tone in which she 'spoke' this words was the tone any faery adopts while amusing itself with a stray traveler before directing it to it's end. She observed the snarling creature with blazing, curious eyes, comming close enough to it to earn herself an unearthly growl, suddenly a deadly burst of flames was directed straight at her, melting through the ice; almost with boredom, the young faery moved out of the way at incredible speed. The creature growled it's rage, and Azul chuckled again /You did not actually expect that to work, ne? Did you, little one?/

That last comment prooved to be the kind of comment only someone of her species would use, as the creature was a good 15 times taller than her, not to mention it's overall size. With a sigh, she turned away from it again, looking out the window.

She watched out the window at the flying creatures and sighed, a look that could've been mistaken for envy to the unwise crossing her eyes. She missed flying, and felt like a dog must feel in the water, it knows how to swim, but it would rather walk. She'd rather fly, but she refused to go through all that pain again. Argh, she hated pain.

She sat on a table, legs crossed in lotus style, directly in fron of the gigantic, snarling creature, it turned it's glowing, enraged eyes to her, getting ready for an attack.

/Tsk, tsk, tsk/ she projected towards it /This lady over here warned you...I would not risk being turned into a mouse with a ferret around, and I certainly do not think that was an empty threat/

Tag: Any

25. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Bishamon Oni (Jubei, The Wandering Swordsman)

All twelve winged demons launched a flurry of attacks at the 'swordsman'. If they were quick before, now they were of blinding speed. They worked in unison, and with such fury--spreading flame in their wake until they were wreathed in fire themselves--that they appeared to grow in size.

Soon a whirlwind of fire and ash surrounded them all, with Jubei at the centre of the storm. The demons drew power from it, that much was clear, as they grew increasingly rapid in their movements, their attacks lightning quick, and the fire they spouted beyond superheated. They were double their former size, and four times as deadly as they once seemed.

From the middle of the roaring fiery whirlwind, the sound of dark mocking laughter could be heard. These creatures were indeed 'younglings' of their kind, for they did not recognize their end, even as they gazed upon it. Any long lived creature of the underworld would have recognized the terror that was now unleashed.

Bishamon Oni showed no concern over the whirling fire, demonic or otherwise. Mystic Pacts made long before human history granted him immunity from any harmful effects of any elemental force, furthermore, the glowing runes inscribed upon his argent-armour provided more than enough protection over daemonic fire, that is, IF it was of sufficient might to penetrate the protective fiery aura that countered evil energies.

No, it was not Bishamon Oni who was overmatched, but the twelve avian demons.

Bishamon's gem shone so brightly, that it certainly blinded the creatures, giving them a measure of pause. He needed only one hand to counter attack with his great silver Katana sword, as all twelve of the avians bore down on him in unison. He even slowed his movements to match their speed. They needed to understand that their evil was at an end.

He struck them as they made their first pass. Wounding them with precise strikes, weakening them, as he aimed to keep them from 'getting stronger'. He wanted them to see the futility of their efforts, as all evil creatures should on their day of reckonning.

Unbeknownst to most mortals and only to those truly knowlegable in the ways arcane, those like Bishamon existed to combat entire armies of creatures far more terrible than these simple avians. They appeared only during humanity's darkest hour. Thankfully, those times were buried deep in antiquity...however, something was evidently not right. The gem entrusted to Jubei had not glowed for Millennia...until recently.

This was not a good Omen.

Hence, the return of the Oni Warrior was inevitable.

Bishamon's ominous voice rumbled even through the whirling flames as he spoke to the avian demons in their own language.

<"Begone to the pits which spawned you, or be destroyed.">

The warning had been given, now the choice was theirs. All creatures faced the consequences of their actions. Some sooner than later.

With a side glance, Bishamon saw that the larger creature attacked the tavern unimpeded thus far, and even managed to destroy the front entrance. Such was the legacy of these fell creatures. Was there no other soul defending the tavern? Perhaps it was meant to fall this day, but Bishamon knew better than to turn his back on the twelve creatures. His mission was clear and remained a priority.

Those within the tavern that were ready to meet their end would no doubt do so bravely, if by chance they were unable to flee or mount a proper defense against the hellspawn cerature. War was never easy.

As for himself, he had genma to take care of. Such filth did not belong upon the mortal world.

Tag: DSA, anyone else

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.