main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Unbearable Truth...L/L

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by KELIA, Mar 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Title: Unbearable Truth
    Author: Kelia
    Characters: Luke and Leia
    Timeframe: Immediately following the destruction of the second Death Star.
    A/N: This bunny is a result of one of my New Year?s resolutions ? delving into Beyond once or twice. I?ve only written here once before and it?s been fun expanding my horizons just a bit.

The rejoicing in the Ewok village was still going strong when Luke quietly slipped away. No one noticed as he made his way past the dancing ewoks and laughing rebel pilots, everyone caught up in the merriment of the moment.

He shared their happiness to a degree. The death of Emperor and the second Death Star were worth celebrating for years to come, yet a lingering sadness dampened his mood.

How he wished Anakin could have survived! He had so much he wanted to ask his father, so much he felt he could learn from him. Yet, as devastating as it was to have lost Anakin so soon after his redemption, Luke wouldn?t have traded those precious few minutes with his father for anything. They were a precious gift he would treasure forever.

He paused as he suddenly became aware of his surroundings. A faint smile of amusement formed on his lips as he stared at the same deserted walkway he stood on just a few hours before.

?At least it?s quiet,? he thought making his way to the center of the path. Clasping his hands behind him, he turned his gaze to the stars above as his mind relived the chaotic events of the day.

?Luke.?

Leia?s soft tone pierced the air as she made her way towards him.

?Are you all right?? She placed a gentle hand on his shoulder, squeezing firmly.

Luke nodded as he turned to face her. ?I?m fine,? he insisted, offering a weak smile.

Leia studied him silently for a few moments. ?Something is bother you,? she finally concluded, her eyes filled with worry. ?What is it??

Luke sighed heavily as he adverted his gaze. He knew the time would come to tell her of Anakin?s redemption and he felt the time was now, he just didn?t feel ready. And he didn?t know if she was ready to hear it.

Taking her hand in his, he quietly led her to the raised slope of plush grass next to the massive tree towering over them.

?There is something I need to tell you,? he began, easing her to the ground. ?It won?t be easy for you to hear but I hope you will let me finish.?

?Where have I heard that before?? Leia murmured as a wave of worry washed over her.

?I need to tell you about my?our father,? he paused, his voice cracking with emotion.

?I know Vader died -,?

?Not Vader,? Luke corrected, shaking his head. ?Anakin.?

Leia pulled her hands from his, her eyes narrowing. ?Who??

?Anakin Skywalker, our father,? Luke replied, taking her hands again. ?He came back to the light, Leia, at the end, just before he died -,?

?I don?t want to hear this.? Leia tried to jerk her hands away, but Luke tightened his grip.

?You must,? he implored. ?He wanted me to tell you -,?

?I don?t care what he wanted!? Leia shouted, her eyes blazing with fury. ?After all the death and destruction he caused, the only thing he deserves is the fiery death he got!?

?That was Vader,? Luke replied in a tight voice.

?They are one in the same,? Leia snapped.

?No,? Luke shook his head emphatically, whispering a silent prayer to the Fore to give him the right words to help Leia understand. ?Anakin died the day he succumbed to the darkside. He wasn?t the one -,?

?He chose the darkside, Luke,? Leia pointed out. ?It wasn?t forced upon him.?

Luke looked away, unable to deny her words. ?That may be,? he finally responded, his voice filled with sadness. ?But he came back to the light.?

Leia snorted her disbelief.

?I felt it, Leia, and you can too if you just open yourself to the Force -,?

?No, Luke.? Leia rose, her hands slipping from Luke?s. ?I don?t believe it. I don?t want to believe it,? tears slid down her cheeks as she turned away. ?I can?t believe it.?

Rising slowly, Luke turned Leia to face him before gathering he

2. dancing_star

dancing_star Jedi Master star 4

Feb 24, 2007
    ?I know it?s hard for you to take all this in,? Luke added with a wistful smile. ?I?m still a bit stunned myself, but it?s important that you know the truth.?

Leia nodded, lowering her head to Luke?s shoulder.

?I?d like to tell you about Anakin?s final moments -,?

?No.? Her head snapped back up. ?Not now, Luke, I?I?I need a little time.?

?All right,? he replied, placed a tender kiss on her forehead. ?I?ll tell you when you?re ready.?

Leia smiled appreciatively as Luke gathered her into his warm embrace.

?Thank you, son.

Luke blinked away his own tears at his father?s words, relishing the rush of warmth washing over him.

?Someday she?ll be ready for the rest, father, he silently replied, ?and I promise, I?ll be ready to tell her.?

Aww, that was heartbreaking but lovely! [face_love] You should come around "Beyond" more often and write more Luke and Leia! [face_batting] You do it well! :)
    Wonderful job! Hugs!![:D]
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

3. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Great viggie, Kelia! =D=

4. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Good recounting of a very probable conversation between them. Very in-character for both of them. I hope this means you'll venture over to Beyond more often.

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Simply beautiful!

Leia closed her eyes, her shoulders slumping. ?I?I?can?t forgive him, Luke. I?just can?t.?

?I?m not asking you to.?

Leia glanced at him in disbelief.

?I?m just asking you to accept Vader and Anakin were two different?beings,? he smiled softly. ?Vader turned me over to the Emperor with every intention of watching me join them or killing me.?

He put his hand over her mouth to keep her from interrupting. ?And when I refused to join, the Emperor?,? he paused not wanting to share all the excruciating details. ?Attacked me,? he shrugged. ?Vader watched but I could feel the struggle within him as Anakin finally found the strength to conquer the darkside.?

Leia?s eyes widened in disbelief.

?It was Anakin who killed the Emperor,? Luke admitted, stroking Leia?s cheek. ?Not me. I would have died at his hands had our father been truly lost.?

And jump on in, the water's fine here in Beyond! :D

=D=

6. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Outstanding! =D= Please visit us in Beyond more often!

Bravo! =D=

7. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    In her mind, Vader was a monster, an evil monstrosity willingly carrying out the most vicious of crimes

He was only doing what he thought was 'right', hehe. Vadey wanted order in the galaxy, and he got it. :D

=D=

Very nice, Master.

8. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent. Moving. Really THEM. :D =D= :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.