main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA "Un-Official Happy Hour 2" Oct. 22 or 23rd

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Bubba, Oct 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    Since I am out of commission all October, and since I miss you guys, presenting...

Un-Official Happy Hour gathering Number two!
    (actually, number three. Second for this year. We had one is early 2002)

What works best: Please choose.

Wednesday 22nd or Thursday 23rd? (October)
    Either Chuy's or Bennigans in Glendale.
    November/December will be in Pasadena.

6 PM- 8 PM, maybe Karl and Lou can be prompt this time. :D 7-9 could be a possibility,
    if better for the masses.

Both have tons of free/discounted food, or cheap tacos, and ample free parking. Also, both are restaurants, thus you can be under 21. ;)

Chuy's Restaurant is Located At:
    The Exchange
    145 North Maryland
    Glendale, CA 91206
    (818) 243-8812

Glendale Market Place
    Bennigan's
    146 S. Brand Blvd
    Glendale, CA 91203

2. luwho

luwho Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 28, 2003
    Thursday 23rd !

- Luis

3. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    You guys are no fun LOL. I'll have to miss it due to the fact that I will be gone starting at 1 AM, Sunday October 12 until Sunday, October 26. I'm driving to Medford, OR on Sunday -- yes, all the way in one day -- and then on to Reno for a few days, and then a week in Bishop.

So have fun...sob, I miss all the good stuff, including the SW showing.

Helen

4. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm there! Either day is fine with me. I'm pretty sure I've been to Chuy's before.

5. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    Valeda-Kor,

Dude, you are going to Reno? Please please please, if you see a Reno 9-1-1 shirt or hat, buy it for me. I will gladly reimburse. (or beer mug, or bandana...) Anything but a poster.

That is one of the best shows in creation.

6. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    "Dude, you are going to Reno? Please please please, if you see a Reno 9-1-1 shirt or hat, buy it for me. I will gladly reimburse. (or beer mug, or bandana...) Anything but a poster."

Marshall, what exactly am I supposed to be looking for??? Is this a show, or some sort of promotional gig, or what? Is is something at one of the downtown hotels? Inquiring minds want to know!

Helen

7. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    It's a show on Comedy Central (Wednesdays at 10:30). It's like a COPS parody, and it's funny. You should check it out!

EDIT: Crap, I forgot!

I'm NOT workin' on Thursday! So, Thursday would be my day of choice, and the later the better so as to avoid going through downtown during rush hour...maybe even 8-10, if that's not going past anyone's bedtime. :)
    Marshall--wink acknowledged and returned. Yeah.

8. TIE1138

TIE1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 3, 2002
    No preference here.

I'll be there, not square. 8-}

9. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    I learned a few things today.

1. Do not use quotes (") in the title of your positings. No good.

2. In N Out Burgers protien style burgers are excellent, even without the bun.

The Funniest Darn show in the World

Hurray, Sara is coming to HH. 8-10, umm...a little late. I am asleep at 11 PM. But, do this: Take the 10 to 110 North, to 5 North to 134 East. 2 Exits, Central/Brand Exit. 45 minutes from W. LA

Helen, I doubt there will be anything there, if it is, likely bootleg. But, if you see "Reno 9-1-1 on it, grab it" It is so sick and twisted satire and spoof, it is hysterical. They mock themselves, they mock cops, and mock current events. I am going to start taping it.

10. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Oh, "that" show -- I know the one you mean, have even seen it. Just didn't register on my brain today LOL. I'll look and see if I can find anything.

Helen

11. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    I'll see if I can geet Mr. DarthHaskett to watch the padawan. If he doesn't have a meeting, it should be fine. Let me know which date is decided upon. I won't give a preference since I may not be able to go.

12. JediBith

JediBith Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2001
    Oooh, oooh! Looks like something I can attend! I miss my star wars peeps too! Either day, either place is fine. I can get there by 6...with the Mr. if that's o.k.!

I'm sorry ValedaKor can't go...Have fun on your road trip!

JediBith

13. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    UNOFFICIAL HAPPY HOUR WILL BE THURSDAY OCTOBER 23, AT CHUY'S
    6-8 PM.

