main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Unban Kenowlesy

Discussion in 'Archive: Scotland' started by MrDankDonk, Nov 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    a foul-mouthed and not-nearly-as-funny-as-me little monologger he may be, but he's OUR foul-mouthed and not-nearly-as-funny-as-me little monologger.

it has NEVER been Scots board policy to support lengthy bans on its members, however rubbish they may be.

Moderator moderator, on the wall, what is the score with Kenowlesy ? If its alright with you, can he be allowed back in please ?

EDIT: I'm locking this now, because I've been reminded that threads requesting someone be unbanned are against the rules. These kind of requests should go through PM. Thanks

2. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Has he put in an unban request?

3. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    I have no idea.

maybe he did, and it just looked like three pages of close-typed 'aye sheepshagger ya wee bawbag sez darth and then they went outside and drank buckie and then they went to McCoruscant and ho you, bawbag, I'll shag yir maw, sez the emperor, no you willn'y sez sheepshagger please unban me I'm lonely and then they had a sith kebab, which was strong in the dark side and gave them sore tummies........'

I'm presuming he wants back in. Maybe he doesn'y.

Whatever, if he does send you an unban request, its got my support.

4. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
  5. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    Well, as far as I can tell, it was only a 24 hour ban, but the person who banned him may have forgotten to unban him. It should be noted that as soon as he puts an unban request in, he will be unbanned from what I can see.

6. Failed_I_Have

Failed_I_Have Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2005
    Well said Dank Donk. You are actually a living legend. Of course he wants back, he's got a bone to pick with timbolton.

7. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Right, I am going to put a stop to this rubbish now, before I say something I am gonna regret.

First - thank you to MrDankDonk, whereas you didn't have to do anything, instead you encouraged them by dissing me. I had to explain to them basic rules that everyone should understand because they really don't seem to get it. And still don't

Second - Look, the funs over. You didn't take my posts in the spirit they were meant to be taken. So I have no interest in carrying this on. Don't PM, email, MSN me again, I ain't interested. Ok?

I made a mistake in having a little fun on the Scottish forums, I'll make sure I don't do it again.

8. Failed_I_Have

Jun 23, 2005
    What an immature and pathetic attitude to take.

Quite poor timbolton, get the patter sorted.

9. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    We have too few people post on the UK boards as it is so if Failed know Kenowsley then get him to issue in an unban request and then get back on the boards.

Also TimBolton was only trying to help get posting on the Scottish board active again.

I have read through all the offending thread and to be honest I didn't see any point where he was derogatory against Scotland or the posters you have here. However if he is being harrassed by PM's and E.mails about this that could be on an unfriendly pursuasion then I would suggest whomever is sending them stops as that can be construed as against TOS and baning's can be forthcoming if he were to complain.

you all need to remember that this is a message board and not a war zone. We all have a habit of becoming a little territorialistic at times. This includes English, Scots, Irish and Welsh and we have a tendancy to snap or try to defend our own country against remarks that we deem offensive and 99% of the time this is unnecessary. This was one of those unnecessary times.

I would suggest you come over to the Regional forum and meet and talk to more people there. They may not be Scottish but we don't bite and you'll have more people to talk to and there will be nothing to stop you posting on the Scottish boards as well.

In a nutshell. Speak to Kenowsley and then post on other boards (if you do that already then great) but it's a great way to meet more people.

10. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    oh dearie me, my good man, Tim, do not take on so !

why, I'm quite taken aback by the level of fervour being generated here.

Kenowlesy is a VERY new arrival here indeed, and is as such entirely unrepresentative of our attitude to non-scots.

a cursory examination of our thread history will reveal absolutely no past record of knuckle-dragging nationalism, and that is the way that it shall remain.

yes, we enjoy taking the Carling but its all in the spirit of mutual enjoyment . This is, after all, a place of virtuial amusement where tea-breaks are wasted and not actually real life.

however, if kenowlesy is indeed pestering you via other channels, cut'n'paste here, unedited, and let him be judged by his peers.

11. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    however, if kenowlesy is indeed pestering you via other channels, cut'n'paste here, unedited, and let him be judged by his peers.

