Niagara, ON UN-RANT!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Fanboy_Solo, Mar 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling

star 4
    After reading all the posts in the RANT thread, I decided to make an Un-Rant thread for those who have good things they'd like to share. If you've got something not going well, post in the Rant, if everything goes your way, post in here. Just to share your good news and thoughts with everyone.

Who'd like to start?
  2. jadepadawan Jedi Knight

star 3
    I will start Nick.

I think a lot of times people may not realize how exactly things mean to people a la It's a Wonderful Life. That's why I like to tell people straight up when they've done something meaningful or like to be told if I've done the same.

So I will say that being in a club like this is really important for me-when my best friend died I was sad for a long time because I thought "Who will I talk about SW with" because none of my friends really liked it. Then after my first breakup with an SW fan I started panicking because I thought "Who will I go to Ep 2 with, who will watch MST with me". Now with my second breakup I am taking this much better because I know that I don't have to run around like a maniac trying to find a guy who like the same things I do-there are other people around. So, being in a group with people who like the same things as me as well as being really nice and funny is very good.
  3. Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Same here, Steph. Since I joined YJN as one of the first members almost a year ago, I've had such a blast knowing all of the people here. To repeat what Steph said, it has been so wonderful knowing people who are as big (or almost as big) Star Wars fans as myself. I've also met other MST3k fans (as was said already) and has been an overall great part of my life. I love this club and look forward to the future :D
  4. Jedi_Padawan_Padme Jedi Master

star 3
    I've actually got an UN-rant! lol
    Well I'll start off by saying that I usually think being the middle child sucks!
    But today when I woke my dad up....out of nowhere he says (basically) "I haven't talked to your mom yet, but if you find a young drivers course, between us, we'll pay for it for you. I just don't think it's fair that Chelsea's getting money spent on her and Adele's getting money spent on her. It's not fair to you." I haven't even been bitching to my dad lately about that!!!!
    So I'm happy now, cuz I don't have to dish out the almost $400 for driving lessons!!!!!
  5. Jedi_Padawan_Padme Jedi Master

star 3
    YAY! I'm re-viving this threeeaaaad! lol

Anyways.....I just wanna say that I feel GREAT! For some unbeknowst reason to me, I just feel really good about myself. I should probably be thanking Stef, cuz she's the one who befriended me at Lakeview, and who is pretty much the reason why I actually had some friends when I first started going to GSS. And now, I have a lot of friends there, and even if some aren't friends, they're still people that are civil or even nice to me. lol. Even some people were total jerks at lakeview are nice to me now! This feeling only started like, this year, but it kept leaving.....now I think it might actually stay for a while!

So yeah, I just fell really good about ME! :D
  6. jeigh Jedi Knight

star 3
    I had to say something about my shoes, but I didn't know where to say it. Since they're the best thing to happen to me in a long time, I thought I'd put it here :D

http://www.sketchers.com/shop/shoeImages/largeImages/1827_BLRD.jpg

You know you want 'em!
  7. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
    LOL

Cool, Debby has a pair too.
  8. Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Oh boy, I can just think where the latest trend is going.

[face_plain]
  9. Jedi_Squire Jedi Master

star 2
    I am just wondering what everyone thought about the behind the scene thing ET did on Episode II last night.
    I was somewhat disappointed.
    The majority of what they showed, I have already seen.
    Even though I have seen parts of the huge battle, that is something I do not mind seeing again.
    Of course the other side of the coin, I do not want to get too much from previews because they can sometimes take away from the movie.
    The main thing I got from watching ET last night was learning about the release of the sound track next week.
    Hopefully it is being released world wide, not just the States next week.
    Out of the 4 collectable CD cases, I am going to get the one with Jango Fett.
    I think the other ones are: Anakin and Padme kissing. Yoda maybe, I can not remember other one.
    Which one does everyone here plan to buy?
    And you are not allowed to say "I am going to get all 4."
    Okay, you can say all 4 if you really want.
    Talk to everyone later, bye.
  10. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
    Everything is coming out on Tuesday!

The soundtrack, the books (including the novelization, visual dictionary, incredible cross sections, etc etc), the first wave of toys...

Basically if its Episode II merchandise, it gets officially released on Tuesday.

Completely unofficially, I think that that will also be the day we hear when tickets go on sale... tie it in with all the merchandising hype.
  11. Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Uhh...That's kinda extremely important.

I don't see the sense in that. LFL wants to have fans line up outside toy stores to be the first to get everything. They also want people to line up for tickets. Not much sense in having those on the same day.
  12. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
    Not the tickets...the announcement of the ticket sale date.
  13. jeigh Jedi Knight

star 3
    I got a job! I got a job! And I beat out a boy for it!

The guy who'll be my boss called me today and told me :D :D And the other candidate I was running against was a guy. As a chick in the computer industry, that makes me happy. Kiss my sexist butt if you don't like it.

I danced around the room singing "I got a job over a boooy! I got a job over a boooy!"

