main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Unban Kenowlesy

Discussion in 'Archive: Scotland' started by MrDankDonk, Nov 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    Kenowlesy, Failed, the truth of our relationship with the mods around here is this:

there are two kinds of mods.

there's the english mods, notably Jairen, who I know well from many a past skirmish.

the english mods let scotland away with murder, mostly because they don't always understand what we are saying, but also because the humour here has always been broader than on the main UK boards.

and there's the yank mods. the yank mods are, it seems, mainly fundamentalist christian prudes, and they actually run/own the TFn site. They usually leave us alone. They usually don't even notice us.
    But enough aggravation, enough complaints, and believe me, they come in here with a big red pen and delete threads, user accounts, whatever, and they don't listen to reason.

My comparitively mild 'star wars in glaswegian' thread has suffered hugely from this, and only been reinstated cos the english mods are, generally, alright.

yir suggestion of anti-scots bias is ill-informed pish.

keep up the swearing and abuse, particularly the stuff that's NOT EVEN FUNNY, Hell mend ye.

2. Obi_wan_Kenowlesy

Obi_wan_Kenowlesy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 23, 2005
    It seems I was banned for introducing scottish to the portugeese comunity.[face_whistling]

3. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    ye should try the far eastern boards.
    they LOVE us Scotch.

4. Failed_I_Have

Failed_I_Have Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2005
    Dank Donk, your hardly one to criticise swearing.

5. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    Dank trying to be the father figure to the young trouble makers, how times have changed.

I think there should be more trouble, you useless drunken scotish fairies, you all smell of rancid turds, or so I have heard...

6. Failed_I_Have

Failed_I_Have Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 23, 2005
    We should all call MrDankDonk Dad from now on, seeing as he is so eager to adopt us.

7. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    rambles, better rancid turds than fish guts, you grimsby gobsh.........sh........

// self-censors

gobshaft !

a new term of abuse that ISN'T swearing.

re: adopting Failed

you would be so lucky, little boy.
    if you were mine, I'd have drowned you in a bag, then slapped yir mum and told her to try harder next time.

8. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    Oh, Failed IM'd me and told me that he was banned too. Unlucky, I think is the right word :p

9. MrDankDonk

Mar 28, 2001
    The wee plamff kept swearing after he was told, as clearly as possible, using small words he could understand, that the yank overlords don't like it, so its hardly a surprise. Going by what he's contributed to the board so far, in terms of entertainment, its no loss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.