main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ummm, how did Yoda, Obi-wan and Bail explain Padme's death to her people?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Jedi_Adonis, Aug 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Adonis

Jedi_Adonis Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2005
    I've been wondering about this for awhile, how did Obi-wan, Yoda and Bail explain Padme's death upon their arrival at Naboo? I mean, they brought her home to Naboo (dead), they couldn't just dump the corpse off at her parent's house.
    I believe that the people of Naboo would want an explanation as to why their former leader/hero ended up dead and apparently pregnant. Also I believe her parents should've known the full extent of their daughter's relationship with Anakin, doesn't Obi-wan or Yoda owe them that? Could'nt one of the children have been left with their grandparents? I don't see the difference between letting luke/leia grow up on Naboo instead of Alderaan. I am sorry if this has already been discussed, but these questions have been nagging me for awhile.

2. LeiaSkywalkerSolo

LeiaSkywalkerSolo Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2005
    I believe they told them that she was killed with other senators when Order 66 went down.

As for the Leia being raised with her grandparents on Naboo, I think Anakin would have been like..."hey, that's my daughter!..."

3. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    Perhpas Obi-Wan thought that Vader would first look at Padme's parents' house. It seems logical.

4. OMoT33

OMoT33 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    I doubt that Obi-wan and yoda explained the death out of fear of being spotted by anyone on naboo.

The reason why luke and leia weren't raised there was because naboo was brought under the empire, and any force sensitive children such as themselves would probably be ordered to be terminated by the emperor.

5. Thulium

Thulium Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 1999
    Since the Skywalker wedding was held at the Lake on Naboo, I imagine the Naberrie's knew about it.

Everyone on Naboo saw Padme's seemingly pregnant body carried through the city of Theed so her death was very public. Since the Emporor told Darth Vader that "he killed her", I would guess that Darth Vader is Padme's murderer of record. I seriously doubt Palpatine would say such a thing if it were going to be refuted by every citizen of his home planet.

6. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    Yah. They probably said that Darth Vader had killed her, along with the rest of the Jedi and Senators.

7. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Yup. And according to the Visual Dictionary (though I admit it is a dodgy source):

"Padme's parents Ruwee and Sola, sister Jobal, and Queen Apailana, are told that Padme was killed by the Jedi on Coruscant. No mention is made of Padme's pregnancy or where R2-D2 or C-3PO are. An investigation into who fathered the children would go against Naboo tradition."

Can I just say that last sentence REALLY offends me. Sounds like the Naboo don't seem to care too much about what a father owes to his children. Does that mean Naboo society is against a raped woman getting her child tested for evidence, or a paternity test done to determine child support?? Sorry if it's a little OT, but that just seems a little silly to me....

8. -AE-

-AE- Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    I think they meant Naboo Tradition was against autopsies or genetic tampering with the dead. They wish to be respectful to their passings.

9. thechozn1

thechozn1 Jedi Master star 4

May 15, 2005
    Well, Obi-wan and Yoda really weren't around anyone after they went into hiding, so they wouldn't have to do any explaining. According to the visual dictionary, the family was told that it was the fault of the jedi and their rebellion that she died.

10. KissMeImARebel

Nov 25, 2003
    Ah, that could be a possibility too. ;) Still v. fishy to me though. And I still find it sad that Padme's death was so covered up....I wonder how much was "Naboo Tradition" and how much was a cover-up by Palps, the Jedi and everyone else who surrounded her.

11. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
    I thought they told them that the Jedi killed her, because 'the Jedi are evil' in the Empire's mind.

12. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004

They appointed Jar-Jar, who spoke on their behalf. :D Then they high tailed it out of there. :p

13. jangoisadrunk

jangoisadrunk Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Can I just say that last sentence REALLY offends me. Sounds like the Naboo don't seem to care too much about what a father owes to his children. Does that mean Naboo society is against a raped woman getting her child tested for evidence, or a paternity test done to determine child support?? Sorry if it's a little OT, but that just seems a little silly to me....

I think that meant men and women on Naboo are free to mate and breed without being judged by nosey neighbors. I bet there aren't a lot of republicans on Naboo. :)

14. UPwind-ooooh

UPwind-ooooh Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 17, 2003
    Agent Skywalker said: "I thought they told them that the Jedi killed her, because 'the Jedi are evil' in the Empire's mind."

I agree -- in particular, I could foresee Obi-Wan taking the brunt of the blame. The UNOFFICIAL line might go something like this: HE took Padme (figuratively) from Anakin, who by that time was calling himself Darth Vader. The Chosen One knew in his cold, dark heart that he could have saved her had Obi-Wan not 'spirited her' away from him. So, from a certain point of view, Obi-Wan killed Padme (and Anakin along with her).

