main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Ultimate Marvel

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by Darth-Lando, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Really? Why's that? So people have a reason to by the Ultimate Annuals tpb?

2. Ph0enix

Ph0enix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    Anyone else pick up Ultimates 2 #11?

Great stuff, especially the last few pages [face_mischief]

3. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Absolutely loved it. Millar and Hitch have blown me away yet again. So many great moments: Thor in his cell, Cap and Wasp reuniting with Hawkeye, Iron Man in space, the freakin' HULK!

My only complaint with Ultimates 2 is the constant delays! It seems like every other week an issue gets pushed back. I can't wait for #12! I want it now!

4. Ph0enix

Ph0enix Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2002
    It'll be interesting to see what happens when Hulk meets up with Henry Pym...

5. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    I'm actually looking forward to any of the Ultimates meeting up with Pym. He's got a lot to explain for. Hulk may be the only thing that stands between him and them.

Another potential matchup: Thor vs. Loki

6. Mikaboshi

Mikaboshi Force Ghost star 6

Jul 12, 2005
    I subscribed to Ultimates 2 3 months ago and have not got a single issue yet, every time I call they appologize for the delays. [face_frustration] I get F4, Spiderman, and X Men with no issues, it would be nice if the Ultimates could keep up better.

I just bought Ultimate Nightmare and Secret this last weekend, and I loved them both, now I really need Extinction and Ultimate Vision and Ultimate Iron Man.

The Ultimate Universe is addicting. :cool:

7. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Ultimates 2 has been having delays for nearly its entire run. It's practically a quarterly book.

8. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    :( Well I hope it is worth the wait, from what I hear it is a great series.

9. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    It is definetly worth it. Of all the Ultimate books, Ultimates (1 and 2) is the only one that I think has been consistant and never let me down in terms of quality. It is always top notch.

10. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    Damn, now I really want my comics. [face_frustrated] I should just go out and buy the tpb for Ultimates, if it is that good it would be a worthy buy.[face_thinking]

11. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    In my opinion, get the hardcover for Ultimates 1. It's just about the best comic on stands right now of the superhero variety, and the hardcover will likely come to about the same price as the two trades and have better shelf life.

12. Mikaboshi

Jul 12, 2005
    I will do just that, thanks. :) I didn't need much convincing. :p

13. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Has anyone else been really dissapointed with Ultimate Spider-Man lately? Both issues of the Morbius arc felt like they were thrown together in about 5 minutes. Especially considering half of the first issue was just a retelling of Spidey's encounter with Blade back in Ultimate Marvel Team Up. The Deadpool arc of Ultimate X-Men...excuse me I got confused for a second, that was USM right? But the Deadpool arc was also a bit of a let down. It feels like Bendis has been phoning it in as of late. I really hope that this has all just been filler material as of late so that they can coincide the Clone Saga with issue #100. But if things haven't picked up by then I'll probably drop the USM.

14. Sniper_Wolf

Sniper_Wolf Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    The only Ultimate title I've really gotten into is Ultimates(I've read a few issues of Ultimate X-Men), but I [face_love] more than any other superhero story I've read with the possible exception of Watchmen.

15. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Ultimates is by far the best Ultimate title. Although I've read that Ultimate Fantastic Four has been outselling Ultimates by something like 40% lately. Although that's understandable because they are both being written by Mark Millar.

16. NJOfan215

NJOfan215 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 17, 2003
    Greg land is an amazing artist. His work alone almost makes me want to buy it.

Speaking of land what dou you guys think of the upcoming ultimate marvel/ supreme verse cross over. I'm excited about it, but i think it could end up sucking if not done right.

17. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Definetly interesting. I've been a fan of the Supreme Power universe since I first read it. I'm especially interested because Quesada has said that not everyone will be staying in their home universe in the long run. I can picture some sort of exchange program between the Ultimates and the Squadron Supreme.

18. Raven

Oct 5, 1998

I really, really can't wait for the UFF Miller/Land hardcover. Their run together has been almost flawless.

19. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    I have more faith in the project knowing that jms is in volved in it. I thought it was just bendis writing all 9 issues. While i like him, i'm not as confident in him as i am in JMS.

I may end getting the ff hardcover as well. I am interested in their work. Hell i might pick up some of the other ultimate stuff as well. It all looks good, but the whole money thing gets in the way.

20. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    So, anyone have any theories for Ultimate Spider-Man now that Richard Parker has shown up?

Personally, I think that Peter is a clone of his father. Either that or all of issue 99 and part of 98 have been a dream. :p

21. Soontir-Fel

Soontir-Fel Force Ghost star 5

Dec 18, 2001
    So Ultimates Annual #2 spoiled the rest of the Ultimates run. Dang it.

22. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    I don't think it spoiled that much. The good guys win and Cap doesn't die. Is that really a spoiler?

23. Darth-Lando

Aug 12, 2002
    Figured I'd give this thread a bump with Ultimates 2 #12 and Ultimate Spider-Man #100 both completely knocking my socks off. The Quicksilver fight in Ultimates was superb.

24. NJOfan215

May 17, 2003
    Hawkeye: Darth maul wants his mother******* lightsaber back!

25. Raven

Oct 5, 1998

Ultimate Spider-Man is trippy right now. So, Carnage now thinks that it's Gwen Stacy, Peter's father is apparently alive and well (if working for the bad guys), Aunt May now knows Peter is Spider-Man, Nick Fury is NOT screwing around, and Mary Jane is facing some life-altering changes of her own right now (And I want to see what was done!). Good times.

Ultimates 2 #12: I have never giggled so much in public as I did while reading this. The Quicksilver fight especially, but also Hulk vs. Abomination, and the lightsaber duel all made my inner fanboy sing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.