main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Umm...Grevious wouldn't have stood a chance against 4 Jedi

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Brody, Apr 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brody

Brody Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2004
    What makes a Jedi so powerful is his or her ability to harness the force, thus allowing them to shape the matter around them and see the near future. Because of these abilties, they are able to read the opponent's move before they are executed. The ONLY people with these reflexes are other Jedi, or Sith for that matter. There's more to it than just being handy with a saber. A non force user against a Jedi/Sith would not stand a chance, regardless of how well they handled a saber. The Jedi see things before they even happen!

Now Grevious seems to be a lightsaber wiz kid, but that shouldn't matter. He lacks the ability to use the force as his aid, and against a single Jedi with a saber...he'd probably lose quickly. How was he able to defend himself against numerous Jedi? Don't you think the writers took too much liberty here.

2. johnselena

johnselena Jedi Youngling

Dec 24, 2003
    well the jedi he fought were worn out after their own battles, and 3 lightsabers flying around is a lot to watch out for even as a jedi. Jedi arent all powerful, and even someone with super-fast reflexes could probably take down a weakened and tired out jedi, especially if one could master a three lightsaber technique.

3. jacemathem

jacemathem Jedi Master star 5

Oct 3, 2003
    All will be answered between now and May 2005.

...and actually it was 6 Jedi. :p

4. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    Hes a droid, if you spent enough money on him you could make his processer read pretty fast, meaning he computes things fast, meaning he could proberbly see things in slo motion.

With this he could see any attack coming, and block or dodge it, and because he is a droid, he is not limited my his body, such as a jedi, which means he can attack as fast as he thinks.

5. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "he is not limited my his body, such as a jedi, which means he can attack as fast as he thinks"

Whoa, whoa. Slow down. I see your reasoning, but it is not without glaring flaws.

I do see what you are getting at. Grevious is not limited by the innate limits of the human body. Humans can only move so fast, their muscles can only expand and contract so fast.

But of course Grevious is limited by his body. Any thing in this physical world takes time to get from here to there. Grevious is made up of gears and sockets-- physical things just like an organic body. And no matter how well oiled or lubricated or wahtever those joints are, it is impossible for him to move as fast as he thinks. That would require him to move at the speed of light (the speed at which the electrical signals would travel through his circuits). And hyperdrives do not fit on droids.

Sorry, but it doesn't work.

6. KosmicKnine

KosmicKnine Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    I thought Grevious was a cyborg, not a pure droid. His eyes don't seem all that droidish to me. If he's a cyborg, maybe his flesh parts were from a former Jedi and he thus had some method of using the Force to help him fight against the Jedi.

7. i_like_commas

i_like_commas Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2004
    yup, grevious is a cyborg, half droid half alien. the databank is a wonderful thing for people who take time to read it, since when it comes to star wars, thats pretty much the gospel right there. Since he has the body of a driod and the mind of a alien this means that while he has the ablities and speed of a driod he doesnt think like one, so he can be cunning, something a driod probably couldn't. as far as seeing into the future, that move is almost entirely defensive, so the jedi would know where to block, if anything that is the only reason some of them stayed alive as long as they did, The General doesn't need that, since this guy is always going to be on the offensive. think about it, if he is throwing lightsaber attacks from three lightsabers at that whirlwind pace, are you as a jedi, even with the power of foresight going to have time to try something offensive. any jedi facing off against grevious should only use that lightsaber long enough to buy him enough time to get the hell out there.

8. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    It doesn't matter if you see an atomic bomb coming. Chances are, it's gonna kill you.
    The General comes at them with two and more sabers.
    They sense a swing with one so they block it. It wouldn't matter if they saw the second saber coming or not as they're already preoccupied.
    Toss in the fact that he was swinging them faster than anyone previously seen, and it wouldn't matter if you saw it coming as at most it'd only be a split second and by the the blow's coming.
    On the defensive, Grievous could have a droid enhanced processor.He could see the blow coming and calculate faster than a computer it's most likely trajectory, and move in to block giving him something akin to 'Jedi sense' if you will.
    Jedi aren't invincible or only killable by another Jedi or Sith. That's why they died in the arena, and that's why Qui-Gon specified it was very possible to kill a Jedi. Lucas immediately wanted to get the invicible idea out of people's minds quickly.

9. i_like_commas

i_like_commas Jedi Youngling

Apr 11, 2004
    also lets not forget grevious works for THE SITH. if anyone can build the ultimate jedi killing machine i think it would be dooku and palpsy. Not to mention whatever alien that became General Grevious probably has had a lot of experience fighting jedi before and survived. its not like a coulple of half wit gammoreans thru a wamp rat in a metal suit and sold it to dooku half price hear. The Sith are very thourough, calculating, methodical and cunning, I am sure that when they created what would become General Grevious they made sure to cover all the bases and made sure that it could not only stand up to Jedi but anihilate them. being jedi themselves, they would know what to do.

