main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Ultimate Marvel

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Darth-Lando, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Last I heard, Ultimates 2 #10 is due out March 1.

2. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    Yeah. Brian Hitch draws pretty pictures, but he does them very, very slowly. It's funny: they started with him having several issues in the can so they could run through without delays. That didn't work out so well.

Mark Millar is lucky, working with the two of best artists in comics right now (IMO).

3. Darth-Vassago

Darth-Vassago Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2004
    I would like to see Omega Red. He was always one of my favorites, as a kid. :)

As for the Ultimate Avengers movie, it's decent. Not terrific, but good. It's rated PG-13, but mostly for violence, but that doesn't even begin to touch the boundries of what PG-13 can handle. It's a good animated movie, and they basically explain the origin of the Avengers in the Ultimate Universe, but it's likely nothing to run out and get. I'd rent it, if you have the time, or buy it if you're a big Ultimate Avengers fan.

~Vassago

4. Raven

Oct 5, 1998
    I would like to see Omega Red. He was always one of my favorites, as a kid. happy

Already done, in Ultimate Spider-Man.

Really, there aren't very many specific heroes and villains I'd like to see Ultimatized. I mean, I want a steady stream of fresh blood. But I don't want anyone in particular.

5. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Really??? Do you have a specific issue, or perhaps a picture? I would love to see that.

~Vassago

6. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    IIRC he showed up in Ultimate Spider-Man #86.

7. Darth-Vassago

Jun 28, 2004
    Yes. You're correct, Lando. I read the issue today, and I have to say that, while Omega Red looks amazing, he really got it handed to him. And by "it", I mean his back-side. I would assume, since this is the beggining of the arc, that he will have a larger role, and we may actually learn why he's
    paying Spidey a visit.

~Vassago

8. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I just subscribed to Ultimate X Men, Spiderman, Fantastic 4, and the Ultimates a few days ago. I have been hankering to get back into comics, and after much research I figure that the Ultimate Universe will be the best place to me to hop in after all these years of not reading comics.

I am eager to get my first copies, especially the Ultimates.

9. Raven

Oct 5, 1998

Ultimate Spider-Man keeps moving forward with the Kitty plotline, and I love it. I am so completely in favor of Kitty becoming the main love interest in Ultimate Spider-Man. Not that I don't like Mary Jane, but Kitty is so, so much better for him as a character. In one respect, she reinforces the whole ?Spider-man is inadequate? thing, which is to say that no matter what his accomplishments, Peter always feels like everyone around him is better and more successful than he is. Mary Jane does it in 616 by being a supermodel and movie actress. Kitty does it in Ultimate by being part of a team that jets around the world and saves the world.

It doesn?t really matter that even though Spider-Man?s villains are strictly New York based, they exceed most X-villains in power. While Magneto is more powerful than any of Spider-Man?s villains, he?s the exception. And Spider-Man takes down most of his villains on his own. What matters is that not very many people really realize just how tough the likes of Venom, Doc Ock, the Green Goblin, Electro, etc., are. I?m honestly waiting for the time when Kitty tries to help against one of Spider-Man?s tier one villains and gets her butt handed to her.

10. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    The Ringer isn't tier one? :p

I'll definetly agree with you that Spider-man's villans are tougher than the X-Men. I also feel that for the most part the Spidey villans are more personal. When Peter fights Venom or the Goblin it's a big deal beacuse he knew these people in his regular life. When the X-Men fight Sinister or a group of Sentinals it's different. "Hey there's some bad guys hurting mutants, get 'em!"

11. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    I'm out of the loop on this, but has The Punisher appeared in any form yet? I'd love for him to be introduced as a Spider-man villain like he was in the old days.

12. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    He's appeared. He's an ex-cop whose family was killed.

His appearences have been kinda stupid in the Ultimate Universe, except for the Spider-Man, Daredevil, Punisher cross-over that introduced him. That was alright.

13. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    [image=http://www.newsarama.com/JoeFridays/JF41art/ULTMTSV2012CovCMYKpreviewcopy.jpg]

YES.

14. Raven

Oct 5, 1998
    Yep. Every single Ultimate Marvel hero is supposed to appear.

But note the lack of Hank Pym on the cover... and for that matter, Susan Storm.

15. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    I noticed the lack of Pym, but not of Sue. Also, wheres Ultimate Daredevil?

16. Raven

Oct 5, 1998
    Maybe Sue is invisible. And Daredevil... didn't notice him missing. Good catch. Obviously, Hitch has been slacking.

17. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    No Hawk-Owl either. :p

18. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    Obviously he needs to spend another 5 months per issue to make sure he gets it right.

19. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Marvel has announced a new 9 issue mini-series called Ultimate Power which will tie the Ultimate Universe into the Squadren Supreme Universe. Frankly I don't know how I feel about this. Are they actually Ultimizing Hyperion and co. or will it be dimension hopping? Either way, I think it's risky but I guess only time will tell.

Ultimate Power

20. Raven

Oct 5, 1998

I have absolutely no idea what to think about that.

21. Soontir-Fel

Dec 18, 2001
    I'm still in the WHAAAAAAAAA? phase.

22. Raven

Oct 5, 1998
    Yeah. It kind of came out of left field. In one sense, it makes sense - the original Squadron Supreme universe crossed with the original Marvel Universe. So, the relaunch of one universe meeting the relaunch of the other universe makes a strange sort of sense.

But still, WHAAAAAA?

23. razzy1319

razzy1319 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2004
    Anyone know if the Ultimates 7-13 are gonna be collected into a TPB?

24. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Are you talking about the original Ultimates run or Ultimates 2? All of the original Ultimates books are collected in two trades. The first Ultimates 2 book is out but the 2nd one which will most likely contain issues 7-12 and the annual won't be out until the fall most likely as the series is still ongoing.

25. Raven

Oct 5, 1998

Mark Millar does not want the Ultimate Annual to go into the Ultimates 2 hc or tpb.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.