The 'OFFICIAL Empire penned obituary might go something like this:

By Imperial declaration, the Emperor, with His most proufound sadness, announces the death of His dear friend and Clone Wars hero, Anakin Skywalker. Skywalker was murdered by the Jedi as they simultaneously launched a coup attempt against the Emperor. Skywalker's unflinching support for Emperor Palpatine's bold government reforms made him the enemy the Jedi order which he bravely abandoned. Yearning to break free of the corrupted Jedi mold, Skywalker secretly marryied Senator Padme Amidala of Naboo, courageously humanizing himself in direct violation of the sterile Jedi code. Senator Amidala was accompanying her husban upon his ambush and execution while on Imperial business on the volcanic moon Mustafar. Senator Amidala bravely, boldly placed herself between Kenobi, his blood thirsty Jedi henchmen and her beloved Anakin, sacrificing her young and promising life in an effort to save her heroic husband. Senator Amidala was near full term with child at the time of her death. The child did not survive Amidala's attack. Skywalker's body was cast into the fiery molten pits of Mustafar upon Kenobi's harsh orders. The Emperor issued a galactic-wide delaration establishing Skywalker and Senator Amidala as the First Imperial Martyrs, and assures all good citizens that the outlawed Jedi order will pay for this most grievous and horrific crime.

15. KissMeImARebel

Nov 25, 2003
    All right, I don't want Jedi_Adonis's thread forced offtrack here....and I get your point jango...but mine doesn't have to do with the ppl of naboo being "nosy", it's more along the lines of "a pregnant woman has been murdered and the children are missing" - I would think her family would want to know if her death was related to her pregnancy/the father, IF they knew or suspected her pregnancy or marriage. It's also a point of "Naboo's senator was murdered" - I would also think that the ppl of Naboo would want a thorough investigation done as to who was involved and see justice done.

Not looking to start a big debate, just wanted my point clarified. :) But I won't post on it again, cuz I don't want to get too OT.

EDIT: Looking back over your post, I see your weren't being argumentative....I initially thought you were (sorry, sorta late, brain fuzzy) - so I just wanted to apologize if I sounded a little harsh. :oops:

16. sccrman95

sccrman95 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2004
    I like the way of Jar Jar tried to explian it, ended up sayin he killed her and was murdered by a mob of angy people.

17. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    They lied. And they screwed the Naberrie's out of their grandkids. I'm sure they would have moved to Csilla, or any backwater, if they had to.

But Bail wanted to have a free kid, that he had NO right to just claim. It really makes me almost glad he croaks later. Thief.

18. voodoopuuduu

voodoopuuduu Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 22, 2004
    But Bail wanted to have a free kid, that he had NO right to just claim. It really makes me almost glad he croaks later. Thief.

Good point. Another example of Jedi arrogance. Yoda and Obi-Wan have no right to decide the custody of Luke and Leia. Except maybe possesion is 9/10ths of the law. :D

19. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Hmmmmm...leave the kids on Naboo where all the Naberries can be killed by the Empire, or leave them with the Organas and Lars, with the Naberries safe and sound and alive?

Oh yeah, no contest. :rolleyes:

20. Master_Anakin1

Master_Anakin1 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 31, 2005
    Well we know the Queen didn't know about her being pregnant I am sure her family knew and so did her attendnces.

Jar Jar I am POSATIVE didn't know she was with child.

If I was Obi-Wan I would tell them the truth, but seeing as Naboo is still part of the new Empire I would have to say that they told them some kind of lie like she was attacked by a driod or someone on Musfar and Anakin tryed to save her but was attaked, mutalated and horrable scared by the attack!

21. DS_Emp_Viper

DS_Emp_Viper Jedi Master star 4

Sep 30, 2001
    ah so stealing them and putting them in mortal danger later in there life is any different?

22. Lurking_Around

Lurking_Around Jedi Knight star 6

May 26, 2002

"Citizens of Naboo! Your Senator died because she...er, lost the will to live..."

Naboo Citizens: [face_plain]

23. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Palpatine would find out about the Naberrie's having a new child or two out of nowhere.
    The Sith come, and all hope is lost. So, the Naberries hit the road and take off. They're hunted down, and once again the children are Sithed (or destroyed) and hope is lost.
    Bail had often talked about adopting a daughter (Alderaan appears to be very matriarchal). So, no one's too suprised if he should finally have a daughter.
    It seems very unlikely that Vader would stop by to have tea with the Larses. If, for whatever reason, he did come down, Obi-Wan was keeping an eye on things.
    It was simply too dangerous for the galaxy at large for the children to be caught. I really don't think the Naberries were close-minded enough to throw a hissy fit. Ruwee (I think that's the dad) seemed especially concerned with familial safety. He certainly would've understood.
    Naboo and the Naberries were simply under too watchful an eye. If it wasn't for the adoption, Alderaan would be too. Tatooine? Who cares.

Bail probably told the family that Padme died by an unknown assailant. She had plenty of enemies. Palpatine apparently came by later and said a Jedi did it. They knew Anakin, a Jedi, liked Padme, so they probably assumed he died protecting the Temple and/or Padme. He was a highly celebrated war hero afterall.

24. Lord_of_all_Noldor

Lord_of_all_Noldor Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 30, 2005
    Good question...

It was probably: "The little kid who saved your planed a few year ago killed your Senator and will kill every single one of you if you stand up to the new Empire." ;)

25. Darth-Trepidor

Darth-Trepidor Jedi Youngling star 3

May 10, 2005
    Died during childbirth... pregnancy complications, take your pick...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.