Free parking near by, and they have validated parking in the lot next to restaurant, and meters which are .25 for 30 minutes.

Thanks for those who responded. Luis, be prompt. :D

14. SoloJedi

SoloJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 10, 2001
    But at that time we'll miss "FRIENDS".. it's the final season :(.
    This the one in glendale???
    I'll see if i can make it.

15. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    I have one acronym for you: VCR.
    I will use it in a sentence: I will use my VCR to record Survivor.

It will be nice to see you.

16. SoloJedi

Sep 10, 2001
    VCR???
    Dude, i haven't recorded anything on vcr since the 80s....
    Guess i should start concidering a T-Vo,

17. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    Solo,

This weekend I watched VH-1, tribute to the 80's. The year: 1980. You were one of those dorky preps. who wore their collars up, and it was a pink or baby blue izod/ polo shirt.
    (OK, I was preppy, I admit)You wanted to be Ricky Schroeder.

You played with Rubiks Cube, Stretch Arm Strong, and Mattel Electronic Football. Atleast, they showed a nice tribute to Empire Strikes Back.

How is your Beta VCR, and Rotary phone doing?

Naturally, this is all in jest.

See you next Thursday.

18. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Dude, Mattel Electronic Football was rad! I just bought a new one a couple of years ago. I used to solve that gnarly Rubik's cube in less than 2 minutes while wearing my parachute pants with the cuffs rolled up and an pastel colored Izod shirt. Don't bag on the 80's.. Valley dude!

19. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    dude, if you are talking about the Green Mattel Football II, bring it to the unofficial gathering. We can play while we socialize. I will wip your JediRacer butt!

I have a Rubiks cube for you to solve, seriously. I will bring it too.

Let us not forget: staying up late to watch videos on showtime/ HBO, Richard Dawson on family Feud, the A-Team, Miami Vice, and Intellivision/ Atari 2600. This sounds like it could be a topic of a new thread. Comodore 64? Speak and Spell?

20. SoloJedi

Sep 10, 2001
    dude.
    you guys are like so geeky! :D
    Yeah i was watching the thing on vh1 too. Man it seems like such a loooooong time ago.
    Actually, i still have that football game somewhere....it was toatly awesome!
    I used to wear member's only jackets too.
    And my pants with all thise pockets...
    and my hightop reeboks....wow! those were the days......

21. JediRacer

Apr 5, 2000
    Sorry, I only have the white original Mattel Electronic Football. I'll bring it anyway. I used to have a Member's Only Jacket, but it's long gone.. someone at work (who's 10 years older than me but still claims to be the same age as me) still wears his Member's Only jacket.. I guess he's the only member (sorry, I couldn't resist)

On a second note, totally unrelated to this thread or anything else, I just saw Kill Bill, and that movie kicks a$$ over any movie I've seen this year (save for LOTR:ROTK).

22. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    If Mr. DarthHaskett can watch the padawan, I will be there, though probably a bit late.

23. Darth-Bubba

Nov 11, 2002
    incase it was missed:
    UNOFFICIAL HAPPY HOUR WILL BE THURSDAY OCTOBER 23, AT CHUY'S
    6-8 PM.

Free parking near by, and they have validated parking in the lot next to restaurant, and meters which are .25 for 30 minutes.

Just for fun, I have another poster I am giving away from the Insider. Whoever buys me a cold Jawa Juice can have it. Also, some Qui Gon Jin stickers.

Tie1138, I have your poster as well.

24. Elensara

Elensara Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Yep, I'm retarded--I thought this was last night. Ah well, 'least I know how to get there now, and that it takes 1 1/2 hours in frickin' rush hour (please, please consider makin' it just a *little* later? Like 7 instead of 6? I don't get out of class 'till 5:10, so it's not like I can leave at 2 and beat rush hour...) they didn't card me, ha!

This could've been easily avoided if either Derik's phone worked or I had Marshall's # (rolling eyes).

La la la. Looks like I'll be back up there NEXT Thursday...

25. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    I got your messages Sara. I would've called back, but Marshall's number is in my other phone. I just got a new phone and I haven't transferred all the numbers yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.