My buddy bruce told me it was quite an accomplishment. His boss doesn't hire based on qualifications, but rather gender. Illegal or not, it still goes on. I'm just glad it doesn't at soft choice.

I'll be working as an assistant in the telecom department of a software reseller called soft choice. Doing service calls and working the help desk sort of thing. It'll look *sweet* on my resume.

Anyway, that's all I wanted to say. I got the job.

There's no way in hell I'll be able to see starwars with you guys now though...
  14. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
    Job: Yay!!!! :)

No movie: Boo :(

Movie you can watch anytime, good job and good resume are more important in the long run! :)

Way to go!!
  15. Apprentice_Anakin Force Ghost

star 4
    I have many Un-Rants.
    1) LucasFilm doing such a good job on their action figures/toys/lightsabers etc. They make there toys really high quality and for a decent price
    2) Nick and/or Graeme (whoever made the poster) people are talking about the poster over here in Welland. It's awsome (btw, can I have one)
    3) Chris's hard work and dedication on founding the club and keeping it running. Good job, Chris.
    4) Anakin. He's cool. He's powerful. He kicks ass. From what I've seen in the commercials, he like to decapitate his victims. His outfit is the coolest of all the Jedi.
    5) Yoda. Fighting. That's all there is to it.
  16. YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada

star 4
    (blush)

"...talk of Welland"

How so?
  17. Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling

star 4
    I LOVE The AOTC toys!

Hasbro sure learned the importance of magnets in a good toy. You can even remove the blades, saving the trouble of buying a figure with both a blade and handle. The force powers are well made, and the sculpts are phenomenal. The real scan technology looks great on Dooku. The detail is superior to any figures I've seen before.

Aside from that and many others, there's one thing that bothers me about a figure...

Anakin's saber is built into his arm!

Is it 1977 again?
  18. Yebbed-Crage Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah.......I finally have something really GOOD to share...

My dad bought a BOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

YEAH!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to see it, but I can't wait even more to go driving in it!!!!!!!

And waterskiing........and tubing.........and whatever else you can do in a boat!!!!!!!!!!

My imagination goes wild [face_mischief]

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!! :D

19. Woofer Jedi Master

star 4
    Three hour cruise anyone?
  20. Mert_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Three hour cruise? Why do I get the chills of a bad 60s sitcom?
  21. Jedi_Padawan_Padme Jedi Master

star 3
    HEY! that was an AWESOME show! I watched it EVERY morning (along with Bewitched).
  22. dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Master

star 4
    [image=http://www.bobdenver.com/Meet_the_Crew/cast-photo3.jpg]

Theme Song:
    Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip
    That started from this tropic port, aboard this tiny Ship.
    The mate was a mighty sailin' man, the Skipper brave and sure,
    Five passengers set sail that day for a three hour tour.
    A three hour tour.
    The weather started getting rough, the tiny ship was tossed.
    If not for the courage of the fearless crew, the Minnow would be lost.
    The Minnow would be lost.
    The ship set ground on the shore of this uncharted desert isle
    With Gilligan, the Skipper too, a Millionaire and his wife,
    A movie star, the Professor and Mary Ann, here on Gilligan's Isle.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So this is the tale of our castways,
    they're here for a long, long time
    they'll have to make the best of things,
    it's an uphill climb.
    The first mate and his Skipper too,
    will do their very best,
    to make the others comfortable,
    in their tropic island nest.
    No phone, no light no motor car,
    not a single luxury,
    like Robinson Crusoe, it's primative as can be.
    So join us here each week my freinds,
    you're sure to get a smile,
    from seven stranded castways,
    here on "Gilligan's Isle."

I can't believe I watched that every day!
    Simpler times...LOL!
  23. Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling

star 4
    Wow, Mitch was right about the bad 60's TV.
  24. dreamweaver_YJN Jedi Master

star 4
    60's sitcoms were the best!
    The thicker and cheesier the better, but with just enough reality in them to take your mind off your own problems, a half hour at a time!

Here's the ones I watched (which explains my current condition, [face_shocked]!)

1.The Addams Family
    2.The Andy Griffith Show
    3. Batman
    4.The Beverly Hillbillies
    5.Bewitched
    6.The Brady Bunch
    7.The Courtship of Eddie's Father
    8.The Dick Van Dyke Show
    9.Family Affair
    10.The Flying Nun
    11.Get Smart
    12.Gilligan's Island
    13.Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.
    14.Green Acres
    15.Hazel
    16.Hogan's Heroes
    17.I Dream Of Jeanie
    18.Leave It To Beaver
    19.Lost In Space
    20.The Lucy Show
    21.The Monkees
    22.The Munsters
    23.My Favorite Martian
    24.My Three Sons
    25.The Partridge Family
    26.The Patty Duke Show
    27.Petticoat Junction
    28. Please Don't Eat The Daisies
    29.Room 222
    30.Star Trek

......and no, I wasn't old enough to watch them all in the 60's.......reruns on channel 29! 8-}

25. Jedi_Padawan_Padme Jedi Master

star 3
    I suggest starting a new thread for this
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.