Discussion in 'Romania' started by sergiurusu, Oct 28, 2004.
Well, that explains everything!
Creepy, isn't it?
Vader Dealing With Cellphone
[image=http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/4049/3107euz8.jpg] [image=http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/3229/3207ehf9.jpg] [image=http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/6486/3507ete7.jpg] [image=http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8224/3607eji8.jpg] [image=http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/3681/3807emn0.jpg] [image=http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/1481/3907evb7.jpg]
50 Reasons Why Star Wars Is Better Than Star Trek
Original article - http://www.doubleviking.com/a-4885-p.html
1. Star Wars is Real. Unlike Star Trek, a wholly invented work of science fiction, Star Wars relates a series of actual events occurring in a galaxy not unlike our own, but long ago and far, far away. Far too far away, and far too long ago, for anybody to prove me wrong. But you don't have to take my word for it. Read between the lines of this quote from George Lucas himself: ""[The whole story has] six episodes?.If I ever went beyond that, it would be something that was made up." See that? Anything additional would be made up, implying that the currently existing six episodes are entirely factual, just as we've always known. In the biz, that's what we like to call "air-tight logic."
2. The Aliens Are Alien. In Star Trek, pretty much anything can pass for an alien. You can take your kid to the circus and have them paint whiskers on his face, and then haul him straight in front of a Star Trek camera and call him a Berchloran or something, and I guarantee that no one will notice. Meanwhile, some Star Wars aliens have giant head tentacles that enwrap their bodies; some are stout, green creatures with tusks and horns; some have weird brain/penis-shaped heads and play in a rockin' band. In other words, you're not going to just whip them up with five minutes and your extra silly putty, unlike the aliens of Star "let's-just-give-them-all-variations-of-the-same-forehead-ridges" Trek.
3. No Scientific Pretensions. Or at least not as many. Sure, there may be an odd pseudo-scientific reference here and there, and admittedly, they almost ruin everything (midi-chlorians, anyone?). But you will never in your life hear Luke Skywalker barking an order to "modify the main deflector dish to produce an inverse tachyon pulse to scan the inside of the anomaly." As if that would even work.
4. Chewbacca is Understood. Ooh, the future is so fancy in Star Trek. You just keep a device on you, a universal translator, and you never have to learn a second language. Well, guess what? Han Solo can understand Chewbacca without any of your glitzy gadgetry, despite the fact that he never once speaks wookiie. And it goes both ways. It's called making a real connection with another culture, Star Trek. You should try it sometime.
5. Light Sabers. Q: What defeats a light saber? A: Nothing. Light sabers cut through anything, from the neck of your favorite old Jedi to the hull of a spaceship. Not only that, but they're fully collapsible for safe and easy travel, and no one in the Star Trek universe has ever laid hands on one.
6. The Force. Yeah, Spock might have a sweet death grip. But this one doesn't become a contest until he lifts a submerged fighter plane out of a swamp while doing a one-handed handstand. Sure, Bones is a fine physician. But this conversation can't start until he puts a torpedo in a two-meter wide exhaust vent with his eyes closed. And yeah, Worf is a fierce "alien" warrior. But don't call me back until he shoots lightning from his fingertips. The Force is such a versatile concept - it can be a weapon, or it can be a philosophy - that it would be hard for Star Trek to match-up with. Its appropriate, then, that it doesn't.
7. Yoda. Wise you are. Better than Spock Yoda is. Multiple flips off the wall Spock can not execute. With inverted sentences Spock does not talk. A great teacher Spock is not, hmm? Very powerful Yoda is, yes. Pointy ears they both have. But a Jedi Master, only one is, yes.
8. Pockets. Apparently, denizens of Star Trek have evolved to the point where if you want to carry something, you'd better be prepared to use your hands. Nobody has pockets. If Captain Picard wants to carry a flask around, apparently he's forced to crotch it or hold onto it, because he's sure not putting it on the hidden pocket inside his jacket. Because he has no jacket. And no pockets. Meanwhile, the men and women of Star Wars can conceal as much alcohol on their persons a
Darth Vader rock...
Hmm.. Ma intreb daca cineva va si cumpara chestia asta.
I knew Vader was a pervert, but...
Acum stim sigur faptul ca Vader avea personalitati multiple.
mishto chestia....mi-a placut aia cu gluga
Asta face parte din Proiectul Vader la care am facut referire cand discutam despre Celebration 4. Nu stiu daca subiectul se califica pentru categoria "umor". Este mai degraba o forma de Pop Art.
We all have to recognize that it's pretty original. I'm still glad they haven't painted it pink(or did they??).
Oh yes, they did.
Now how did I miss that???
Ei bine...astea chiar ca arata creepy.
Parca i-au scos pielea.(brrrrrrrr)
Star Wars prequels recut trailer
The Lost Star Wars scene
si da, vader mandideaza la presedintie
TFN...it's your destiny.
Robot Chicken part 1
Robot Chicken part 2
Robot Chicken part 3
That is hilarious!!
Da, l-am scos si eu de pe un torrent acusi. Super tare... mai ales discutia lui Han despre reactor.