I wouldn't suggest doing that - reposting PMs without permission is against the rules here - and we really don't want to drag the drama out. if someone is harassing you via PM then contact an administrator who can check the PMs and hand out the bans if required.

Otherwise I'd just try and move on and chill out a little bit. (I know you are being chilled about the whole thing Dank, but not everyone is)

12. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    don't you come in here, mr hoighty-toighty Malkie, with yir fancy blue border, and spurious air of authority, and tell ME not to tell Bolton to cut'n'paste Knorrsy's rabid e-mails ? not PMs, did I say PMs, no I didn't ? for our amusement and grammatical education.

I mean, in a ideal world, I'd spend all my time in here doing my best Ewan McGregor impersonation for impressionable teenage girls from several thousands of miles away, but if the only available entertainment is an online spat between a a wee scottish diddy with a bad attitude and a big english diddy with a sensitive streak, let's give em enough rope to make themselves look really really silly.

and maybe we can all, like, y'know, learn something valuable about friendship, and stuff, yah?
    :D

13. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    There hasn't been actual "abusive" PMs - one of them has tried to continue what happened through the contact methods I put in my profile for friends on here to use, but I asked now for no more contact since they haven't got over themselves, and the fact I can't be bothered with it anymore. Sorry if it sounded dramatical when it wasn't, but I saw enough posts by the second mate (including this thread) to suggest that the banned one was going to continue something very boring I-) and I don't want to see a request on MSN, a PM or anything else. Like I said above. [face_tired]

MrDankDonk - you have a PM. Btw, my surname is Bolton, you can use my first name when referring to me, seems a bit strange otherwise [face_thinking]

Ok, can we end the drama here and now, please for the sake of my sanity, I never wanted drama and this has gone on way too long. Unban the kid, let him have his posting back, I won't be making a mistake of posting his way, though from what has ocurred I know which Scottish posters are cool to chat with and which to best avoid :p

14. Failed_I_Have

Jun 23, 2005
    Has everyone forgotton me?

15. Obi_wan_Kenowlesy

Obi_wan_Kenowlesy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2005
    Bolton,you were lucky not to be banned.I know that the reason you were not banned was only beacause of the moderators predjudice towards the scottish.

As for the jakey that said Bolton did emmm....nothing and it was clearly us that started it,look at the start of the topic on page 1.It says you bunch of skirt wearers or something like that,So yes yes it looks like we started this mass debateo_O
    I am quite sure that the guy who posted and said it was the scottish who were asking for it was.....*Drum roll*....................Our very own Mr Bolton.

I have nothing else to say now,but long live the scotland=D=

16. Failed_I_Have

Jun 23, 2005
    What a pleasure to have you back, my young Padawan.

17. Obi_wan_Kenowlesy

Jul 23, 2005
    padawan,my arse

18. Failed_I_Have

Jun 23, 2005
    youngling then - don't forget who was the first of us to arrive here.

19. Obi_wan_Kenowlesy

Jul 23, 2005
    Bravo=D= Mr Figs,am very sorry,but I have ran out of my gold stars.[face_plain]

20. Failed_I_Have

Jun 23, 2005
    What a shame - I have plenty.

[image=http://www.moviemail-online.co.uk/graphics/gold_star.gif]

21. Obi_wan_Kenowlesy

Jul 23, 2005
    It seems the tramp has choried the star fae the top aff my xmas tree.I wondered where that had gone:eek:

22. Failed_I_Have

Jun 23, 2005
    Come on now Knowlesy, you know your xmas decorations should not be up in November. Quite poor if they are.

23. Obi_wan_Kenowlesy

Jul 23, 2005
    your a jakey,choring stuff.Xmas well it comes round once a year daint it,So why naw get in the xmas spirit early Mr Scrooge?[face_dancing]

Ohhhhh Bahumbug!!![face_worried]

24. Failed_I_Have

Jun 23, 2005
    My xmas spirit will unfold closer to the time:)

25. Failed_I_Have

Jun 23, 2005

Whatever you want Bolton...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.