And lets not forget that General Grevious was "not without mercy," he did offer them a warriors death and all, more a of a dooku quality than a driod (RogerRoger). perhaps this was even an old aprentice that suffered serious injuries. "We can rebuild you, we have the technology. We can make you better, faster, stronger than you were before" but dont quote me on that, the last bit was just mild speculation

10. Jedi_Benji

Jedi_Benji Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 2, 2002
    Whoa, whoa. Slow down. I see your reasoning, but it is not without glaring flaws.

Yea I spose, but the cartoon is a bit over the top, after the movie we'll be able to draw a conclusion from that.

11. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    Well, it looks like he held off pretty good there. You may be against jedi, but his reflexes look damn fast.

12. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    A coulple of half wit gammoreans thru a wamp rat in a metal suit and sold it to dooku half price.

Hey! No Ep III spoilers! :mad:

13. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    In theory, if someone physically was strong and agile enough, they could outfight a Jedi. I mean look at Coleman Trebor's death.

Half the argument says he should have been able to deflect those shots, and the other half says Jango was too agile and too accurate. So there you go.

14. Dead-Gecko

Dead-Gecko Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2004
    Maybe Grievous has a coupla ysalamiri tucked away somewhere. It would explain the Jedi freaking out...

15. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    No, they were able to use the force normally. The Jedi freaking out was because they heard but didn't see him.

16. Sith_Dreamer

Sith_Dreamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2004
    Did you see all those droids? Imagine how many there would have been originally. They were really worn out after foghting so many.

17. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    Yes, the Jedi were tired, but still, they should have trashed Grevious. Everyone here is talking like the Jedi are Jedi because they use lightsabers, and that's not true. The Jedi use the Force, lightsabers are secondary.
    It doesn't matter how many sabers Grevious used, how fast he can think/act, or if he's Force guided or not. Any one of those Jedi should have just lifted him off the ground with the Force, then crushed him. Or held him immoble and tossed big hunks of metal at him. Or held him imobile then hacked him apart. Or pulled the sabers from his hands. Or turned him off.... etc.

18. That_Wascally_Droid

Jul 29, 2001
    Except they're too busy concentrating on not getting hacked to bits.
    Using the Force takes concentration. It's hard to concentrate when you have a saber weilding psycho blender coming at you.
    Or else why didn't Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon use your technique against the droidekas? Or Obi-Wan with Jango?
    Or a Jedi against a Sith or vice versa?
    Plus, any use of the Force as an offensive weapon is of the dark side as there's hostile intent in the user's heart. It's what's in the user's heart where it counts.

19. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    At no time were all four jedi engaged by Grevious. The others were free to concentrate.
    Holding Droddikas in place wouldn't have helped Obi and Qui-Gon because the droids would still be shielded.
    I don't know why Obi-wan doesn't use the Force against Jango, maybe he didn't think of it? Or maybe he's over dependant on his lightsaber?
    As for using it against Sith; I assume that most Jedi Sith confrontation includes an element of Force attack/ Force block that goes on invisibly. Such as Darth Vader trying to Force choke Obi-wan, and Obi-wan blocking that attack. Grevious would have no such protection.

20. Matthew Trias

Matthew Trias Force Ghost star 6

Sep 8, 1999
    Of course Grevious has no throat...wel not one you can throat.

I assume that you have to have a break in the battle to be able to concentrate. Thenonce you have the davantage you keep on pushing it. If they're attacking you you're never going tio be able to concentrate.

21. Qu_Klaani

Qu_Klaani Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    "It doesn't matter how many sabers Grevious used, how fast he can think/act, or if he's Force guided or not. Any one of those Jedi should have just lifted him off the ground with the Force, then crushed him."

We have seen Jedi Levitate big heavy things twice, both times it was Yoda and both times it was difficult for him. Imagine if one of the Jedi had just stopped and tried to lift GG, he/she would have lost their head. The only ways the Jedi could use the force against him would be to either throw stuff at him or push him away, both of which they tried on him. I imagine Grievous was too heavy to just pick up or crush without some serious effort.

22. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    Yes, they would loose their head fast.

Ki tried to push Grevious if you remember. Grevious saw what he was about to do and dodged the push. He's not a simple battle droid.

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Also, please bear in mind that Grievous is composed of organic material, which means that the prohibitions of using the Force to attack living beings still applies.

The Jedi can't just Force Strike them, like Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan do to simple battle droids in TPM...

24. JediTrilobite

Nov 17, 1999
    Jedi can also lift non-organic things, there's nothing that says that they couldn't have lifted Grievous. I think that they were a bit too busy to worry about it at the time.

25. Matthew Trias

Sep 8, 1999
    I don't think that's Dp 4m's point. He's talking about the prohibition against using the Force to assault organic beings.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.