main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson Ultra Sabers!

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by dialswiftjustice, Aug 5, 2006.

1. dialswiftjustice

dialswiftjustice Jedi Master star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Hey I just got an Ultra saber from this new company Frank and Chris found in PHX! They replaced my MR Vader blade with a brighter, LED, and a huge blade, 6 inches longer! I had them base it ont his pic, resulting in a much more dynamic saber. I am going to bring it to the next meeting for show and tell, and they want to come down to do a presentation at a future meeting. If asny of you Jedi (scum) are looking for a uniqie saber thats not a ton o money, or have a MR you want upgraded, its totally worth it!

[image=http://simonz.co.hu/wallp/ep3/800/vader-mustafar.jpg]

WWW.ultrasabers.com

2. Mugen

Mugen Jedi Padawan star 4

May 7, 2005
    Chris had nothing to do with it!!!! IT WAS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: [face_beatup]

:p

3. _Anakin_Vader_

_Anakin_Vader_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2005
    mines on the way. I bought one about a week ago.

4. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    It's worth it bro, is is a converted MR or one of their customs?

5. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    Its just one of those stuntsabers that is VERY plain (more than Chris' Nightwalker). Its 3 watt white LED with slides to change the color. When I get it, I want to make it better with grips and stuff, and I guess I will get stuff at like Home Depot or something.

6. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006
    Are the blades removable on the stunt sabers?

7. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    yup. you put the colors in between the (removable) blade and the bulb.

8. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    heck yeah Lady Revan. they are completely removeable and fully duelable. and you get to keep the clashing sounds, the power up and down sounds, and the wwwrrrrrrrrmmmmmm sounds.

as a matter of fact...I have a 1/2 Darth Maul saber that has been converted for sale...you might need it for youre new project ;)

9. firstsonofsolo

firstsonofsolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 2, 2006
    The stunt sabers do NOT have sound boards!

10. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    yeah youre right. I was in so much of a hurry to post I didnt read the "Stunt" part...the Ultra Fx retains its sound is what i meant...

thank you for pointing that out to me in the harshest way fruitbag. I'll deal with you...later. :mad:

:p

11. jedirevan1

jedirevan1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2006

Ooooo..I'm interested in that 1/2 Darth Maul saber. How much you want for it?

12. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    Actually (sorry for being a smart Alec Guinness) if you want a soundboard, you can get it on the 3 watt stuntsaber, but it costs $80 extra. I almost was going to do it, but then decided not to.

13. UltraSWG

UltraSWG Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 20, 2005
    Here's a preview of our demo video. I want to thank Josh and Frankie for coming all the way to phx to shoot this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0a9D_TsRBOk

14. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    I am completely in awe of the craftsmanship of these sabers...If given the opportunity my SITH "TRAILBLAZER"saber would shatter a MR Force Fx saber into little bits with leds flying and particles of polycarbonate...many Jedi will go home crying..wishing they too can have a good saber...and now they can. Besides I need more victims. [face_devil]

15. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    ULTRA ALEX AND ULTRA TODD IN THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Im loving my new Darth Nihilus saber man...now for some audio.... ;)

16. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    A very nice thank you to the Ultra Saber's Alex and Todd, we really enjoyed having you join us yesterday and look forward to seeing you again!

17. UltraSWG

Jun 20, 2005
    Have yall seen our new fiber optic blades yet?

[image=http://img185.imageshack.us/img185/2813/11bwa3.jpg]
    The reflective nature of the film reflects competing light to reduce wash out, one of the biggest problems with bottom-lit blades.

[image=http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/9775/11clr7.jpg]
    And this is the end result. My blade is on the bottom. As you can see, the base flare has been reduced significantly and the lighting along the blade is much more even. Overall, the blade is much brighter, as well, brighter than a stock MRFX of the same color.

[image=http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/6190/122akc5.jpg]
    Here's another comparison picture, stock MR on the left, UltraFX Darth Maul on the right with the new blade.

Further, the new blade film solves a problem created by the use of plastic tube diffusers, like the ones used in stock MR blades. Plastic tube diffusers can crease and dent, leaving noticable blemishes in the blade. The film in my blades is durable and flexible. Even if it kinks, it does not crease, nor dent, and therefore doesn't cause visible blemishes in the blade from dueling.

The new film also does not leave a noticable seam, so you still get a seamless look.

Currently, all Ultrablades (thick walled polycarb blades), Initiates, Apprentices, Stunts, and Silver UltraFX sabers come with this new film. This new film makes Silver blades with color changing disks look amazing. Soon, all UltraFX models will come with it, too.

And here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SjgU2CwLhw

This is the ultimate in Luxeon blade technology and it's only available from Ultra Sabers.

18. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Gorgeous! Does the new fiber optic blade affect the price at all?

19. _Anakin_Vader_

Mar 8, 2005
    Is there any way I could get an upgrade or something for my old Ultra Saber blade? or maybe just a blade?

20. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    omg im all in!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Keep these in mind, the x-mas party is comin!

22. UltraSWG

Jun 20, 2005
    Starting Nov. 1st 2006, all Ultra Sabers will come with the new fiber optic film and it won't effect the price at all.

If you have an old Ultra Saber blade, we will gladly remove the old diffuser and upgrade your blade with the new film for free. You can stop in or mail it to us, whichever you prefer.

And here's our latest saber:

We've designed a totally new saber that we will be offering to the public starting November 1st. It is the first in a line of new custom sabers we will be releasing before Christmas.

*note, these pics are hi-res, so they are rather large*

[image=http://www.ultrasabers.com/prodimages/overlord.jpg]

The saber is powder coated in a very durable textured gloss black. The grooves in the hilt, the emitter, and the pommel are polished to a mirror shine. The saber measures 12.5 inches overall with an outer diameter of just 1.45"

[image=http://www.ultrasabers.com/prodimages/overlordpommel.jpg]

The pommel is milled and the saber comes with a machined aluminum covertec knob.

[image=http://www.ultrasabers.com/prodimages/overlordemitter.jpg]

And of course, our emitter just looks awesome. The windows in the emitter have been engineered to provide a great look while retaining structural integrity of the blade holder itself.

The saber runs on 4 AA's instead of AAA's, which more than doubles the saber's run time. Of course it comes standard with a thick-wall polycarbonate blade with our new fiber optic film and polycarbonate blade tip.

And the price will be very affordable as well, only $159, which is not much more than our current Arbiter and still alot less than any other custom saber maker. Pretty cool, eh?

23. Mugen

May 7, 2005
    Simply Beautiful. Ultrasabers is the primere saber maker as far as I and everyone has seen them are concerned. I cannot express my awe towards you guys, (Alex and Todd) out of all the people I have met this year..you guys have impressed me the most.

24. dialswiftjustice

Jul 12, 2005
    Wow, you guys never cease to amaze me! WHat is the price of the new customs above if I can ask?

After all Christmas is a comin!

25. UltraSWG

Jun 20, 2005
    $159 for Fan Force and 501st members, a bit more for others ;)